PDA

View Full Version : Balkans

Pages : [1] 2 3

Trun
02-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Because of the claims that some posters make (I won't say her name but she is well known for her trolling around) about which countries the region "Balkans" include, I decided to make this thread to hear the opinions of people how they define the region.

My opinion is that Balkan countries are ex-Yugoslavia (without Slovenia), Romania, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Albania and Greece.

Anyone thinking something else?

Dilberth
02-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Because of the claims that some posters make (I won't say her name but she is well known for her trolling around) about which countries the region "Balkans" include, I decided to make this thread to hear the opinions of people how they define the region.

My opinion is that Balkan countries are ex-Yugoslavia (including Slovenia), Romania, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Albania and Greece.

Anyone thinking something else?

Fixed

Trun
02-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Half of Slovenia is not on the Balkans, and they are Central European Catholics. I don't see Slovenia as Balkan.

пустиняк
02-22-2012, 03:36 PM
my favorite topics :coffee:

Trun
02-22-2012, 03:37 PM
my favorite topics :coffee:

Mine too, hope this one goes better.

Dilberth
02-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Half of Slovenia is not on the Balkans, and they are Central European Catholics. I don't see Slovenia as Balkan.

And half of Croatia isn't also,including Capital City.I'd say everything south of Vienna is Balkans.

Duke
02-22-2012, 03:41 PM

So what they are Catholic?

They are CE, because all of them know yodeling

BKotyTqdInk

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trun
02-22-2012, 03:42 PM
And half of Croatia isn't also,including Capital City.I'd say everything south of Vienna is Balkans.

http://wiki-images.enotes.com/thumb/b/b6/Balkan_topo_en.jpg/350px-Balkan_topo_en.jpg

For me Croatia also is not very Balkan culturally and historically, but most of your territory is on the Balkans.

Queen B
02-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Romania not so much, but the rest, yes.

Trun
02-22-2012, 03:46 PM

I count Romania as Balkan because of the Thracian ancestry, Orthodox religion and similar traditions, folklore and history with other Balkan countries, mostly Bulgaria, Albania and Greece.

Radojica
02-22-2012, 03:50 PM

Half of Romania isn't either, same as 20% of Serbia...if you count like this, only Bulgaria, Montenegro, Albania and Greece are Balkan countries..

And what is Central European Catholics :confused:? Some new religion or what :chin:?

Anyway, as I have seen here, many have skipped their geographical lessons in their elementary school, as this is the subject for the 6th grade of elementary school (at least in Serbia) so that could lead to one another more important question: how much responses of those who don't know Balkan boundaries and yet still participate about Balkan issues should be taken for real and serious...

dralos
02-22-2012, 03:50 PM
feurfei does this thread include looks,culture...of balkans or is it just to discuss geography

Kanuni
02-22-2012, 03:51 PM

I think the same.

Trun
02-22-2012, 03:53 PM
feurfei does this thread include looks,culture...of balkans or is it just to discuss geography

Everything, physical similarities are less important in this case but still can bring some light on the problem about the boundaries.

Half of Romania isn't either, same as 20% of Serbia...if you count like this, only Bulgaria, Montenegro, Albania and Greece are Balkan countries..

And what is Central European Catholics :confused:? Some new religion or what :chin:?

When some parts of the country lie outside of the peninsula, culture, history, folklore, politics and even physical antropology are vital for deciding whether the country is Balkan or not. Romania and Serbia are accepted as Balkan countries, Croatia often, Slovenia rarely, Turkey almost never.

Central European Catholics means people who are Catholic and are closely tied with Central European countries like Austria and Hungary.

Queen B
02-22-2012, 03:53 PM
I count Romania as Balkan because of the Thracian ancestry, Orthodox religion and similar traditions, folklore and history with other Balkan countries, mostly Bulgaria, Albania and Greece.

Balkan is a geographical term

dralos
02-22-2012, 03:54 PM

Anyway, as I have seen here, many have skipped their geographical lessons in their elementary school, as this is the subject for the 6th grade of elementary school (at least in Serbia) so that could lead to one another more important question: how much responses of those who don't know Balkan boundaries and yet still participate about Balkan issues should be taken for real and serious...
radojica serbia belongs in scandinavia how you got in balkans is a total mistery on its own,feurfei i think the people who represent balkan the best are albanians,bulgarians
i wouldn't count greeks bcs they have medculture not really balkanic culture
croatia is kinda like a polish greece
romania could have balkanic culture but they are more eastern focused like moldavia

Duke
02-22-2012, 03:54 PM
I think the same.

Me too, they are too fugly to be Balkan

Trun
02-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Balkan is a geographical term

Romania has territories on the Balkans, so if we play pure geography, Romania is Balkan country, so are Turkey, Slovenia and even Italy because of Triest.

radojica serbia belongs in scandinavia how you got in balkans is a total mistery on its own,feurfei i think the people who represent balkan the best are albanians,bulgarians
i wouldn't count greeks bcs they have medculture not really balkanic culture
croatia is kinda like a polish greece
romania could have balkanic culture but they are more eastern focused like moldavia

Please serious about Serbia.
What is "Med culture" and "Balkanic culture" according to you? Bulgaria has Slavic culture, Greece has Hellenic culture, Albania has Albanian culture, but they both have similar folklore, music, cuisine and so on.

Ushtari
02-22-2012, 04:01 PM
balkan starts in Slovenia, every 1 who live in northern europe and travel down during summer knows this

dralos
02-22-2012, 04:02 PM
balkan starts in Slovenia, every 1 who live in northern europe and travel down during summer knows this
aahahah ushtar well said:D

Queen B
02-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Romania has territories on the Balkans, so if we play pure geography, Romania is Balkan country, so are Turkey, Slovenia and even Italy because of Triest.

If you included Romania, then yes, you should include all the rest too.

But it would be better to include those that their majority of land is in the balkans,

dralos
02-22-2012, 04:04 PM
If you included Romania, then yes, you should include all the rest too.

But it would be better to include those that their majority of land is in the balkans,
dandelions you greeks ain't tough enough to be balkanites,you belong to south europe

пустиняк
02-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Slovenia isn't Balkan - they don't listen turbo folk.

Queen B
02-22-2012, 04:07 PM
dandelions you greeks ain't tough enough to be balkanites,you belong to south europe
Tough you mean drug and women trafficking and mafia?
Then, no, we aren't.

You have to realize that Balkan is a geographical term.

Trun
02-22-2012, 04:08 PM

We all belong to South Europe since Balkans geographically are in South Europe.

Dilberth
02-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Slovenia isn't Balkan - they don't listen turbo folk.

They do,you don't know them

пустиняк
02-22-2012, 04:15 PM
They do,you don't know them

I have been there and I haven't heard.

Anyway they don't make such music. Their music is too European for me.

Trun
02-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Tough you mean drug and women trafficking and mafia?

Communism doesn't spare anyone.

I have been there and I haven't heard.

Anyway they don't make such music. Their is music is to European for me.

Do Croats listen to turbo folk?

safinator
02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
I consider also Slovenia and Romania Balkans.
You ain't gonna escaping from your Balkan heritage:cool::cool:

Duke
02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Do Croats listen to turbo folk?

Yes, but not so much anymore, it was very popular for a few years.

...and we dont make it, well i guess this would be closest thing to Croat TF, hehe

3dx6BfFHTnM

пустиняк
02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes, but not so much anymore, it was very popular for a few years.

...and we dont make it, well i guess this would be closest thing to Croat TF

3dx6BfFHTnM

Croatian music is very European for me too

Trun
02-22-2012, 04:23 PM
I've met Croats and they acted pretty "Balkan" if you ask me :laugh:

пустиняк
02-22-2012, 04:25 PM
hJIdKfJGqEc

Duke
02-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Croatian music is very European for me too

Balkan isnt in Europe?

Trun
02-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Balkan music isnt European?

Probably.

Trun
02-22-2012, 04:31 PM

Duke
02-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Probably.

This song is influenced by Istrian folk, do you consider it Balkanic?

6ohzIcI9dCk

Sikeliot
02-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Guys, cut it out with the gross comments.. keep the thread on topic. I'll only ask once.

