PDA

View Full Version : Russia's Next Generation Radar To Catch Missiles Like Butterflies

Dr. van Winkle
02-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Russia's Next Generation Radar To Catch Missiles Like Butterflies

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/478/46616.jpg

A new radar station was launched on the outskirts of St. Petersburg several days ago. The launch of the fifth-generation Voronezh-M missile warning system became an outstanding event for the whole country.

The personnel of the new station conducted a training session after the radar was put on duty. The session was conducted to show the abilities of the station in detecting the launches of ballistic missiles. It is worthy of note that representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church attended the opening ceremony. They sanctified the station by all canons.

"This is a historical event. The station has started executing combat tasks within the structure of aerospace troops of the Russian Federation. The new station outstrips its predecessors considerably," Oleg Ostapenko, the aerospace troops commander told Interfax.

Voronezh-M became the first prefabricated radar station in the country. There are three other new generation radar stations in Russia. At the end of 2011, Russia launched a new missile warning radar Voronezh-DM. This station is located in the Kaliningrad enclave.

The main goal of the new station near St. Petersburg is to provide constant radar control in the north-western missile-threat region. The station was deployed there to restore the integrity of the radar field which was undermined after the closure of the radar station in Latvia.

The construction of Voronezh-M began in 2005. The station went on air in December of the same year. The station had been operating in test regime since March 2007.

Voronezh-M was designed to obtain trajectory data to warn against missile attacks. The station delivers the data to administering bodies and forms the necessary information for "Moscow" missile defense system. Voronezh-M also collects information about space objects.

Voronezh Radar Station monitors missile launches in Sweden and Norway. It also monitors aircraft flying in the area of its responsibility. A similar station of this type is running in Russia's Krasnodar region. Another station is to be put in operation in the Irkutsk region. The construction of the radar stations of new generation is planned to take place in Pechora, Barnaul, Eniseisk, Omsk and Murmansk.

Source: pravda.ru (http://english.pravda.ru/russia/economics/15-02-2012/120520-russia_radar_station-0/)

Capricornus
02-15-2012, 04:42 PM
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4403/vorewig.17/0_4c1d1_ce2e55ce_L

Joe McCarthy
02-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Many seem focused on non-existent NATO military threats against Russia (NATO doesn't issue threats against Russia whereas Russia threatened to nuke Poland a few years ago) in these missile defense issues but seem to gloss over the fact that increased missile defense will better enable Russia to bully its near periphery in the Baltic states. This station will only increase tension in that region.

Joe McCarthy
02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4403/vorewig.17/0_4c1d1_ce2e55ce_L

LOL. One of my personal faves. The Al Capone of international politics.

Balmung
02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Ive always liked Russia....the epitome of badass.

Joe McCarthy
02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Ive always liked Russia....the epitome of badass.

We don't need a 'badass'. We need prudent, cooperative people in the Kremlin. Right now we don't have them.

RoyBatty
02-15-2012, 05:22 PM
sQUOTE=Joe McCarthy;716680]Many seem focused on non-existent NATO military threats against Russia (NATO doesn't issue threats against Russia whereas Russia threatened to nuke Poland a few years ago) in these missile defense issues but seem to gloss over the fact that increased missile defense will better enable Russia to bully its near periphery in the Baltic states. This station will only increase tension in that region.[/QUOTE]

Don't be silly.

NATO threats are very real. Just ask Col Ghaddafi, Saddam, Milosevic... oops... they're all dead.. you can't ask them.

Russia's being encircled by NATO bases whilst more countries are encouraged to join. "Missile Defense Shield" sites are popping up like cancer and despite the nice words from the Peace Loving Pentagon and Nobel Peace Prize winners like Ombongo (notice the pattern how aggressors are always the most peaceful of folks? :D) those sites aren't aimed at "saving the world from North Korea or Iran".

They're aimed mostly at Russia, possibly China. Since those systems are modular and are interconnected with one another one can hardly use the argument either that "one or two little radar bases designed to defend us" aren't really part of a bigger system aimed at neutralising Russia's Nuclear Deterrent and giving the nutcases in the USA a perceived "First Strike" capability against Russia.

There is no such thing as a benevolent country or Empire. Particularly not if it's called the USA and if its economy hinges on printing paper money, controlling energy supplies in backward regions of the globe and terrorising the rest with its Military.

