PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Slavonic country/nation?

Stegura
02-14-2012, 03:26 AM
What is your favorite Slavonic country/nation?

Stegura
02-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Crap! Can a Moderator please make all votes public, I forgot too!

Gaztelu
02-14-2012, 03:36 AM
Monteniggers = The best of the Serbs

I am not even joking, they are the best.

Mortimer
02-14-2012, 03:36 AM
Serbia of course, i was born there.

StonyArabia
02-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Serbia that nation was victim of imperialist aggression and demonization and they way they fought and were brave to keep their identity and not to fall into the American neo-con NATO trap is more than one could admire about them. As well they were victims of depleted uranium sadly.

Midori
02-14-2012, 03:42 AM
Ukraine and Belarus.

RagnarLodbrok666
02-14-2012, 03:45 AM
Hungary

It has a rich archeological and pagan history, a rich military history, great people of Slavo-Scythian stock.

Poland

Slavo-Germanic culture and beautiful Slavo-Germanic women. :)
Pilsner urquell. :)

Stegura
02-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Hungary

It has a rich archeological and pagan history, a rich military history, great people of Slavo-Scythian stock.

Hungarians aren't Slavs, altough they did assimilate lots of Slavic blood.

Poland

Slavo-Germanic culture and beautiful Slavo-Germanic women. :)

Yes Polish women are beautiful! :)

3Kn_v2czCaY

Pilsner urquell. :)

Thats Czech beer! ;)

Phil75231
02-14-2012, 04:20 AM
This was a hard one, for I don't have any real emotional stake in any Slavic country (practically assured there is no Slavic blood in my veins that I'm aware of - at least as of the last 300 yrs, and probably at least the last 600 as well).

In the end, I voted the Czech Republic because during the interwar years, it (when it was part of Czechoslovakia) was the only democracy in Central Europe, up until Hitler's occupation of it in '39. It was also the last nation liberated by the USSR to turn Communist. All and all, they seem to be the most dedicated to democracy and human rights, plus have the right combination of factors to make it the wealthiest of the former communist nations (with the possible exception of Slovenia). So "Czhekia", my vote's for you.

Lithium
02-14-2012, 04:26 AM
Besides my own country of course, I love Polska. I have been there several times and I just love it. We are related in a strange and funny way, some of my best memories are from there.

Joe McCarthy
02-14-2012, 04:47 AM
Poland. A brave nation that resisted both fascism and Marxism and led the way in bringing down the Communist Bloc. They're now an especially close American ally and their immigrants here have probably assimilated better than an English speaking population, the Irish.

I also admire Sobieski.

The Czech Republic comes in second because of their generally Western outlook.

European Loyalist
02-14-2012, 04:51 AM
Czech Republic and Poland.

Slovenia as well.

Joe McCarthy
02-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Serbia that nation was victim of imperialist aggression and demonization and they way they fought and were brave to keep their identity and not to fall into the American neo-con NATO trap is more than one could admire about them. As well they were victims of depleted uranium sadly.

There are reasons to admire the Serbs, but even few of them are really proud of their chainsaw tactics in the 90s. Admiring a people for getting bombed by the US for massacring people is just cockeyed.

Chronos
02-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Poland. A brave nation that resisted both fascism and Marxism and led the way in bringing down the Communist Bloc. They're now an especially close American ally and their immigrants here have probably assimilated better than an English speaking population, the Irish.

I also admire Sobieski.

The Czech Republic comes in second because of their generally Western outlook.

So, basically, the only reason these two are your favorites is because they are/possess

A) "Western" (outlook)
B) American allies

?

*starts to giggle a bit, under his breath*

Joe McCarthy
02-14-2012, 05:51 AM
So, basically, the only reason these two are your favorites is because they are/possess

A) "Western" (outlook)
B) American allies

?

*starts to giggle a bit, under his breath*

Not the only reasons, but I do tend to like people that like the US and dislike people that don't.

Really silly of an American to think that way I know. :rolleyes:

Drawing-slim
02-14-2012, 07:59 AM
I voted poland, strictly based on people i've met they seem to be very western and reasonable likable people, tolerant and easy going.

Adrian
02-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Slovenia.

Educated and hardworking people.
They are the best example to be followed from each people/country of former YU.

Trun
02-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Bulgaria of course, after that Ukraine and Croatia.

