PDA

View Full Version : Weird Dreams

Alison
11-21-2008, 08:00 AM
I often have weird dreams. some are nightmares where I wake up sweating with my heart pounding. Others are just weird, like the one I had last night.

There were huge trains that were travelling at high speeds and derailing in front of us, narrowly missing us. I was then at a nursery school that my son was at, and a helicopter that was hovering overhead suddenly nosedived and crashed. I had my leg amputated at the hip, but there was no pain and very little blood, and you could remove the outer part of the leg, revealing the bone. GROSS!

Do any of you have weird dreams?

Loki
11-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I often have weird dreams too. ;) Sometimes pleasant, other times less so. Mostly neutral though I guess.

Last night I dreamed me and someone (can't remember who it was) was standing in front of a huge mountain, almost like in a canyon. There were lions around too. then a massive flood came, and loads of water poured over the mountains and engulfed everything. :eek: But then I woke up, and realised it was time to go to the loo. :rolleyes:

Vulpix
11-21-2008, 09:38 AM
I was fired in my dreams yesterday night. Probably an increasingly common dream (or rather nightmare ;)) these days...

But then I woke up, and realised it was time to go to the loo. :rolleyes:

Too much information :D!!!

Alison
11-21-2008, 09:42 AM
I often have weird dreams too. ;) Sometimes pleasant, other times less so. Mostly neutral though I guess.

Last night I dreamed me and someone (can't remember who it was) was standing in front of a huge mountain, almost like in a canyon. There were lions around too. then a massive flood came, and loads of water poured over the mountains and engulfed everything. :eek: But then I woke up, and realised it was time to go to the loo. :rolleyes:

Tee hee! Must have been us speaking about the KNP. Did that look like the Blyde River Canyon?

Glad you woke up in time, Loki! :D

Loki
11-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Tee hee! Must have been us speaking about the KNP. Did that look like the Blyde River Canyon?

Nope, was more barren and yellowish-brown in colour.

Glad you woke up in time, Loki! :D

Yes :nod:

I think dreaming of lots of water is probably your brain's way of getting the message across to you that you need to wake up and do something ... :p

Alison
11-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I was fired in my dreams yesterday night. Probably an increasingly common dream (or rather nightmare ;)) these days...

Too much information :D!!!

Oh dear. It's a real threat. How is your company doing?

Vulpix
11-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Not very good actually :(, though it is because of a third party we're in trouble. A bank :rolleyes2:. Thieves :thumb down2.

Oh dear. It's a real threat. How is your company doing?

Oisín
11-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't know if I would call my dreams weird, but I have really vivid ones, they seem so true to life. I can wake up believing that what I dreamt actually happened. One that stands out:
I live in the countryside yeah, out in the arse middle of nowhere, small village lots of farms, mountains, forests etc. Well one night I dreamt that I was out walking and I saw this bloke parked on one of the back roads going up the mountain. For one reason or another he ended up dead. I can't remember if I dreamt that I killed him or if there was an accident or what but in the dream he was dead. I drove his car with him in it down to my nan's house because she has a fair bit of land I buried him out the back. I drove the car up the woods and just dumped it. Can't really remember much else of what happened next but just before I woke up I was dreaming that I was walking past my nan's house and the police were there and there was a big JCB and I'll never forget the panic, they were going to find the body and I was going to be found out. Anyway that's when I woke up but I remember in the first few seconds when I woke up I still felt really panicky and convinced I was off to prison. Spooky.

Alison
11-21-2008, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=Oisín;1585]

Oisin, that is freaky. Did you find out after that some bloke had been murdered? I ask cos after my dream of a helicopter going down last night, one did today! Spooky. then again, I do have the "sight" It's a pity I never get it to see what the lotto numbers are going to be. :mad:

Oisín
11-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Oisin, that is freaky. Did you find out after that some bloke had been murdered? I ask cos after my dream of a helicopter going down last night, one did today! Spooky. then again, I do have the "sight" It's a pity I never get it to see what the lotto numbers are going to be. :mad:
No I didn't hear of anyone getting murdered round here. But then again maybe they just haven't found the body yet? cue X-Files theme tune.

Alison
11-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Ha ha ha! I like it. We should start a thread on what our imaginations think up. :)

Goswinus
11-22-2008, 08:58 AM
I am used dreaming of crazies, pod-like people, zombies and my own old folks acting entirely out of character, vicious, double-faced and sometimes with a sad tragic demeanour... while I am on the run, but when confronted with adversary, I take a stand and fight back, or even play along, pretty much as in a chess game, apparently giving up pawns readily, only to change the action of the game, to win...

So, one morning I dreamed of our world surrendered to the dominion of Reptilians from Outer Space (yes, I hear you giggling...now stop that!) made out the the higher echelons of a rigidly class-structured Society, which basically was cut in half between citizens living in urban agglomerations and the peasantry.
Seemingly the treatment of City Folk was fairly better and more tolerant, allowing them to pursue their daily life in a measured level of freedom, pretty much the reality where in now, while out there in the Country but also in this in-between zone of Suburbia humans would be periodically raided and hunted down, then killed, or held captive and used as slave.

