PDA

View Full Version : The Hammer Project

Psychonaut
05-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Here is a petition being put forth by the Asatru Folk Assembly to the Department of Veterans Affairs. The purpose of the petition is to allow Heathen veterans to have Thor's hammer engraved on their military headstones. If you in any way support this, please sign the petition (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/hammerproject).

Óttar
05-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Signed.

Beorn
05-02-2009, 09:30 PM
You'd think the choice would be the servicemen's? Ah well, signed :thumbs up

Jägerstaffel
05-02-2009, 09:33 PM
I signed as well. And now after reading the petition; I know all of your real names! Haha.

Get ready to be prank called late at night after I find ya in the phone books!
Kidding.

Elveon
05-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Done

Rasvalg
05-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Right On Signed

Barreldriver
05-02-2009, 10:07 PM
signed :D

Gooding
05-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Read and duly signed.Right after I signed up for the Brights and the Secular Coalition.Thanks, Thorum! :D

Manifest Destiny
05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
I found out about this the other day. I signed it and started a thread about it at a gun web site that I post at. So far, 15-20 people have acknowledged signing it (and, possibly, some people signed without posting so in the thread) and one guy is forwarding it to people he knows.

The Lawspeaker
05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Signed.

Tabiti
05-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Hmm, I'll sign but aren't runes Algiz and upturned Algiz (Death Rune) more proper for the case?

Galloglaich
05-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks for posting this Psychonaut. It's a worthy endeavor. I signed as well. When my wife gets home, I'm sure she will sign too.

Groenewolf
05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Signed.

Psychonaut
05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Hmm, I'll sign but aren't runes Algiz and upturned Algiz (Death Rune) more proper for the case?

It would certainly be appropriate to place those before the birth and death dates (as was done in certain parts of Germany during Guido von List's day), but the Thor's hammer would go in place of the cross in this picture:

http://www.veteranmemorials.us/images/stone_glasses.jpg

Heimmacht
05-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Signed it.

Osweo
05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
The 'Wiccan pentangle' is allowed?!? Christ Almighty! Thor's Hammer is actually a real symbol of a real religion!

Odd that non-citizens can sign. Will they pay much attention to that?

Thorum
05-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Signed.

Psychonaut
05-06-2009, 06:26 PM
The 'Wiccan pentangle' is allowed?!? Christ Almighty! Thor's Hammer is actually a real symbol of a real religion!

It's sad, I know. For a while, the wife and I were trying to get some space allotted to us by the post chaplain for the purpose of forming a Heathen study group. Apparently, since Wicca is the "closest" thing to Heathenry (in the eyes of the military), one of us would've had to go through a Wiccan clergy course before they could give us the space.

I'm not sure. It's probably one of those things where we're looking to get a certain number of petitions so that it'll register on the federal radar.

The Lawspeaker
05-06-2009, 06:27 PM

Err sorry. I am a Wiccan and I think that Wiccan is definitely a religion. Not all Wiccans view it that way though.

Osweo
05-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Err sorry. I am a Wiccan and I think that Wiccan is definitely a religion. Not all Wiccans view it that way though.

I have a very low impression of this movement, merely from the fact that it calls itself by such a name and uses such a symbol. Can you persuade me to think otherwise? Is there a thread knocking around here or on Skadi that would do the job?

The Lawspeaker
05-06-2009, 07:05 PM
I have a very low impression of this movement, merely from the fact that it calls itself by such a name and uses such a symbol. Can you persuade me to think otherwise? Is there a thread knocking around here or on Skadi that would do the job?
I don't know but I share your low impression of the movement. Hence the reason why I am no longer involved with covens and I am re-discovering my spirituality on my own and in nature and our heritage (I never believed in the "magical" stuff- only in the "fact" that nature is magical in itself).

Far too many fluffbunnies in the movement.. if it can be called one since there is no real "church".

Osweo
05-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't know but I share your low impression of the movement. Hence the reason why I am no longer involved with covens and I am re-discovering my spirituality on my own and in nature and our heritage (I never believed in the "magical" stuff- only in the "fact" that nature is magical in itself).

Far too fluffbunnies in the movement.. if it can be called one since there is no real "church".

If that's so, why do you still use the term to identify yourself? Sounds like you shouldn't really use any too defining term at all. You seem to have the same general attitude to spirituality I have, near enough.

The Lawspeaker
05-06-2009, 07:33 PM
If that's so, why do you still use the term to identify yourself. Sounds like you shouldn't really use any too defining term at all. You seem to have the same general attitude to spirituality I have, near enough.
It is because of Wicca that I became interested in the pagan ways. I still more or less believe the same things (although I am getting more and more focused on both meditation and something that could be close to a kind of blood & soil) but I do not adhere to any movement anymore. But then again- perhaps it would be better to describe my spiritual attitude as Gods, Nature and Tradition..

Osweo
05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Would you want a pentangle on your grave if you fell in battle? I haven't the faintest idea, myself. Maybe nothing!

What way up is it, the pentagram, anyroad?

Off topic, this may amuse, I saw it the other day in Derbyshire:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/665/20090429apr0017e.jpg

The Lawspeaker
05-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Would you want a pentangle on your grave if you fell in battle? I haven't the faintest idea, myself. Maybe nothing! I am not sure yet- never really thought of it. Now that I know that there were other, more traditional, symbols I would prefer to have something heathen instead.

I guess that I would go for the Algiz.

Ladejarlen
05-08-2009, 05:11 AM
I was tipsed on facebook, I have signed aswell

Birka
05-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I signed. Hope it works out. Keep us informed.

CelticTemplar
12-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Signed, with pleasure.