Flintlocke
02-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Poland. I haven't met people from other Slavic countries. Polaks are good katunars :)

Mordid
02-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Slavic Europe is very interesting and it's hard to choose just one country. Russia is well known and already has many votes, so I will say Bulgaria, Serbia, Poland and Slovakia.

Let's get drunk and screw :drink :icon_drunk:

Flintlocke
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Also after watching Ogniem i Mieczem I say Poland was the coolest country even back in the day.

http://getasword.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Polish-Winged-Hussar-modern.jpg
http://image.absoluteastronomy.com/images/encyclopediaimages/i/ir/irp.jpg

Eldritch
02-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Crap! Can a Moderator please make all votes public, I forgot too!

Unfortunately that cannot be done anymore once the poll has been posted.

What I can do is delete the poll altogether to allow you to start over, if you want me to.

Anyway, my vote would be a tie between Poland and the Czech Rep. Never visited either country, but would very much like to one day.

There aren't any Slavic countries/peoples that I especially dislike either, not even Russia, despite our somewhat less-than-idyllic shared history with them.

Mordid
02-14-2012, 11:31 AM

What I can do is delete the poll altogether to allow you to start over, if you want me to.

Anyway, my vote would be a tie between Poland and the Czech Rep. Never visited either country, but would very much like to one day.

There aren't any Slavic countries/peoples that I especially dislike either, not even Russia, despite our somewhat less-than-idyllic shared history with them.
let's get drunk and screw!!!

Lisa
02-14-2012, 11:57 AM

Less than idyllic shared history - are you kidding? You would prefer to be a Swedish province today? It's just amazing ingratitude - I can not understand it!

billErobreren
02-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Czech Republic:nod: though Poland is a close second!

mymy
02-14-2012, 12:03 PM
I think i love them all. But i have special feelings toward Western Slavs... Although i am realizing Eastern aren't that bad. And Southern are my people, so... Well, i love them all. :D

safinator
02-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Polacks, good memories IRL.

Eldritch
02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Less than idyllic shared history - are you kidding? You would prefer to be a Swedish province today? It's just amazing ingratitude - I can not understand it!

So you are saying that the history between Finland and Russia is idyllic. Very well.

Geronimo
02-14-2012, 12:25 PM

I think you owe an apology to Nero, MISTER. Now, how can you be so impertinent, ungrateful and simply oblivious to all the good things that happened to your country :confused: :)

I comand you to kneel and beg pardon, more than that you should offically thank Russia (Nero in particular) for freeing you of swedish occupation ;)

You ... ungrateful you :wink

Lisa
02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
I think you owe an apology to Nero, MISTER. Now, how can you be so impertinent, ungrateful and simply oblivious to all the good things that happened to your country :confused: :)

I comand you to kneel and beg pardon, more than that you should offically thank Russia (Nero in particular) for freeing you of swedish occupation ;)

You ... ungrateful you :wink

You do not know the history of Finland... You do not know what Helsingfors was a small town with one stone house ...
But i think you know Helsinki - the capital of the Grand Duchy of Finland, part of the Russian Empire... Today, the capital of an independent Finland.

Lisa
02-14-2012, 12:51 PM
So you are saying that the history between Finland and Russia is idyllic. Very well.

You will always remember the Winter War?

Eldritch
02-14-2012, 12:53 PM

Um, are you suggesting we forget it?

Lisa
02-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Um, are you suggesting we forget it?

You remember only one bad episode - and forget a lot of good .

Eldritch
02-14-2012, 01:04 PM
You remember only one bad episode - and forget a lot of good .

I haven't forgotten. To say that our shared history with Russia is less than 100% perfect is not to deny whatever positive things there are about it.

beaver
02-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Soviet troops broke through line, prepared by Russian general Mannergame for about 20 years, in winter. Nobody could do such things before and after. Nether.

hajduk
02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Yugoslavia
CveV6eWMMqQ

Geminus
02-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Despite all the conflicts in the last century I somehow like Russia. I hope Germany and Russia can cooperate well in the future, as they did further in the past.

beaver
02-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Despite all the conflicts in the last century I somehow like Russia. I hope Germany and Russia can cooperate well in the future, as they did further in the past.
Both have serious system problems, different but great in the both cases.