I escaped the maraud and fledin the direction of the city where I sneaked in through desolate grim backyards of council estates and shopping galleries, I was even helped by human-friendly Reptilians, to shake off my pursuers... I started to campaign people to agitate against their yoke and refute their servility and reclaim their world.
I was a pure and simple fiasco: the majority just stood there, loitering with baffled faces, or an apathic blandness that was a sign of dismissal...
Typical.

Another time the setting was home...or a kind of re-imagined home town with a castle overlooking the site. Lots of running wild and blind around, people hiding in school building and their houses. An outbreak of ... living dead. People fall even prey if they don't seem to have been bitten or in any other way infected. Some just hang around or sit mute and in some lethargic state, or after they outrun the living dead just an about to recover from the shocking events, when suddenly they turn to the person next to them and set their teeth in their neck, face or shoulder...

The strange part was that this sequence was repeated trice that night, the same events occured all over again, with little to no variation...
While on my way to somewhere anywhere sparse of people and a good hideout, I spurred down a moving staircase leading to a tunnel... for some inexplicable reason I always see along my way a group of Turkish women colourful dressed and hunched together in their' draperies' of cloths.... there was also something about vials containing a milky fluid that substitute food and could be borne on the arm... the dream story ended all three times in some derelict outbuilding or shed... twice, except the third time out, it was located on the parking lot near a huge mall... I managed to convince elderly people to follow me albeit I had though a hard time to explain them the danger they would face if they stayed in their neighbourhood: living dead, of crazies, it didn't matter, but the attacks were sudden and ferocious, and sometimes the transformation from normal person to zombie happens in a wink of the eye...

Interestingly, the dream just continued, before and after a visit to the loo, as like seeing a film in the cinema interrupted by a pauze... almost like an eternal return, witnessing the same grisly and depressing horror, regurgitated to have me fix the situation...
Very odd, and eerie as the dream unfolded, I got to admit that there was lots to be fascinated and entertained by...

The Dragonslayer
11-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Recently I dreamed I was an Italian fascist who was fighting in the Spanish Civil War. That was quite a dream.

Stormraaf
11-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Whenever I dream of using a gun, one of two things happen: either the gun won't fire or it fires flimsy paper-projectiles. :confused: Anxiety from not knowing how to fire a gun, maybe?

Interestingly, the dream just continued, before and after a visit to the loo, as like seeing a film in the cinema interrupted by a pauze...
One dream I had (involving dinosaurs, :D) ended with rolling credits like at the end of films, and when the last of these moving lines vanished from my sight, I woke up, ready to get out of bed. Cinema in a dream!

Alison
11-24-2008, 07:09 AM
I am used dreaming of crazies, pod-like people, zombies and my own old folks acting entirely out of character, vicious, double-faced and sometimes with a sad tragic demeanour... while I am on the run, but when confronted with adversary, I take a stand and fight back, or even play along, pretty much as in a chess game, apparently giving up pawns readily, only to change the action of the game, to win...

So, one morning I dreamed of our world surrendered to the dominion of Reptilians from Outer Space (yes, I hear you giggling...now stop that!) made out the the higher echelons of a rigidly class-structured Society, which basically was cut in half between citizens living in urban agglomerations and the peasantry.
Seemingly the treatment of City Folk was fairly better and more tolerant, allowing them to pursue their daily life in a measured level of freedom, pretty much the reality where in now, while out there in the Country but also in this in-between zone of Suburbia humans would be periodically raided and hunted down, then killed, or held captive and used as slave.

I escaped the maraud and fledin the direction of the city where I sneaked in through desolate grim backyards of council estates and shopping galleries, I was even helped by human-friendly Reptilians, to shake off my pursuers... I started to campaign people to agitate against their yoke and refute their servility and reclaim their world.
I was a pure and simple fiasco: the majority just stood there, loitering with baffled faces, or an apathic blandness that was a sign of dismissal...
Typical.

Another time the setting was home...or a kind of re-imagined home town with a castle overlooking the site. Lots of running wild and blind around, people hiding in school building and their houses. An outbreak of ... living dead. People fall even prey if they don't seem to have been bitten or in any other way infected. Some just hang around or sit mute and in some lethargic state, or after they outrun the living dead just an about to recover from the shocking events, when suddenly they turn to the person next to them and set their teeth in their neck, face or shoulder...

The strange part was that this sequence was repeated trice that night, the same events occured all over again, with little to no variation...
While on my way to somewhere anywhere sparse of people and a good hideout, I spurred down a moving staircase leading to a tunnel... for some inexplicable reason I always see along my way a group of Turkish women colourful dressed and hunched together in their' draperies' of cloths.... there was also something about vials containing a milky fluid that substitute food and could be borne on the arm... the dream story ended all three times in some derelict outbuilding or shed... twice, except the third time out, it was located on the parking lot near a huge mall... I managed to convince elderly people to follow me albeit I had though a hard time to explain them the danger they would face if they stayed in their neighbourhood: living dead, of crazies, it didn't matter, but the attacks were sudden and ferocious, and sometimes the transformation from normal person to zombie happens in a wink of the eye...

