PDA

View Full Version : Anglo-Saxons: the most successful and productive race in history

Pages : [1] 2

Wulfhere
02-04-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't think any honest person would dispute that this is the case. The question is, why?

johngaunt
02-04-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't think any honest person would dispute that this is the case. The question is, why?

I think the Spanish have been equally successful in this sense in S.America, not in the Fawklands though. Ahem Malvinas I mean :P

Certainly, to use the Churchillian term, the English speaking peoples have been remarkably successful.

Joe McCarthy
02-04-2012, 11:33 PM
The merchant spirit, the Puritan work ethic, the island's insularity, and America's resources. For whatever reason England was also willing to engage in the kind of serious settlement activity others weren't. For all of the criticism of Anglo-Saxons as moneycentric, we invested in things for the long haul, rather than take shortcuts or look for the quick buck.

Siegfried

Why would you say they have been the most successful? Hadn't you started a war against Germany, we wouldn't be in the situation we are today. I hardly see how you have been successful; you simply killed yourselves.

Wulfhere
I think the Spanish have been equally successful in this sense in S.America, not in the Fawklands though. Ahem Malvinas I mean :P

Certainly, to use the Churchillian term, the English speaking peoples have been remarkably successful.

What have the Spanish and their descendants ever contributed to civilisation?

Joe McCarthy
02-04-2012, 11:34 PM

You've got to be kidding. Latin America should be declared a disaster area.

European Loyalist
02-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Two major factors, geographic/environmental determinism and reformed Christianity.

johngaunt
02-04-2012, 11:37 PM
You've got to be kidding. Latin America should be declared a disaster area.

Yes, it was rather tongue in cheek, but still, perhaps they have in some sense been successful in spreading language etc.

European Loyalist
02-04-2012, 11:39 PM
The merchant spirit, the Puritan work ethic, the island's insularity, and America's resources. For whatever reason England was also willing to engage in the kind of serious settlement activity others weren't. For all of the criticism of Anglo-Saxons as moneycentric, we invested in things for the long haul, rather than take shortcuts or look for the quick buck.

"America's resources"?

Wulfhere
02-04-2012, 11:41 PM
How come we were better than any other European (or indeed any) race, though? What experiences in history contributed to breeding such a strain?

Joe McCarthy
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM
"America's resources"?

Speaks for itself.

European Loyalist
02-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Speaks for itself.

If you had said colonial resources I would agree. American resources by itself? not so much.

Vasconcelos
02-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Sure, it's all about genes and nothing else.

Joe McCarthy
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
If you had said colonial resources I would agree. American resources by itself? not so much.

So you don't see America as resource rich?

Padre Organtino
02-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Thalassocracy with good genes and good luck.

European Loyalist
02-04-2012, 11:53 PM
So you don't see America as resource rich?

Lets just say that losing America didn't slow down British ascendancy to dominance.

gold_fenix
02-04-2012, 11:58 PM
if you refer to English, i am agree, it must be all that mix of different european ethnicities, cultures, etc of Europe, UK problably is the most transcendent country in the history of humanity

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 12:00 AM
if you refer to English, i am agree, it must be all that mix of different european ethnicities, cultures, etc of Europe, UK problably is the most transcendent country in the history of humanity

"transcendent"?

gold_fenix
02-05-2012, 12:04 AM
"transcendent"?

i refer that is the most important country in the history of humanity

Logan
02-05-2012, 12:05 AM
"transcendent"?

So what's the problem with the adjective?

1.Beyond or above the range of normal or merely physical human experience: "a transcendent level of knowledge".
2.Surpassing the ordinary; exceptional.

Logan
02-05-2012, 12:07 AM
i refer that is the most important country in the history of humanity

One of the most anyway. ;)

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 12:07 AM
So what's the problem with the adjective?

I suppose that even I had never considered the Anglo-Saxons to be superhuman. Merely the best humans.

Joe McCarthy
02-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Lets just say that losing America didn't slow down British ascendancy to dominance.

It certainly kept them from dominating far more, and set the stage for British power to eventually be elipsed. As Edward Creasy put it in 1851:

An Englishman may look, and ought to look, on the growing grandeur of the Americans with no small degree of generous sympathy and satisfaction. They, like ourselves, are members of the great Anglo-Saxon nation, " whose race and language are now overrunning the world from one end of it to the other."(v) And whatever differences of form of government may exist between us and them-whatever reminiscences of the days when, though brethren, we strove together, may rankle in the minds of us, the defeated party, we should cherish the bonds of common nationality that still exist between us. We should remember, as the Athenians remembered of the Spartans at a season of jealousy and temptation, that our race is one, being of the same blood, speaking the same language, having an essential resemblance in our institutions and usages, and worshipping in the temples of the same God.(vi) All this may and should be borne in mind. And yet an Englishman can hardly watch the progress of America without the regretful thought that America once was English, and that, but for the folly of our rulers, she might be English still. It is true that the commerce between the two countries has largely and beneficially increased, but this is no proof that the increase would not have been still greater had the states remained integral portions of the same great empire. By giving a fair and just participation in political rights, these, " the fairest possessions " of the British crown, might have been preserved to it. " This ancient and most noble monarchy "(vii) would not have been dismembered; nor should we see that which ought to be the right arm of our strength, now menacing us in every political crisis as the most formidable rival of our commercial and maritime ascendency.

The war which rent away the North American colonies from England is, of all subjects in history, the most painful for an Englishman to dwell on. It was commenced and carried on by the British ministry in iniquity and folly, and it was concluded in disaster and shame. But the contemplation of it cannot be evaded by the historian, however much it may be abhorred. Nor can any military event be said to have exercised more important influence on the future fortunes of mankind than the complete defeat of Burgoyne's expedition in 1777 ; a defeat which rescued the revolted colonists from certain subjection, and which, by inducing the courts of France and Spain to attack England in their behalf, insured the independence of the United States and the formation of that trans-Atlantic power which not only America, but both Europe and Asia, now see and feel.

European Loyalist
02-05-2012, 12:14 AM
It certainly kept them from dominating far more, and set the stage for British power to eventually be elipsed. As Edward Creasy put it in 1851:

Obviously they would have been more powerful had they kept america, but once again they still industrialized first and rose to utter global dominance in the British Century. Meaning America's resources were not a make or break factor in Britain's success.

Damiăo de Góis
02-05-2012, 12:17 AM

Why?

Joe McCarthy
02-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Obviously they would have been more powerful had they kept america, but once again they still industrialized first and rose to utter global dominance in the British Century. Meaning America's resources were not a make or break factor in Britain's success.

We appear to be talking past each other. America itself is an Anglo-Saxon achievement.

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 12:18 AM

As Lord Rosebery said in around 1900, the capital of the empire may well have been moved to New York. I'm not sure this would have been good for England, in the long run.

Logan
02-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Why?

Perhaps much to do with the amalgamation of its peoples.

Britain has been shaped by turmoil between its nations, and tension between state and church. But centuries of conflict would forge the power at the heart of the largest empire the world has ever seen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/

Innar
02-05-2012, 12:40 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2t27r4bGG1qa7yfto1_500.jpg

Joe McCarthy
02-05-2012, 12:43 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2t27r4bGG1qa7yfto1_500.jpg

Brazil's contribution to civilization in a nutshell:

http://brazilinhotpants.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/110207-musa-meiri-lannes-da-mocidade-540x312-100dpi.jpg?w=540&h=312

Damiăo de Góis
02-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Perhaps much to do with the amalgamation of its peoples.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/

I'm sure there are plenty of valid arguments. But i was interested in his point of view as a spaniard and why he thought that.

Thunor
02-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Anglo-Saxons are without doubt the most successful "tribe" in human history, if you look at it objectively. Spread their race and culture across the whole planet, setting up entire new countries, and carrying on the Western ideals wherever they settled. The Anglo-Saxons are surely the successor of the Greco-Roman cultures as the main carriers of Western civilization.

I'm of German descent, and will always hold Germany closest to my heart out of all European cultures (related to the English though it may be), but I'm nevertheless proud that my ancestors became part of the Anglo-American culture and contributed to it. :)

Brazil's contribution to civilization in a nutshell:
Brazil has made any contributions at all, beyond gay carnivals and AIDS? That's a surprise.

Raikaswinţs
02-05-2012, 12:54 AM

:D this is about the cheapest formal fallacy used here so far today. and today's been plentiful :D

Siegfried
02-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Anglo-Saxons are without doubt the most successful "tribe" in human history, if you look at it objectively. Spread their race and culture across the whole planet, setting up entire new countries, and carrying on the Western ideals wherever they settled. The Anglo-Saxons are surely the successor of the Greeks and Romans as the carriers of Western civilization.

Descendants of Greeks and Romans as the carriers of Western civilization? Oh... you mean those people who ruthlessly threw people into colloseums so they could be devoured by animals (or killed by others) in the most terrible of fashions to the entertainment of the crowd. If that is Western Civilization, I want nothing to do with it. The Anglo-Saxons are descendants of the Anglo-Saxons and nothing else. Any Anglo-Saxon who sees himself as anything else, especially a Roman, isn't deemed worthy of the name.

Thunor
02-05-2012, 01:05 AM
The Anglo-Saxons are descendants of the Anglo-Saxons and nothing else. Any Anglo-Saxon who sees himself as anything else, especially a Roman, isn't deemed worthy of the name.
I meant it in the metaphorical sense, that the Anglo-Saxons became the center of the Western civilization, just as the Roman Republic was in its time. Not that they're literally descended from Romans. What we call "the Western world" nowadays was created by mostly Anglo-Saxons, who ended up with the best of two worlds - the republican tradition from Greece and Rome, and their own ancient Teutonic morality. (I have a wider definition of "Anglo-Saxon culture", since I also include other whites who were assimilated into it, such as the Germans who settled the Midwestern states in the US and the Irish who settled Australia.)

As for the childish comment about the Colosseum, I really don't care how many Jews they fed to lions. Different era, different morality.

Siegfried
02-05-2012, 01:10 AM
As for the childish comment about the Colosseum, I really don't care how many Jews they fed to lions. Different era, different morality.

But it wasn't just Jews. You had just about anybody who came under Roman dominion, from Britons, to Germans, to Arabs and Jews. The world doesn't work by "Different era, different morality". If feeding our children to dogs and eating one another becomes "moral" one day, then there is really no point as to letting "morality" guide us. But if you guys want to think like that, be my guests.

Óttar
02-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Last time I checked, they got pwned by the Normans.

Joe McCarthy
02-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Last time I checked, they got pwned by the Normans.

Who in turn were themselves assimilated into the Anglo-Saxon bioculture.

Peyrol
02-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Anglo-Saxons are without doubt the most successful "tribe" in human history, if you look at it objectively. Spread their race and culture across the whole planet, setting up entire new countries, and carrying on the Western ideals wherever they settled. The Anglo-Saxons are surely the successor of the Greco-Roman cultures as the main carriers of Western civilization.