Joe McCarthy
02-14-2012, 02:18 PM

Just don't cooperate too closely:

http://www.terpsboy.com/blogger9/stalin-ribbentrop.jpg

Geminus
02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Just don't cooperate too closely

Well, maybe you're familiar with the term "Rapallo-complex" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Rapallo_(1922)), the fear of other European nations about Germany and Russia cooperating too closely...

пустиняк
02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Serbia of course what a stupid question.

Joe McCarthy
02-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, maybe you're familiar with the term "Rapallo-complex" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Rapallo_(1922), the fear of other European nations about Germany and Russia cooperating too closely...

It also underpins the fears of American Atlanticists. :)

http://www.nato.int/docu/review/1993/9302-4.htm

And then there is the memory of the past which, particularly in the case of Germany's allies, continues to raise the question of German-Russian relations. These memories may seem anachronistic from a German viewpoint, but they do exist and perceptions influence policy. For some Western observers, these relations are all linked to the so-called 'Rapallo Complex'. It was on 16 April 1922 in Rapallo that, to the surprise of the Western powers, the German Reich and Soviet Russia, the two losers of the First World War, signed treaties on such vital issues as reparations and pre-war debts. Contrary to some of the opinions expressed even to this day, no secret military alliance was agreed upon and there were no secret discussions on a joint attack on Poland. From a Western perspective, however, the secret supplementary accord in the Hitler-Stalin Pact of 23 August 1939 seemed, once it became known, to justify the existence of the 'Rapallo Complex'. This then became a preoccupation of the Western media, particularly in France, most recently on the occasion of the July 1990 German-Soviet Summit meeting of Chancellor Kohl and President Gorbachev in the Caucasus. It would seem reasonable to suppose that, in future, the new Germany's contacts with Russia will be viewed even more closely from this historical perspective than was the case with the contacts established by the old Germany with the Soviet Union.

hajduk
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Бугари и Срби прославе заједно за мир на балкану
http://agenciq.net/images/stories/ZNAMENA.jpg
http://agenciq.net/images/stories/2209_subor_01.jpg
http://94.156.102.47/uploads/news_images/200809/photo_verybig_289603.jpg

beaver
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
It also underpins the fears of American Atlanticists.
even without any crafty Atlanticists, Germany loses it indusrty everyday (to China), Russia is degradating because of the high oil prices. Two idiotic countries in the perspective of 10 years.

Sally
02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Poland, of course. :thumb001:

Zakopane, Duszniki-Zdrój and Szczecin are really beautiful cities.

Zephyr
02-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Estonia, Portugal and Croatia.

safinator
02-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Estonia, Portugal and Croatia.
You searching shit it seems :D

Siegfried
02-14-2012, 09:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Flag_of_Romania.svg

Mordid
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
You searching shit it seems :D
Don't you know? Estonians and Portuguese are privately Slavic, doooohhhhh... http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/smilies/suomut.gif

GeistFaust
02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
I like the more Western Slavic groups like the Czechs for instance, they seem to have adapted a lot of Germanic culture and even mixed in to some extent with Germans. Hungarians are another interesting group since they integrated with a Germanic nation in Austria, and assimilated some Germanic cultural and ethnic identities, though small.

Poland probably has to come third, especially the ones that were Germanicized in Prussia. A lot of the Prussian nobles were Germanicized nobles, and you can see that in names like Fransecky.

Germanicized Slavs made for a nice hybrid blend to some extent, and the Germanic component always seemed to dominate in a cultural, psychological, and even ethnic manner.

The Poles also were not as uncultured as some people like to make them out to be, but they were probably not as cultured compared with places like Germany and France.

There are a lot of things that could be said about the Poles regarding their position between Germany and Russia making them unlucky. Polish food is also pretty good, and a lot of the more Western Slavic nations mirror parts of the Germanic world, especially the more Eastern parts a bit more.

safinator
02-14-2012, 09:31 PM
I like the more Western Slavic groups like the Czechs for instance, they seem to have adapted a lot of Germanic culture and even mixed in to some extent with Germans. Hungarians are another interesting group since they integrated with a Germanic nation in Austria, and assimilated some Germanic cultural and ethnic identities, though small.

Poland probably has to come third, especially the ones that were Germanicized in Prussia. A lot of the Prussian nobles were Germanicized nobles, and you can see that in names like Fransecky.

