PDA

View Full Version : Andorra in Eurovision

Comte Arnau
02-10-2012, 06:37 PM
As there are no sections for Andorra, I put it here. :D

Andorra is not going to participate again in Eurovision (the country has even left the European Broadcasting Union), which means that my language is not going to be heard in the Eurovision festival again. :( So I'm leaving here the six entries of the country's short history in the festival as a sort of little homage. :)

1. The first one, 2004, Andorran Marta Roure and her Jugarem a estimar-nos (We'll play at loving each other). The one recalled more tenderly.

9JDvhww0vjw

2. 2005. A Dutch woman living in Andorra, Marian van de Wal, sings La mirada interior (The Inner Glance), backed by vocals from Spanish Anabel Conde (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabel_Conde). Regarded by some as the best but riskiest of the six.

YzosTNzuvak

3. 2006. An Asturian living in Andorra, Jennifer Serrano (Jenny), sings jazzy Sense tu (Without you). The one with the fewer votes of the six entries.

WSc_RWT-EJc

4. 2007. Andorra changes of style: a "pop-punk" male band instead of a female solo, and both Catalan and English instead of only Catalan. Anonymous sing Salvem el món (Let's save the world). Of all Andorran entries this is the one which received a higher number of votes.

VmiV8bbNjQo

5. 2008. A solo girl again. This time it was a Catalan singer from the Spanish Idol show, Gisela, singing Casanova in English with only one line in Catalan. This sugary girl always lives in a Disneyish world of her own...

t32IK0T3aXk

6. 2009. The last entry, La teva decisió (Get a Life) was performed by a Danish singer living in Andorra, Susanne Georgi. The song was half in Catalan and English.

6zukfWaIggY

This girl had been one of the members of the Euro-bubblegum dance duo Me & My, who had had a hit around Europe in the middle 90's called Dub-I-Dub.

XTjJ2_P5P4U

perikolez
02-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Anonimous are the best by far. If they had gone representing Spain, they would have been between the best 10, but acting for Andorra was imposible to clasify to the final .

Comte Arnau
02-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Anonimous are the best by far. If they had gone representing Spain, they would have been between the best 10, but acting for Andorra was imposible to clasify to the final .

Andorra has realised after six years that it is impossible for them to simply pass to the final stage, no matter the song, because Andorra has no neighbours. Since the enlargement to the East, there hasn't been a winner from Latin/SW Europe in more than 20 years. It was a waste of money.

Spain is there because it is one of the Big Four, now Big Five with the return of Italy. Otherwise it wouldn't have classified every two years.

Damiăo de Góis
02-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Andorra won't loose anything either way. The Eurovision is only for english songs. The last time a non-english song won was in 91:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/29d7b05.jpg

I think all countries should leave and let UK, Ireland and english singing scandinavians compete with each other :D

Comte Arnau
02-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Andorra won't loose anything either way. The Eurovision is only for english songs. The last time a non-english song won was in 91:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/29d7b05.jpg

I think all countries should leave and let UK, Ireland and english singing scandinavians compete with each other :D

Well, I think Diva and Molitva were in Hebrew and Serbian, but yes, more than 95% have been in English in the last 20 years.

They should change it all again. Not allow singers who were not from the country, and allow songs in English only for the UK. :p