Russia is quite sensibly taking steps to defend itself. It would be illogical not to do so. It would be utterly foolish not to be prepared against attacks and to just assume that NATO won't attack it.

NATO attacks weaker countries for profits, territory and resources. That's what NATO does, time and time again.

zack
02-15-2012, 05:48 PM
We don't need a 'badass'. We need prudent, cooperative people in the Kremlin. Right now we don't have them.

I like Putins demographic plans for the future. He wants to boost the birth rate and thats enough for me to like him i guess.

Joe McCarthy
02-16-2012, 05:50 AM
I like Putins demographic plans for the future. He wants to boost the birth rate and thats enough for me to like him i guess.

That's done in conjunction with immigration to address the demographic problem. Russia has more immigrants than anyone other than the US, and as a percentage of population it's higher than the US. The white birthrate in the US is also higher than in Russia, so if he does boost Russia's birthrate he'll only be bringing it up to American standards. :D

Siberyak
02-16-2012, 06:01 AM
That's done in conjunction with immigration to address the demographic problem. Russia has more immigrants than anyone other than the US, and as a percentage of population it's higher than the US. The white birthrate in the US is also higher than in Russia, so if he does boost Russia's birthrate he'll only be bringing it up to American standards. :D

And Russia doesnt have 40 million Negros like the usa does

Joe McCarthy
02-16-2012, 06:25 AM
And Russia doesnt have 40 million Negros like the usa does

That's true, but it does have an exploding Islamic population and I'm not too keen on the Chinese immigrant situation in the Russian Far East, either.

Siberyak
02-16-2012, 06:45 AM
That's true, but it does have an exploding Islamic population and I'm not too keen on the Chinese immigrant situation in the Russian Far East, either.

Joe you as an American have no right to lecture any nation on multiculturalism. :rolleyes:you and i or any other person on this forum that has been to the USA knows that this the most multicultural nation on earth.

Joe McCarthy
02-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Joe you as an American have no right to lecture any nation on multiculturalism. :rolleyes:you and i or any other person on this forum that has been to the USA knows that this the most multicultural nation on earth.

More multicultural than Brazil or any number of other Latin American countries? :rolleyes:

The US, unlike Sweden, Canada, and some other Western countries, does not recognize multiculturalism as stage ideology. We have a lot of non-whites, but that isn't exactly synonomous with multiculturalism.

At any rate, we're once again faced with the David Dukeites who present Russia as some kind of worthy racial alternative to the US. It is one of the great comedic fallacies in today's nationalist scene. It is my task, once again, to refute this nonsense. As I've posted elsewhere, Russia is in worse demographic shape long term than France!

Siberyak
02-16-2012, 07:18 AM
More multicultural than Brazil or any number of other Latin American countries? :rolleyes:

The US, unlike Sweden, Canada, and some other Western countries, does not recognize multiculturalism as stage ideology. We have a lot of non-whites, but that isn't exactly synonomous with multiculturalism.

At any rate, we're once again faced with the David Dukeites who present Russia as some kind of worthy racial alternative to the US. It is one of the great comedic fallacies in today's nationalist scene. It is my task, once again, to refute this nonsense. As I've posted elsewhere, Russia is in worse demographic shape long term than France!

Did I say anything about Russia being a saviour of European mankind ? I dont believe I
did. How can you not say having black history month and hispanic heritage month as not practicing multicultrulism? And how can you talk about the white birthrate in this country when the majority of kids being born in the USA are non white.

European Loyalist
02-16-2012, 07:26 AM
In many ways multiculturalism is a state ideology in the US.

Once the state departs from a defined ethnic/pan-ethnic identity at a policy level they have accepted the core of multicultural ideology, that is the belief that multiple racial groups can and should live amongst eachother in one society.

European Loyalist
02-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Did I say anything about Russia being a saviour of European mankind ? I dont believe I
did. How can you not say having black history month and hispanic heritage month as not practicing multicultrulism? And how can you talk about the white birthrate in this country when the majority of kids being born in the USA are non white.

He's referring to what is usually called "the policy of multicultualism", which is a policy in which a state directly encourages minorities to retain their cultures and identities, and/or recognizes that the country has no one culture but rather an abundance of cultures and these cultures are equal and should be protected/encouraged by the state without bias towards any specific one(s).