Germanicized Slavs made for a nice hybrid blend to some extent, and the Germanic component always seemed to dominate in a cultural, psychological, and even ethnic manner.

The Poles also were not as uncultured as some people like to make them out to be, but they were probably not as cultured compared with places like Germany and France.

There are a lot of things that could be said about the Poles regarding their position between Germany and Russia making them unlucky. Polish food is also pretty good, and a lot of the more Western Slavic nations mirror parts of the Germanic world, especially the more Eastern parts a bit more.
So basically all the good of the Slavic world come from Ubermenschen Germanics :D

Mordid
02-14-2012, 09:32 PM

You are full of shit, mate. :rolleyes:

GeistFaust
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
So basically all the good of the Slavic world come from Ubermenschen Germanics :D

I would not entirely say that, but it seems like their cultural and ethnic identities helped to curb the Slavs, discipline them, and imbue a sense of culture into them. I think the Slavs have a rather naturalistic spirit, which revolves around an adventurous warrior type archetype much like the Germanics.

I just think this spirit was probably less cultured and disciplined than the Germanic spirit, but it depends on your perspective as to whether this is a good or bad thing.

Also a lot of Slavic music is interesting, and it has upbeat quality to it at times, which seems like it is in a "transitory" stage between a European world and a Non-European world to the East. I just like more Western Slavs, because they align more with my background overall, and given the fact I come with a more Western mentality.

Thunor
02-14-2012, 09:36 PM
I voted Russia. Just because of their classical music and culture. Good-looking women as well. As a kid during the Cold War, I was always fascinated with "the enemy". :P

The Czechs are interesting too, they seem more German in their culture than typically "Slavic".

GeistFaust
02-14-2012, 09:40 PM
You are full of shit, mate. :rolleyes:

I said good things about the Polish culture, and Poland was noble in a way for attempting to mimic the English system of constitutionalism. Unfortunately for them that was just not a feasible plan stuck in between Prussia, Austria, and Russia.

I also did not like that they reduced their national identity not an ethnic status, but more to a linguistic or cultural level. The political schemework of the Polish in that period after the Medieval periods mimicked that of the Iranic peoples in a way, with their emphasis on putting the ethnic elite(Polish) on top, and having a vast plethora of types in the lower castes.

Poland played a big part in stopping the Muslims from invading Europe with the famed Winged Hussars, so the most underrated Slavs could be said to be the Poles. ;)

GeistFaust
02-14-2012, 09:42 PM
I voted Russia. Just because of their classical music and culture. Good-looking women as well. As a kid during the Cold War, I was always fascinated with "the enemy". :P

The Czechs are interesting too, they seem more German in their culture than typically "Slavic".

Many people forget that a large part of the early Russian culture was heavily influenced by more Western ideas coming out of Germany and the Renaissance movement in Italy.

Catherine the Great herself was a German, and there were quite a few great "Russian" generals who were of German descent.

It seems like there culture overall though was mixed by a combination of many components, but the cultural elites at points were from more Western sources, especially Germanic countries like Germany and Sweden.(Romonav-Holstein(Germanic component right here)

Thunor
02-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Many people forget that a large part of the early Russian culture was heavily influenced by more Western ideas coming out of Germany and the Renaissance movement in Italy.
Indeed, I read somewhere that French was the spoken language at the Russian court at one point, and later it was German. I can't remember when the Russian Tsars started speaking the same language as their peasant class, but it was pretty late.

Catherine the Great herself was a Russian, and there were quite a few great "Russian" generals who were of German descent.
Peter the Great was a Russian. Catherine the Great was actually a German. (The Romanovs were basically Germanic by the end, although they didn't view themselves as anything else than Russian.)

Thunor
02-15-2012, 03:17 AM
Also, the Russian empire used to be pretty multi-ethnic (which Russia still is today), and some groups played big roles. For example, the German minority often had powerful positions.

GeistFaust
02-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Also, the Russian empire used to be pretty multi-ethnic (which Russia still is today), and some groups played big roles. For example, the German minority often had powerful positions.

The Volga Germans did play a big role in Russian society, and a lot of German aristocrats were taken into the Russian army at points.

The German nobles and aristocrats seem to have been rather powerful throughout large sections of Eastern Europe, where you basically had German elites running large sections of the area.

