PDA

View Full Version : Spot the references.

Beorn
02-17-2012, 01:22 AM
If you fancy it, have a look at the following picture and see what you see portrayed within the picture. The only clue is the tragedy occurred in 2001, but others have seen some other disturbing things too.

Interesting to see how Apricians minds work. :D

http://i.imgur.com/YYqqR.jpg

Aemma
02-17-2012, 03:46 AM
Huh, interesting! :)

A depiction of 9/11 of course!

"Armageddon", so say the blocks! Which is true enough.

The girl is building the twin towers, obviously. The boy being the typical bratty brother is soon going to come and destroy the structure that she has just built.

The x-acto knife, one of the tools utilised by the terrorists as I recall.

Hmm the soccer ball, perhaps a reference to a non-American sport and the people who play it; another "invasion" as it were, but this one more subtle since it's cultural. And right on the girl's heels too (well backside but you get my meaning).

I can't quite figure out the four paperdoll cut-outs though. The four horsemen of the apocalypse perhaps?

I DO find it interesting that they chose to have a girl building the twin towers and not have the picture depicting two boys. *This* fascinates me the most.

Beorn
02-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Hmm the soccer ball, perhaps a reference to a non-American sport and the people who play it; another "invasion" as it were, but this one more subtle since it's cultural. And right on the girl's heels too (well backside but you get my meaning).

You were doing so well too. :D It was thought to be a reference to the Pentagon.

Here's (http://thebritishresistance.co.uk/writers/elitecommander/1628-so-what-was-it-all-about) what others got looking at it. The picture was used as part of a Sociology GCSE exam. You can take what they say with a pinch of salt, but I love these kinda things. It makes me wonder if the artist is doing it on purpose to make others actively talk about the picture, or they're shape-shifting lizards from the Zaarg dimension taunting us with their plans for global domination. :D

Raskolnikov
02-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Sexy children. Nice post count btw.

Aemma
02-17-2012, 03:17 PM
You were doing so well too. :D It was thought to be a reference to the Pentagon.

Here's (http://thebritishresistance.co.uk/writers/elitecommander/1628-so-what-was-it-all-about) what others got looking at it. The picture was used as part of a Sociology GCSE exam. You can take what they say with a pinch of salt, but I love these kinda things. It makes me wonder if the artist is doing it on purpose to make others actively talk about the picture, or they're shape-shifting lizards from the Zaarg dimension taunting us with their plans for global domination. :D

Ahh yes the Pentagon! Of course! All of those little pentagons on the ball itself. And the four paper cut-outs, the four men who went down at the Pentagon during this act of terror. Riiight!

Hmm I need to read the thingie now.

This was fun Beornie! Thx! :thumb001:

Shape-shifting lizards :P Maybe that's it after all! :D