I'm of German descent, and will always hold Germany closest to my heart out of all European cultures (related to the English though it may be), but I'm nevertheless proud that my ancestors became part of the Anglo-American culture and contributed to it. :)

Brazil has made any contributions at all, beyond gay carnivals and AIDS? That's a surprise.

Exactly, this is THE point.

English mixed the latin culture/way of thinking with their germanic roots, with a bit of celtic.
This is visible in the language (speaking as italian, english is the most latinized of the germanic languages), architecture (victorian architecture have a lot in common with the Rome from 30 B.C. to 200 A.D), army structure, political system, laws, etc...

Britain, more than France, is probabily the best syncretism between greco-latin and germanic cultures. They kept the best of all these peoples...this is the key of the albione success.

somerled
02-05-2012, 01:38 AM
I think it’s because the Anglo-Saxons were the geographically best placed of the Germanic peoples.
A relatively large and fertile island which could sustain a sizable population and develop a relatively high degree of political and cultural homogeneity were certainly advantages.
Being an island the borders were easier to defend and the sea was an early natural highway that lent itself later to overseas expansion and the domination of international trade.
The Germanic peoples of the continent were a hotchpotch of competing States who either never consolidated into bigger competitive entities (Netherlands, Belgian, Flanders) or consolidated to late (Germany) and lacked the seaports to become as seafaring orientated as the Anglo-Saxons.
Scandinavia lacked the flat fertile land and the mildness of climate to sustain a bigger population that was required to become genuinely competitive.

After reading the above post I think Tribuno makes a very good point too

Thunor
02-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Britain, more than France, is probabily the best syncretism between greco-latin and germanic cultures. They kept the best of all these peoples...this is the key of the albione success.
100% true.

The British Empire, and also the US in its better days, saw itself as the spiritual successor of the Greco-Roman culture. (The Normans being their first contact with the latter.) Meanwhile, they kept much of their Teutonic heritage and basically got the best of two worlds. The Anglo-Saxons were also in a perfect geographical position, which made it easier for them to expand outwards and spread their culture across the planet, making the continents of North America and Oceania into extensions of Europe.

Comparing this with Brazil is just an insult.

Osweo
02-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Interesting analysis. :thumb001:

What would you say is the reason the French failed to best syncretise this?

AussieScott
02-05-2012, 04:23 AM
I meant it in the metaphorical sense, that the Anglo-Saxons became the center of the Western civilization, just as the Roman Republic was in its time. Not that they're literally descended from Romans. What we call "the Western world" nowadays was created by mostly Anglo-Saxons, who ended up with the best of two worlds - the republican tradition from Greece and Rome, and their own ancient Teutonic morality. (I have a wider definition of "Anglo-Saxon culture", since I also include other whites who were assimilated into it, such as the Germans who settled the Midwestern states in the US and the Irish who settled Australia.)

I think it's the other way round, more the anglosaxons assimilated to the Normans ruling them. ;)

AussieScott
02-05-2012, 04:25 AM
100% true.

The British Empire, and also the US in its better days, saw itself as the spiritual successor of the Greco-Roman culture. (The Normans being their first contact with the latter.) Meanwhile, they kept much of their Teutonic heritage and basically got the best of two worlds. The Anglo-Saxons were also in a perfect geographical position, which made it easier for them to expand outwards and spread their culture across the planet, making the continents of North America and Oceania into extensions of Europe.

Comparing this with Brazil is just an insult.

Teutonic or The knights Templar? :D

Joe McCarthy
02-05-2012, 04:41 AM
I think it's the other way round, more the anglosaxons assimilated to the Normans ruling them. ;)

There weren't enough Normans to impose their culture, such as it was. The bulk of the population had little contact with them. There was a certain blending, of course, but Norman knights and lords married local women to acquire claims to land they didn't necessarily gain by conquest and by the mid-12th century they were pretty fully assimilated. If anything the arrival of the Angevins may have had more effect than the Normans, and even so the English still see themselves as Anglo-Saxons.

I suppose in a manner of speaking it finds its historical analogy in Alexander the Great's conquest of Persia. He simply didn't have the manpower to fundamentally change the dominant, existing culture, so had to assimilate into it.

AussieScott
02-05-2012, 05:23 AM
There weren't enough Normans to impose their culture, such as it was. The bulk of the population had little contact with them. There was a certain blending, of course, but Norman knights and lords married local women to acquire claims to land they didn't necessarily gain by conquest and by the mid-12th century they were pretty fully assimilated. If anything the arrival of the Angevins may have had more effect than the Normans, and even so the English still see themselves as Anglo-Saxons.

I suppose in a manner of speaking it finds its historical analogy in Alexander the Great's conquest of Persia. He simply didn't have the manpower to fundamentally change the dominant, existing culture, so had to assimilate into it.

True the Normans assimilated to the culture via intermarriage, they still imposed there military and law structures. Might is right.

Balmung
02-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Why so much focus on history and less on the future? Where is England now? Behind many European & even Asian nations in terms of productivity & America's sidekick. The real question should be what happened ? :P

If i must say one thing though. Thank jeebus for Latin Europe's contribution to cuisine because god forbid if we were stuck in a western world with solely English food.

Joe McCarthy
02-05-2012, 06:01 AM
The real question should be what happened ? :P

The Axis happened. That's what.

But we continue to live in Britain's shadow. Its legacy will live on forever.

Defiance
02-05-2012, 06:22 AM
How come we were better than any other European (or indeed any) race, though? What experiences in history contributed to breeding such a strain?
Hey, I'd watch it if I were you.
"Better" is indeed a rather subjective concept; furthermore, the English aren't even a "race" to begin with.:icon_neutral:

antonio
02-05-2012, 07:39 AM

France is a more closed-in (related to itself or even to Europe) country (maybe due to a better climate and geographical situation) than England. France was for many centuries more involved in its own stories (agriculture, arts...) than in world commerce & dommination: issues that, at the end, turned to be the most important of all.

Another point is that Europe domination is an impossible task for a single country, so France wasted many resources in a dream whilst England were more centered in subjugating easy-to-conquer vaste Third World lands full of resources.

And of course naval dominance is consequence not cause of that different centuries-spawned strategical approach.

Peyrol
02-05-2012, 11:33 AM

Frankish people, with their neighbors longobards, were the first tribest that become totally latinized, they almost completely forgotten their germanic roots (except, of course, for the feudal system adopted by franks... but that is nothing more than the union of the Roman tradition to divide the land into arable plots and assign it for rent to farmers, united to the pyramidal structure of the germanic nomadic societies)....longobard language was totally disappeared until 600 a.d., transforming into the "progenitor" of the east lombard dialect (Brescian, Bergamask); same for the frankish one.

Anglosaxon, instead, kept the latin laws, but they mixed them with the germanic tradition of the faida (and this originated, for example, the tradition of the duel). Anglosaxon absorbing of the latin culture was something of "inconscious" (Hengest and Horsa, two brothers, Danish brothers from the region of Engeln/Angeln, sailed to Roman Britain in a few ships with their followers...within a few generations, these Germanic peoples were more or less beginning to overrun eastern Britain. Since they were used to wooden buildings, they poetically called the Roman ruins the buildings of the giants/eotuns) and gradual, you can see this also observing the evolution of english language (Alfred the Great, visited Rome in the 9th century as a boy on a pilgrimage and was in awe, even when it was a city of decaying ruins and fallen walls. After Englisc, the only other lingua that Alfred knew was Latin, to my knowledge. King Alfred translated a copy of Boethius's "The Consolation of Philosophy" from Latin into Old English (with his own commentary as well))...while franks and longobard kings were fanatic admirers of the roman magnificenty and they "convert" their people consciously and in a very rapid way, something quite brutal.

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 11:52 AM
The feudal system was quite alien to the English and they gradually freed themselves from it after it was imposed on them in 1066.

English law does not follow Roman law either (though it often uses Latin phrases). English law is the only law in Europe not derived from Roman law.

Arsen_
02-05-2012, 11:59 AM

There were a lot of reasons for that but major reason to my mind was Anglo-Saxons didn't have another choice. Either being successful and survive or die out. It's like you throw in icy water packs of peoples and in the end several of them could manage their way to the shore and survive. Those were Anglo-Saxons in this case.

For centuries Anglo-Saxons had to strain to the limit their brains and muscles just simply to survive and before jumped out of island they already trained and greatly developed their qualities. Surrounding water gave them great privileges, on one hand it was easier to organise defence from enemies unlike in Continent, on the other hand they could easily transported by sea large amounts of goods and row materials by water within their country.

Having not to be frozen do death they were digging for coal. Mastering processing of burning coal they were working with iron. By the way if there was no availability of iron and coal on the island Anglo-Saxons could not do any imressive things.

Treated not nicely by their rulers they had to learn to care of themselves on their own which also trained and developed their mental and physical qualities greatly.

Being moderately hard-working (or a little lazy :D) they constantly switched on their brains to make work lesser and easier which was reason of technical progress.

And a lot of other similar things and reasons and as I said in the beginning actually Anglo-Saxons didn't have another choice on those life circumstances which they meet if they wished not to die out.

Aces High
02-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Where is England now?

Adapting to the modern age dear boy...now we are expanding our empire into the minds of the world with our language and thought patterns via the internet.
If we kept on conquering lands and people we couldnt sustain it as we are quite a small number.

So the next step is to think outside the box,we invented the internet and the computer and now we are going to conquer the minds of everybody in the world in our new virtual empire.
They are all going to have to learn our language and speech patterns and sub-conciously adapt themslelves to Anglo Saxon ways or doing things.....much cheaper yet much more effective.

(I wont mention that the Bank of England owns the US)

So if you have AS lood old son stop thinking about the past....go forth and spread thy seed....and multiply......for we are the real chosen people.

;)

Aces High
02-05-2012, 12:10 PM
good genes and good luck.

You make your own luck in this world....;)

People should never forget the phrase "Perfidious Albion" when dealing with us.

Peyrol
02-05-2012, 12:13 PM
The feudal system was quite alien to the English and they gradually freed themselves from it after it was imposed on them in 1066.

English law does not follow Roman law either (though it often uses Latin phrases). English law is the only law in Europe not derived from Roman law.

Well, i talked of feudal system about franks.

Ah, not? From what kind of laws derived?

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Well, i talked of feudal system about franks.

Ah, not? From what kind of laws derived?

English common law is derived from Anglo-Saxon customary law, compiled by judges and applied across the whole country, with each court decision becoming a binding precedent. It is judge-made law, in other words, based on the decisions of juries.

Albion
02-05-2012, 12:32 PM
we invested in things for the long haul, rather than take shortcuts or look for the quick buck.

I don't know, have you seen the state of capitalism in "Anglo-Saxon" nations? We're in it for the long haul, but the same cannot be said about the bankers.

Well we're just a load of Germanic and Celtic tribes influenced by Romanics really.

Exactly, this is THE point.