The Germans put more emphasis on expanding their power within the continent unlike the other powers like the French, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, and English.

Joe McCarthy
02-15-2012, 03:47 AM

Unfortunately your admiration for Russia is not typically shared by Russians for us.

That enemy was on high alert to nuke us several times.

I too share the liking for Russian High Culture though.

rashka
02-15-2012, 04:28 AM
I love most slavic countries like Russia, Poland, Slovakia, Serbia, Half of Bosnia :tongue etc.. They are like cousins to each other.

Slovakia produces some of the greatest hockey players in the world.

Slavic Europe is very interesting and it's hard to choose just one country. Russia is well known and already has many votes, so I will say Bulgaria, Serbia, Poland and Slovakia.

Let's get drunk and screw :drink :icon_drunk:

We know you picked Poland.

Zephyr
02-15-2012, 04:34 AM
Macedonia je Forever Alonevic

beaver
02-15-2012, 05:55 AM
every European country got scinces and culture from Greece and Italy. All Europe actually is a big Rome.

The Volga Germans did play a big role in Russian society, and a lot of German aristocrats were taken into the Russian army at points.

The Volga Germans were farmers. German officiers in the Army were mainly Baltic barons (from Russian territories) and they got to the Army automatically like noblemen from Ryazan e.g. But earlier many officiers came from all Europe, yes.

I dont vote here, opinions of non-Slavic posters would be more interesting IMHO.

пустиняк
02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Now serious from Slavic countries I like most Russians I mean they always were our brothers although Russia's politic wasn't the same. Thousands of Russians died for our freedom. Thank you from Bulgarian people !!!

Peyrol
02-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Poland, Serbia, Russia and Bulgaria.

Mordid
02-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Poland, Serbia, Russia and Bulgaria.
North Italy je simply Nordic.

poiuytrewq0987
02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Aside from the obvious Balkan axis of evil, I like Belarus. Visited it in 2009, awesome country and people. Great traditional food as well, very tasty.

Hevneren
02-15-2012, 11:48 AM
What happened to Romania, Moldova, Latvia and Lithuania in the poll?

Anyway, of the poll options I suppose Poland stands out because of their valiant effort in fighting Nazism during WWII. They also have pretty girls. :)

rhiannon
02-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Poland or Slovakia.
In medical school, I lived with a Slovakian roommate for one year.....she was fascinating!

Peyrol
02-15-2012, 02:25 PM

Anyway, of the poll options I suppose Poland stands out because of their valiant effort in fighting Nazism during WWII. They also have pretty girls. :)

Romania isn't a slavic country. Same for Moldova.

Neanderthal
02-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Please, don't make me chose. :rolleyes:

W. R.
02-15-2012, 02:44 PM
What happened to Romania, Moldova, Latvia and Lithuania in the poll?Why aren't you asking about Estonia? I'd consider voting for them.

For now I vote for Kashubia:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2e/Kaszuby_-_grupy_lokalne.png/607px-Kaszuby_-_grupy_lokalne.png

Hevneren
02-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Romania isn't a slavic country. Same for Moldova.

Perhaps not linguistically, but it's my impression that they are Slavic culturally. Maybe I'm wrong?

Pallantides
02-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Latvians and Lithuanians are Balts.

Swedenfighter88
02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Voted for russia as there wasnt an ancient rus option

Swedenfighter88
02-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Perhaps not linguistically, but it's my impression that they are Slavic culturally. Maybe I'm wrong?

No they are romanitic in culture.

Peyrol
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM

Romania not: obviously there are some influences, but basically their culture is latin with an heavy orthodox (byzantine) and a little slavic influences. Same for Moldova, but culturally they've a slighlty higer slavic influece, probably due to the failed russification in the soviet era (and moldovans are, ethnically, a bit lighter than romanians).
We have about 1,200,000 romanian and 500,000 moldovan immigrants here, i know quite well their cultures.

Siginulfo
02-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Poland all the way!

Waidewut
02-16-2012, 01:01 PM

Labeling all people from the Eastern part of Europe as Slavic- this is very sad actually.

Insuperable
02-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Czech Republic, although Poland and Russia come very close

Insuperable
02-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Labeling all people from the Eastern part of Europe as Slavic- this is very sad actually.

