PDA

View Full Version : What was your most embarressing moment

Lulletje Rozewater
05-02-2009, 03:48 PM
How to get rid of bees the Boerseun way

My gardener,my son and I were thickly dressed. The dogs had their winter woollies on.
Day 1. 6pm. Poured Acid on the steel cabinet, the bees had their hive between the floor and the bottom of the cabinet,just outside(7 meter from) the front door.
We jumped into the 4x4 looking forward to the outcome.
Cabinet crumpled a bit,no bees coming out.

Day 2 ,6pm:torching.We attacked the cabinet with three blowtorches(Cadac),lots of acid fumes choked us,we stopped.
I am sure some bees must have died laughing.
An hour later we tried the fire extinguisher and about two hundred came out,which we sprayed with "Doom and Mortein" insecticide,we jumped again in the 4x4.
No further reaction.

Day3. 6pm. Water hose ready we threw burning news paper and burning tyre-strips around the cabinet with minimal result,other than diving back into the 4x4.
I realized that these bees needed a reprieve(we actually accepted defeat).
We now tried to safe them and to rid ourselves of the squatters.
Day4. 6pm Tied a rope around the cabinet,fastened it to the 4x4.
2nd gear and off we went,down the drive way into the next empty plot towards the squatters.

I have never seen such a spectacle.
Suddenly we had at least a cloud of 20.000 plus bees buzzing above and around the 4x4.
The squatters,seeing this crazy whitey and the cloud of bees, ran in all directions,their blankets covering them.
Back to my plot,the bees still chasing us.
My gardener opened the window to see what happened to the squatters.
The bees saw an opening and dived in.
Lucky we were very near to our swimming pool,rushed out the 4x4,which was still in the first gear,dived into the pool,10 dogs following too and held out breath for about 40 seconds.
Coming up we saw the cloud of bees above us and the 4x4 hitting the wall and coming to a stop.
We swam and dived for about 15 minutes.The dogs managed to flee out the pool into the house.
The bees had gone to the cabinet behind the 4x4.
We rushed into the house.
Did not go to bed,just listening for any buzzing.
The stings we treated with honey and apart from some bumps and some pain, no serious swellings or allergy reaction.

The next day my gardener and I went next door. In the Zulu language my gardener told the squatters to pack up and leave as the bees had smelled their body odor.
They picked up their meager belongings,jumped at the back of the 4x4 and I drove them to another squatter camp.

That evening I checked the cabinet,which by now looked like a heap of steel,trampled on by an elephant.
I could only see about 100/200 bees,which life I made difficult with smoke(burned the tall grass around the cabinet.

I have not seen the bees back.
I then picked up the pieces of honey comb and a heap of death bees,delivered them next door just in case the squatters would be back.

My loss: 7 stings,my gardener 9,my son 3, my dogs had 17 in all.
I paid the Vet $20 for the dogs.
The 4x4 was protected by a bull-bar(no damage),the wall needed repair.

Moral of the story:"Do not mess with African bees,get a bee-keeper to do the job

Frigga
05-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I have a lot of embarrassing moments. This is one that I think will make people laugh.

I used to work at a local deli when I was 17. When one of the women was cutting up a pineapple for fruit salad one day, the customer being helped saw Barbara cutting it up, and reminisced about being in the South Pacific during World War 2, and the freshly cut pineapples off of the trees there, and how good they were. I was smiling, and nodding, and then proceeded to say "Did you have a good time?" :eek: I was beet red from the shame of having to let him know that I didn't mean any offense to him, and that I knew about WWII, and how bad it was. I was so humilated. And it was in front of one of my co-workers too, and he didn't let me live it down the whole day.

Another time, I was working as a bagger, I was 19, and an older gentlemen came in with two boys aged around 11. I asked him if they were his grandchildren. :embarrassed I got a terse reply of "No, this one is my son" To make matters even worse, I floundered about and attempted to recover my footing by saying "I'm sorry, I'm just used to seeing parents that are younger" D'OH!!! He got even more pissed!