English mixed the latin culture/way of thinking with their germanic roots, with a bit of celtic.
This is visible in the language (speaking as italian, english is the most latinized of the germanic languages), architecture (victorian architecture have a lot in common with the Rome from 30 B.C. to 200 A.D), army structure, political system, laws, etc...

Agreed.

Aces High
02-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Meaning America's resources were not a make or break factor in Britain's success.

Jew Mccarthy cant accept that we didnt need those religious freaks in the US to rise to world dominance.
They were still wearing muskrat hats and skinning otters when we were conquering the planet.

rhiannon
02-05-2012, 12:50 PM
You guys need to read Germanicus's new post about the myths surrounding the history of the British Isles.

Is most of the success of the Isles and its descendants attributable to the Anglo-Saxons?

I dunno.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40879

Pallantides
02-05-2012, 12:53 PM
You guys need to read Germanicus's new post about the myths surrounding the history of the British Isles.

Is most of the success of the Isles and its descendants attributable to the Anglo-Saxons?

I dunno.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40879

Oppenheimer is seriously outdated.

Aces High
02-05-2012, 12:54 PM

Yes.

and you can quote me on that.

rhiannon
02-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes.

and you can quote me on that.

Okay, how can we prove this to be true? Seriously, because I don't know.

I am very interested, for obvious reasons being that I have a vested interest in all things related to the British Isles and their historical impact on the rest of the world.

Aces High
02-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Okay, how can we prove this to be true?

Simple....take the AS pepsi challenge.

What language are you speaking...?

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Maybe a few hundred years ago, but these "Anglo-Saxons" are reversing their doings and screwing everything up.

If you go to the UK, its not the same anymore, and if you go to the USA, well, ahahahahahahaha, hahahahahaha,ahahahahaha

Anglo-Saxons are overrated though, anybody can conquer niggers that are armed with sticks and stones, plus since they are on an Island, defence is alot easier, especially from Turks and Mongols that other nations had to suffer.

Ashkenazi
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
..m,)

rhiannon
02-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I agree that Anglo-Saxons are the most successful ethnicity in human history.

Just curious, what's your opinion of me (I'm 50% Ashkenazi, 50% Anglo-Saxon although my Anglo-Saxon genes are visibly dominant)

How do you identify as? This is key.

My ex best friend is Ashkenazi as well, although she is 100% as such, I do realize that Judaism has a matrilineal inheritance pattern.

Aces High
02-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Anglo-Saxons are overrated though,
defence is alot easier

Thus by definiton making conquest that much harder too ;)

Ashkenazi
02-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Beorn
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
A Jewish Anglo-Saxon Nationalist?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJJp0jGFCRBajZMofjt8s_4Tst04mxy pIFcoKyko7PQruCZpuNl2urqFVT

Aces High
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Just curious, what's your opinion of me

Teenage troll.....probaly come under the sub category "balls not dropped yet".

Joe McCarthy
02-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Jew Mccarthy cant accept that we didnt need those religious freaks in the US to rise to world dominance.
They were still wearing muskrat hats and skinning otters when we were conquering the planet.

So cute to see the Rhodesian neo-Nazi posture as the jingoistic patriot. Does your rendition of Rule Britannia come with mustaches and armbands?

At any rate, I dare say losing those 'religious freaks' had some rather adverse long term consequences. ;)

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 01:43 PM
So cute to see the Rhodesian neo-Nazi posture as the jingoistic patriot. Does your rendition of Rule Britannia come with mustaches and armbands?

At any rate, I dare say losing those 'religious freaks' had some rather adverse long term consequences. ;)

He is a racist nationalist, just ignore him

Aces High
02-05-2012, 01:46 PM
losing those 'religious freaks' had some rather adverse long term consequences.

For you,not for us English wannabee.

Treffie
02-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Stone me if you want, I see the English as the most successful ethnicity. As far as I'm concerned, Anglo-Saxonism died when the Normans invaded Britain and is being kept alive mainly by American pseudo historians. No-one speaks Anglo-Saxon as a language these days, just English.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Aces High be honest with me, do you believe current day England is even a smidge of its former glory?

Aces High
02-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Aces High be honest with me, do you believe current day England is even a smidge of its former glory?

Were Hungarians like you speaking English a hundred years ago..?

Thats the acid test.

In a thousand years from now everyone on the planet will be using English to communicate...not a bad legacy.;)

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:05 PM

Thats the acid test.

In a thousand years from now everyone on the planet will be using English to communicate...not a bad legacy.;)

Not really, the English society is on the verge of collapsing.
Whats really funny is how current day English people gloat about how they won WW2 on their own and how they defended England from 1000 000 000 000 German planesand BS like that,

You would be suprised how easy it is to learn English.

You are not "Ubermench", if you had not been an Island you would have been finished off ages ago.

Nox123
02-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I have been lurking here for a while, but I had to sign up when I saw this thread.

I agree 100%, and it's a shame that Marxist "nationalist" groups like the SNP and Plaidd Cymru are trying to tear apart the greatest country the world has ever seen.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:10 PM
I have been lurking here for a while, but I had to sign up when I saw this thread.

I agree 100%, and it's a shame that Marxist "nationalist" groups like the SNP and Plaidd Cymru are trying to tear apart the greatest country the world has ever seen.

The best country award goes to Germany.

Guapo
02-05-2012, 02:15 PM

Wrong wog,FranceAlgeria

Beorn
02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Can people who want to diss the Anglo-Saxons please do so in their own languages.

kthxbai.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Can people who want to diss the Anglo-Saxons please do so in their own languages.

kthxbai.

Akkor jó, különben is, az elég nyilvánvaló, Németország a legjobb nemzetet. Végtére is, nem Németország nem tud angolul, Angliában egy kis ország, amely után bottal kergette négerek és indiánok, és most a lassan fordult egy szarfészekben nemzet.

Aces High
02-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Akkor jó, különben is, az elég nyilvánvaló, Németország a legjobb nemzetet. Végtére is, nem Németország nem tud angolul, Angliában egy kis ország, amely után bottal kergette négerek és indiánok, és most a lassan fordult egy szarfészekben nemzet.

Translate as.

Pissing in the wind.

Guapo
02-05-2012, 02:20 PM

you speak Borat.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:21 PM
you speak Borat.

I always thought Borat was a Serb?

Nox123
02-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Well, Germany is a very close second.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Translate as.

Pissing in the wind.

Russians, Serbs, Hungarians, etc etc fought battles that would make most English piss in their pants. We protected Europe from Turks and Mongols, while the English were busy chasing after Stickniggers and Indians.

Beorn
02-05-2012, 02:24 PM
http://pawsru.org/m/src/m54461_We-get-it-Youre-butt-hurt.jpg

Chuchichäschtli
02-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Anyone else have a great great great uncle in law In the Lincolnshire Regiment in WWI?

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Anyone else have a great great great uncle in law In the Lincolnshire Regiment in WWI?

Aces High is related to every famous Englishman/Englishwoman judging by his posts

Mordid
02-05-2012, 02:33 PM
I always thought Borat was a Serb?
Yeah he was, relative of Guapo's family.

AFC_Lad
02-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Arrogance isn't my thing, but I cant help not to agree.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Arrogance isn't my thing, but I cant help not to agree.

Arrogance is a part(and only thing that remains) of the English culture, so you are forgiven.

Nox123
02-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Arrogance is a part(and only thing that remains) of the English culture, so you are forgiven.

This is coming from the Hungarian who wants to retake ridiculous amounts of land and force out all the rightful inhabitants :rolleyes:

AFC_Lad
02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Adapting to the modern age dear boy...now we are expanding our empire into the minds of the world with our language and thought patterns via the internet.
If we kept on conquering lands and people we couldnt sustain it as we are quite a small number.

So the next step is to think outside the box,we invented the internet and the computer and now we are going to conquer the minds of everybody in the world in our new virtual empire.
They are all going to have to learn our language and speech patterns and sub-conciously adapt themslelves to Anglo Saxon ways or doing things.....much cheaper yet much more effective.

(I wont mention that the Bank of England owns the US)

So if you have AS lood old son stop thinking about the past....go forth and spread thy seed....and multiply......for we are the real chosen people.

;)

I thought Lee Evans was funny, I will gladly invest my money seeing you at the O2 LOL

Nox123
02-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I thought Lee Evans was funny

Lee Evans is NOT funny. :mad:

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:47 PM
This is coming from the Hungarian who wants to retake ridiculous amounts of land and force out all the rightful inhabitants :rolleyes:

Yeah? What's your point?

Aces High
02-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah? What's your point?

In a roundabout way he is saying either be funny/informative/entertaining in some way or fuck off.

Nox123
02-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah? What's your point?

My point is you're a hypocrite.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:51 PM
In a roudabout way he is saying either be funny/informative/entertaining in some way or fuck off.

Touched a nerve did I? :wink

Aces High
02-05-2012, 02:56 PM
No,im trying to help you.

We dont mind people having a dig at us but at least try and be entertaining in some way ffs.

Give the casual internet viewer a bit of a laugh or something....watching you having a go at us is like watching a cow trying to fire a musket.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 02:58 PM
No,im trying to help you.

We dont mind people having a dig at us but at least try and be entertaining in some way ffs.

Give the casual internet viewer a bit of a laugh or something....watching you having a go at us is like watching a cow trying to fire a musket.

Ahaha, I hope the British sense of humour never dies, thats one of the things I like :cheer_icoon::icon_yes:

Guapo
02-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah he was, relative of Guapo's family.

he look corded like you

Arrow Cross
02-05-2012, 03:01 PM
While the Iberians went on a breeding frenzy, creating a continent and a half of mongrels, the Anglo-Saxons in North America brought their own women. Certainly a long-sighted service to themselves and our race.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 03:01 PM
he look corded like you

Welcome to Serbianistan
http://i.qkme.me/35a9m9.jpg

Albion
02-05-2012, 03:06 PM

It's not bad by the standards of the rest of the world. England and France are still respectable powers in the world and appear near the top in most rankings.
Now look at the rest of Europe and tell me how many countries come close to the achievements of those two. Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia do, but the rest... then look at the other countries in the world and see how few decent countries actually exist.

Russians, Serbs, Hungarians, etc etc fought battles that would make most English piss in their pants. We protected Europe from Turks and Mongols, while the English were busy chasing after Stickniggers and Indians.

Well you picked a bad place to live. ;) We were busy shaping the world.

While the Iberians went on a breeding frenzy, creating a continent and a half of mongrels, the Anglo-Saxons in North America brought their own women. Certainly a long-sighted service to themselves and our race.

Thank god. Just imagine Latin America repeated in the north. :rolleyes2:

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 03:12 PM
It's not bad by the standards of the rest of the world. England and France are still respectable powers in the world and appear near the top in most rankings.
Now look at the rest of Europe and tell me how many countries come close to the achievements of those two. Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia do, but the rest... then look at the other countries in the world and see how few decent countries actually exist.