So how would you label them, racially because of southern Slavs I presume

Waidewut
02-17-2012, 06:32 PM
So how would you label them, racially because of southern Slavs I presume

Baltic people are in no way "Slavic". The similarities come from thousands of years ago, when possibly Balts and Slavs were the same people- Balto-Slavs.
Also many Poles, Belorussians and Russians are "Slavicised" Balts, as Balts were living in a far more larger territory in prehistoric times.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=452&pictureid=3403
http://www.maravot.com/Mallory.Baltic_rivers.jpg

AFC_Lad
02-17-2012, 06:47 PM
couldn't pick one

but Bulgaria for its history, as well as Russia.

Serbia, because i've had warm feelings toward Serbs i've met.

and Czech Republic, because of Prague

sorry if i didn't mention others.. i like all slavic people.. it's just those are the ones that stand out most to me.

Man of Steel
02-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Mother Russia.

Insuperable
02-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Baltic people are in no way "Slavic". The similarities come from thousands of years ago, when possibly Balts and Slavs were the same people- Balto-Slavs.
Also many Poles, Belorussians and Russians are "Slavicised" Balts, as Balts were living in a far more larger territory in prehistoric times.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=452&pictureid=3403
http://www.maravot.com/Mallory.Baltic_rivers.jpg

Yes my friend we all know that but I guess its meant culturally "what is your favorite Slavic country" not subracially

Waidewut
02-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Yes my friend we all know that but I guess its meant culturally "what is your favorite Slavic country" not subracially

Are you saying Baltic people are culturally Slavic?

Thunor
02-19-2012, 10:24 AM
I guess it's a relic from the Cold War that we identify all East European countries as "Slavic" because they were under Soviet Russia's control. Even though we all know that Balts, Estonians, Hungarians and Romanians are not Slavic.

Padre Organtino
02-19-2012, 10:27 AM
I guess it's a relic from the Cold War that we identify all East European countries as "Slavic" because they were under Soviet Russia's control. Even though we all know that Balts, Estonians, Hungarians and Romanians are not Slavic.

That's not the worst scenario - these guys are at least East Euro but when I hear about Georgia being Slavic my jaw drops down.

On topic: hard to choose between em. I generally have very positive bias against Slavs.

Harmonia
03-01-2012, 10:55 PM
It's hard to choose one favourite slavic country, as in my opinion, every slavic country has it's own cons and pros. I admire long and interesting history of Bulgaria, pretty much the same I could say about Czechia. I also love our Polish neighbours, beautiful landscape, medieval cities, very nice people and melodic language, glorious history. Slovakia is a country I always like to visit, very hospitable people and beautiful mountains. I admire lovely cities, culture and music of Slavic balkan countries. But if I have to choose one, it's Russia, for it's amazing traditional and classical music, ballet, art, splendid history and for those warm-hearted Soviet animations I have grown up with.

ficuscarica
03-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Poland, love the raw wilderness and climate.

Paluga
03-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Ukraine(Very beautiful country) and Serbia(Hottest woman).

Supreme American
03-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Croatia, because my mother was born there. :D

Rereg
03-27-2012, 06:08 PM
I would say belorussia is the most homogenous country in Europe.

In Belorussia live a lot of Poles, especially in Grodno oblast. :D

arcticwolf
04-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Well, Slavs are my kin so they are all close to my heart. Each Slavic country is beautiful and people are amazing, Slavic soul in action. As the vote is concerned I had no choice ;) Slava brothers and sisters. MY favorite TA Slav is mymy of course!

lepa
04-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Bulgaria and Croatia.

Corvus
04-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Easy choice: Slovenia is # 1, but honestly I like all Slavic nations.

Ivo Arandur
04-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Each country has its own charm but I kinda like the central and east Slavic countries better than the south Slavic (voted for Bulgaria tho :p )

Beethoven
04-06-2012, 08:00 AM
I dont get why Russia is most popular here even russians admit that Ukrainian and Belarus girls is even better then Russian.

Montenegro have tallest in the world - taller then Dutch, Poland is great but Russia is too cold for living, and russian mosquitos in Siberia is horrible

I like Kiev capital of Ukraine - imo looks alot better then Moscow

http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/nelticlol/_myphoto/s-195.jpg
http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/nelticlol/_myphoto/s-196.jpg
http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/nelticlol/_myphoto/s-192.jpg
http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/nelticlol/_myphoto/s-198.jpg
http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/nelticlol/_myphoto/s-193.jpg

curiousman
04-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Slovenia, even if I'm a bit biased here :)

I find Czech and Polish women very attractive on average :D

Lelya
04-13-2012, 06:58 AM
I voted Russia but can't be objective as it's my native country:p

Close go Ukraine and Belarus, then Serbia and Bulgaria. Besides I kinda respect Polish and Czech people for their history and culture.

