PDA

View Full Version : Saucy ad leads to sexism complaints

microrobert
02-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Saucy ad leads to sexism complaints

A suggestive ad for a football apparel store has provoked complaints from women's groups

"This type of advertising really worries me," said Auréline Cardoso, a member of anti-sexism and anti-homophobia group CRASH (Collectif Radical Anti-Sexisme et Homophobie).

http://www.thelocal.fr/2510/20120208/

rhiannon
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Pffft.
Who cares.

It's an ad fer cripes sake.

I've seen a lot worse, lol

Some people seriously need to get a life.

Amapola
02-08-2012, 03:16 PM
It's not sexist. It's simply disgusting.

Absinthe
02-08-2012, 04:26 PM
It's not sexist. It's simply disgusting.
Indeed, very tacky, but silly enough not to qualify as "sexist". The person who wrote the script has a school boy sense of humour.

Osweo
02-08-2012, 04:28 PM

^ Fascinating display of generational change above, there! The old promiscuous no-rules 'who cares, get a life' generation, and my own generation which has to deal with the crap that the former has made of our public life.

"This type of advertising really worries me," said Auréline Cardoso, a member of anti-sexism and anti-homophobia group CRASH (Collectif Radical Anti-Sexisme et Homophobie).

"We can't keep laughing about sexism and the macho culture when we know a woman is raped every five hours in France," she told daily newspaper 20 Minutes.
- Hmm, I dare say huge numbers of Africans (of both Black and Berber-Arab varieties, equally unfit to live in European society) have a little more to do with those stats, though things like this advert are part of encouraging their worst behaviour...

The Ripper
02-09-2012, 12:17 AM
The stuff people say...

"If it had been a black person in the place of the woman, I don't think everyone would be laughing at this."

-Auréline Cardoso, a member of anti-sexism and anti-homophobia group CRASH (Collectif Radical Anti-Sexisme et Homophobie).

What does it even mean? I have a couple of theories.

1) You can't be a woman and a black person at the same time.

2) We find it acceptible to joke about women giving blow jobs, but not black persons.

SaxonCeorl
02-09-2012, 12:39 AM
From the article:

it appeared to show a woman giving a male client an unusually high level of customer service.

:lol:

I think it's refreshing, actually. Men like women and women like men. That's just how it is. It's a wonderful, beautiful thing really.

Loki
02-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Saucy? Bah ...

This ad does the trick for me:

GaMq_YOJ4TE

Except for the disappointing end. I don't find that funny at all. :(

Typical London club scene though. :p

rhiannon
02-09-2012, 10:36 AM
^ Fascinating display of generational change above, there! The old promiscuous no-rules 'who cares, get a life' generation, and my own generation which has to deal with the crap that the former has made of our public life.

- Hmm, I dare say huge numbers of Africans (of both Black and Berber-Arab varieties, equally unfit to live in European society) have a little more to do with those stats, though things like this advert are part of encouraging their worst behaviour...

Sure you're not referring to the boomers there? I'm an X'er:) Albeit, on the older side of it.....

billErobreren
02-09-2012, 10:44 AM
not the first tacky ass french ad I've seen & certainly not the worst, moving on:icon_rolleyes:

Heart of Oak
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
8dwR-F79MjU

Just some more...