Trun
02-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Can you see such things in Croatia:

A_GK4OgmA3w

6TouSviVD58

If not, you are not Balkanites :D

dralos
02-22-2012, 04:41 PM

A_GK4OgmA3w

6TouSviVD58

if this is the standard then i think you can scratch albanians from the balkans too:D,i haven't seen stuff like this

Duke
02-22-2012, 04:44 PM

A_GK4OgmA3w

6TouSviVD58

Thats Turkish belly dancing, its not something folk here, but some girls dance it as modern thing

dralos
02-22-2012, 04:46 PM

What is "Med culture" and "Balkanic culture" according to you? Bulgaria has Slavic culture, Greece has Hellenic culture, Albania has Albanian culture, but they both have similar folklore, music, cuisine and so on.
feurfei to me medculture is for instance more peacefully and more west european centered,the guys are more femine and the people there have had a more peaceful past in this last century(no communism),balkanic culture is about all the bad things that have happend you,they make us strong and crazy,and the it's more macho society and less western european,and the word kurva is widely used:D:D:D

Trun
02-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Thats Turkish belly dancing, its not something folk here, but some girls dance it as modern thing

It's not folk, it's what filthy Turks brought here. This kind of shitty music is listened in all discos here.

feurfei to me medculture is for instance more peacefully and more west european centered,the guys are more femine and the people there have had a more peaceful past in this last century(no communism),balkanic culture is about all the bad things that have happend you,they make us strong and crazy,and the it's more macho society and less western european,and the word kurva is widely used:D:D:D

This what you describe about swearing is lack of culture, not culture.

if this is the standard then i think you can scratch albanians from the balkans too:D,i haven't seen stuff like this

Since you live in Belgium, you can't have seen it, but in Albania it's very popular.

Duke
02-22-2012, 04:54 PM
It's not folk, it's what filthy Turks brought here. This kind of shitty music is listened in all discos here.

I see, but here its quite recent, like few years ago

Trun
02-22-2012, 04:56 PM

It's oldest in Serbia, about few hundred years ago :laugh:

dralos
02-22-2012, 05:00 PM

Since you live in Belgium, you can't have seen it, but in Albania it's very popular.
you say that cursing is a lack of culture but everybody in balkan curses intelectuals included,it's a piece of balkan culture:D
and i visit albania/kosova every year so i think i know quite a bit
EQoTtJMPHV0
this is something i found:D:D:D

safinator
02-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Somewhat popular in Peasant types.
No respectable person here listens to Turbofolk.

Trun
02-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Somewhat popular in Peasant types.
No respectable person here listens to Turbofolk.

Same here.

bimo
02-22-2012, 08:08 PM

I came to a conclusion

so italy is in balkan because of triest
some italian island are more near to tunisia than sicily , so italy is even africa!
so... if italy is both in balkan and africa , even balkan is in africa!
balkan nigger power is back!!!

hajduk
02-22-2012, 08:19 PM
It's not folk, it's what filthy Turks brought here. This kind of shitty music is listened in all discos here
Was it listened before Democracy? This shit was brought to Bulgaria from Serbia, starting all these turbo folk Ceca, Dragana style, and then covered in bulgarian

morski
02-22-2012, 08:21 PM

Slavo-Byzantine I'd say.

Insuperable
02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
I hope that my fellow Croats wont be mad but the most prominent people ( politicians, scientists, academics... ) in Croatia come from Dalmatia and yet Dalmatia is in Balkans while Slavonia ( agriculture ) is not.

derLowe
02-22-2012, 08:26 PM

A_GK4OgmA3w

6TouSviVD58

Some people are trying to introduce it here in South Africa.

I am not a fan of this form of dancing, to me it lacks grace and form, give me a good ballet any day.

Bakura
02-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Balkans is pure geographically term and there's nothing culturally and ethnically common between some countries such as Serbia and Albania or Croatia and Greece. It has long been defined what is Balkans so such threads don't have any purpose.

Minesweeper
02-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Was it listened before Democracy? This shit was brought to Bulgaria from Serbia, starting all these turbo folk Ceca, Dragana style, and then covered in bulgarian

I don't know really, but I do know that Ceca and Dragana are nuns compared to Bulgarian female singers of that shitty music. Don't get me wrong but they are truly uber sluts judging by what I saw. It hasn't evolved to that level here, yet.:icon_neutral:

derLowe
02-22-2012, 08:44 PM

I am sure the Croatian national identity and pride will kick in and that form of dancing will be relegated to the fringe.

hajduk
02-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't know really, but I do know that Ceca and Dragana are nuns compared to Bulgarian female singers of that shitty music. Don't get me wrong but they are truly uber sluts judging by what I saw. It hasn't evolved to that level here, yet.:icon_neutral:

Yes I know, but I mean such music didn't exist before Democracy came. It was prohibited by the communistic regime. I just mentioned it came from Yugoslavia, and degenerated pretty much.

Bakura
02-22-2012, 08:46 PM

2HaDA9TnmWc

I don't understand no single word. Bulgarian sounds like Russian trying to speak Serbian.

dralos
02-22-2012, 08:47 PM
2HaDA9TnmWc

I don't understand no single word. Bulgarian sounds like Russian trying to speak Serbian.
fake boobs
fake lips
fake hair colour
fake hair
:D
my type:D

Guapo
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
I just mentioned it came from Yugoslavia

http://www.ex-yupress.com/nin/nin151.html

morski
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
You sound like a Czech trying to speak Bulgarian.

Minesweeper
02-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Yes I know, but I mean such music didn't exist before Democracy came. It was prohibited by the communistic regime. I just mentioned it came from Yugoslavia, and degenerated pretty much.

Probably, however the precursor of that music that evolved in the late 70's was much more innocent and somewhat catchy and humorous, for example Mile voli disko and so on.:D

But it evolved into a monster, who would have guessed that?:(

Duke
02-22-2012, 08:50 PM
I am sure the Croatian national identity and pride will kick in and that form of dancing will be relegated to the fringe.

naa, most of the girls who dance it are sexy, and they do it more like sport to develop wicked hip work, hehe :wink

C6O3qyUzVpM

i have nothing against it :D

hajduk
02-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Thats the music my parents grew up, not the oriental belly dancing, the younger generation is growing up :)
A4r9tdgb3wQ
1oYEkUM-2C4
_jUEtYEwrgc
lWtZlXyeoXc
KcEBNIH6AhY

morski
02-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Before the advent of Bulgarian chalga people, especially from Western Bulgaria who were able to catch Yugo-tv and radio, used to listen to Serbian turbo folk, but back then it was just a display of bad taste. After the regime fell and around the mid 90s the plague was already starting to spread...

dralos
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Before the advent of Bulgarian chalga people, especially from Western Bulgaria who were able to catch Yugo-tv and radio, used to listen to Serbian turbo folk, but back then it was just a display of bad taste. After the regime fell and around the mid 90s the plague was already starting to spread...
the serbs ruin everything:D

derLowe
02-22-2012, 09:01 PM
naa, most of the girls who dance it are sexy, and they do it more like sport to develop wicked hip work, hehe :wink

C6O3qyUzVpM

i have nothing against it :D

As they say, everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

hajduk
02-22-2012, 09:02 PM

That was I talkin about. Villagers from my village were able to catch PINK tv, and was very cool drinking all night, listening some serbian pop star

Guapo
02-22-2012, 09:04 PM

you must be very young, both Serb and Bulgar nations always copied one another in cheesy music and songs. Turbofolk is an invention of Greece and Turkey really.

morski
02-22-2012, 09:10 PM
you must be very young, both Serb and Bulgar nations always copied one another in cheesy music and songs. Turbofolk is an invention of Greece and Turkey really.

My age is in my public profile. And as ranger already stated above turbofolk showed its ugly face in Bulgaria from the West...

and now it's government policy:
http://www.24chasa.bg/Images/Cache/Image_178030_6.jpg

:puke:

hajduk
02-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Even on 31th December, the new year eve concert, we had Goran Bregovic in the centre of our capital. As Morski stated this is government policy now

rashka
02-22-2012, 09:14 PM
This shit was brought to Bulgaria from Serbia, starting all these turbo folk Ceca, Dragana style, and then covered in bulgarian

I would not even consider their music turbo folk in the sense that people are making it sound.