Other Slavic countries I like too but they are too small to be important from the global point of view (no offence to anyone):rolleyes:

Incal
04-13-2012, 04:19 PM
The Czech Republic.

The Alchemist
04-13-2012, 04:21 PM
I've been in Czech Republik and i fell in love with it.

Crn Volk
04-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Бугари и Срби прославе заједно за мир на балкану
http://agenciq.net/images/stories/ZNAMENA.jpg
http://agenciq.net/images/stories/2209_subor_01.jpg
http://94.156.102.47/uploads/news_images/200809/photo_verybig_289603.jpg

I zaboraje Makedoncite. Mnogu ubava proslava :thumbs up

Crn Volk
04-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Macedonia of course

~Elizabeth~
04-19-2012, 05:59 AM
I've never been to a Slavic country but since I'm part Slovak I voted for Slovakia.

Found this photo of Slovaks. Who knows, they could be my distant cousins.
http://i43.tinypic.com/15g7zuo.jpg

delicoban33
04-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Well, best on what? I want to answer this question with girls. When we come to girls , Poland girls are so luckly beautiful. Others are trash. That's all i can say. Polish.
cCc Poland cCc
cCc We feel cold cCc

Rereg
04-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Poland- my homeland but also I like Slovakia.

Methmatician
04-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Ukrajina! :)

Xavier-Ferdinand
05-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Poland and Russia since I have ancestry from both those countries and because they are the most diverse and biggest Slavic countries together with Ukraine who is a mixture of both.

Also Poles have the higehst percentage of nobles (about 15-20 percent) of the total population which is unheard of in any other European country. The closets percentage of nobles is only found in Hungary and Spain and it's about 3-4 percent!

Moreover Poles had such an awesome culture in the past (Sarmatism, "God, Honor and Country", bravery, Winged Hussars, culture, cuisine, landscapes, diversity etc.)

When other nations lived under autocratic rulers the Polish nobility choose the kings and all nobles were equals (titled and untitled which I found amazing considering the societies as that time)

Also Poland had the first democratic constitution in Europe and the second oldest in the world (next after USA)

Wonderful people who are also mostly conservative and anti-communist/socialist. Also the late Pope was the best Pope in ages (John Paul II). An amazing man that helped greatly in the collapse of the horrible proletarian regime that was the Soviet Union.

Himera
05-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Stegura, in your meta-ethnicity, you wrote it fine as "slavic" .
Now you're using "slavonic" as an adjective ?
a Slav = slavic
Slavonia ( croatian area ) = slavonic
:) ?

Xenomorph
05-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I'll go with Russia, since I once took a beautiful, kind Russian woman about two years younger than me on a tour through several of the museum in Washington, D.C. I wonder if I'll ever see her again?:(

poiuytrewq0987
05-04-2012, 06:42 PM
I'll go with Russia, since I once took a beautiful, kind Russian woman about two years younger than me on a tour through several of the museum in Washington, D.C. I wonder if I'll ever see her again?:(

Don't bet on it but there's plenty of fish in the sea. ;)

Linet
05-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Serbia ofc :)

RagnarLodbrok666
05-16-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm still fond of Serbia and Poland.

Beethoven
06-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Slavic countrys got many nice & friendly people and many evil,amoral and arrogant people also.

morski
06-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Slavic countrys got many nice & friendly people and many evil,amoral and arrogant people also.

You don't say.:rolleyes:

aimar
06-06-2012, 06:33 PM
slovenia/croatia. the other ones are too "eastern"

plus dalmatia is the most beautiful european region, after the azores

RoyBatty
06-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Russia

Kazimiera
06-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Poland

Polish blood in my veins

Aces High
06-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Russia.

KoQb8vb4blA

Comte Arnau
06-06-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm changing my mind as days go by towards Poland, specially with such welcomes to the football teams. I'm so easily impressed... :embarrassed

72KzjZ9m51Y