PDA

View Full Version : Which Armenia do you want to see restored?

poiuytrewq0987
02-07-2012, 08:36 AM
There were several Armenias in history. From really big Greater Armenias to today's miniature model. Where should the borders be drawn and why?

I think they should start by reincorporating Artsakh and maybe Naxcivan. I think that is the only possible route for them at present.

sioned
09-18-2019, 10:10 AM
Any scenario where Turkey dissapears...will be a good scenario. North-eastern Anatolia to Armenia, western Turkey, Thrace and Constaniople to Greece. as for the Turks, well, Im sure the Armenians and Greeks have certain sentiments from the past to deal with a proper solution.

Kyp
09-18-2019, 10:13 AM
Safavid Empire

itilvolga
09-18-2019, 10:20 AM
The best Armenia is the nonexistent Armenia.

Annihilus
09-18-2019, 11:21 AM
The best Armenia is the nonexistent Armenia.

Nah I think it's kinda cool they get to watch "their" holy mountain from Yerevan in agony.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/75/Mount_Ararat_and_the_Yerevan_skyline_in_spring_%28 50mm%29.jpg/1920px-Mount_Ararat_and_the_Yerevan_skyline_in_spring_%28 50mm%29.jpg

itilvolga
09-18-2019, 11:26 AM
Nah I think it's kinda cool they get to watch "their" holy mountain from Yerevan in agony.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/75/Mount_Ararat_and_the_Yerevan_skyline_in_spring_%28 50mm%29.jpg/1920px-Mount_Ararat_and_the_Yerevan_skyline_in_spring_%28 50mm%29.jpg

It would be even nicer if they had to watch “their” holy mountain from Yerevan which is under Azerbaijani authority, no?

Annihilus
09-18-2019, 11:35 AM
It would be even nicer if they had to watch “their” holy mountain from Yerevan which is under Azerbaijani authority, no?

I don't know about that, they would flood Turkey if Azerbaijan took Yerevan. There are already 300.000 illegal Armenians in Turkey, don't need more. If Azerbaijan gets Karabağ and surrounding areas back I'm all for peace and opening the border with Armenia for trade.

itilvolga
09-18-2019, 11:45 AM
I don't know about that, they would flood Turkey if Azerbaijan took Yerevan. There are already 300.000 illegal Armenians in Turkey, don't need more. If Azerbaijan gets Karabağ and surrounding areas back I'm all for peace and opening the border with Armenia for trade.

Nah, they wouldn’t. Russia would be their first preference.
The only issue is not Karabağ, they need to accept there is no genocide but deportation by Turks.

Annihilus
09-18-2019, 11:58 AM
Nah, they wouldn’t. Russia would be their first preference.
The only issue is not Karabağ, they need to accept there is no genocide but deportation by Turks.

Russia is too far away, Turkey can easily be reached by foot. Besides Turkey has far better economical opportunities than Russia. Also they could travel to Eu from Turkey, much harder to do from Russia.

I doubt they'll ever give up the genocide thing, their whole identity is based upon it. Only thing they can blame Turks for is that they didn't protect them enough from the kurds, after all they did get slaughtered. But hey if you are fighting an existential war yourself, you gotta take care of your own first right?

Ford
09-18-2019, 12:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JuHcF2m.jpg

happycow
09-18-2019, 12:26 PM
:ranger