Are you sure Bulgarian music was not an import from Romania or vice versa?

n-j72ZQ3iTI
hMirqXqQI9M
2vehmF4UqhM

:thumbs up

Minesweeper
02-22-2012, 09:16 PM
I hate this Costi guy, he truly annoys me.:mad:

rashka
02-22-2012, 09:20 PM
the serbs ruin everything:D

Albanian-Turk alliance. Doing what they do best. :D
m-HWgF5id8Y

Guapo
02-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Even on 31th December, the new year eve concert, we had Goran Bregovic in the centre of our capital. As Morski stated this is government policy now

So? he played in the center of many U.S. cities in the summertimes too.

Bakura
02-22-2012, 09:21 PM

Why does you all burdening yourself of something by which you have no connection with? There's quite more serious problems in our countries than turbofolk. I personally dislike most of that turbofolk except few songs, but I don't think much about it cuz know that I can't change nothing. Everyone has their own taste for music and it's undisputed. Most important thing is to live and enjoy in life how much you can. I'm not rich, I don't have money for go out on parties and have fun, but not matter. I think that with this post I said what I meant to say.

dralos
02-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Why does you all burdening yourself of something by which you have no connection with? There's quite more serious problems in our countries than turbofolk. I personally dislike most of that turbofolk except few songs, but I don't think much about it cuz know that I can't change nothing. Everyone has their own taste for music and it's undisputed. Most important thing is to live and enjoy in life how much you can. I'm not rich, I don't have money for go out on parties and have fun, but not matter. I think that with this post I said what I meant to say.
you aren't rich,no i thought you were like a rich bill gates ready to go for battle:D

Kanuni
02-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Albanian-Turk alliance. :D
m-HWgF5id8Y

Kocek System...

Ask Guapo(he knows well) his male ancestors were grabbed by Turks and forced to bellydance in meyhanas in Istanbul.Poor them they got sexually abused by hairy Turks.

Rron
02-22-2012, 09:36 PM
rashka those people are not even Albanians, because some idiot has written in that video Albanian- turkish wedding doesnt mean that is true , also those things are not in our tradition ,but after i read some of your posts i really doubt that you are able to understand anything .

morski
02-22-2012, 09:54 PM

Check out this nun:

http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/01.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/02.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/03.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/04.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/05.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/06.jpg

:eek:

dralos
02-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Check out this nun:

http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/01.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/02.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/03.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/04.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/05.jpg
http://vagro.blog.bg/photos/1847/original/06.jpg

:eek:

is she serbian?

morski
02-22-2012, 10:02 PM
She's def Ex-Yu. I can read savez srbi in the background of the second pic. Don't really know.

My point being this shit was imported in here from Yugoslavia through and through- behaviour, clothes, mannerism, mentality, etc.

SaxonCeorl
02-22-2012, 10:28 PM
I generally think of the Balkans as being the ex-Yugoslav countries only. I can see, however, why countries like Greece and Bulgaria could also been included due to proximity.

Radojica
02-22-2012, 10:48 PM
She's a gypsy, an import from Bulgaria. Who are those old farts? :eek:

Actually, she Serbian wedding "singer" Vesna Vukelic Vendi, the biggest love of Ekrem :puke:

bimo
02-22-2012, 11:24 PM
That was I talkin about. Villagers from my village were able to catch PINK tv, and was very cool drinking all night, listening some serbian pop star

lol , i remeber pink tv in the television of my uncle more of ten years ago, thank to evrokom cable tv , now with bulsat.com there is DM SAT , the party continue

rashka
02-22-2012, 11:38 PM
I don't know how they got to make it look like these girls were actually dancing to Serbian turbo-folk.
LOL
L1fJX4e7c_k

rashka
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
I think Poland is not immune to turbo folk either. :wink

-_QSnOsih8s

mymy
02-23-2012, 12:39 AM

This Czech song is in the same rang with turbo folk, imho. :D

ZrRPjIKRmts

I heard it is Czech version of some German song, but anyway, she sings like turbo singer.

Guapo
02-23-2012, 01:10 AM
Kocek System...

Ask Guapo(he knows well) his male ancestors were grabbed by Turks and forced to bellydance in meyhanas in Istanbul.Poor them they got sexually abused by hairy Turks.

Me? you're the one that look like a swarthy Turk, probably becasue you are one, albo mudslim

Guapo
02-23-2012, 01:12 AM
You never said you were in Croatia then! We could've grabbed a pint. :(

I'll grab one with you when i visit my Serbian relatives in Sibenik, tell Monolith and balija.

Heretik
02-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Why do I sense hostility in your posts? Are you angry? Bitter? I simply cannot understand. :(

mymy
02-23-2012, 01:31 AM
So... anyone wants cupcakes and coffee?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QfLCX9aa9bA/Tr18DhK4XVI/AAAAAAAABwE/NrRhSZcQXiI/s1600/cupcakes+and+coffee.jpg

Guapo
02-23-2012, 01:33 AM
So... anyone wants cupcakes and coffee?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QfLCX9aa9bA/Tr18DhK4XVI/AAAAAAAABwE/NrRhSZcQXiI/s1600/cupcakes+and+coffee.jpg

as long as you serve with a smile and a miniskirt :love:

hajduk
02-23-2012, 05:45 AM
lol , i remeber pink tv in the television of my uncle more of ten years ago, thank to evrokom cable tv , now with bulsat.com there is DM SAT , the party continue
:laugh:
Yes my villagers now have DM SAT,
Its the same shit, some old classic tought :laugh:

Trun
02-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Turkey.
Then Serbia and Greece.
Then Romania, Bulgaria and Albania.

The path of turbo folk and other similar shit.

Trun
02-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Can we pay some attention to something else now? Balkans are not only turbo folk.

Drawing-slim
02-23-2012, 06:27 AM
The only true balkan people are albos.
The rest of you are guests behaving badly throughout history.
So its about time you all shut the fuck up, starting with the big mouth serbia! What a crazy broad this serbia turned out to be, fucking a!

пустиняк
02-23-2012, 06:37 AM
That's cool Balkan look. Fuck all metrosexual bullshits.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Ilyo_Voyvoda.jpg

Rron
02-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Can we pay some attention to something else now? Balkans are not only turbo folk.
Yeah
cOfGCoKTubE

Mordid
02-23-2012, 11:41 AM

-_QSnOsih8s
Sound rather RnB to me.

Drawing-slim
02-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Serbia vs kosovo MMA fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HD1WA8MdoQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

memobekes
02-23-2012, 01:27 PM
I personally know Greeks who distance themselves from the Balkans as much as possible...

Absinthe
02-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I personally know Greeks who distance themselves from the Balkans as much as possible...
That's wishful thinking... :D They prefer to associate with the delicate and wealthy Italians rather than their scruffy Balkan neighbours :P

Greece is predominantly Balkan (the mainland at least), but also mediterranean (the islands), and equally Eastern and Western in mentality. Hence, we combine the good and bad features of at least two continents and three geopolitical regions. :p

Trun
02-23-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think Greece is different from the other Balkan countries because of the Mediterranean sea, since Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Albania border the Mediterranean too. Especially for Croats, the Mediterranean sea is as important as it is for Greeks.

That's wishful thinking... :D They prefer to associate with the delicate and wealthy Italians rather than their scruffy Balkan neighbours :P

Luckily, Greeks I've met IRL don't feel any specific connection with Italy. They view themselves as Balkanites.

hajduk
02-23-2012, 02:52 PM
I don't think Greece is different from the other Balkan countries because of the Mediterranean sea, since Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Albania border the Mediterranean too. Especially for Croats, the Mediterranean sea is as important as it is for Greeks.

Luckily, Greeks I've met IRL don't feel any specific connection with Italy. They view themselves as Balkanites.

You should visit Greece but better don't revail your ethnicity, they will treat you well, since you can fit among them quite well :coffee:

Queen B
02-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Wrong.
First of all, ALL the Ionians are very connected to Italians. Many common customs, the dialect is also affected by Venetians, and are ''fond'' of Italians.
Unlike Ottoman, the Ionian islands under the Venetian rule were blooming, in economy, art and culture.

And even if we liked it or not, we share common history too. Greeks in Southern Italy, Roman empire/Byzantine (Eastern Roman empire).

Also, the mentality and they attitude of Greeks and Italians are similar.
Loud, talkactive, like partying and food,values,same thoughts of family hierarchy, full of corruption,etc.

Una Fazza una razza, they say...

