PDA

View Full Version : Women often preferred Nazi invaders to their countrymen

Tabiti
05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Despite the vast profits involved, Buisson suggests that it was not just the financial incentive that made the French women welcome the Germans with such warmth.

They were genuinely impressed by the charm and gentlemanly behaviour of many of the Teutonic officers.

Buisson says: 'Everything indicates that the new clients who arrived in the summer of 1940 were given a favourable form of treatment that the seductive power of the Reichsmark alone could not entirely account for.'

In short, the women often preferred the German invaders to their own countrymen.

Although they were predominantly concerned with sex, the brothels always maintained a relaxed atmosphere in so-called 'club rooms'.

'They were a substitute for the warmth of a distant hearth,' says Buisson. 'They were convivial places where you would go for a drink, to listen to music, to dance with the women without necessarily going upstairs with one at the end of the evening.'

It was Fabienne Jamet, a well known Paris madam of the era who ran the One Two Two, who had insisted that senior officers brought luxury gifts such as champagne and fresh flowers for her girls.

She had nothing but good memories of the gallant and handsome soldiers, especially members of elite Nazi units such as the SS.

Sexual activity would often reach a frenzy before the start of a military offensive, as happened in the summer of 1941 before the invasion of Russia, when troops enjoying a comfortable life in Paris knew that their next stop would be the Eastern Front.

Recalling some of her favourite clients, Madame Jamet said: 'I remember these SS, all in black, so young, so beautiful, often of extraordinary intelligence, who spoke perfect French and English.'

As they prepared to board lorries heading out of Paris, Madame Jamet said she shouted at them: 'You're mad, you're going to kill yourself. All you have to do is send your Hitler to take your place on the front line.'

Notwithstanding such dramatic brushes with the reality of military conflict, hedonistic nights were all that concerned most visitors.

'I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I've never had so much fun in my life,' said Madame Jamet. 'Those nights of the Occupation were fantastic. The brothels of France were never better looked after than when the Germans were here.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1175836/Sleeping-enemy-How-horizontal-collaborators-Paris-brothels-enjoyed-golden-age-entertaining-Hitlers-troops.html
whole article here:

Inese
05-01-2009, 07:24 PM
" Women often preferred Nazi invaders to their countrymen"

It is true for my family ---- one of my two grandmothers prefered my later grandfather, a German soldier who came to Latvia in WW2 to her countrymen!! :) It is nothing bad!! You know the German soldiers were not seen as invaders but helpers against the common enemy.

I see no shame if woman like the men from the one of the best countries of the world , Germany.

Tabiti
05-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Yes, but the whole article is about prostitutes, not ordinary women. In fact prostitutes would prefer every client with money...
Little is said about the existance of romantic relationships. Seems love stories of that kind are tabboo.

Inese
05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I read it but i refered to the title!! :) My grandmother was no prostitute.

Vargtand
05-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Must be tied to evolution I think.

After all, your own men were not strong enough to beat down the competition so why not go for the physically stronger and superior man. Namely the invader who sort of becomes and ambassador for the might of the invading country in the eyes of the women.. Or so I speculate at least.

I mean just look where my ancestors went.. not that the women had much say in the matter per say so I guess we’ll never know, but until proven otherwise I will stick to the idea that my forefathers had devilish charm :P

Tabiti
05-01-2009, 07:40 PM
In fact one of my relatives was called "German whore". I'm almost sure she wasn't prostitute, being from a strict patriarchal farmer family. I think there are two reasons of calling her like that:
1) She was quite beautiful, so the other girls were just envious.
2) She had some relationship with German (they were our allies back then and behaved quite well and friendly with the local population).
This lady is still alive, but we have no real connection, so I would never understand the real reason for all that hatred towards her.

EWtt
05-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Madame Jamet said: 'I remember these SS, all in black, so young, so beautiful, often of extraordinary intelligence, who spoke perfect French and English.'

It must have been the excellent uniforms. :p

Tabiti
05-01-2009, 08:21 PM
It must have been the excellent uniforms. :p
Actually, only the parade and tank brigade SS uniforms were black as far as I remember. Most were just gray...

Atlas
05-01-2009, 11:42 PM
IIRC 200.000 French kids were born to a German father during WWII.

Most women dating German soldiers were severelly treated after the end of the war.

There are a lot of case of German and American rapes everywhere in Europe too.