PDA

View Full Version : Good evening

Ohrwurm
05-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Hi. I'm originally from Skadi, where I've lurked off and on for about a year, and I was recently informed about the Apricity by the same friend that introduced me there. I'm from a pretty mixed European American family, with German, French, and Acadian ancestors, although I've been too immersed in my father's (German) family to really identify with the French portion. I know nearly nothing about anthropology, but based on my inexpert classifications, I've determined I'm just a very light featured Mediterranean. I have a strong interest in Germanic paganism, although I find myself at odds with the groups that operate within that label.

Loki
05-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Welcome to The Apricity Ohrwurm! :)

Osweo
05-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Though your name creeps me out; welcome aboard! :P

anonymaus
05-06-2009, 01:26 AM
That's a nice and insightful introduction. Welcome!

Psychonaut
05-06-2009, 01:27 AM
I think I recall chatting a bit with you on Skadi. I'm always glad to see Acadian Heathens. Bienvenue!

Electronic God-Man
05-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Hey! Welcome!

Did I give you that final push to introduce yourself?

I wrote this in the chatbox a little before you made this thread:

I can't wait for the guy named Ohrwurm (Earworm) to post an intro to find out what he is about...the name is just hilarious.

:p

Nice to meet you.

Aemma
05-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Welcome here Ohrwurm! Yes indeed an interesting name! ;) I do have to say though that the worst earworms are McDonald's jingles. They drive me crazy! :D

Anyway, please do make yourself at home, poke around and jump right in! It's nice to see another fellow Heathen btw. You might be interested in checking out Psychonaut's excellent Heathenry portal. :)

So have fun and see you around the forum.

Cheers for now!...Aemma :)

Ohrwurm
05-06-2009, 01:51 AM
"Though your name creeps me out"

Yeah, I've always liked the term because it sounds creepy.

"Did I give you that final push to introduce yourself?"

I'd been wondering whether or not people cared enough to read introductions until I saw that. So yeah, you did.

"I think I recall chatting a bit with you on Skadi. I'm always glad to see Acadian Heathens. Bienvenue! "

I'm surprised you'd remember me. I don't usually leave a lasting impression on people. But thanks. It's always good so see another Acadian so I don't feel so much like an outsider. I always feel guilty using that term, though. Nobody speaks French of any sort around here anymore, and a large portion of my town's population are of partial Jewish descent so I've never really known the culture.

Electronic God-Man
05-06-2009, 01:57 AM
"Did I give you that final push to introduce yourself?"

I'd been wondering whether or not people cared enough to read introductions until I saw that. So yeah, you did.

I like to think I make a difference in this world. :)

Ohrwurm
05-06-2009, 01:57 AM
"You might be interested in checking out Psychonaut's excellent Heathenry portal."

I certainly will. Well, if someone will direct me to said portal.

"I do have to say though that the worst earworms are McDonald's jingles. They drive me crazy! "

I've always found that the Free Credit Report song was worse, but there's a good chance I'm just strange.

By the way, Psychonaut, you're the one that had Ihsahn classified, correct? Well, on your advice I bought Angl. Best album I've gotten this year.

Psychonaut
05-06-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm surprised you'd remember me. I don't usually leave a lasting impression on people. But thanks.

There are so very few of us in these kinds of circles.

It's always good so see another Acadian so I don't feel so much like an outsider. I always feel guilty using that term, though. Nobody speaks French of any sort around here anymore, and a large portion of my town's population are of partial Jewish descent so I've never really known the culture.

Bah, don't worry about that. Your heritage is what it is, regardless of those that surround you. I don't speak a whole lot of French either for what it's worth. :)

Birka
05-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Welcome.

Psychonaut
05-06-2009, 02:03 AM
I certainly will. Well, if someone will direct me to said portal.

Right here (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)

By the way, Psychonaut, you're the one that had Ihsahn classified, correct? Well, on your advice I bought Angl. Best album I've gotten this year.

Glad to hear it! His solo work is some of the best musical output Norway has seen in years.

Beorn
05-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Another bloody Frenchie. I swear you lot follow me around.
First Aemma, then Psycho, then Luka and Hypathia, etc...

Anyway, welcome! :D

Ohrwurm
05-06-2009, 02:20 AM
"Another bloody Frenchie. I swear you lot follow me around."

Typical English point of view. Everyone's following you. :P

Thanks for the link, Psychonaut. And it's funny how Ihsahn can write an anti-christian Norwegian black metal song and be original.

Rainraven
05-06-2009, 03:16 AM

We're big on Welcome threads, they boost post count ;)

Welcome on board, I hope you'll take the opportunity to look around the threads and make a lasting impression here :D

Ohrwurm
05-06-2009, 03:48 AM
We're big on Welcome threads, they boost post count ;)

Welcome on board, I hope you'll take the opportunity to look around the threads and make a lasting impression here :D

Well thanks. I intend to stick around. And I see what you mean about the Welcome threads.

Aemma
05-06-2009, 03:50 AM
Another bloody Frenchie. I swear you lot follow me around.
First Aemma, then Psycho, then Luka and Hypathia, etc...

Anyway, welcome! :D

Yes but you simply adore us Beornie! Come on! Fess up! :P :D

You adorable Frenchie-wannabe, you! LOL! (Ok I just HAD to! LOL!) :tongue

Thorum
05-06-2009, 03:52 AM
Welcome!!

Elveon
05-06-2009, 04:08 AM
Welcome to the board:)

The Lawspeaker
05-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Welcome aboard, pal. And yes- "oorwurm".. funny name :D

Vulpix
05-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Oh hi, and welcome to the Apricity Ohrwurm :)!

Groenewolf
05-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Welcome.

Absinthe
05-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Welcome! :)

Tabiti
05-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Welcome!

Tolleson
05-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the forum.:thumb001:

Skandi
05-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, I hope that you enjoy your stay.

Brynhild
05-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Lady L
05-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Welcome :wave