You should visit Greece but better don't revail your ethnicity, they will treat you well, since you can fit among them quite well :coffee:

He won't fit. His mentality, as shown here, is not typical to Greek.
But he will be treated well anyway. We are good people :cool:

dralos
02-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Wrong.
First of all, ALL the Ionians are very connected to Italians. Many common customs, the dialect is also affected by Venetians, and are ''fond'' of Italians.
Unlike Ottoman, the Ionian islands under the Venetian rule were blooming, in economy, art and culture.

And even if we liked it or not, we share common history too. Greeks in Southern Italy, Roman empire/Byzantine (Eastern Roman empire).

Also, the mentality and they attitude of Greeks and Italians are similar.
Loud, talkactive, like partying and food,values,same thoughts of family hierarchy, full of corruption,etc.

Una Fazza una razza, they say...

we share also many many things with italians and don't forget the arbereshe in italy(calabria),we've also a very long history with them,then we belong in the same category with southitalians too:D

Trun
02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Also, the mentality and they attitude of Greeks and Italians are similar.Loud, talkative, like partying and food,values,same thoughts of family hierarchy, full of corruption,etc.

Same here.

Of course I can fit, Greeks have told me that.
But you are right about attitude, you Greeks (generally speaking) are too serious and your sense of humour is not very developed. You, for example, can't catch my jokes, but you can generalize about Balkan men for example and think you don't insult anyone :p Though Greeks are generally intelligent people and worth talking too. Just a bit selfish and overestimate themselves.

пустиняк
02-23-2012, 05:46 PM
We don't eat that much as Greeks that's for sure or at least our women don't eat like Greek ones

Queen B
02-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Of course I can fit, Greeks have told me that.
But you are right about attitude, you Greeks (generally speaking) are too serious and your sense of humour is not very developed.
Our sense of humor is simply different.:coffee:

You, for example, can't catch my jokes, but you can generalize about Balkan men for example and think you don't insult anyone :p Though Greeks are generally intelligent people and worth talking too. Just a bit selfish and overestimate themselves.

Its not my problem if you can't understand what I am saying. You are always falsifing my sayings, and make generalizations that I haven't done.

If you read what you want to read and not what I actually say, then obviously you feel insulted. No other Balkan person commented about my what I said about the rest of Balkanese except Greeks. You know why? Because when we talk about looks, its a matter of taste.

I said that I don't like Balkan men, except Greeks.. This is my own goddamn taste.
And I don't like neither Scandos, nor German looking guys. Should they also feel insulted?

Queen B
02-23-2012, 05:53 PM
We don't eat that much as Greeks that's for sure or at least our women don't eat like Greek ones

Hahahha, :lol00002::lol00002: haha. True.

We - Greeks in general - love food ..

hajduk
02-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Anyway this guy Feufrei links bulgarians to greeks, I want to point out we bulgarians dont feel any connection with these people. For us they are as foreigner as Finns are. Clear

Trun
02-23-2012, 05:55 PM
If you read what you want to read and not what I actually say, then obviously you feel insulted. No other Balkan person commented about my what I said about the rest of Balkanese except Greeks. You know why? Because when we talk about looks, its a matter of taste.

I said that I don't like Balkan men, except Greeks.. This is my own goddamn taste.
And I don't like neither Scandos, nor German looking guys. Should they also feel insulted?

Because I wanted to pass in your bed... :cry2

Joke, lol :D Peace?

dralos
02-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Anyway this guy Feufrei links bulgarians to greeks, I want to point out we bulgarians dont feel any connection with these people. For us they are as foreigner as Finns are. Clear
ranger you guys feel the same about albanians?

пустиняк
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah what is this obsesion with Greeks of feuer when he even said that our soldiers should supported Greeks in their war with Turks in Anadola in 1921-22

Trun

Don't speak from the side of all Bulgarians. Do you have Greek friends?

Yeah what is this obsesion with Greeks of feuer when he even said that our soldiers should supported Greeks in their war with Turks in Anadola in 1921-22

Better Greeks than Turks.

hajduk
Yeah what is this obsesion with Greeks with feuer when he even said that our soldiers should supported Greeks in their war with Turks in Anadola

He really said that?

Trun
02-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Lol, don't speak since you don't know the whole matter of that time. It was all about Thrace.

пустиняк
02-23-2012, 06:00 PM
We should have helped them against the Turks in Greko-Turkish war, then they'd have returned Thrace and parts of Macedonia to us.

Why we should help them to get land which is our ? This is complete bs.

пустиняк
02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Better Greeks than Turks.

None of them when matters about politics

Trun
02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Why we should help them to get land which is our ? This is complete bs.

Which is ours, West Asia Minor? West Thrace is ours, and the Great Powers took it from us and gave it to them. If Greece would have received West Asia Minor, they would have returned West Thrace to us, because they didn't want to border Turkey in Europe.
I know much about that matter.

Also, we could have received East Thrace from the Turks...

пустиняк
02-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Which is ours, West Asia Minor? West Thrace is ours, and the Great Powers took it from us and gave it to them. If Greece would have received West Asia Minor, they would have returned West Thrace to us, because they didn't want to border Turkey in Europe.
I know much about that matter.

:lol: sure a ?

Queen B
02-23-2012, 06:05 PM

:thumb001:

Joke, lol :D Peace?

Peace

Trun
02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
:lol: sure a ?

They won the second Balkan war, but took back only Kavala. They just didn't want to border Turkey.
Politics is not that simple, and Ferdinand was a bad politician who wanted Thesalloniki. Also, he shouldn't have attacked Serbia.

hajduk
02-23-2012, 06:07 PM

Peace

Its mutual. If he has Greek friends, he shouldn't exaggerate the similiraties between us. Despite we're both orthodoxy countries, I can't think of any other similarities thats it

dralos
02-23-2012, 06:08 PM
feurfei you bulgarians are just albanians with a bit of turanid influences,end of story
now lets talk about somethingelse forget the greeks they aren't niggerish enough

Trun
02-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Its mutual. If he has Greek friends, he shouldn't exaggerate the similiraties between us. Despite we're both orthodoxy countries, I can't think of any other similarities thats it

North Greece shares some folklore, South Greece shares only the behaviour when on the table.
And both countries have hot women, Bulgaria more of course, no offence to Greekies :P

dralos
02-23-2012, 06:12 PM
i want to ask you bulgars are we connected to eachother (looks,culture...)

Trun
02-23-2012, 06:16 PM
i want to ask you Bulgarians are we connected to eachother (looks,culture...)

Except the religion, yes we are. We are both Balkan warriors.

hajduk
02-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Except the religion, yes we are. We are both Balkan warriors.

Which bulgarian clan you hail from?

Queen B
02-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Although the overhelming majority is Orthodox, Greeks (except older people) are not really that religious.
Religion is more like a custom to us...

F.e. I am not religious. I don't go to church, I don't ''make my cross'', I don't feast, I do nothing of all. But I will celebrate easter and other customs like that, and most importantly, I won't marry/date someone out of this religion (maybe an atheist). Because its part of my culture.

I think the ''religion'' brotherhood, is over exaggerated. And I am not talking about Bulgarians, but many other so-called Orthodox brothers.

Mordid
02-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Which bulgarian clan you hail from?
tokoyo, near vitosha.

dralos
02-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Although the overhelming majority is Orthodox, Greeks (except older people) are not really that religious.

F.e. I am not religious. I don't go to church, I don't ''make my cross'', I don't feast, I do nothing of all. But I will celebrate easter and other customs like that, and most importantly, I won't marry/date someone out of this religion (maybe an atheist). Because its part of my culture.

I think the ''religion'' brotherhood, is over exaggerated. And I am not talking about Bulgarians, but many other so-called Orthodox brothers.
give the arvanites and albanians from epirus back:D

Queen B
02-23-2012, 06:27 PM
give the arvanites and albanians from epirus back:D

take them all back!

