PDA

View Full Version : "Promoting racial equality in schools"

Thorum
05-07-2009, 02:25 AM
I felt sick after reading this story (http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2009/05/01121047). Just sick:

"No young person in Scotland should be disadvantaged or bullied on the grounds of their faith or race, said Education Secretary Fiona Hyslop as proposals for Islamophobia school workshops are announced."

and

"...prepare pupils for life in a multifaith, multicultural world..."

:mad:

The Lawspeaker
05-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Would that go for Scottish children too ? That they can live, play and learn safely without being robbed, bullied, sexually abused and harassed ?

Ooh wait- the article isn't about that at all.

Lady L
05-31-2009, 05:16 PM
This climate of mistrust and fear leads to increased tensions between communities leading to many Muslims feeling alienated.

:rolleyes:

"We are delighted that the Scottish Government is supporting our Islamophobia work in schools. We are not intending to educate people about the Islamic religion, but to challenge myths and stereotypes and encourage people to think critically about the information that they receive.

The 90 minute workshops do not intend to educate people about the Islamic religion, but to challenge myths and stereotypes and encourage people to think critically about the information that they receive.

How many times are they going to repeat the same bs...? :rolleyes: A waste of money if you ask me...

Whats next ...Why we should respect and learn the myths and stereotypes of Terrorists ...and to think critically about the information we receive...;)

Paleo
06-04-2009, 04:19 PM
iv always made my opinions on other races clear in school:cool:, and if they disagreed with me they better had the facts to back them up:coffee:.(most didn't just the usual P.C brigade Bull.S:rolleyes2:)

they cant punish you for having an opinion. (especially if they ask you for it)

my personal favourite insult for oriental people in my old school.
"SHUT YOUR HOLE.. WANG CHUNG!:mad:"

iv never herd a good come back for it.....ever:D

p.s the native Scottish are the most discriminated group in Scotland
simply because racism on whites is teated as exceptional.

sturmwalkure
06-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Absolute treachery, an simple solution would be removing the Muslims from Scotland.

Phlegethon
06-04-2009, 04:32 PM
they cant punish you for having an opinion. (especially if they ask you for it)

Of course they can. And they did. Which only led me to speaking my opinion with a louder voice.

Paleo
06-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Of course they can. And they did. Which only led me to speaking my opinion with a louder voice.

well maybe in Germany, but in Scotland people who have too shout their opinions often have a weak argument, that's why you should not shout in a debate:coffee:, and even if they punish you, how dose that change anything:confused: it just means they don't know any better (teacher think they know everything) . if they are not prepared to debate with you, they should not ask peoples opinion on such a subject as race, simple as that.:thumbs up

Phlegethon
06-04-2009, 08:27 PM
"...prepare pupils for life in a multifaith, multicultural world..."

Hey, there is nothing wrong with life in a multifaith, multicultural world. But what they mean is life in a multifaith, multicultural neighbourhood/hometown/homeland. And that is when the problems start.