Interestingly, the dream just continued, before and after a visit to the loo, as like seeing a film in the cinema interrupted by a pauze... almost like an eternal return, witnessing the same grisly and depressing horror, regurgitated to have me fix the situation...
Very odd, and eerie as the dream unfolded, I got to admit that there was lots to be fascinated and entertained by...

Wow! Your dreams are great!

Alison
11-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Recently I dreamed I was an Italian fascist who was fighting in the Spanish Civil War. That was quite a dream.

Had you read or seen something about the Spanish Civil War?

Alison
11-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Whenever I dream of using a gun, one of two things happen: either the gun won't fire or it fires flimsy paper-projectiles. :confused: Anxiety from not knowing how to fire a gun, maybe?

Perhaps it's the restricitve gun laws where the criminals can murder with relative impunity but the legal gun owners are made out to be trigger happy savages? :(

One dream I had (involving dinosaurs, :D) ended with rolling credits like at the end of films, and when the last of these moving lines vanished from my sight, I woke up, ready to get out of bed. Cinema in a dream!

That sounds so cool!

The Dragonslayer
11-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Had you read or seen something about the Spanish Civil War?

I'm not really sure to tell you the truth. I remember learning about it in World History, but I can't remember any books I've read about it. I thought it was neat that I was actually an Italian fascist there. I wasn't a Spaniard. I actually have Italian blood in me. I think the only movie I've ever seen that had anything to do with the Civil War was Pan's Labyrinth, but of course that had the Fascists as bad guys and the Communists as good guys.

WinterMoon
11-24-2008, 03:53 PM

Maybe anxiety from something else. :D I'm sure you can guess what body part a gun in a dream can signify.

Stormraaf
11-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Last night I dreamt that three more Afrikaner girls had joined The Apricity and left their introductions in the early hours of the morning before I woke up... but then I woke up.

Vulpix
11-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Haha :D! Who knows, maybe soon :tongue...

Last night I dreamt that three more Afrikaner girls had joined The Apricity and left their introductions in the early hours of the morning before I woke up... but then I woke up.

Alison
11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
I've been inviting people over. WFHermans joined yesterday but he needs to post. :)

I'll see if I can get any local ladies to joing, just for you, Stormraaf.

Beorn
09-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Well, now I have more time to sit down undisturbed and have had a wee nip of Whiskey to settle myself, I will tell you my short and very strange dream I had last night.

There was a slight dream scenario beforehand, but I was then walking through a door which led into my Nana's hallway (In reality the door does not exist). I had noticed the door was unlocked and a camera which would normally sit (when I say 'normally' I mean normal in my dream world) on the drinks cabinet had disappeared. It was at the realisation of my camera being stolen that I received a phone call from someone telling me they had my camera. I told them that that camera had all my family photos on it and I wanted it back. They hung up without saying anything.

I phone my partner and told her off for keeping this door unlocked as she should know that the world is dangerous and people are arseholes at the best of times. She said something which I couldn't remember, and then hung up.

I was getting pissed off at this time and phoned back the thieves. I said I would pay them £150 for the camera as it really was in my interests to get it back. They agreed, and it was at this point I knew there to be two of them and they were Asian. They mentioned a name to meet them at. St Peters street, or something.

I jogged on through the door and was well on my way to meeting them. On the way I went past a knife shop. I bought two knives and distinctly remember thinking I will enjoy putting these knives into their faces and making them beg. How dare they steal from me.

It was at this point that I ran into Barreldriver on his bike. I told him the craic and asked if he fancied coming along to help me. He did and set off at great pace on his bike towards the meeting point. I tried shouting for him to wait as there were a few other lads I knew who could back us up, but he kept riding on.

It was at that point I woke up. Angry. Pissed off and distinctly knowing I had a day full of being annoyed at Asians for no apparent reason. Thankfully I live in a white area. :D

Bari
09-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Last night i had a weird dream. Suddently i was working at a gas station. But for some reason i rather joined my friends on a wild party. Later on my boss was trying to run over me with his sports car for leaving work.

I am looking forward for tonight.

Stefan
09-28-2009, 09:51 PM
The last weird dream I had was VERY realistic. I thought I woke up in my dream and was just laying there. The a shadowy form started to hover over the side of my bed. I couldn't move at all. The shadow started to solidify and it had the appearance of a man with the head of a horse/dog(I think they are called jackals.) Then it instantly started to eat my stomach, and I woke up. Damn that was scary. I only have like 3 dreams a year that I remember, and that was one of them.

Beorn
09-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I've had similar dreams like that. A dark shadow looming over you. A feeling of absolute fear and no way to express it. No movement. Truly scary dreams.

Brynhild went into what causes this, but I couldn't locate her post.

Murphy
09-28-2009, 10:06 PM
I wont go into details, but the other night I had a very strange dream where I was being killed by a gang with knifes. One of the persons slit my throat and I swear I could feel as if my throat was actually being slit.

Regards,
Eóin.