Who are you to judge whats a decent country and what isnt.
As far as I know, Aces High lives in Italy, if England is the chosen nation why doesn't he go there.

The whole society is corrupt and degenerate, the youth are becoming dumbed every day, etc etc. These problems plague most countries, but England and the USA suffer the most from this.

Aces High
02-05-2012, 03:16 PM
As far as I know, Aces High lives in Italy, if England is the chosen nation why doesn't he go there.

I go where im sent.

This might be a bit of an abstract concept to you so sit down........ok are you ready......i have a job.

Yes some of us work...no no dont faint....yes a job and that ivolves doing as your told.

;)

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I go where im sent.

This might be a bit of an abstract concept to you so sit down........ok are you ready......i have a job.

Yes some of us work...no no dont faint....yes a job and that ivolves doing as your told.

;)

British humour strikes again, there should really be an "Aces High" emoticon.
Anyway, your comment is better suited towards your fellow British Chavs and Yobs, Eastern Europeans are hard-working people. Our work Ethic is much better than yours-fact!

Aces High
02-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Our work Ethic is much better than yours-fact!

Yes in fact you are superior to us in every way no doubt about it.

bye.

Nox123
02-05-2012, 03:23 PM
British humour strikes again, there should really be an "Aces High" emoticon.
Anyway, your comment is better suited towards your fellow British Chavs and Yobs, Eastern Europeans are hard-working people. Our work Ethic is much better than yours-fact!

Eastern European work ethic = immigrate to the UK and work here

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Eastern European work ethic = immigrate to the UK and work here

99% of the time they are Poles, Poland does not represent Eastern Europe. Just look at Mordid, you will understand.

Its also your fault, had Britain not been so stupid and sided with Hitler, we would never had to suffer from communism, which coward Britain left us to.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Yes in fact you are superior to us in every way no doubt about it.

bye.

Finally we agree on something.

Mordid
02-05-2012, 03:28 PM
99% of the time they are Poles, Poland does not represent Eastern Europe. Just look at Mordid, you will understand.
U still mad cuz Slovakia is not Hungary? :rolleyes:

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 03:33 PM
U still mad cuz Slovakia is not Hungary? :rolleyes:

Whats Slovakia? I don't know of such country.

Ouistreham
02-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Frankish people, with their neighbors longobards, were the first tribest that become totally latinized, they almost completely forgotten their germanic roots.

Wrong.
Unlike the Wisigoths and the Lombards, the Franks kept in touch with their roots. They created France, but were at the same time the initial core of Germany.

Interesting analysis.

It's the demographics, stupid.

Industrial revolution started in France at the same time as in Britain, but developed at a much slower pace due to the fact that our ancestors had the infortunate idea to invent birth control as soon as in the early 18th century. French population remained virtually stagnant throughout the 19th century and till the post-war baby-boom, despite continuous immigration.

Meanwhile British industrialists could rely on an over-abundant workforce and on steadily increasing domestic demand. Furthermore population growth allowed to sustain a powerful emigration stream to North America, Australia etc. France simply couldn't afford to populate its immense territories of Canada and (greater) Louisiana.

On a side note: the most Germanic part of the Frankish Empire (Germany including Austria) was, much more so than France or England, a deliberate synthesis of Teutonic and Roman traditions. The Heilige Römische Reich Deutscher Nation saw itself as Rome's legitimate heir.

Compared to Britain, French as well as German history look arguably like wastes of ambitions, an enormous expense of blood and energy for poor results.

This is a fact, but we shouldn't lose sight of the whole picture: Europe's unique greatness was a consequence of competition beween conflicting cultures.

It's not just by chance that the era 1885-1914 saw unprecedented advances in science, technologies, arts, philosophy. It was the time when English, French and German cultures and languages were ascribed equal significances.

The unilingual Anglocentric world we are entering is doomed to stagnation and decay. Just like the Roman, the Chinese, and the Muslim-Ottoman empires died out for lack of internal challenge.

Mordid
02-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Whats Slovakia? I don't know of such country.
You call yourself Hungarian, huh? You do not represent Hungary at all. Poles and Hungarians are supposed to like each other.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 03:46 PM
You call yourself Hungarian, huh? You do not represent Hungary at all. Poles and Hungarians are supposed to like each other.

I know, but you don't represent Poles with your pro Slovak anti Hungarian BS.

Mordid
02-05-2012, 03:48 PM
I know, but you don't represent Poles with your pro Slovak anti Hungarian BS.
You don't represent Hungarians with your stupid anti-Slovak. Just because I said Slovakia is not Hungary doesn't make me pro-Slavic. Slovakia is Slovakia and always will be. Don't be still butthurt about it.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 03:51 PM
You don't represent Hungarians with your stupid anti-Slovak. Just because I said Slovakia is not Hungary doesn't make me pro-Slavic. Slovakia is Slovakia and always will be. Don't be still butthurt about it.

Slovakia=Felvidek=Upper Hungary= Northern Highlands of Hungary

Dont worry my Polish friend, Hungary and Poland will have a common border once again.

I am not anti Slovakia, but I am anti-Trianon. Which the Brits signed, they have a history of being sellouts (1938, 1939, French navy,etc etc)

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Anglo-Saxons call the whole world their home. We don't give a shit about pathetic little border squabbles in Eastern Europe.

gandalf
02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
"So, based on the overall genetic perspective of the British, it seems that Celts, Belgians, Angles, Jutes, Saxons, Vikings and Normans were all immigrant minorities compared with the Basque pioneers, who first ventured into the empty, chilly lands so recently vacated by the great ice sheets."

From a tread about myths about english history .

So the success of english and Britannia does not mean the success
of an hypothetical anglo-saxon race .

Mordid
02-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Slovakia=Felvidek=Upper Hungary= Northern Highlands of Hungary

Dont worry my Polish friend, Hungary and Poland will have a common border once again.
Whatever you say, I dont give a fuck.

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 03:53 PM
"So, based on the overall genetic perspective of the British, it seems that Celts, Belgians, Angles, Jutes, Saxons, Vikings and Normans were all immigrant minorities compared with the Basque pioneers, who first ventured into the empty, chilly lands so recently vacated by the great ice sheets."

The Anglo-Saxons are an ethnic group, the English nation.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Whatever you say, I dont give a fuck.

Then why bother brining this up?

Aces High
02-05-2012, 03:57 PM

Yes basically we can give thnaks to our three ft high ancestors from the Pyrenees.

Nox123
02-05-2012, 03:58 PM
The Anglo-Saxons are an ethnic group, the English nation.

Actually, Scotland is also predominantly Anglo-Saxon, and I'm pretty sure Wales is too.

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Actually, Scotland is also predominantly Anglo-Saxon, and I'm pretty sure Wales is too.

Scotland is. Not so sure about Wales.

Mordid
02-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Then why bother brining this up?
Because regrettably most Poles would agree with me that Slovakia is a country and not Hungary. Therefore, I suppose they are ''anti-Hungarian'' aswell. :rolleyes:

Korbis
02-05-2012, 04:02 PM
This is the actual reason of the anglos success (always been in good terms with kikes):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism

Nox123
02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Scotland is. Not so sure about Wales.

You're right.

That doesn't justify Wales' independence though.

Treffie
02-05-2012, 04:10 PM
You're right.

That doesn't justify Wales' independence though.

Plaid Cymru are not in favour of independence

gandalf
02-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes basically we can give thnaks to our three ft high ancestors from the Pyrenees.

Yes , an especially the so typically english man of your avatar ,

who is an iberian from the north like much british .

( Eire = ivern = ibern = ... = iberia )

Albion
02-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Who are you to judge whats a decent country and what isnt.

The whole society is corrupt and degenerate, the youth are becoming dumbed every day, etc etc. These problems plague most countries, but England and the USA suffer the most from this.

Oh please, there's a degenerate underclass in every country and its no worse here than in anywhere else. The only difference is we acknowledge it whilst the rest of Europe tries to hide it.

Its also your fault, had Britain not been so stupid and sided with Hitler, we would never had to suffer from communism, which coward Britain left us to.

Whatever, but Russia using Eastern Europe has pawns has nothing to do with us. We can't help it if you lot couldn't keep them out, we were a wreck ourselves - what the hell were we supposed to do about it?

Industrial revolution started in France at the same time as in Britain, but developed at a much slower pace due to the fact that our ancestors had the infortunate idea to invent birth control as soon as in the early 18th century. French population remained virtually stagnant throughout the 19th century and till the post-war baby-boom, despite continuous immigration.

You rediscovered it. Romans actually wiped out an entire species of plant which grew along the Mediterranean, they used it as a contraceptive but never thought to cultivate it. :rolleyes:
Besides, the English probably used other things such as Juniper berries.

Meanwhile British industrialists could rely on an over-abundant workforce and on steadily increasing domestic demand. Furthermore population growth allowed to sustain a powerful emigration stream to North America, Australia etc. France didn't afford to populate its immense territories of Canada and (greater) Louisiana.

During the Middle Ages France had always had one of the largest populations in Europe, much larger than England.
I think around 17 million people left the British Isles altogether between 1821 and 1911. 57% went to America, 20% to Canada, 13% Australia and NZ, 4% South Africa and 5% South America (the informal empire). The remainder went to other British colonies, largely as admin.
The population of England and Wales had grown by 300% from 1821 to 1911, Scotland's by 227%.

Compared to Britain, French and German history look arguably like a waste of ambitions, an enormous expense of blood and energy for poor results.

Agreed.

The unilingual English world we are entering is doomed to stagnation and decay.

It'll only ever be a second language for most people. I'am wondering if the English of England will carry on developing independently whilst international English will become more standardised.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 04:19 PM
U fuckin polish fuckin eastern european wankers

ill fuckin ship you all back to lithuania or wherever u guys are from

ill shag ur nan

Spoken like a true Englishman, and you wonder why people think you are a retarded nation.

are you feeling hungary? hahahaget some gcse's then come backi have 2 gcse's i bet you have none hahahahaha

Libertas
02-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I think the lesser known term "Anglo-Danish" or even "Anglo-Viking" would be better than "Anglo-Saxon" to describe the ethnicity in question.

Arsen_
02-05-2012, 04:34 PM
This is the actual reason of the anglos success (always been in good terms with kikes):

In Russia some people think that in the US Anglo-Saxons are so much intertwined with American Jews that practically they are indistinguishable.

Also in Russia there is some funny name for Anglo-Saxons, instead of "Англосаксы" (sounds Anglosaksi) they say "Наглосаксы" (Naglosaksi) which means Impertinent or Impudent-Saxons. :D

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 04:40 PM
In Russia some people think that in the US Anglo-Saxons are so much intertwined with American Jews that practically they are indistinguishable.

Also in Russia there is some fanny name for Anglo-Saxons, instead of "Англосаксы" (sounds Anglosaksi) they say "Наглосаксы" (Naglosaksi) which means Impertinent or Impudent-Saxons. :D

Sounds like a laugh a minute in Russia, with all that clever word-play.

