PDA

View Full Version : Something strange at the bottom of the Baltic Sea

The Ripper
01-30-2012, 01:14 PM
CNN) -- Deep down on the bottom of the Baltic Sea, Swedish treasure hunters think they have made the find of a lifetime.

The problem is, they're not exactly sure what it is they've uncovered.

Out searching for shipwrecks at a secret location between Sweden and Finland, the deep-sea salvage company Ocean Explorer captured an incredible image more than 80 meters below the water's surface.

At first glance, team leader and commercial diver Peter Lindberg joked that his crew had just discovered an unidentified flying object, or UFO.

"I have been doing this for nearly 20 years so I have a seen a few objects on the bottom, but nothing like this," said Lindberg.

"We had been out for nine days and we were quite tired and we were on our way home, but we made a final run with a sonar fish and suddenly this thing turned up," he continued.

Click here for video and rest of the article. (http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/28/world/europe/swedish-shipwreck-hunters/index.html)

This sounds intriguing, what could it be?

Octothorpe
01-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Is the area where the anomaly was found shallow enough to have been exposed when sea levels were lower? Hmmm. On the other hand, that area was also covered in ice at that time. I'm really interested in seeing where this goes.

Supreme American
02-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Nazi UFO!

Osweo
02-01-2012, 01:10 AM
DEFINITELY connected with those 'mysterious noises'... ;)

TheBorrebyViking
02-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Is it a UFO? No(well, it could be, but that's nearly impossible in odds). Is it something cool though? Probably.