PDA

View Full Version : What degree(s) do you have/are you studying?

European Loyalist
02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm in BA political science w/ a minor in economics

RagnarLodbrok666
02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm getting a degree in liberal arts and history so I can teach. :cool:

Vasconcelos
02-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Currently finishing the 3rd year of a masters in Civil Engineering.

Stefan
02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
I will start college this fall with almost certain intentions to double major in physics(astronomy specialization) and pure mathematics. After I get my bachelor's degree, I plan to go to graduate school(thinking about MIT, Princeton, or Caltech) to specialize in particle cosmology or theoretical high energy(particle) physics for my PhD. I am still open to the idea of specializing in other fields of physics or even going into mathematics though. My top choices for undergraduate are Carnegie Mellon University and Cornell University; I still have a month to know which, if either, I get into. Although I've applied to many others as well. I am very excited to start my academic career. This year I've prepared as best I can to succeed. I've almost perfected my study methods, and I've become increasingly interested in mathematics(which used to be my worst subject.) I also have a general course outline so that throughout college I can learn as much as possible to prepare me for graduate school and to succeed as a physicist and a scientist in general, while maintaining a fluidity in what I learn so that I don't meet many road-bumps caused by not having suitable pre-requisites. I have never been so motivated in my life as I am now, and I hope this motivation and enthusiasm persists. I think it is because of the challenge involved and my boundless interest in the subject material. Anyway, that was more than what was asked, so I will stop here..... :)

Loddfafner
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Advanced, but useless ones.

Neanderthal
02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Graphic design.

rhiannon
02-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Bachelor of Science in cell/molecular biology...followed by....

3 of the 4 years of medical school completion....left the program because too many personal issues were going on in my life and making it hard to focus....followed by....

RN licensure with certification in ER specialty...followed by....

Masters of Science in Nursing (I'm now ONE stinking credit shy of this, lol)

leisitox
02-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Im 16 so go figure.

Comte Arnau
02-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Two degrees and a Masters which are basically useless and remind me of how much money you can easily spend for nothing. When cafeteria conversations are far more interesting than lectures, something's not completely right.

zack
02-08-2012, 01:52 AM
None-but I'm thinking about learning a trade such is plumbing because trades are in high demand in the United States and i could see myself making a lot of money.

European Loyalist
02-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Two degrees and a Masters which are basically useless and remind me of how much money you can easily spend for nothing. When cafeteria conversations are far more interesting than lectures, something's not completely right.

what field(s) are your degrees in?

Raikaswinþs
02-08-2012, 02:18 AM

I have seriously found a big gap between the degree I studied at formal university (:(), the HND I did at college here :), and what I am currently studying.:love:

Joining the Open University has been so far the best educative decision I have taken in my life. I would not change my years at Seville for anything in this world though, despite the degree was crap and I was semi-forced in :D

Chronos
02-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Entering 3rd year for Electrical Engineering. Thinking of doing something with patents after I get my masters, either USPTO or private law firm. Or become a software dev for funsies.

StonyArabia
02-08-2012, 02:25 AM
BA in Social Work:cool: Almost done.

Pyramidologist
02-08-2012, 02:50 AM
B.A. Classics student (second year). Also i have a foundation degree in forensic anthropology. I need to top it up though to get my full B.S., don't know when i'll do this, probably in 5 or so years as part-time distant learning.
I don't think i'm going to further my education after these two degrees.

Pyramidologist
02-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Bachelor of Science in cell/molecular biology...followed by....

3 of the 4 years of medical school completion....left the program because too many personal issues were going on in my life and making it hard to focus....followed by....

RN licensure with certification in ER specialty...followed by....

Masters of Science in Nursing (I'm now ONE stinking credit shy of this, lol)

Wow, you are very clever.

mymy
02-10-2012, 01:25 PM
BA in Social Work:cool: Almost done.

Oh, a colleague! :D
Same here, just a little and i'll have that diploma.

Queen B
02-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Automation Engineering

Talvi
02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
BA in Middle-Easter and Asian cultures.
Working on MA. Same major.

Mortimer
02-10-2012, 03:11 PM
i studied diploma studies law. where you earn a "magister" (not master!!), i have nearly half of studies completed but i didnt finished. maybe i will finish some day. so in other words i dont own a university degree :coffee:

Svartálfar
02-10-2012, 03:20 PM
I am studing Computer Enginnering.

GeistFaust
02-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Trying to get my B.A. in History and my minor is Philosophy, and I am about 3/4rds of the way through.

RagnarLodbrok666
02-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Trying to get my B.A. in History and my minor is Philosophy, and I am about 3/4rds of the way through.

I'm about 2/4ths there to my B.A. as well.

Peasant
02-10-2012, 10:59 PM
BA Hons Fashion Design and a BA in African Studies

Treffie
02-10-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm about 2/4ths there to my B.A. as well.

In Maths? :p

Scrapple
02-10-2012, 11:09 PM
BA in History and Political Science and a JD (JD = law degree). I don't practice law currently though.

VedicViking
02-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Currently studying for a degree in engineering. Seems to be quite popular amongst folks whose politics lean to the right.

Peasant
02-12-2012, 02:30 PM
BA Hons Spam Posting

Mordid
02-12-2012, 02:42 PM
1) troll
2) trolll
3) trollll
Very happy in my job as a tehapecity Moderator, thank you.

Please keep the noise down.

PetiteParisienne
02-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Nursing and Midwifery.

Damião de Góis
02-12-2012, 10:49 PM
I am studing Computer Enginnering.

I have this.

RagnarLodbrok666
02-14-2012, 03:33 AM
I have this.

If you went with computer programming you wouldn't be able to use it for anything, all of those positions are being shipped to the third world.

The trades and the professions are the way to go...if you want to actually spend the college money usefully and make a real contribution to the market and culture. Don't major in something like economics either, because those classes are used to propagate marxist ideas and an economics degree is useless and wouldn't get you anywhere.

Take it from an academic and teaching major of 25 years of age.

Damião de Góis
02-14-2012, 08:49 PM
If you went with computer programming you wouldn't be able to use it for anything, all of those positions are being shipped to the third world.

That may be true in America...