Aces High
02-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Yes , an especially the so typically english man of your avatar ,

who is an iberian from the north like much british .

( Eire = ivern = ibern = ... = iberia )

He's from Swaziland....of Afrikaaner/German extraction.;)

Korbis
02-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Don´t get me wrong, all of western Europe and America are pawns of Israel, they just found the anglos to be the most efficient servants of the ZOG machine and acted consequently.

Shitty state of affairs to be on but I still say being eastern european is even worse.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Don´t get me wrong, all of western Europe and America are pawns of Israel, they just found the anglos to be the most efficient servants of the ZOG machine and acted consequently.

Shitty state of affairs to be on but I still say being eastern european is even worse.

Nationalism is very High in Eastern Europe, we are not afraid to be nationalist.

http://www.thejc.com/news/world-news/62968/hungarys-far-right-jews-not-welcome-here

The foreign affairs spokesman of Jobbik, the ultra-nationalist party poised to play a leading role in Hungarian politics, has openly questioned the Holocaust and claimed that Jews are colonising the country.

In a shocking interview with the JC, Marton Gyongyosi also said that Israel's treatment of the Palestinians amounted to a "Nazi system".
Based on this assessment, he questioned whether Jews "have the right to talk about what happened during the Second World War".

http://www.presseurop.eu/files/images/article/militants-jobbik_1.jpg?1245084586

http://www.jobbikfejer.hu/joomla/images/stories/autosmatrica.jpg

Goodbye West, you can keep kissing Jew ass, but "shitty" Eastern Europe is moving on.

02-05-2012, 05:02 PM
As Lord Rosebery said in around 1900, the capital of the empire may well have been moved to New York. I'm not sure this would have been good for England, in the long run.

Isn't this essentially what has happened anyway?

Wulfhere
02-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Isn't this essentially what has happened anyway?

No, not at all.

Innar
02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Where would we be were it not for those great anglosaxons?

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3300000/Tesla-Wireless-Lightbulb-nikola-tesla-3362112-500-643.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/TeslaWirelessLightsCS.png
http://www.masterresource.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/earth_night.jpg

http://www.tudook.com/guiadoensino/images/enrico_fermi_1943-49.jpg
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gran_sasso_neutrino_detector-580x435.jpg
http://sciencecabin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Atomic-Bomb-Blast.jpg

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/vonBraun.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Apollo11-Launch-Tower-Camera.jpg/413px-Apollo11-Launch-Tower-Camera.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/98/Aldrin_Apollo_11_original.jpg

http://freepress.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-3593-1966/6254701189_6fdb43f827_b.jpg
http://worldofweirdthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/hardware_440.jpg
http://www.oafrica.com/uploads/eick_arctran.gif

AFC_Lad
02-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Lee Evans is NOT funny. :mad:

to satisfy your displeasure, hence "i thought"

gandalf
02-05-2012, 06:53 PM
He's from Swaziland....of Afrikaaner/German extraction.;)

well maybe but he looks soo english !

Beorn
02-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Where would we be were it not for those great anglosaxons?

I couldn't help noticing you've posted pictures that largely involve that Anglo-Saxon nation called the USofA.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I couldn't help noticing you've posted pictures that largely involve that Anglo-Saxon nation called the USofA.

Yeah, but the scientists themselves were kidnapped from other countries.
Plus JewSA is not Anglo Saxon,its Spanish-Irish-Polish-Dutch-German-Metsito-nigger

Logan
02-05-2012, 07:12 PM

And the seventh was a German, Wernher von Braun. Perhaps he became an American. ;)

http://www.geschichteinchronologie.ch/atmosphaerenfahrt/11_Disney-Braun-d/1943-05-26-VIP-treffen-Peenemuende-m-Wernher-v-Braun-f-V2-55pr.png

Osweo
02-05-2012, 08:29 PM
(Alfred the Great, visited Rome in the 9th century as a boy on a pilgrimage and was in awe, even when it was a city of decaying ruins and fallen walls. After Englisc, the only other lingua that Alfred knew was Latin, to my knowledge. King Alfred translated a copy of Boethius's "The Consolation of Philosophy" from Latin into Old English (with his own commentary as well))...while franks and longobard kings were fanatic admirers of the roman magnificenty and they "convert" their people consciously and in a very rapid way, something quite brutal.
It is very interesting that English became a written language (into which Latin works were translated for real practical purposes), while most of the other Germanics who settled on Roman territory made little attempt to do the same. (Obviously Frankish survives in the east, but that was in land still connected to the homeland)

Mind you, Aelfraed was a West Saxon, and we Northerners up here in Northumbria were far less willing to mould ourselves to Roman models... ;) It's from up HERE that the technical and industrial expertise mostly came from. :p

Only words I see are 'Germany', 'Germany', 'English', 'niggers and indians',...

The Hungarian e=nationalists' fetishising of Germany is rather depressing. Surely you should think your OWN nation the best?!! Germany fucked up, and dragged you down with her. A shame that you lot couldn't have restrained Hitler from his stupid anti-Slavonic actions, but it seems you're often even more Slavonophobic than that mad bastard was himself!

Wrong.
Unlike the Wisigoths and the Lombards, the Franks kept in touch with their roots. They created France, but were at the same time the initial core of Germany.
Sure and Franken is still there to prove it, but he was obviously referring to the way in which those Franks who lived in solidly Romano-Gallic territory abandoned their traditions, keeping only the name. I suppose there was much of inevitability in this, but I can't help but remember how Louis 'the Pious' burnt all the collected Frankish lore that his Great father had collected and had written down... :cry2 A sad day for the Franks, and for all who value European creativity.

Industrial revolution started in France at the same time as in Britain, but developed at a much slower pace due to the fact that our ancestors had the infortunate idea to invent birth control as soon as in the early 18th century.
Tres interessant... What methods were they using? Was it REALLY so prevalent among the working classes?

Was it not rather the internal restrictions on the movement of goods and people in the Ancien Regime that prevented the rise of French Manchesters and Birminghams? The revolutionnaires hardly helped either, with their dogma of centralisation, surely?

Meanwhile British industrialists could rely on an over-abundant workforce and on steadily increasing domestic demand. Furthermore population growth allowed to sustain a powerful emigration stream to North America, Australia etc. France simply couldn't afford to populate its immense territories of Canada and (greater) Louisiana.
You should recall also the use that was made of the Irish here. Irish labour depressed the wages of the working class, helping manufacturers to profit more. Irish emigrants were also vital in peopling the colonies.

By the way, do you know much of your own family's reproductive rates from the 1700s to 1900? As an example, my great great great grandfather (1827 - 1870s had 8 children. 5 - 6 is probably the average for my other ancestors at that period. Did your own ancestors have much smaller families?

The Heilige Römische Reich Deutscher Nation saw itself as Rome's legitimate heir.
In name, and in some aspects of higher government, but was it really meaningfully evident in the entire Zeitgeist?

This is a fact, but we shouldn't lose sight of the whole picture: Europe's unique greatness was a consequence of competition beween conflicting cultures.

It's not just by chance that the era 1885-1914 saw unprecedented advances in science, technologies, arts, philosophy. It was the time when English, French and German cultures and languages were ascribed equal significances.
Absolutely. :thumbs up It always fascinates me how old pre-WWI writers would habitually include French and German phrases in their works, expecting their educated readers to understand.

The unilingual Anglocentric world we are entering is doomed to stagnation and decay. Just like the Roman, the Chinese, and the Muslim-Ottoman empires died out for lack of internal challenge.
I see what you're saying, and hope that the coming rise of national feeling in Europe will prevent this. There is at least still a Russia, mind! :p

I think the lesser known term "Anglo-Danish" or even "Anglo-Viking" would be better than "Anglo-Saxon" to describe the ethnicity in question.
Definitely. :thumbs up

I'm more and more persuaded of this the deeper I study into our early Mediaeval history. It's STILL evident after the Norman Conquest, in how people named their children, and in many aspects of law and administration.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-05-2012, 08:37 PM
The Hungarian e=nationalists' fetishising of Germany is rather depressing. Surely you should think your OWN nation the best?!! Germany fucked up, and dragged you down with her. A shame that you lot couldn't have restrained Hitler from his stupid anti-Slavonic actions, but it seems you're often even more Slavonophobic than that mad bastard was himself!

As much as I want to say Hungary is the best, Germany is simply stronger and bigger than us, I am not going to let my nationalism cloud reality.

However, I would rather be a Hungarian than German, I prefer Hungary even though "statistically" Germany is better, but if I had to chose to be another nation apart from Hungary, it would be Germany.

Logan
02-06-2012, 01:20 AM

Might be fair to include the others as well. It was the English or Anglo-Saxons who triumphed. ;)

Mind you, Aelfraed was a West Saxon, and we Northerners up here in Northumbria were far less willing to mould ourselves to Roman models... ;) It's from up HERE that the technical and industrial expertise mostly came from. :p

In the factories of the industrial revolution. You must be including the Scots as well. We did need workers. ;)

Joe McCarthy
02-06-2012, 01:58 AM

I wouldn't be overly eager to boast about Magyar battlefield performance against Turks and Mongols dude. It's hard to see how anyone could have really done much worse, Hunyadi notwithstanding.

Joe McCarthy
02-06-2012, 02:09 AM

Until the mid-19th century a Jew could not hold a seat in the House of Commons, and the law was changed to allow a Rothschild to take his seat. It is true that Anglo-Saxons, though fairly anti-Semitic, never adopted the inferiority complex and paranoia toward Jews that the Germans did though. The British employed Jewish know-how in places like Rhodesia and the Suez canal rather than put shtetl peasants on boxcars.

I dare say it was the better approach.

Electronic God-Man
02-06-2012, 02:58 AM

I had to LOfuckingL at this...since we were "still wearing muskrat hats and skinning otters" when we were defeating the British for our independence.

What the hell is wrong with you? I'm all about recognizing our common heritage so I don't like pointing it out, but we went on and carried our culture to the rest of the world. We are the ones who best exhibit our long-faring ancestors, our "Anglo-Viking" ancestors as someone put it.

Joe McCarthy
02-06-2012, 03:07 AM
I had to LOfuckingL at this...since we were "still wearing muskrat hats and skinning otters" when we were defeating the British for our independence.

What the hell is wrong with you? I'm all about recognizing our common heritage so I don't like pointing it out, but we went on and carried our culture to the rest of the world. We are the ones who best exhibit our long-faring ancestors, our "Anglo-Viking" ancestors as someone put it.

It is typically the least English Englishmen, i.e., the fascists and Marxists that are interested in sowing division between the US and UK.

I wouldn't sweat it.

Loddfafner
02-06-2012, 03:40 AM
What have the Spanish and their descendants ever contributed to civilisation?

If Nietzsche was right that a people is just a roundabout way to get 4 or 5 great men, the Spanish have measured up, starting with Borges, Almodovar, Vargas Llosa, and Marquez. Of those, even Borges alone justifies the entire Spanish raza.