Especially the 1million immigrants.:p

Trun
02-23-2012, 06:29 PM

I thought Greeks are among the most religious people in Europe (at least according to Eurostat).
Whatever, I think the connection between the Balkanites (and other Slavs for Bulgarians) comes to when one sits on a table for example, I think Bulgarians will have more common topics with Serbs/Romanians/Albos/Greeks and even Turks (history is favourite :D ) than with Germans/Brits or Finns as ranger mentioned. I know it from personal experience.

dralos
02-23-2012, 06:30 PM
take them all back!

i want them all back really i hope they're returning,but that's gonna be difficult since many albos have built many things in greece and have real estate there:(

dralos
02-23-2012, 06:31 PM
take them all back!

dandelion it surprises me that you consider arvanites albanians since most greeks deny this and about albanians from epirus how comes you're different

Queen B
02-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I thought Greeks are among the most religious people in Europe (at least according to Eurostat).
Whatever, I think the connection between the Balkanites (and other Slavs for Bulgarians) comes to when one sits on a table for example, I think Bulgarians will have more common topics with Serbs/Romanians/Albos/Greeks and even Turks (history is favourite :D ) than with Germans/Brits or Finns as ranger mentioned. I know it from personal experience.

Well, if you ask them what's you religion, the overhelming majority, will say ''Orthodox Christian'' hence the statistics. What I mean, is that only the elders follow (going to church, feast and follow the rituals).

Young people usually don't care. If you ask any young, most likely they go to church once a year, Christmas or Easter..

i want them all back really i hope they're returning,but that's gonna be difficult since many albos have built many things in greece and have real estate there:(

Not exactly. There are actually very few that own property. When you residence permit is not very sure , then , its not wise to buy property.
Most Albanians I know, send the money to their families back in Albania, or invest there.
Actually, most Balkan immigrants, not only Albanians.

I remember 4-5 years ago, I remember a woman from Bulgaria, which was around 55-60 y.o. She had studied Economics in Bulgaria, but working as an elderly carer earn more . She was living to the old woman's house, eat there, so almost all the money she earned (which at THAT time was double as in Bulgaria, working as an economologist) was sent there. She bought 2 houses for her son :thumb001::thumb001:

dandelion it surprises me that you consider arvanites albanians since most greeks deny this and about albanians from epirus how comes you're different

As you saw, I didn't mention Arvanites in my post, only the immigrants.
Whatever I consider them, the important is what they consider themselves to be.

If you ask an Arvanite what he is , he ll say he is Greek. So if he feels like, and if he has Greek ancestry (which has, but also have some Albanian), then why not to consider him a Greek?

dralos
02-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Well, if you ask them what's you religion, the overhelming majority, will say ''Orthodox Christian'' hence the statistics. What I mean, is that only the elders follow (going to church, feast and follow the rituals).

Young people usually don't care. If you ask any young, most likely they go to church once a year, Christmas or Easter..

Not exactly. There are actually very few that own property. When you residence permit is not very sure , then , its not wise to buy property.
Most Albanians I know, send the money to their families back in Albania, or invest there.
Actually, most Balkan immigrants, not only Albanians.

I remember 4-5 years ago, I remember a woman from Bulgaria, which was around 55-60 y.o. She had studied Economics in Bulgaria, but working as an elderly carer earn more . She was living to the old woman's house, eat there, so almost all the money she earned (which at THAT time was double as in Bulgaria, working as an economologist) was sent there. She bought 2 houses for her son :thumb001::thumb001:

As you saw, I didn't mention Arvanites in my post, only the immigrants.
Whatever I consider them, the important is what they consider themselves to be.

If you ask an Arvanite what he is , he ll say he is Greek. So if he feels like, and if he has Greek ancestry (which has, but also have some Albanian), then why not to consider him a Greek?
and i just began to like you:D
here in albanian tv there was some debate and they said it was difficult to move back bcs they own alot of things in greece

Trun
02-23-2012, 06:49 PM

Same for Slavophones, most of them will say they are Greeks either of really feeling like one since so many years in Greek schools and workplaces, or from fear of the authorities.

Queen B
02-23-2012, 07:01 PM
and i just began to like you:D
here in albanian tv there was some debate and they said it was difficult to move back bcs they own alot of things in greece
Never heard of one owning a house here, even from the ones that live here for many years (early 90s)
Many own a car, true, and a couple are running business.

I have talked to some Albanians, and they said to me, that they don't want to return, because they have a life here difficult to change. I mean their kids are born and/or raised, have their friends, etc etc
Same as always happen with diaspora.

Same for Slavophones, most of them will say they are Greeks either of really feeling like one since so many years in Greek schools and workplaces, or from fear of the authorities.
No offence but that's bullshit.
If that was the case, NOONE would every claim something different from Greek.
But as you can see, people claim to be Turks, pomaks, Roma, even some hundreds of Fyromians, too. And publicly

Trun
02-23-2012, 07:06 PM
But as you can see, people claim to be Turks, pomaks, Roma, even some hundreds of Fyromians, too. And publicly

So you say it's safe for Bulgarians to claim they are Bulgarians in Greece?
And does anyone in Greece claim to be Fyromanian? That's sad, it means we dropped the ball in that case.

dralos
02-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Never heard of one owning a house here, even from the ones that live here for many years (early 90s)
Many own a car, true, and a couple are running business.

I have talked to some Albanians, and they said to me, that they don't want to return, because they have a life here difficult to change. I mean their kids are born and/or raised, have their friends, etc etc
Same as always happen with diaspora.

dandelion i have heard the opposite of what you're saying here,many albs in greece have money and business and they have real estate

dralos
02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
And does anyone in Greece claim to be Fyromanian? That's sad, it means we dropped the ball in that case.
offcourse it's not,claiming albanian ethnicity is forbidden in greece,you had to change your name to get a jjob there

Queen B
02-23-2012, 07:16 PM

Of course it is safe..Duhhhh

And yes, there are some hundreds that claim to be Fyromians (not more than 2-3.000 though) .And they even have a political party (that got very few votes :lol:) So, if THEY don't have a problem to declare what they are, why anyone else would?

dandelion i have heard the opposite of what you're saying here,many albs in greece have money and business and they have real estate

I don't doubt, but I have never met one that has a house here (a business, yes ). And Athens is full of Albanians (although mostly the more recent ones and illegal ) and my hometown, too.
In fact, in my hometown, there are 40.000 Greeks, and 10.000 Albanians, the ones that got in Greece very early and are well integrated.

Queen B
02-23-2012, 07:16 PM
offcourse it's not,claiming albanian ethnicity is forbidden in greece,you had to change your name to get a jjob there
:lol: :lol:

Haha, so why there are more than 1 million Albanians in Greece? :lol:

Trun
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
And they even have a political party (that got very few votes :lol:)

Does the name of the party has something to do with the man on my avatar? :lol:

dralos
02-23-2012, 07:20 PM
:lol: :lol:

Haha, so why there are more than 1 million Albanians in Greece? :lol:
now they're coming back to mother albania:)

Queen B
02-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Does the name of the party has something to do with the man on my avatar? :lol:

No, (:lol: ) it is called rainbow or zinovito , and has a rainbow as a flag or something.

Its hilarious, coz in the first elections, they got votes from women, that liked the rainbow :lol:

Trun
02-23-2012, 07:25 PM
No, (:lol: ) it is called rainbow or zinovito , and has a rainbow as a flag or something.

Its hilarious, coz in the first elections, they got votes from women, that liked the rainbow :lol:

:lol: I thought they received from some other people related to rainbows :laugh:

purple
02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Slovenia is too civilized to be Balkan. People there have Northern Italian and German mentality. Bulgaria is what I call uber-Balkan. Not because I'm Bulgarian, but because my country is epitope for everything Balkan. I would add Serbia, Macedonia and Albania also, Southern Romania, European Turkey and Northern Greece.

dralos
02-23-2012, 07:26 PM

dandelion you said you can easily distinguish albs from greeks,but how is that possible since the arvanites and epirus are albanian also but you see them like greeks,and epirus albanians look closely to tosks

Trun
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
slovenia is too civilized to be balkan. People there have northern italian and german mentality. Bulgaria is what i call uber-balkan. Not because i'm bulgarian, but because my country is epitope for everything balkan. I would add serbia, macedonia and albania also, southern romania, european turkey and northern greece.

Покажи си циците или се омитай.

purple
02-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Аре спри с тия простотии моля ти се.

Оди си на село:d

hajduk
02-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Аре спри с тия простотии моля ти се.

