PDA

View Full Version : 'My father was the Zodiac killer...'

Beorn
04-30-2009, 02:15 PM
'My father was the Zodiac killer... and I tagged along': Police investigate new claims in chilling San Francisco murders

A woman in California claims her father was the infamous Zodiac killer - and took her along on his killing sprees when she was just seven years old.
Deborah Perez, 47, came forward last night to tell investigators her late father was serial killer - thought to be behind at least five unsolved murders in the San Fransisco area in the late 1960s.
Nobody has ever been charged with the brutal killing spree, which was highlighted in the 2007 film 'Zodiac' starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downy Jr.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/30/article-1175415-04BC80C5000005DC-238_468x317.jpg

Perez claims her father, Guy Ward Hendrickson, committed at least two of the murders that are attributed to the shadowy figure who taunted police and newspapers with cryptic notes about the murders.
The woman claims her father took her along on his outings and that she stayed in the car while he killed.
She said he explained the sound of gunshots by telling her that someone was letting off firecrackers.
Perez also claims her father made her pen some of the notes that were sent to police and newspaper The San Francisco Chronicle.
'I was a child and just thought I was helping my dad,' Perez told a press conference of reporters and Zodiac killer experts.

Hendrickson, a carpenter with six children, died in 1983 from cancer.
Perez said: 'He told me he was sick, and all I wanted to do was help.
'He kept telling me he was sick and he killed many, many people. I had no idea.'
Teenagers David Farraday and Betty Lou Jensen were shot to death in December 1968. Darlene Ferrin, 22, was shot and killed seven months later at a golf club. Her companion, Michael Mageau, 19, survived.
And taxi driver Paul Lee Stine was shot and killed in San Francisco in 1969. The investigation into his murder is still ongoing.

Perez said yesterday that she was with her father when he killed Ferrin and then Stine in San Francisco.

'My father grabs his gun, goes to the passenger side and I hear shots, I hear moans, I hear screams,' she said.
'We leave and we're pulled over by police and my father takes the gun and puts it into a brown paper bag and sticks it into the back of my pants and says 'I need you to not move. Don't move. The police will not understand if they find this gun.' '

Perez, who said she only came to her gory conclusions two years ago, said that she could not keep her father's secrets any longer.
San Francisco homicide investigators said they would check into the information from Perez.
Several claims have been put forward about the killer in the past but none have ever been proved. Many believe the killer was Arthur Leigh Allen, a convicted child molester who died in 1992.
San Francisco Police Depatment spokesman Sgt. Lyn Tomioka said: 'We get a significant number of calls a year. We will look into whatever evidence that is presented to us.'
Perez, of Corona, California, said she had given police letters she wrote on her father's behalf about the crimes

Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1175415/My-father-Zodiac-killer--I-tagged-Police-investigate-new-claims-chilling-U-S-murders.html)