Libertas
02-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Might be fair to include the others as well. It was the English or Anglo-Saxons who triumphed. ;)

That is a moot point about Anglo-Saxons.

Half of England remained the DANElaw even after the West Saxon re-conquest of the 10th century and King Canute of Denmark conquered England in the early 11th century.

The Normans who triumphed in 1066 were partly of Danish origin too.

Albion
02-06-2012, 08:54 AM

Half of England remained the DANElaw even after the West Saxon re-conquest of the 10th century and King Canute of Denmark conquered England in the early 11th century.

Most of them were of mixed Anglian and Danish origin.

Via England and the British Isles.

Logan
02-06-2012, 09:14 AM

What of the Kelts?

What language and culture prevailed?

:coffee:

Chuchichäschtli
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Why do people seriously believe that the Americans 'won' independence.

If the Americans won independence from King George III, why is it that he is adressed as in the Peace Treaty of 1783, after the supposed American victory "Prince Elector of the Holy Roman Empire etc.. and of the United States of America". Why is it that the American signatories of the treaty are still adressed with royal titles, "John Adams, Esqr ... Benjamin Franklin, Esqr. ... John Jay, Esqr."

American independence is a farce, the war only gave the Americans the rule over the land, and that was only because King George III was quite generous. The Jews of Great Britain still receive royalties from the USA, through their devious Jew ways.

http://www.natural-person.ca/pdf/Great_Britain_owns_USA.PDF
http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=true&doc=6&page=transcript

Joe McCarthy
02-06-2012, 09:23 AM

If the Americans won independence from King George III, why is it that he is adressed as in the Peace Treaty of 1783, after the supposed American victory "Prince Elector of the Holy Roman Empire etc.. and of the United States of America". Why is it that the American signatories of the treaty are still adressed with royal titles, "John Adams, Esqr ... Benjamin Franklin, Esqr. ... John Jay, Esqr."

American independence is a farce, the war only gave the Americans the rule over the land, and that was only because King George III was quite generous. The Crown of Great Britain still receives royalties from the USA, in accordance with the economic agreements over the first British settlement in North America.

Lemme guess... you're Lyndon Larouche incognito, right? :p

If the British control us how do you explain this:

The United States also put financial pressure on the UK to end the invasion. Because the Bank of England had lost $45 million between 30 October and 2 November, and the UK's oil supply had been damaged by the closing of the Suez Canal, the British sought immediate assistance from the IMF, but it was denied by the United States. Eisenhower in fact ordered his Secretary of the Treasury, George M. Humphrey, to prepare to sell part of the US Government's Sterling Bond holdings. The US Government held these bonds in part to aid post war Britain's economy (during the Cold War), and as partial payment of Britain's enormous World War II debt to the US Government, American corporations, and individuals. It was also part of the overall effort of Marshall Plan aid, in the rebuilding of the Western European economies. The UK government considered invading Kuwait and Qatar if oil sanctions were put in place by the US.[205]

Britain's then Chancellor of the Exchequer, Harold Macmillan, advised his Prime Minister, Anthony Eden, that the United States was fully prepared to carry out this threat. He also warned his Prime Minister that Britain's foreign exchange reserves simply could not sustain the devaluation of the pound that would come after the United States' actions; and that within weeks of such a move, the country would be unable to import the food and energy supplies needed simply to sustain the population on the islands. However, there were suspicions in the Cabinet that Macmillan had deliberately overstated the financial situation in order to force Eden out. What Treasury officials had told Macmillan was far less serious than the version he told to the Cabinet.[206]

In concert with U.S. actions Saudi Arabia started an oil embargo against Britain and France. The U.S. refused to fill the gap until Britain and France agreed to a rapid withdrawal. The other NATO members refused to sell oil they received from Arab nations to Britain or France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis#Financial_pressure

Chuchichäschtli
02-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Fine, I'll concede it is not the British, but the Rothschilds in Britain

Joe McCarthy
02-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Fine, I'll concede it is not the British, but the Rothschilds in Britain

The Rothschilds themselves had a stake in the Suez Canal. Indeed, it was Lionel Rothschild that provided Disraeli with the loan to purchase stock in it in the first place. Why would a Rothschild dominated US make a run on the pound and force Britain to halt its invasion of Egypt?

Logan
02-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Lemme guess... you're Lyndon Larouche incognito, right? :p

If the British control us how do you explain this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis#Financial_pressure

Right. The Second World seems more a business take over. Little control. ;)

Wulfhere
02-06-2012, 09:29 AM

American independence is a farce, the war only gave the Americans the rule over the land, and that was only because King George III was quite generous. The Crown of Great Britain still receives royalties from the USA, in accordance with the economic agreements over the first British settlement in North America.

No, you're reading it wrongly. The original says:

It having pleased the Divine Providence to dispose the Hearts of the most Serene and most Potent Prince George the Third, by the Grace of God, King of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Duke of Brunswick and Lunebourg, Arch- Treasurer and Prince Elector of the Holy Roman Empire etc.. and of the United States of America, to forget all past Misunderstandings and Differences [etc.]

Notice the ".." after "etc" - this is to signify that both George III (with his titles), and also the USA, wish to forget past misunderstandings.

It's a subtle point, and I agree it's badly worded, but the rest of the document would be complete nonesense if this were not the correct reading.

Also, "Esquire" is not a royal title. By this period it was simply an alternative way of saying "Mr".

I'd really like to know what royalties the USA continues to pay the Crown. Sources, please? Not even Canada or Australia pay royalties to the Crown, and they still retain it.

Chuchichäschtli
02-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Simple. Jews control the Bank of England, and they also control the Federal Reserve, how is that not proof enough? By Christ!

пустиняк
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
lol at the title of the thread

Wulfhere
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Simple. Jews control the Bank of England, and they also control the Federal Reserve, how is that not proof enough? By Christ!

What royalties does the USA pay the Crown?

Chuchichäschtli
02-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I fixed the mistake in the post

Wulfhere
02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I fixed the mistake in the post

You mean, you fixed the false statement. But you've replaced it with another. What royalties do the Jews of Great Britain receive from the USA?

Chuchichäschtli
02-06-2012, 09:42 AM
You mean, you fixed the false statement. But you've replaced it with another. What royalties do the Jews of Great Britain receive from the USA?

It's simple, the Rothschild Jews are based in London, most of their wealth is concentrated there, gather from all four corners of the globe through devious Jewish ways;).

Wulfhere
02-06-2012, 09:43 AM
It's simple, the Rothschild Jews are based in London, most of their wealth is concentrated there, gather from all four corners of the globe through devious Jewish ways;).

By devious do you perhaps mean clever?

What royalties does the USA pay the Rothschilds?

Chuchichäschtli
02-06-2012, 09:47 AM
By devious do you perhaps mean clever?

What royalties does the USA pay the Rothschilds?

Yes, clever, devious, immoral, all the same. They have no moral boundaries, unlike us Gentiles.

They don't technically pay the Rothschilds, why would they? The Rothschilds/Israel own America anyway.

Joe McCarthy
02-06-2012, 10:01 AM
A pity that we Anglo-Saxons, even in 2012, have to abide Nazis and their conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:

Wulfhere
02-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes, clever, devious, immoral, all the same. They have no moral boundaries, unlike us Gentiles.

They don't technically pay the Rothschilds, why would they? The Rothschilds/Israel own America anyway.

So now you're admitting your other statement was false, too?

American companies operate in the UK, and British companies operate in the USA. In fact, the two countries form the biggest investment partnership in the world, and it's not one-sided either, with each investing in the other a roughly equal amount. In other words, companies based in both countries receive profits from the other. Is that what you're saying?

Wulfhere
02-06-2012, 10:07 AM
A pity that we Anglo-Saxons, even in 2012, have to abide Nazis and their conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:

I think they're just jealous.

Chuchichäschtli
02-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Haha, conspiracy theories:thumb001:.

Why would anyone want to trust a race of people who swear on the Day of Atonement that they don't have to hold any oaths to any non-Jews, and whose religion actually tells them that they are God's people.

Wulfhere
02-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Haha, conspiracy theories:thumb001:.

Why would anyone want to trust a race of people who swear on the Day of Atonement that they don't have to hold any oaths to any non-Jews, and whose religion actually tells them that they are God's people.

Are you talking about the Jews now, or the Anglo-Saxons (the subject of this thread)? You seem to be unsure.

Aces High
02-06-2012, 10:18 AM
A pity that we Anglo-Saxons,

You arent an AngloSaxon.....jew.

Chuchichäschtli
02-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Are you talking about the Jews now, or the Anglo-Saxons (the subject of this thread)? You seem to be unsure.

:confused:... Yes, because Anglo-Saxons swear not to keep promises to non-Jews, they only keep their promises to Jews...

Wulfhere
02-06-2012, 10:22 AM
:confused:... Yes, because Anglo-Saxons swear not to keep promises to non-Jews, they only keep their promises to Jews...

Don't try irony, you can't pull it off.

poiuytrewq0987
02-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Descendants of Greeks and Romans as the carriers of Western civilization? Oh... you mean those people who ruthlessly threw people into colloseums so they could be devoured by animals (or killed by others) in the most terrible of fashions to the entertainment of the crowd. If that is Western Civilization, I want nothing to do with it. The Anglo-Saxons are descendants of the Anglo-Saxons and nothing else. Any Anglo-Saxon who sees himself as anything else, especially a Roman, isn't deemed worthy of the name.

I only disagree with the Greek part. The Greeks were good for nothing who tore apart Alexander's great empire with typical tribal mentality that can still be found in Greece. Modern democracy in Greece is hardly anything to be envious of nor was the ancient democracy. The Greeks spoke of an idea but did they live to practice it outside insular governance in Attica? I think not.

The Romans, on the other hand, they had a republic that lasted for centuries until it was transformed into an empire. Even then, the Roman senate continued to meet for centuries on after the fall of Rome to Northern hordes. The Roman contributions to civilization is far more numerous than the meager contributions of slumbering thinkers of Greece.

The Roman ideas are what the English built on and improved beyond all our imaginations. The British isles recovering from several invasions from the Romans to the Anglo-Saxons and later the Normans. It met a stalemate in the Franco-English wars. That stalemate unexpectedly carved the future of Britain as a true sea power spanning all seven continents. Britain may not be a sea power it used to be but one of Britain's successor states, America, is.

Chuchichäschtli
02-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Please forgive me

Joe McCarthy
02-06-2012, 10:27 AM
You arent an AngloSaxon.....jew.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5fiC8OWSexw/S9rtaCI-zLI/AAAAAAAABNw/eHy3o0soLKc/s400/Follow+2.jpg

Aces High
02-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Better him than yours old boy.;)

Magyar the Conqueror
02-06-2012, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't be overly eager to boast about Magyar battlefield performance against Turks and Mongols dude. It's hard to see how anyone could have really done much worse, Hunyadi notwithstanding.

