PDA

View Full Version : Eysenck personality test

Tabiti
04-30-2009, 02:29 PM
This test reflects the ideas of Hans Eysenck a pioneer in the field of personality research. Through research and statistical analysis he determined that personality is composed of three main elements: Extroversion, Neuroticism, and Psychoticism. Most current researchers agree on the significance of the first two traits, but there is less consensus on the third (so he may be wrong about it's central importance but it clearly plays some role in personality). Most people will score lower on Psychoticism. While Psychoticism implies more negative qualities than the other two traits (typically), a link has been found is several studies between higher creativity and higher scores on Psychoticism.

My results:
<div align="center"> <table style="color: black; background: #dddddd" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="270"> <tr> <td style="color: black; background: #eeeeee"> <div align="center"> Eysenck's Test Results</div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Extraversion</b> (27%) low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.<br> <b>Neuroticism</b> (70%) high which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.<br> <b>Psychoticism</b> (70%) high which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.<br> </td> </tr> </table> <a href="http://similarminds.com/eysenck.html">Take Eysenck Personality Test (similar to EPQ-R)</a><br><font size="1"><a href="http://similarminds.com">personality tests by similarminds.com</a></font></div>

Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Neuroticism results were high which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Psychoticism results were high which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.
Prior to Eysenck's discovery of Psychoticism, he correlated his original two traits (introversion and neuroticism) with an ancient greek personality system known as the Galen types (Melancholic, Choleric, Sanguine, Phlegmatic). Below is a plotting of your introversion and extraversion scores on that map.

Beorn
04-30-2009, 02:48 PM
<table bgcolor="#dddddd" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td>Extroversion (sociability)</td> <td width="50">||||||||||||</td> <td width="30">45%</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Neuroticism (emotionality)</td> <td width="50">||||||||||||||||||</td> <td width="30">77%</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Psychoticism (rebelliousness)</td> <td width="50">||||||||||||</td> <td width="30">48%</td></tr></tbody></table>
Extroversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.

Neuroticism results were high which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Psychoticism results were medium medium which suggests you are moderately self interested, willful, and difficult, while still respecting the well being of others.

Äike
04-30-2009, 02:53 PM
<div align="center"> <table style="color: black; background: #dddddd" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="270"> <tr> <td style="color: black; background: #eeeeee"> <div align="center"> Eysenck's Test Results</div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Extraversion</b> (33%) moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.<br> <b>Neuroticism</b> (41%) moderately low which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.<br> <b>Psychoticism</b> (35%) moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).<br> </td> </tr> </table> <a href="http://similarminds.com/eysenck.html">Take Eysenck Personality Test (similar to EPQ-R)</a><br><font size="1"><a href="http://similarminds.com">personality tests by similarminds.com</a></font></div>

Barreldriver
04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||| 47%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||| 41%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||||||| 61%

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.

Neuroticism results were moderately low which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Psychoticism results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others
Prior to Eysenck's discovery of Psychoticism, he correlated his original two traits (introversion and neuroticism) with an ancient greek personality system known as the Galen types (Melancholic, Choleric, Sanguine, Phlegmatic). Below is a plotting of your introversion and extraversion scores on that map.

Allenson
04-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||||| 64%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||| 31%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 43%

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Neuroticism results were moderately low which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Psychoticism results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Only 31% neurotic. I'm making progress! ;)

Lulletje Rozewater
04-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||||||||| 81%
Neuroticism (emotionality) || 9%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||||||| 65%
Accuracy:

Extroversion results were high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Neuroticism results were very low which suggests you are extremely relaxed, calm, secure, relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Psychoticism results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others

What can I say with so many horses in my Avatar---clickidy clack clickidy clack

Lulletje Rozewater
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Wat Tyler;41848
You could have fooled me :D

Sally
04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||| 27%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||||||||| 88%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||| 28%

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Neuroticism results were very high which suggests you are extremely worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious. (I'm the most neurotic, yay!;))

Psychoticism results were low which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Tabiti
04-30-2009, 05:38 PM
For now I appear to be the most psychically unstable person on Apricity :D

Barreldriver
04-30-2009, 05:46 PM
For now I appear to be the most psychically unstable person on Apricity :D

I wouldn't know about myself, don't really know where my results stand on "stable or unstable".

Psychonaut
04-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||| 40%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||| 36%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||| 38%

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Psychoticism results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Wow! That's actually quite accurate.

