PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel angry...

Trun
02-01-2012, 07:58 PM
...when everyone says: "Russian alphabet, Russians the most important Slavs,", when they ask us in the foreign countries: "Guys why do you speak Russian, don't you have your own language?" Or when everyone asks us are we still in the USSR or Yugoslavia? Why do Westerners think we are culturally inferior to Russians, Poles and Serbs and they associate us with them, while actually they should associate with us? After all we are the oldest Slavs, our country is the first Slavic country, we invented the alphabet and we together with the Byzantines baptized the Russians and Serbs.

I think it's better our history to be spread more widely to foreigners because now they only think "Bulgarians have Turko-Russian culture". After all we are the successors of the Thracian culture (one of the oldest in the world), the ancient Bulgarian culture (also one of the oldest in the world - successive of Bactrian culture) and they together with the Byzantine culture gave birth to the Slavic culture which foreigners think is Russian/Polish/Serbian.

Aces High
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=feuerfrei;687298 Why do Westerners think we are culturally inferior to Russians, [/QUOTE]

Name me a famous Bulgarian.

Theres your answer.

Trun
02-01-2012, 08:05 PM
We don't need to be famous man. We are a small country now but have a great past. And I'm talking about history here.

Mordid
02-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Bulgaria is famous for their hot chicks.

Thread closed.

hajduk
02-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Ban this gypsy. Only causing troubles

Flintlocke
02-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Well do ya, punk?!

Mordid
02-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Well do ya, punk?!
http://www.sportsfunny.com/funny-pictures/funny-olympics/funny-greco-roman-01.jpg

Aces High
02-01-2012, 08:13 PM
We don't need to be famous man.

Your achievments pale in comparison to Russia.....on every level.

Dont even waste time.

Trun
02-01-2012, 08:18 PM
If it wasn't for the Ottoman Empire, Bulgaria would have been the Russia of today.
But this is another topic. This one is for the historic significance of Bulgaria and its contribution.

morski
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Na, I don't feel angry. Anyone with basic knowledge of the history of the region is well aware of the significance of our country. Ignorants are just ignorants no matter where they live.