Ahahaha, good one, now lets see.
The Mongols managed to conquer Russia for a few hundred years.
The Turks managed to conquer Serbia, Croatia, Greece, Romania, etc etc, but never got the whole of Hungary.

What do you know? Lucky for you the Mongols and Turks weren't so good at naval warfare otherwise they would have kicked your ass back to the stone age.

You are from the US, the US never won a war that it was on its own , they are losing against ragheads in Afghanistan, lost against rice-niggers in Vietnam and barely won against 15 year old Hitler Youth babies in WW2.

Osweo
02-06-2012, 09:47 PM
It is typically the least English Englishmen, i.e., the fascists and Marxists that are interested in sowing division between the US and UK.
You forgot the crypto-Paddies. :yo:

If Nietzsche was right that a people is just a roundabout way to get 4 or 5 great men, the Spanish have measured up, starting with Borges, Almodovar, Vargas Llosa, and Marquez. Of those, even Borges alone justifies the entire Spanish raza.

Wait a minute... Pedro Almodóvar Caballero!?!? I actually forced myself to sit thru one of his films. What seemed like HOURS of watching athletic young men fuck each other up the arse, and a few bits of priests fucking small boys, and the odd scene of an older man sodomising one of the said athletic young men... I bet the fat old deviant Marxist that is Almodóvar especially enjoyed the last bit. :puke:

Anyroad, Nino Bravo, Primo de Rivera, Quevedo, Julio Caro Baroja and Don el Cristiano Viejo easily justify the existence of the Spaniards. :suomut:

Ouistreham
02-06-2012, 10:02 PM
we Northerners up here in Northumbria were far less willing to mould ourselves to Roman models... ;)

those Franks who lived in solidly Romano-Gallic territory abandoned their traditions, keeping only the name.

I don't want to spoil your happiness but the one who convinced the Carolingian monarchy to abandon Teutonic traditions and to focus on the Roman legacy was a famous scholar, known as the most knowledgeable man of his time, Ealhwine a.k.a. Alcuin of York, who happened to be an Englishman from Northumbria. :D

[ Of course you have a right to rejoice that the most influential mind of that era was an Anglo-Saxon. ]

Osweo
02-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't want to spoil your happiness but the one who convinced the Carolingian monarchy to abandon Teutonic traditions and to focus on the Roman legacy was a famous scholar, known as the most knowledgeable man of his time, Ealhwine a.k.a. Alcuin of York, who happened to be an Englishman from Northumbria. :D

[ Of course you have a right to rejoice that the most influential mind of that era was an Anglo-Saxon. ]

Oh I know, yeah... :D He was very much behind the idea of taking up the Imperial title. I wrote something on that once....

Several individuals from our region made a name for themselves in Francia, the latter often getting the better part of the deal, most notably in the person of Alcuin of York, widely recognised as the greatest scholar of his day. Invited specially by King Carl or Carolus to revitalise learning in the Frankish domains, this Yorkshireman was in no small way responsible for the reconstitution of the Roman imperial idea in the West. Preserving and propagating what remained of Roman education and literacy to the developing universities of Mediaeval Europe, he instilled in the young King Carl an appreciation of the Classical past, and may have helped put into his head the plan to have the Pope crown him in 800 AD as a new Caesar, ruling a new Holy Roman Empire, an institution lasting until Napoleon’s day. Carl thus went down in history as Charlemagne – Charles the Great – being incidentally the direct male line ancestor of the present Duke of York, by a round about route from France via Germany, Denmark, and Greece.
:D

BUT!!!

I'm a Lancastrian, and Alcuin was from York. Ever heard of our wars of the Roses? It's still on, in a 'Cold War' form. :wink

And what do you expect of a man from a region where the Parisi settled!? :eek:
http://hefenfelth.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/northern-tribes.jpg

Will you answer my demographic questions?

Ouistreham
02-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Will you answer my demographic questions?

Oh yes. I forgot.
Your question (about early birth control in France):

— "What methods were they using?"

— The good old pull-out method (which became popular in Europe, especially here, in the course of the 18th century), and at the same time delayed marriage, which affected primarily the literate North-Eastern half of the country:

http://www.persee.fr/renderPage/pop_0032-4663_1979_num_34_2_18072/0/710/pop_0032-4663_1979_num_34_2_T1_0418_0000.jpg

— "Was it REALLY so prevalent among the working classes?"

— More so among peasants than in the upper classes (who married early). In France, land property was much more scattered than in England. On the country, everyone's dream was to own his own acres, or at least to be eligible to get a long term farming agreement. Those who were better out tended consequently to have few sons to avoid dividing their properties. The other ones started as day labourers or servants, saved money to acquire a higher status, and consequently married very late (their British counterparts would sail to the New World instead).

This combination of egalitarianism and Malthusian attitudes durably shaped the French lower class mentality, long before the Revolution.

Phenomenons like the enclosures took place in France too, but given the demographic conditions that never reached the cataclysmic dimension it had in England, and didn't significantly fuel the growth of industrial cities, at least until the mid-19th century.

— "Was it not rather the internal restrictions on the movement of goods and people in the Ancien Regime that prevented the rise of French Manchesters and Birminghams?"

— This, too. Every small borough had its own local laws, and — contrary to Britain — its own measurement systems. An obnoxious mess! Which is the main reason the Revolution and the metric standards were enthusiastically welcomed in the developed part of France (oppositions came from the pre-industrial West and South).

And what do you expect of a man from a region where the Parisi settled!?

:) Point taken.

Wulfhere
02-06-2012, 11:32 PM
You're just offering excuses as to why France didn't industrialise. Excuses that are perfectly true, and rather confirm my point.

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by MagyarCossack
The Mongols managed to conquer Russia for a few hundred years.

I don't like to dwell on this, but you are aware what happened to Hungary during the Mongol invasion of Europe, correct?

The Turks managed to conquer Serbia, Croatia, Greece, Romania, etc etc, but never got the whole of Hungary.

They ruled much of it for well over a century and were thrown out due mostly to Poles and Austrians. Some of those others did something approaching throwing them out on their own.

You are from the US, the US never won a war that it was on its own

What a silly statement. Few wars are won single-handedly. Historically coalitions usually face each other. And the US has won wars on its own. Maybe you missed the Spanish-American War, the Mexican-American War, Panama, Grenada, the Indian Wars, and so forth. In fact, we've probably won more wars 'on our own' than any state in the modern era.

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Maybe you missed the Spanish-American War, the Mexican-American War, Panama, Grenada, the Indian Wars, and so forth.

wow, what fair wars they were too. America vs the dying, bankrupt Spanish Kingdom practically in Civil war. The Mexicans, a bunch of retarded mestizos who were hopeless without French/Spanish rule, same for Panama and Grenada. The Indians, uncivilised nomads who were still using bows and arrows.

Great example of how successful America is when it's on its own. MagyarCossack is essentially right, and infallible

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 03:53 AM
wow, what fair wars they were too. America vs the dying, bankrupt Spanish Kingdom practically in Civil war. The Mexicans, a bunch of retarded mestizos who were hopeless without French/Spanish rule, same for Panama and Grenada. The Indians, uncivilised nomads who were still using bows and arrows.

Great example of how successful America is when it's on its own. MagyarCossack is essentially right, and infallible

Your post isn't so much a testament to the weakness of our opponents but to how overwhelmingly powerful we are. We're so good anything less than victory is considered a huge failure.

Speaking of huge failures:

http://www.uncp.edu/home/rwb/nuremberg_trials.gif

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 03:57 AM
It's nothing more than a testament to the fact that you can only beat Mestizos and Indians on your own.

Speaking of huge failures, the English burnt Washington to the ground in 1812

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 03:59 AM

And we repelled their invasion of New Orleans. The British failed to achieve their objectives in that war.

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 04:01 AM
They didn't have objectives. They were busy fighting Napoleon, you silly Americans thought you could take Canada while the Brits had their backs turned. That sure as shit backfired on you.

foreverblue
02-07-2012, 04:02 AM
It's nothing more than a testament to the fact that you can only beat Mestizos and Indians on your own.

wasn't that canadian troops with a british commander?

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 04:02 AM
They didn't have objectives. They were busy fighting Napoleon, you silly Americans thought you could take Canada while the Brits had their backs turned. That sure as shit backfired on you.

Didn't have objectives?!

There is little real historical evidence the US was trying to conquer Canada. The war was basically a draw.

foreverblue
02-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Didn't have objectives?!

There is little real historical evidence the US was trying to conquer Canada. The war was basically a draw.

was it actually a draw. or a narrow british victory?

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 04:04 AM
British troops, from Canada. Remember that Canadians are just British settlers, same as Australians and New Zealanders. These differences were even more miniscule 200 years ago

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 04:05 AM
HAHAH, why did America start the war if it didn't have objectives?

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 04:21 AM
was it actually a draw. or a narrow british victory?

I'd call it an American victory myself, as we basically achieved our military objectives, but it can be argued either way.

foreverblue
02-07-2012, 04:22 AM
British troops, from Canada. Remember that Canadians are just British settlers, same as Australians and New Zealanders. These differences were even more miniscule 200 years ago

yeah i get what your saying. canada wasn't federated till the late 19th century.

actually australia wasn't federated till 1901, soldiers from here fought in sudan boer war under queensland,news south wales,victoria etc

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 04:50 AM
I'd call it an American victory myself, as we basically achieved our military objectives, but it can be argued either way.

What military objectives?
Failing to take parts of British Canada? Letting the English burn your capitol to the ground?

yeah i get what your saying. canada wasn't federated till the late 19th century.

actually australia wasn't federated till 1901, soldiers from here fought in sudan boer war under queensland,news south wales,victoria etc

Australians have a stronger friendship with the motherland than any other country I'd say. Australia showed the Allies in both World Wars how it's done

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 05:00 AM
What military objectives?
Failing to take parts of British Canada? Letting the English burn your capitol to the ground?

The 'failure' to take Canada is only a lack of achievement if one holds that was an American objective in the first place. What we did accomplish is what we went to war for - that is get the British to stop impressment of our men at sea.

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 05:10 AM
It was a failure, because the Americans had there asses handed to them.

Don't you find it a little funny that America could not beat the English, who had their hands full with the French and their allies at the time?

If the Americans had attacked when Britain was at peace, the US would have been abolished and the Thirteen colonies reinstated. It was very much within Britain's power to crush the United States.

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 05:12 AM
It was a failure, because the Americans had there asses handed to them.

Don't you find it a little funny that America could not beat the English, who had their hands full with the French and their allies at the time?

If the Americans had attacked when Britain was at peace, the US would have been abolished and the Thirteen colonies reinstated. It was very much within Britain's power to crush the United States.

You seem unaware that Napoleon was defeated before the War of 1812 was over. The British still failed to beat us.

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 05:23 AM
I am aware that he was defeated before the conclusion of the War of 1812.

