Sikeliot
02-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Classify them and where they could fit

GeistFaust
02-14-2012, 07:18 PM
From Left to Right:
1. Dinaro-Alpinoid Mediterranid.
2. Dinarid Mediterranid.
3. Dinaro-Atlantid Mediterranid, but more on the Atlantid side of the spectrum, so sort of in a process of Dinaricization.
4. Gracilized Alpinoid Mediterranid.

I would put them all in Italy, Greece, or Malta other then for Sicily.

exceeder
02-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Is it just me or does far left and far right seem to have some potential arabid influence?

GeistFaust
02-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Is it just me or does far left and far right seem to have some potential arabid influence?

I think there is a definite tendency towards that kind of range, but when you get further South and East in the Mediterranean you will see a lot of the East-Mediterranid types when merged with Dinarid components can look pseudo-Western Asian/Middle Eastern.

The Dinarid component further to the East and South in Europe tends to be more extreme, and its usually why I classify them as Taurid types.

This means somewhere between a Dinarid and Armenoid, and Armeno-Arabid types are not uncommon in parts of Sicily, Malta, and parts of Crete.

Trun
02-14-2012, 07:35 PM
The middle two can fit in Bulgaria, the far left and right would be very exotic for here.

Aviane
02-14-2012, 07:36 PM
They all could fit into the areas where GeistFaust mentions about.

Also Turkey is another one to think about.

1. Dinaro-Alpinoid Mediterranid.
2. Dinarid Mediterranid.
3. Dinaro-Atlantid Mediterranid.
4. Alpinoid Mediterranid.

Trun
02-14-2012, 07:40 PM
The far left and far right are exotic for mainland Greece too I think. Especially the girl, she doesn't look European.

chipriota
02-14-2012, 09:40 PM
They'd fit here (Cyprus) easily. Like almost all Sicilians.

Boiorix
02-14-2012, 11:47 PM
First one really look as Arabid.