PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Radicals in Struga?

poiuytrewq0987
01-31-2012, 05:24 PM
A cell of wahabis and islamic fundamentalists is at the core of a protest which led to burning of a Macedonian flag which was then replaced by a Saudi(?) flag.

The reason for this protest as the city's mayor said is the Vevcani Carnival which had offended muslims in the area.

The mayor himself, Ramiz Merko is seen by many as a radical muslim with police sources pointing to him as the organizer of this weekend protest.

It all started when an intoxicated ethnic Albanian went to a bookstore and purchased a Macedonian flag and then burned it in front of the county headquarters. Money well spent.

What happened after was certainly not spontaneous. Dozen cars showed up packed with people to protest the arrest of the intoxicated Albanian, but at the same time started protesting the Vevcani Carnival?

Many of the protesters had lengthy beards, shouted slogans "Death to Christians", something you would see in Saudi Arabia. To complete the shocking image, one of the protesters pulled out a green flag and posted it on the county flag pole.

It took police 45 minutes to realize the flag was Saudi, a flag our MINA correspondent says can not be purchased in Macedonia, because stores simply don't carry it.

The mayor, Ramiz Merko defended the islamic radicals who shouted "Death to Christians" by demanding apology from the Vevcani mayor for insulting their feelings.

According to Merko, Christians don't have feelings, it's only muslims who have them.

The wahabi sect in Macedonia is getting increasingly dangerous. The CIA and Interpol have both warned Macedonian police to keep a close eye on the increasing number of wahabis.

The wahabis have spread in huge numbers to Bosnia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Montenegro. Bosnia for instance, although considered a muslim country, has arrested the head of their wahabi sect just a week ago. According to the Bosnian Government, the wahabis were very dangerous for Bosnia!

Europe has also taken notice. Holland, France, Belgium... have all banned muslim burqas despite having large muslim populations.

In Macedonia, it's been confirmed on numerous occasions by police, media, banks... that the Saudis are paying wahabi radicals in the country 300 euros per month to force their women to wear burqas and spread their radical views to locals.

Perhaps it's high time Macedonia takes the CIA and Interpol warnings seriously, arrest mayor Ramiz Merko as he has been at the forefront of encouraging islamic radicals for a decade. //Gorazd Velkovski

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/20230/1/

Kanuni
01-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Firstly Ramiz Merko has nothing to do with Wahhabi Muslims LOL.

Secondly this protest is not led by Wahhabis but by random Muslim Albanians who feel offended from some of participants from that Carnival who obviously crossed the line with the intention to provoke the Albanians in the same time when handboll fans of FYROM insulted the Albanians in a match which had nothing to do with Albania or Albanians.

poiuytrewq0987
01-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Firstly Ramiz Merko has nothing to do with Wahhabi Muslims LOL.

Secondly this protest is not led by Wahhabis but by random Muslim Albanians who feel offended from some of participants from that Carnival who obviously crossed the line with the intention to provoke the Albanians in the same time when handboll fans of FYROM insulted the Albanians in a match which had nothing to do with Albania or Albanians.

But Ramiz Merko, the ethnic Albanian mayor of Struga, who took part in Friday's protest, said the townspeople had every right to protest. He too called for stop to the incidents.

“I participated because the feelings of the Muslim populations were offended,” he said. “I would do the same and support the Orthodox [Christian] population if they ever felt offended over something”.

All the main political parties in Macedonia on Monday condemned the violence as did the Islamic Religious Community.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/ethnic-tensions-surge-in-macedonian-town

"Insulting masks" is grounds to destroy the town? Sounds like Albanians were just looking for an excuse to riot...

To riot over religion is very primitive. :no:

Last Friday Muslims in Struga staged protests over what they said were insulting masks worn in a nearby village festival.

On January 14, at the annual carnival in Vevcani, ethnic Macedonians wore masks supposedly representing Muslim believers, including women in burqas.

Following the peaceful protest on Friday other incidents occurred over the weekend, including the burning of a Macedonian flag, an attack on a church and the stoning of a bus.

This part makes me feel like Struga is in Iran...

Kanuni
01-31-2012, 05:59 PM
"Insulting masks" is grounds to destroy the town? Sounds like Albanians were just looking for an excuse to riot...

Not just insulting masks one of the guy supposedly had a koran in his hand a masqueraded big penis and don't know what he did with that usual stuffs.This event was linked with the insults made by handboll fans from FYROM, which were rather very primitive and provocative when the game had nothing to do with Albanians and no lately event would have trigger them to act so.

To riot over religion is very primitive. :no:

It happens for them to be just some random Muslim believers who feel insulted by that Carnival which in case they never provoke the Christian side.For your information Orthodox believers attacked and beated the students from the Faculty of Architecture in Skopje just because they peacefully protested against the building of the church in the City Center.

This part makes me feel like Struga is in Iran...

I know people from Struga they are very liberal.A big number of them live in diaspora mainly USA and are very integrable people.

Adrian
01-31-2012, 06:04 PM
That part (trouble) makes me think that FYROM has no future. If Albanians and FYROMians have strained relationships, has no reason to live together in a single state.

Beginning of negotiations with Bulgaria and Greece is inevitable.

Rron
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Also those which participate in protest are not all Albanians you know that you have also torbesh people, gorani people, turks and some bosnians , an Albanian would replace your flag with Albanian flag, and never with arabic one.