There's more. A lot more. But I'll leave it at this for now! :D

Tabiti
05-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Sure most moments I was drunk :D

Barreldriver
05-02-2009, 04:27 PM
My most embarrassing moment was the multiple occasions where I was lead on by women and when I pursue a relationship they turn around and say it was all a prank that they were put up to by their friends. So basically my whole junior and senior years of highschool was one large embarrassing moment. :D

Gooding
05-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Especially in my younger days.I would get drunk and vomit during keg parties, I'd run out of cigarettes and beg from others, I'd hit on girls who wanted nothing to do with me..truly, the most embarrassing thing I can think of at the moment was when my daughter and I visited a church and she vomited in the nursery, or when I got married, I rotated the wrong way toward the altar.:rolleyes:

Vargtand
05-02-2009, 05:17 PM
And you honestly expect me to tell about that when it causes embarrassment just to be a memory? wow you're loony :P (j/k)

Tabiti
05-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Especially in my younger days.I would get drunk and vomit during keg parties, I'd run out of cigarettes and beg from others, I'd hit on girls who wanted nothing to do with me..truly, the most embarrassing thing I can think of at the moment was when my daughter and I visited a church and she vomited in the nursery, or when I got married, I rotated the wrong way toward the altar.:rolleyes:
Oh, vomiting on public places...oh sweet teen years :D

Lady L
05-02-2009, 05:37 PM

Speaking of vomiting in public places and teen years :p I went to a carnival with a friend and we went from one round and round ride to the next, I had also ate previously :D And, well, I can't really remember what the ride was now but it went in rounds and there was this greasy guy running it, as usual :D and I begin to puke hysterically over to my right, and when my friend saw and heard me, she began to puke as well :cool: All this happening while the ride is still going and me reaching out asking him to stop it. It was sooooooooo embarrassing!!! :thumbs up :D

Inese
05-02-2009, 05:42 PM
One embarassing moment was in school last year when we had a lesson in PC room to learn use Word and other programs!! It was afternoon and the course has only 13 pupils and in the course was a a other girl of the parallel class ---- she dislikes me and i dislike her!! It has many reasons i will not list them now , lol!! :cool: Most pupils were not in school but at home at the time. Before the lesson started the complete wing was cleaned by the cleaners and the toilets too. I had to go to toilet after a little time and had to switch my tampon.....:rolleyes2: As always i threw it in to the toilet and pushed the trigger. My error was that i did not look after pushing if it is flush away!! :coffee: I went back to the class and started to make the work again. Some minutes later the stupid cow asked if she can go to toilet too!! I have thought nothing but after a little time she came back , opened the door and called loudly trough the whole room " Ineseee why you use the toilet to throw away tampons , it is forbidden in school rules dont you know thaaat??!!!! Ihhhhhh" :icon_redface::yuck:All looked at me and some laughed loud and the teacher asked me if it is true blah blah. I was getting red and i had feelings in my mind that i could scratch her complete face of anger!! :mad::mad:

Really she loved to exploit my mistake to mock me. But okay it will not happen again that is sure!! :angel

Tabiti
05-02-2009, 05:47 PM
One embarassing moment was in school last year when we had a lesson in PC room to learn use Word and other programs!! It was afternoon and the course has only 13 pupils and in the course was a a other girl of the parallel class ---- she dislikes me and i dislike her!! It has many reasons i will not list them now , lol!! :cool: Most pupils were not in school but at home at the time. Before the lesson started the complete wing was cleaned by the cleaners and the toilets too. I had to go to toilet after a little time and had to switch my tampon.....:rolleyes2: As always i threw it in to the toilet and pushed the trigger. My error was that i did not look after pushing if it is flush away!! :coffee: I went back to the class and started to make the work again. Some minutes later the stupid cow asked if she can go to toilet too!! I have thought nothing but after a little time she came back , opened the door and called loudly trough the whole room " Ineseee why you use the toilet to throw away tampons , it is forbidden in school rules dont you know thaaat??!!!! Ihhhhhh" :icon_redface::yuck:All looked at me and some laughed loud and the teacher asked me if it is true blah blah. I was getting red and i had feelings in my mind that i could scratch her complete face of anger!! :mad::mad:

Really she loved to exploit my mistake to mock me. But okay it will not happen again that is sure!! :angel
That remind me of one time I vomited in school (wasn't drunk, just stressed from a math test and ill). I couldn't reach the toilets and vomited on the space between hand-basins and toilet doors. Hopefully noone saw me and I rushed out in the fastest way :D

Lulletje Rozewater
05-02-2009, 06:03 PM
And you honestly expect me to tell about that when it causes embarrassment just to be a memory? wow you're loony :P (j/k)

Loony?????????? darn right I was with this one.

I invited a number of family members to visit an Elephant park.
They had 6 trained Elephants,which you could hug-cuddle-sit on-give food-and play with its trunk.
After all the hugging and kissing the Elephants were sent to a playground for them to eat and drink.
I was taking a video and through the lens I saw a male starting to get an erection.
Quickly I asked the attendant for a shot at the trunk below.
Oke, he said ,but you must approach the elephant from the front and creep underneath it for a close-up shot.
I did according to what he said.
While wiggling for the right position I suddenly saw the Elephant doing a pee.
What?????
A pee,no ways, it was the Niagara falls hitting me for a six.
The Elephant then took a few steps forward and let loose of his foliage from the previous day.
Shaken and wet and full of poop I crept from underneath the Elephant.
If that was not all, the crowd roared with laughter:"Hey,Mr,no need for you to foliate your video.
Arriving at home they pestered me for a week with the nick-name Mr Foliant.
Moral: Even animals are proud of their "utensils"

Absinthe
05-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Here's a really simple & everyday moment, yet *most* embarrassing and hilarious :clap:

My boyfriend was working on a really significant proposal that would earn him thousands of euros, if he got the job (installation of alarm systems in a company).