Оди си на село:d

ми покажи си путката тогава

Queen B
02-23-2012, 07:37 PM
:lol: I thought they received from some other people related to rainbows :laugh:
Possible.
The rainbow is also a gay flag :lol:

dandelion you said you can easily distinguish albs from greeks,but how is that possible since the arvanites are albanian also but you see them like greeks,and epirus albanians look closely to tosks

Arvanites are not Albanians that came to Greece the very last years. They integrated in Greece more than 500 years ago. They married Greeks, mixed with Greeks.
Their Albanian element (meaning ''looks) , is not even visible most of times, and also might ''fade'' since so many years have passed. What they keep well is the culture and their language.

bimo
02-23-2012, 10:14 PM
don't exaggerate , north greek have a lot in common with bulgarian not only for the religion , four other greek maybe you are right

Europa
02-23-2012, 10:31 PM
The term "The Balkans" covers not only those countries which lie within the boundaries of the Balkan Peninsula, but may also include Slovenia and Romania.[5] Prior to 1991 the whole of Yugoslavia was considered to be part of the Balkans.[8] The term "The Balkans" is sometimes used to describe only the areas in the Balkan peninsula: Moesia, Macedonia, Thrace, Kosovo, Šumadija, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Dalmatia, Thessaly, Epirus, Peloponnese and others, but more often it includes the rest of former Yugoslavia (Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia) and Romania,[5] namely the provinces of: Vojvodina, Slavonia, Banat, Wallachia, Moldavia, Transylvania, and others. Italy as a totality, is generally accepted as part of Western Europe and the Apennines.The region takes its name from the Stara Planina (Old Mountain) mountain range in Bulgaria and partly in Serbia, commonly known as the Balkan Mountains (likely from the Turkish balkan meaning "a chain of wooded mountains").[1] The name is still preserved in Central Asia where there exist the Balkan Mountains[12] and the Balkan Province of Turkmenistan. On a larger scale, the mountains are only one part of a long continuous chain of mountains crossing the region in the form of a reversed letter S, from the Carpathians south to the Balkan range proper, before marching away east into Anatolian Turkey. On the west coast, an offshoot of the Dinaric Alps follows the coast south through Dalmatia and Albania, crosses Greece and continues into the sea in the form of various islands.

Europa
02-23-2012, 10:35 PM
It's very interesting how some people here are so ignorant and cannot distinguish an ethinsity from race as well as language and customs.

Hess
02-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Culturally speaking, it's ridiculous to say that Slovenians are Balkan people when they don't even consider themselves part of the Balkans.

Europa
02-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I totaly agree with you Mordid.:thumb001:

Guapo
02-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Culturally speaking, it's ridiculous to say that Slovenians are Balkan people when they don't even consider themselves part of the Balkans.

You kidding? they get wasted every day on slivovitz and listen to brass band music like Serbs, they're as mental as they get.

dralos
02-23-2012, 11:19 PM
You kidding? they get wasted every day on slivovitz and listen to brass band music like Serbs, they're as mental as they get.
they aren't,they're typical western europeans:thumb001:

poiuytrewq0987
02-23-2012, 11:25 PM

This. Our culture is same. Hess doesn't know what he's talking about. :rolleyes2:

purple
02-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Serbian-Bulgarian music are very similar:thumbs up

Hess
02-23-2012, 11:45 PM

They see themselves more as Central Europeans (North Italians, Swiss, Austrians, Hungarians, etc.) than as South Slavs (Serbs, Croats, Monteniggers, Burglars, etc.)

poiuytrewq0987
02-23-2012, 11:49 PM
They see themselves more as Central Europeans (North Italians, Swiss, Austrians, Hungarians, etc.) than as South Slavs (Serbs, Croats, Monteniggers, Burglars, etc.)

The only thing in common with Austrians and other Central Europeans have with Slovenians is architecture, nothing else. They're Balkanoids through and through. In fact, the only real divide is religion and that's far as it goes.

Dilberth
02-23-2012, 11:51 PM

Hess it's pure geographical term,not cultural.Or do you think we have something in common with Greeks and FYROM-ians instead with Hungarians and Slovenes?

poiuytrewq0987
02-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Hess it's pure geographical term,not cultural.Or do you think we have something in common with Greeks and FYROM-ians instead with Hungarians and Slovenes?

Just because South Slavs were separated by two different empires for a few centuries doesn't mean we are two different people today. We still have common roots, language, basic culture and mentality. I am more similar to Croats than I am to Greeks for example.

Dilberth
02-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Just because South Slavs were separated by two different empires for a few centuries doesn't mean we are two different people today. We still have common roots, language, basic culture and mentality. I am more similar to Croats than I am to Greeks for example.

You see you have phallanx,you are more Greek than Croat for sure.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_u0XIriS-d3c/SrlIrnjCQyI/AAAAAAAAJ5o/Uc_4zWhA5BA/s400/skopjie_51.jpg

Drawing-slim
02-24-2012, 12:31 AM
^lool, everytime i see this picture of scary macedonian solders

Europa
02-24-2012, 12:54 AM
All Southeastern Slavs are closer to their brothers Southwestern Slavs then to any other "Meta Ethicities".At the same time Southeastern Slavs(Bulgarians,Macedonians) of course have something in common with the Greeks and the Romanians.You should all remember that Slavs came in many sub-types, therefore saying that one "Slavic nation" is more Slavic then the other is ridicilous.

Europa
02-24-2012, 12:55 AM
"Slavic" is cultural term and has nothing to do with the Anthropology

poiuytrewq0987
02-24-2012, 01:02 AM
All Southeastern Slavs are closer to their brothers Southwestern Slavs then to any other "Meta Ethicities".At the same time Southeastern Slavs(Bulgarians,Macedonians) of course have something in common with the Greeks and the Romanians.You should all remember that Slavs came in many sub-types, therefore saying that one "Slavic nation" is more Slavic then the other is ridicilous.

I'm from Macedonia and I feel nothing in common with Greeks. Bulgarians and Macedonians may have been similar at one point but that's changed from a century of separation between both peoples. We're more similar to Serbs and Croats than we are to Bulgarians these days.

Europa
02-24-2012, 01:07 AM
You are free to feel yourself for whoever you like,but DNA my friend never changes....

Dilberth
02-24-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm from Macedonia and I feel nothing in common with Greeks. Bulgarians and Macedonians may have been similar at one point but that's changed from a century of separation between both peoples. We're more similar to Serbs and Croats than we are to Bulgarians these days.

You are American before anything

poiuytrewq0987
02-24-2012, 01:09 AM
You are free to feel yourself for whoever you like,but DNA my friend never changes....

Actually, even that, I'm more genetically similar to other exYus than Bulgarians.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/innocent456/3.jpg

rashka
02-24-2012, 01:15 AM

But Slovenians share a history with Serbs and Croats.

Europa
02-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Ok, I understood.I've got many maps to show you, but I don't what to argue with you ,so I'll stop discuss the subject.Cheers, mate

poiuytrewq0987
02-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Ok, I understood.I've got many maps to show you, but I don't what to argue with you ,so I'll stop discuss the subject.Cheers, mate

I was talking about myself, my genes. I am genetically similar to other exYus, don't know about others but I'd reckon my family is in the same boat and my family isn't a small one neither...

I don't really care about old ethnographic maps, they're just that... old. Bulgarians lost the Balkan wars, the World Wars, and as a result our cultural union was severed. Bulgarians and Macedonians haven't lived in the same country for 99 years and counting.

We may share historical roots but we're more Yugoslav and related to Serbs and Croats than to Bulgarians. I've never been to Bulgaria but the country seems very foreign to me compared to Serbia or other exYu countries where I feel familiar.

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 06:00 AM
And both countries have hot women,

Strongly disagree with that I have been three times in Northern Greece and the hottest girl I've seen was German :eek:
I'm tired of these duner type Greek girls it's just terror for the eye.
You just can't compare Bulgarian and Greek girls.

Trun
02-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Strongly disagree with that I have been three times in Northern Greece and the hottest girl I've seen was German :eek:
I'm tired of these duner type Greek girls it's just terror for the eye.

My friends who study in Plovdiv say the Greek girls in their university are all bombs.

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Bulgarians girls compared to Greeks girls is like comparing German national football team with our loosers.
Probably there are hot Greek girls but I've missed them.
Generally I don't feel any special connection with Greeks esp. newcomers from Anadola.

Trun
02-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Bulgarians girls compared to Greeks girls is like comparing German national football team with our loosers.