The Struga municipality also holds a large number of Macedonian Muslims who are primarily concentrated in the large village of Labuništa. Further North in the Debar region many of the surrounding villages are inhabited by Macedonian Muslims.
The identity of torbesh people is based on religious identity and not ethnic so probably those dudes were torbesh people

пустиняк
02-01-2012, 07:28 AM
That part (trouble) makes me think that FYROM has no future. If Albanians and FYROMians have strained relationships, has no reason to live together in a single state.

Beginning of negotiations with Bulgaria and Greece is inevitable.

I like the last part :thumbs up

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 08:01 AM
I like the last part :thumbs up

Too bad we don't want to be governed by Europeans who identify with a Turkic tribe. :coffee:

пустиняк
02-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Too bad we don't want to be governed by Europeans who identify with a Turkic tribe. :coffee:

Actually your father is the only Turk :thumb001:

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Actually your father is the only Turk :thumb001:

That's nice.

пустиняк
02-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Be careful with such statement that Bulgarians were Turkic tribe. You can see how they were depicted by Byzantine chronists.

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Be careful with such statement that Bulgarians were Turkic tribe. You can see how they were depicted by Byzantine chronists.

Byzantines can lick my balls, and they can lick Turks' too since they got demolished into fading pages of history. :wave:

пустиняк
02-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Byzantines can lick my balls, and Turks' too since they got demolished into fading pages of history. :wave:

typical answer for yugocomunist citizen of FYROM

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 08:24 AM
typical answer for yugocomunist citizen of FYROM

YUGOCOMUNIST PRIDE!

:lol:

пустиняк
02-01-2012, 08:25 AM
YUGOCOMUNIST PRIDE!

:lol:

you can call it just gay pride :thumb001:

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 08:26 AM
you can call it just gay pride :thumb001:

Yes, yes and what else? Have a nice day. :)

The Lawspeaker
02-01-2012, 08:29 AM
What's the matter, Dušan ? Only a couple of days ago you wanted the Balkans to join the Ottoman Empire ?

:rolleyes2:

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 08:34 AM
What's the matter, Dušan ? Only a couple of days ago you wanted the Balkans to join the Ottoman Empire ?

:rolleyes2:

If we joined the Ottoman Empire, we would remain Macedonian but Bulgarians will continue their Bulgar pride. That's a huge difference.

The Lawspeaker
02-01-2012, 08:35 AM
If we joined the Ottoman Empire, we would remain Macedonian but Bulgarians will continue their Bulgar pride. That's a huge difference.
The difference being that the Bulgarians are Europeans. The Turks are not. So what makes you that, Mr. Quisling ?

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
The difference being that the Bulgarians are Europeans. The Turks are not. So what makes you that, Mr. Quisling ?

Except the Balkans south of Croatia are Balkano-Turkish in culture so if Turks aren't European then all of us ain't European as well.

Kanuni
02-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Except the Balkans south of Croatia are Balkano-Turkish in culture so if Turks aren't European then all of us ain't European as well.

LOL Balkans differ from Turks both by look and style.

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 08:42 AM
LOL Balkans differ from Turks both by look and style.

Believe however you want but it won't change the truth, Mr. Dardanian+Anatolian. :)

Ushtari
02-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Believe however you want but it won't change the truth, Mr. Dardanian+Anatolian. :)
We are closer to Turks than Dutch people simply because we both are primitive cultures, not because our ancestors liked Turkish 25cm...

пустиняк
02-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Which cultures are primitive ?

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 08:51 AM
We are closer to Turks than Dutch people simply because we both are primitive cultures, not because our ancestors liked Turkish 25cm...

Our culture is Balkano-Ottoman and to deny it is to deny who we are. To deny it over Turkophobia means you hate yourself and I don't think you're that kind of person who hates himself. So, we are only left with one last piece of puzzle... you want to be European! We are already European but not by their standard. We want to join their club but they say no, we have to suck their cock first to join? No thanks! It's better to realign ourselves with Turkey than beg on our knees to become part of Western European entitlement club. :coffee:

If you don't agree with me, then you are welcome to keep buying up German goods and put your country further into debt like Portugal, Italy and Greece. :lightbul:

Ushtari
02-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Our culture is Balkano-Ottoman and to deny it is to deny who we are. To deny it over Turkophobia means you hate yourself and I don't think you're that kind of person who hates himself. So, we are only left with one last piece of puzzle... you want to be European! We are already European but not by their standard. We want to join their club but they say no, we have to suck their cock first to join? No thanks! It's better to realign ourselves with Turkey than beg on our knees to become part of Western European entitlement club. :coffee:

If you don't agree with me, then you are welcome to keep buying up German goods and put your country further into debt like Portugal, Italy and Greece. :lightbul:
You make it sound like if the Turks replaced all cultures in Balkan to their own, wich isn't true. They simply influenced us in many areas, but the very core of our culture remained the same.

And lately we have been strongly influenced by the western world, so they will probably take over.

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2012, 09:10 AM
You make it sound like if the Turks replaced all cultures in Balkan to their own, wich isn't true. They simply influenced us in many areas, but the very core of our culture remained the same.

And lately we have been strongly influenced by the western world, so they will probably take over.

Obviously, that's why I said our culture is Balkano-Ottoman.

And I hope the Western world won't completely take us over. We don't need to become soulless consumers for the global corporation. :coffee: