PDA

View Full Version : How exactly do roosters fertilize eggs?

Lulletje Rozewater
05-02-2009, 02:27 PM
It is as simple as this: Roosters mount chickens and ejaculate semen in the cloaca. The chicken grasp this semen and store it in a warm pocket called seminal pouch.
The chicken releases the ovum from her ovaries into the Fallopian canal, the time the ovum is released she will ejaculate some of the stored semen in her oviduct, semen travel upwards towards the Fallopian duct and fertilize the ovum. The ovum is in the center of the yolk ( yellow substance), then it will travel down rolling along the oviduct being rapped with albumin ( the white) at the end of the duct calcium will accumulate and harden , then dropped into the cloaca and then out.
The chicken will not allow the rooster to mount her unless her semen storage is depleted. Also, if there are no roosters , chickens can lay infertile eggs, suitable only for boiling and scrambling, have one and give me the other, which one do you prefer.

To long-winded for me,I am just a cock.This is "Cloaca and Dagger stuff

Linebacker
09-12-2016, 06:04 PM
I think this thread deserves more credit

Sacrificed Ram
09-12-2016, 06:13 PM
In my country the old people say only eggs inseminated by cocks are healthy, industrial eggs without copula is low quality.