That was a rude shot :D Our revenge to dandelion's claim few days ago :cool:

Absinthe
02-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Probably there are hot Greek girls but I've missed them.
Generally I don't feel any special connection with Greeks esp. newcomers from Anadola.
:no000000: did you even ask Greek girls if they're interested in you?
Do us all a favour, and stick to your own kind :wink

Trun
02-24-2012, 07:24 AM
I think it's a fact that Greek women marry Bulgarian men very rarely. But marriages between Greek man and Bulgarian woman are far more common, I know some cases. I think it is easily explainable... :P

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 07:28 AM

:lol: I don't care actually I'm just telling my opinion. Of course that I'll stick to my own kind. :thumbs up
I don't know any Greeks so I can't say whether they are interested in me or not but isn't big miss for me if they don't.

hajduk
02-24-2012, 07:47 AM
I think it's a fact that Greek women marry Bulgarian men very rarely. But marriages between Greek man and Bulgarian woman are far more common, I know some cases. I think it is easily explainable... :P

Those whores who marry greeks are disgrace, I dont think of a reason bulgarian patriot should mention it and not feel ashamed

morski
02-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Those whores who marry greeks are disgrace, I dont think of a reason bulgarian patriot should mention it and not feel ashamed

http://www.mediapool.bg/images/167/871c3bb7b3de069a9d3cc184900bc2bc.jpg

Не знам дали я помните Вяра Анкова като беше по-млада каква лачена мацка беше и я прилапа тоя мазния Томас Лафчис.:mad:

Absinthe
02-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Many of your "whores" as you call them marry Greeks for the EU citizenship and the money. Sometimes it seems as if that's the only thing that a lot of women from foreign communist countries have in mind: prostitution or gold digging even if it means marrying an ugly old fart.

morski
02-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Many of your "whores" as you call them marry Greeks for the EU citizenship and the money. Sometimes it seems as if that's the only thing that a lot of women from foreign communist countries have in mind: prostitution or gold digging even if it means marrying an ugly old fart.

:confused:

hmm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EU-Bulgaria.svg)

hajduk
02-24-2012, 07:58 AM
http://www.mediapool.bg/images/167/871c3bb7b3de069a9d3cc184900bc2bc.jpg

Не знам дали я помните Вяра Анкова като беше по-млада каква лачена мацка беше и я прилапа тоя мазния Томас Лафчис.:mad:
Не само това, преди кризата гърците масово си бяха изнесли произвдоството в Петрич, Сандански експлоатирайки жестоко местните хора,
Виждал съм как в Сандански гръцки бизнесмени често ходят само заради курвите, или гръцки педали да ебат млади циганчета.
Просто тоя ме дразни, опитвайки се да ни сложи в един кюп с гърците, които са ми адски противни

Absinthe
02-24-2012, 07:59 AM
:confused:

hmm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EU-Bulgaria.svg)
Bulgaria entered the EU 20 years later than Greece. During all this time, many Bulgarians sought marriage with Greeks as a passport to the Western world.

morski
02-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Е, припокриваме се донякъде със северните гърци. Много от тях са бивши българи патриаршисти. А и у нашенско има асимилирани гърци. Кво да правиш, съседи сме.:)

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 08:02 AM
assimilated Greeks in Bulgaria ?

morski
02-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Bulgaria entered the EU 20 years later than Greece. During all this time, many Bulgarians sought marriage with Greeks as a passport to the Western world.

You should have used the correct tense then.

Absinthe
02-24-2012, 08:04 AM
The usage of English is mandatory anywhere outside the local sections. :coffee:

hajduk
02-24-2012, 08:04 AM

All people I know that went to Greece are either gypsies, or very low social class, low educated, cleaners, seasonal workers. I am quite satifistied with that, let them stay there, you can take feufrei he feels more greek it seems.

morski
02-24-2012, 08:05 AM
асимилирани гърци ?

Ти нямаш ли познати от Бургас, Созопол, Несебър и т.н.?!

morski
02-24-2012, 08:07 AM
The usage of English is mandatory anywhere outside the local sections. :coffee:

I'm a scruffy, prone to criminal activity, vulgar Bulgar. What do you expect?

Absinthe
02-24-2012, 08:07 AM
All people I know that went to Greece are either gypsies, or very low social class, low educated, cleaners, seasonal workers. I am quite satifistied with that, let them stay there, you can take feufrei he feels more greek it seems.
That holds true for the majority of immigrants everywhere, no matter which country they come from. The majority comes for the underclass, that's why they also create a bad image for their country of origin, in their host country.

Look, I don't mean disrespect for Bulgarians. I like Bulgarians a lot and I've had Bulgarian friends irl.
I just get appalled when in an irrelevant thread about the Balkans in general, certain Bulgarians feel the need to bash and speak ill of Greek women and Greeks in general...

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Ти нямаш ли познати от Бургас, Созопол, Несебър и т.н.?!

Aren't most people there from Eastern Thrace. I don't know that's why I asked.

Absinthe
02-24-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm a scruffy, prone to criminal activity, vulgar Bulgar. What do you expect?
Well if you say so....

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Bulgarians feel the need to bash and speak ill of Greek women

I'm telling my impression from that what I've seen :ranger:
If you think that I'm tellin that because Greeks girls don't find me attractive this is your problem

morski
02-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Aren't most people there from Eastern Thrace. I don't know that's why I asked.

Most are Bulgarians from Eastern Thrace, a lot from Macedonia and other parts of the country as well in the big cities. There are however local Greeks who did not leave for Greece when the Molov-Kafandaris arrangement was implemented. They are pretty much assimilated nowadays. Mixed marriages etc. I personally know a whole bunch of people with some Greek grand-parent or fully Greek from that area. They have association of some sort even.

And then there are the Greeks in Plovdiv, Asenovgrad, the Karakatchani, etc. Not to mention that Thrace and to a lesser extent Macedonia was like a jigsaw puzzle in the whole Medieval period up until the mid 20th c. Bulgarians, Greeks and Turks were all over the place.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4475/ethnographicmapthrace19.jpg

примерно...

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Most are Bulgarians from Eastern Thrace, a lot from Macedonia and other parts of the country as well in the big cities. There are however local Greeks who did not leave for Greece when the Molov-Kafandaris arrangement was implemented. They are pretty much assimilated nowadays. Mixed marriages etc. I personally know a whole bunch of people with some Greek grand-parent or fully Greek from that area. They have association of some sort even.

And then there are the Greeks in Plovdiv, Asenovgrad, the Karakatchani, etc. Not to mention that Thrace and to a lesser extent Macedonia was like a jigsaw puzzle in the whole Medieval period up until the mid 20th c. Bulgarians, Greeks and Turks were all over the place.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4475/ethnographicmapthrace19.jpg

примерно...

Do your family has Greek blood ?

morski
02-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Do your family has Greek blood ?

I believe I have some relatives in Greece. A sister of my grand-grand mother from Odrin went to Greece instead of Bulgaria in 1913. She was loyal to the Constantinople Patriarchy so she became Greek, while her siblings were Exarchists and Bulgarian.

Additionally, my Strandzha ancestors lived in a village which was painted Greek in all 19c. ethnographic maps, though in my memories of the place from the late 20c. it was 100% Bulgarian.

My point is that Southern Bulgarians and Northern Greeks(the natives, not the ones that came from Anatolia) definitely overlap and one of the reasons is that as recently as the beginning of the 20c. there was still Thracians and Macedonians who switched ethnicities. That's not debatable.

Not any I'm aware of.:)

I feel I need to add that in the past bi- and tri-lingualism was widespread. That's why switching ethnicities was much easier than today. Just to give you a better perspective on that matter if you are wondering.

Trun
02-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Не само това, преди кризата гърците масово си бяха изнесли произвдоството в Петрич, Сандански експлоатирайки жестоко местните хора,
Виждал съм как в Сандански гръцки бизнесмени често ходят само заради курвите, или гръцки педали да ебат млади циганчета.
Просто тоя ме дразни, опитвайки се да ни сложи в един кюп с гърците, които са ми адски противни

За какъв кюп ми говориш? :confused: Кога съм казал, че имаме нещо повече от външна прилика, някои обичаи и подобен манталитет? Пък и за браковете това го казах просто защото българките са по-хубави и гърците ги предпочитат, а ти говориш за някакви курви и не знам си що...значи за тебе всяка българка, която се омъжи за грък, турчин или нещо такова, е курва? Хайде стига с този див национализъм, заради него сега граничим със себе си, а не със Средиземно море и Албания...