He was polishing it for days, and then one morning he called me up at work and told me they are pressuring him to deliver the proposal earlier, so he asked me to mail it to them (I had the .doc file on my flash disk).

I thought of setting up a separate Yahoo! mail account, one that bears resemblance to his name because I thought it would look unprofessional if I sent it from mine (my name).

So I chose a username that consisted of the initial of his first name along with his surname. In the next step, Yahoo asks you to give your personal information (name, address, age, etc).

I have never, ever given my true information to Yahoo! so I went about choosing the fake name "Noneofyourfuckin Business" :D and filled in the rest of the form with bogus information.

And alas!! I was supposed to change that after the account was created, and put his real name as sender name. But I forgot to do it and I sent the mail anyway! :D So the people received the proposal as coming from "Noneofyourfuckin Business" :eek:

As soon as I realized what I did, I was petrified :eek: I bit my lips, slapped my forehead and panicked because if I told him he would kill me!!

I didn't know what to do, I contacted my friends and asked for advice, and in the end we concluded it is best I resend the mail under his real name, and pray to Gods they don't make a fuss about it.

It turns out, either they didn't notice it or their spam filter blocked it, because they didn't mention anything to him, plus, he got the job :thumbs

But imagine my embarrassment if he would find out what a goof I am... :o

Tabiti
05-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Another one:
At my 18th birthday I had just met with my bf, so I went out to celebrate with him. My mother has special opinion about the men I should be with, so I decided not to tell her for good (and I wasn't wrong). So, I told her I was going to be with one of my girlfriends, for whom I thought she isn't in the city right now, so there is no chance of calling me home. So, guess what - at one moment my mother (mad) is ringing "(name) called to wish you happy birthday". I said "Alright" and tuned off my phone...You can imagine what was the atmosphere when I came back home later...
Moral: Ever worn your friends when you are using them as excuse :D

Last summer, we got drunk with my man and called home to "make a friendly conversation" with my parents at 3 AM. Disaster :D

Barreldriver
05-02-2009, 06:36 PM

I can relate to that first bit, I typically drink alone, but the one instance where I was at a party I was out of control, I did things that I normally would not do, and made an ass of myself, women + alcohol = yikes for me.

I can sort of relate to the church spiel as well. When I was 16, I was having issues religious wise and the church (trying to preserve my interest) wanted me to usher, I fucked up royally, stood in the wrong spot by the alter, fucked up during the prayer, and whatnot, real embarrassing especially considering I had no real interest in the church lol.

And being drunk in school that was interesting, Junior year I doubled as a vocational student and HS student (Senior year I was full time vocational), when my vocational training was over I had 2 hrs before I had to go to the high school, I would typically go and grab a few drinks with some friends during that time, one day I over did it, had a bottle of wine, a few beers, and some scotch, had to sign in at the front desk, nearly hurled over the secretary, held it in though lol, played it off like I had a stomach ache, then I had to go to English class looool that was fun, the instructor new I was drunk and made me read 5 pages out of my literature book in front of the class, I slurred ever damn word for 5 pages, the instructor called me out and said, I'll let this slide just this once, come into my class intoxicated again and I'll have you expelled. Quite embarrassing, the class never let me hear the end of it.

Then there's the time where my spitter broke in the cafeteria, that's another story, lets just say good thing I was a high school athlete and my coaches were monitoring the cafe that day lol.

Vulpix
05-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I once vomited water on a train :D! :p

Elveon
05-02-2009, 10:21 PM
When my mother-in-law invited me to a BBQ:D

Eldritch
05-03-2009, 06:24 AM

Try throwing up on a night bus. A crowded one. On your best friend's girlfriend. :rolleyes:

Rainraven
05-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Try throwing up on a night bus. A crowded one. On your best friend's girlfriend. :rolleyes:

How about on your boyfriends duvet and all over your lap. Then having his parents come clean you up :redface_002:

Tabiti
05-03-2009, 09:23 AM
How about on your boyfriends duvet and all over your lap. Then having his parents come clean you up :redface_002:
His mother even offered me a medicine against hang-over once:D
Not that I'd vomited on inappropriate places, she just saw me how drunk was I:rolleyes2:
But she is nice person:D