Electronic God-Man
04-30-2009, 06:22 PM
<div align="center"> <table style="color: black; background: #dddddd" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="270"> <tr> <td style="color: black; background: #eeeeee"> <div align="center"> Eysenck's Test Results</div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Extraversion</b> (32%) moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.<br> <b>Neuroticism</b> (65%) moderately high which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.<br> <b>Psychoticism</b> (61%) moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others<br> </td> </tr> </table> <a href="http://similarminds.com/eysenck.html">Take Eysenck Personality Test (similar to EPQ-R)</a><br><font size="1"><a href="http://similarminds.com">personality tests by similarminds.com</a></font></div>

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Neuroticism results were moderately high which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Rainraven
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
<div align="center"> <table style="color: black; background: #dddddd" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="270"> <tr> <td style="color: black; background: #eeeeee"> <div align="center"> Eysenck's Test Results</div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Extraversion</b> (69%) moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.<br> <b>Neuroticism</b> (41%) moderately low which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.<br> <b>Psychoticism</b> (25%) low which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex).<br> </td> </tr> </table> <a href="http://similarminds.com/eysenck.html">Take Eysenck Personality Test (similar to EPQ-R)</a><br><font size="1"><a href="http://similarminds.com">personality tests by similarminds.com</a></font></div>

Gee doesn't sound too good... :p

Frigga
04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
<div align="center"> <table style="color: black; background: #dddddd" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="270"> <tr> <td style="color: black; background: #eeeeee"> <div align="center"> Eysenck's Test Results</div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Extraversion</b> (55%) medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.<br> <b>Neuroticism</b> (54%) medium which suggests you are moderately worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.<br> <b>Psychoticism</b> (43%) moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).<br> </td> </tr> </table> <a href="http://similarminds.com/eysenck.html">Take Eysenck Personality Test (similar to EPQ-R)</a><br><font size="1"><a href="http://similarminds.com">personality tests by similarminds.com</a></font></div>

This is actually quite an accurate account of my personality. Pretty funny.

Skandi
04-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||||||| 71%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||| 14%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 45%

I'm not sure if I'm that extroverted, but I probably come across that way, all in all pretty accurate for me.

Baron Samedi
04-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||| 47%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||||||| 68%

Treffie
05-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||| 50%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||| 49%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||||| 56%

Whatever!! :)

Vargtand
05-01-2009, 09:29 AM
<div align="center"> <table style="color: black; background: #dddddd" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="270"> <tr> <td style="color: black; background: #eeeeee"> <div align="center"> Eysenck's Test Results</div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Extraversion</b> (69%) moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.<br> <b>Neuroticism</b> (42%) moderately low which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.<br> <b>Psychoticism</b> (45%) medium medium which suggests you are moderately self interested, willful, and difficult, while still respecting the well being of others.<br> </td> </tr> </table> <a href="http://similarminds.com/eysenck.html">Take Eysenck Personality Test (similar to EPQ-R)</a><br><font size="1"><a href="http://similarminds.com">personality tests by similarminds.com</a></font></div>

It's pretty accurate I think though I don't think I am that outgoing :P

I have been known to blabber on at time though :P

Solwyn
05-07-2009, 03:16 PM
<div align="center"> <table style="color: black; background: #dddddd" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="270"> <tr> <td style="color: black; background: #eeeeee"> <div align="center"> Eysenck's Test Results</div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Extraversion</b> (69%) moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.<br> <b>Neuroticism</b> (19%) low which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.<br> <b>Psychoticism</b> (45%) medium medium which suggests you are moderately self interested, willful, and difficult, while still respecting the well being of others.<br> </td> </tr> </table> <a href="http://similarminds.com/eysenck.html">Take Eysenck Personality Test (similar to EPQ-R)</a><br><font size="1"><a href="http://similarminds.com">personality tests by similarminds.com</a></font></div>
<BR>
Pushy, chatty bitch. Noooo....not me:D

Ulf
05-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||| 25%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||| 44%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||||| 60%

They done got me.

anonymaus
05-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||| 55%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||| 29%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||||||||| 71%

Neuroticism results were low which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Psychoticism results were high which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.

Well this should come as no surprise to anyone who even slightly knows me :coffee:

Dombra
02-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||| 43%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||| 59%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 48%

Neuroticism results were moderately high which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Psychoticism results were medium medium which suggests you are moderately self interested, willful, and difficult, while still respecting the well being of others.