You seem unaware that he assumed power again in France, during the 100 days, and the Treaty of Ghent was signed 7 months before he was defeated for the last time

exceeder
02-07-2012, 05:31 AM
I don't know if they are the most succesfull but they are up there.

Most succesful/influencial/known nations/races in my books are:
The English (well, British), the French (napoleonic law), the Greeks (classics anyone?), the Chinese, and the Spanish.

I could explain why, but I will leave it at that. Of course this is only my opinion and is very subjective, so take it with a grain of salt ;-)

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 05:52 AM
I am aware that he was defeated before the conclusion of the War of 1812.

You seem unaware that he assumed power again in France, during the 100 days, and the Treaty of Ghent was signed 7 months before he was defeated for the last time

Of what importance is this?

Aemma
02-07-2012, 05:55 AM

Err whatcha been doing lately, Aces High? :coffee:

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Wow, I have to spell it out.

The importance of it is that the British still had their hands full for another 7 months after the Treaty of Ghent. Making this:

You seem unaware that Napoleon was defeated before the War of 1812 was over. The British still failed to beat us.
moot.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-07-2012, 06:04 AM

The importance of it is that the British still had their hands full for another 7 months after the Treaty of Ghent. Making this:

moot.

Joe Mccarthy has to be a troll,nobody can be that retarted, although he is American so you never know.

Aemma
02-07-2012, 06:08 AM

Thats the acid test.

I doubt very much that you can make any type of valid argument that England is still responsible for the continuation of English as the lingua franca. The lingua franca originated over on your side of the pond no doubt but the torch has long been passed onto another country across said pond.

Surely even you can see this.

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 06:13 AM

moot.

So 100 days is seven months? :confused:

You're confused. The Treaty of Ghent was signed before Napoleon made his comeback. The British had the opportunity then to throw everything at us after Napoleon capitulated the first time and they failed to beat us.

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 06:26 AM
My point is that if they never had to face France, they could have defeated you with ease.

Nice trolling btw. Or are you for real? I can't be sure, you're American

Aemma
02-07-2012, 06:33 AM

I believe you meant to say have entered: it's long been entered and continues to exist. I don't see it dying anytime soon either.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-07-2012, 06:49 AM
America is not Anglo-saxon, but Judeo-Zionist.

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 06:51 AM
More like Judeo-Negro-Mestizoic

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 06:55 AM
My point is that if they never had to face France, they could have defeated you with ease.

Maybe, maybe not. It is also highly dependent on what you mean by 'defeated'. We were considerably stronger than in 1776. Supposing they could have conquered us in a ground invasion is highly dubious. We had too many guys with guns.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-07-2012, 06:57 AM
The history of the USA is the history of irony, I wouldn't be suprised if they got attacked and beaten by their own security system.

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 06:58 AM
The mighty Royal Navy would have blockaded you into starvation, while they supplied everything the Indians needed to make your lives a living hell. Then gradually retake the colonies. Considering only 50% of Americans actually wanted independence in the first place, they would have found a fair few Loyalists.

Aemma
02-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Australians have a stronger friendship with the motherland than any other country I'd say. Australia showed the Allies in both World Wars how it's done

Erm really? I'm Canadian and our relationship with "the motherland" as you call it :rolleyes: is as strong if not stronger than Australia's.

I think you're really talking out your butt now. :D Do the words Juno Beach or Dieppe (http://www.junobeach.org/e/2/can-eve-mob-die-e.htm) mean anything to you? How about a serving of Vimy Ridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vimy_Ridge)? :rolleyes:

Joe McCarthy
02-07-2012, 07:11 AM
The mighty Royal Navy would have blockaded you into starvation, while they supplied everything the Indians needed to make your lives a living hell. Then gradually retake the colonies. Considering only 50% of Americans actually wanted independence in the first place, they would have found a fair few Loyalists.

As it was the British scheme for an Indian buffer state in Ohio and Michigan collapsed because the Indians couldn't get along.

There were few loyalists left in 1812. They'd long since been chased into Canada, and a naval blockade would have been met with an American naval buildup to counter it, plus would have been ineffective. In fact, we had already voluntarily cut off trade with Europe in the Embargo Act. We didn't really need them.

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 07:13 AM
America, the land of the free.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tRltDOI5giU/TQuCQavnNUI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/m6XxlhGSBcA/s640/TSA_Madness.jpg
http://libertyfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/tsa-300x248.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PVyDmTkfk6s/TOHnQF3IxCI/AAAAAAAAEBA/cveysRAb2Zo/s1600/tsa_breast_groping.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUY7o7pX6vk&feature=related

This should be your new flag
http://images.wikia.com/althistory/images/9/93/United_Socialist_Republics_of_America._50_stars.pn g

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Erm really? I'm Canadian and our relationship with "the motherland" as you call it :rolleyes: is as strong if not stronger than Australia's.

I think you're really talking out your butt now. :D Do the words Juno Beach or Dieppe (http://www.junobeach.org/e/2/can-eve-mob-die-e.htm) mean anything to you? How about a serving of Vimy Ridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vimy_Ridge)? :rolleyes:

The only thing that puts Australia ahead is Australians don't speak with an American accent:)

Raskolnikov
02-07-2012, 08:54 AM
America, the land of the free.

http://www.henrymakow.com/TSAPatDown.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PVyDmTkfk6s/TOHnQF3IxCI/AAAAAAAAEBA/cveysRAb2Zo/s1600/tsa_breast_groping.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUY7o7pX6vk&feature=related

This should be your new flag
http://images.wikia.com/althistory/images/9/93/United_Socialist_Republics_of_America._50_stars.pn g
In this thread minor inconvenience at the airport is collectivisation of the means of production.

Chuchichäschtli
02-07-2012, 10:41 AM
In this thread minor inconvenience at the airport is collectivisation of the means of production.

I don't get it

Argyll
02-07-2012, 10:54 AM

:rolleyes: :laugh:

02-07-2012, 08:06 PM
:coffee:

I'd reply to your message but there's no way to send you a pm or rep comment. :D

Siegfried
02-07-2012, 09:35 PM
The reason behind the Anglo-Saxon Success:

Their Sense of Humour

An Intoduction on British Humour

Another Video on British Humour

It's different, that's my opinion. I've always found Brits funnier than the average person.

Magyar the Conqueror
02-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Google, yeah, especially ones like Aces High, you can't help but not to laugh at them.

Siegfried
02-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Google, yeah, especially ones like Aces High, you can't help but not to laugh at them.

It's a very different type of humour, but it's a whole lot more hilarious (in my opinion anyway).

Aemma
02-08-2012, 05:52 PM
I'd reply to your message but there's no way to send you a pm or rep comment. :D

Really? LOL How can we rectify this 007? :D

Aemma
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM
The only thing that puts Australia ahead is Australians don't speak with an American accent:)

Last I checked Canadians speak with a Canadian one. :coffee:

Ánleifr
02-08-2012, 06:38 PM

Aey :wink

Scrapple
02-08-2012, 06:43 PM

Yeah I can tell when I am talking to a Canadian from their accent.

GeistFaust
02-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Let's not forget the Anglo-Saxons were Germanics, and this adds to the legacy of Germanics. I think the Anglo-Saxons had a great sense of culture and political rule combined with a racial(Volkish) spirit, which only be trumped over by the Normans.

The yearning to conquer and expand for glory, honor, and victory seem like noble qualities to possess. This seems to reflect later on in the Puritans adventurous spirit which had a naturalistic perspective to it.

The area where the Puritans were the strongest is in those areas where the Anglo-Saxons made their greatest impacts in a racial, cultural, and political sense. It makes sense that the Puritans would inherit some of their forefathers traits, and have them dictate their passage and striving for manifesty destiny and glory in the Americas.

SaxonCeorl
02-08-2012, 06:52 PM

I call it the North American accent, as all educated North Americans speak with the same accent, apart from a few words. I don't think a few words warrant the distinction of two seperate accents.

Peasant
02-08-2012, 06:56 PM
This thread disgusts me, I'm emigrating to Ireland.

Aemma
02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I call it the North American accent, as all educated North Americans speak with the same accent, apart from a few words. I don't think a few words warrant the distinction of two seperate accents.

If you mean by a North American accent more of a "Peter Jennings style of speech", yes absolutely, I agree with you. You and I more than likely sound like we could be fellow Pennsylvanians, northern ones especially. You and Soten probably sound very much alike I would assume.

But I'm not sure most people outside of North America get the notion of a more generic North American accent. Many might think that we all sound like "Dan Rather", English with a slight Texan/Southern lilt.

Argyll
02-08-2012, 07:35 PM
If you mean by a North American accent more of a "Peter Jennings style of speech", yes absolutely, I agree with you. You and I more than likely sound like we could be fellow Pennsylvanians, northern ones especially. You and Soten probably sound very much alike I would assume.

But I'm not sure most people outside of North America get the notion of a more generic North American accent. Many might think that we all sound like "Dan Rather", English with a slight Texan/Southern lilt.

You speak of Pennsylvania and yet you don't mention Loddfafner? SHAME on you Aemma, SHAME :grumpy:

Aemma
02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
You speak of Pennsylvania and yet you don't mention Loddfafner? SHAME on you Aemma, SHAME :grumpy:

Darling! Don't get your knickers in a twist! LOL I mention my darling friend Lodd in another post. :) I'm just spreading the "Pennsylvania wealth" around my various posts today. ;) :)

As for Lodd's accent, his is pretty much as mine except for his charming pronunciation of the word "yeah". :) When I say it, it sounds like "ya" and when Lodd says it, it sounds like "yeh". See the difference?

I do sound like a Minnesotan! :eek:

Except that I can do a wicked awesome Bostonian accent too! ;)

oldmen
02-08-2012, 07:58 PM
anglo saxons the best race.

what?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hqtySCxIdSE/TVpz-CzqWQI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/5K6U0wBb-mI/s1600/405.jpg
:cool::rolleyes:;)

Scrapple
02-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Darling! Don't get your knickers in a twist! LOL I mention my darling friend Lodd in another post. :) I'm just spreading the "Pennsylvania wealth" around my various posts today. ;) :)

As for Lodd's accent, his is pretty much as mine except for his charming pronunciation of the word "yeah". :) When I say it, it sounds like "ya" and when Lodd says it, it sounds like "yeh". See the difference?

I do sound like a Minnesotan! :eek:

Except that I can do a wicked awesome Bostonian accent too! ;)

Never thought of "yeh" as charming before. "Yeh yous guys bedder gedoudda here".

Aemma
02-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Never thought of "yeh" as charming before. "Yeh yous guys bedder gedoudda here".

Charm is in the eye of the beholder, my Sweet. ;) I'd probably find your accent charming as well, Scrapple. :)

Now stop making Pennsylvanians sound like guidos for gods' sake! You ought to know better! :P :D

02-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Really? LOL How can we rectify this 007? :D

I don't know. It says you have rep turned off and this is the message I get when I try to pm you;

"Aemma has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

:(