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 08:28 AM
My favorite thing ranger vs feuerfrei.

hajduk
02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
За какъв кюп ми говориш? :confused: Кога съм казал, че имаме нещо повече от външна прилика, някои обичаи и подобен манталитет? Пък и за браковете това го казах просто защото българките са по-хубави и гърците ги предпочитат, а ти говориш за някакви курви и не знам си що...значи за тебе всяка българка, която се омъжи за грък, турчин или нещо такова, е курва? Хайде стига с този див национализъм, заради него сега граничим със себе си, а не със Средиземно море и Албания...

Все пак това е форум с националистически наклон, ако ти се радваш на такива бракове, аз определено не се, в такъв случай се чудя какво правиш тука освен да се опиташ да наложиш идеите си, които не се споделят от повечето българи

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 08:34 AM
One thing is clear we are more closer to Serbs and Romanians than Greeks. Good part of Greeks descend from newcomers from Anadola or other parts of Ottoman Empire.
I'm not against good relations with them but to support Greek nationalistics ideas is bullshit.

morski
02-24-2012, 09:37 AM
To further illustrate the ambiguity of ethnicity in Thrace in particular here is a suite of Thracian folklore music, same in all three countries that share the region. Sounds 100% Bulgarian to me:P:

tGpOUHqBU2o

and

vr9zfKpmLMs

that's even in Bulgarian language:confused: Probably some Pomaks:

ntBhZ0pWDVo

hajduk
02-24-2012, 09:40 AM
FrhhCLpIgxg

morski
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Compare with:

qtxh98G_5Uw

gwJsD1ysYd8

JnZZlTkCGaE

morski
02-24-2012, 10:11 AM
EL4B2fMz9EE

jGx4q5BKeJU

Gj-jb0EWhYY

4MDAT6G6IiE

morski
02-24-2012, 10:17 AM
ou--UCxIpks

LOL at that oriental bullshit at 3:30! Nothing to do with Thrace.:D

Trun
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Тракия е България.

morski
02-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Аве, кво мислите за тва:

today the pomaks are present in turkey, mostly in eastern thrace and fewer in anatolia, where they are called in turkish pomaklar and their speech is called pomakça. According to ethnologue, there are around 300.000 pomaks in turkey.[28]
[edit] greece

дали още говорят български? Очевидно е, че тракийската нар. музика в Турция е от тях.

dralos
02-24-2012, 10:38 AM
hey you guys stop it,the only one who are permitted to make war here are albs and serbs

morski
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
hey you guys stop it,the only one who are permitted to make war here are albs and serbs

The lion will eat both your birdies for breakfast in his ire, shkip.:mad:

:p

dralos
02-24-2012, 10:46 AM
The lion will eat both your birdies for breakfast in his ire, shkip.:mad

:p
i only see cats here:D

Queen B
02-24-2012, 10:49 AM
I agree. We are more classy and more beautiful :coffee:

That was a rude shot :D Our revenge to dandelion's claim few days ago :cool:

Not rude at all. Its his opinion.

After all, no Greek girl will be interested in Bulgarians :coffee:

:D

Yes, quite common :lol:

- Bulgarian women marry old men for getting their pension after they die
- Bulgarian women marry Greeks in the past, to live in EU

I only know ONE Bulgarian woman that didn't marry a Greek which was NOT old , or NOT ugly (male spinster)
(Such a wonderful lady. Sad story : her husband, developed brain tumor , and died days before their son was born :cry2:cry2:cry2 )

Usually this is what happens,but its not always true.
Not long in a post, I wrote about a Bulgarian lady (around 55-60) who studied economics in Bulgaria. Still, she decided to work here and take care of an old woman, cause she was earning double money, plus she was living in the old woman's house, so she was saving lots of money, and during her stay, she build 2 houses in Sofia for her son.

пустиняк
02-24-2012, 10:53 AM
I agree. We are more slimmer classy and more beautiful :coffee:

that make really sense

dralos
02-24-2012, 10:54 AM
that make really sense
the most beautiful girls in balkan are the ones that look niggerish:D

hajduk
02-24-2012, 10:55 AM
I dont know but all greek girl here are hawt, i dont know what this guy has seen in greece

Queen B
02-24-2012, 10:59 AM
I dont know but all greek girl here are hawt, i dont know what this guy has seen in greece
Its about taste, actually.

Some girls that you find hot he might not, and vice versa.

Now, who has better taste its another story :D

dralos
02-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Its about taste, actually.

Some girls that you find hot he might not, and vice versa.

Now, who has better taste its another story :D
dandelion i know some greek girls,they usually have dark hair and brown eyes,but they have that greek face wich is often beautiful but very tanned:D

Queen B
02-24-2012, 11:05 AM
dandelion i know some greek girls,they usually have dark hair and brown eyes,but they have that greek face wich is often beautiful but very tanned:D

Brunette is the most common among Greeks. Personally, maybe because my hometown is in Ionian , I know many light-eyed girls ( the rate of light eyed people there is higher than the rest of Greece).

Tan is natural in countries like Greece or Cyprus. Almost all year is sunny, and in summer the temperatures get really high.

Although I don't tan (:(), my mother who is blonde with blue eyes and with freckles, use to get the McConaughy colors because of the sun.

morski
02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
m0NOIv7tv00

Now that sounds more Greek compared to that Thracian music I posted earlier which sounds 100% Bulgarian to me. Not bad at all I must say:).

Queen B
02-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Now that sounds more Greek compared to that Thracian music I posted earlier which sounds 100% Bulgarian to me. Not bad at all I must say:).

That's Pontic :D

Wanderlust
02-24-2012, 11:27 AM

Jesus, feuer. We don't bite, you know.:( I live in Thessaloniki, plenty of Bulgarians here and all well integrated, visiting their homeland every w/nd, etc.

now they're coming back to mother albania:)

That's true. It may be a bit more difficult about those who are settled on islands though (and they're a lot), because of the nature of their job which is usually tourism-related. People on islands generally work intensely from April to October but earn a lot and it is expected to send the money in Albania than invest here, but I've lived 4 years in Rhodes and Albanians surely own their homes over there.

After all, no Greek girl will be interested in Bulgarians :coffee:

aw, c'mon now. :) sure they would, real life experience proves that.

On a more general note it's good to see that the thread didn't turn into a clusterfuck. And I don't really blame those who tried to bring bad blood speakind ill of my country etc, harsh history and politics created some stereotypes that it's hard to break.

Queen B
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
aw, c'mon now. :) sure they would, real life experience proves that.

On a more general note it's good to see that the thread didn't turn into a clusterfuck. And I don't really blame those who tried to bring bad blood speakind ill of my country etc, harsh history and politics created some stereotypes that it's hard to break.

I lived 16 years in Macedonia, and never heard of such pairing. Generally, I have never heard of any Eastern Bloc male - Greek female pairing.

You have probably heard, but I haven't.

I don't know what happens in Diasporians though

purple
02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Greeks are actually Christianized Turks

:D I'm joking

dralos
02-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I lived 16 years in Macedonia, and never heard of such pairing. Generally, I have never heard of any Eastern Bloc male - Greek female pairing.

You have probably heard, but I haven't.

I don't know what happens in Diasporians though

i know that many greek girls are with albanians:D

purple
02-24-2012, 11:47 AM
A friend of mine has Greek father and Russian mother:thumb001: And his name is of Spanish origin

So, yes. Greek and Eastern Bloc (Russian) exist. My paternal great-great grandfather is French.

hajduk
02-24-2012, 11:48 AM
You are a cheap troll

Queen B
02-24-2012, 12:03 PM
i know that many greek girls are with albanians:D

Ι have heard this pair sometimes, yes.
In the past, I mean like until 10 years ago, it was more often than it is now.
The opinion that Greeks had for Albanians were not so negative.

Now, its more rare though. Although you ll see Greek and Albanians be friends, you won't see many dating, people will be cast out if they do it.

However, you ll still see couples like Roula and Fran :lol:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg195/scaled.php?server=195&filename=vroxopoulou.jpg&res=medium

A friend of mine has Greek father and Russian mother:thumb001: And his name is of Spanish origin

So, yes. Greek and Eastern Bloc (Russian) exist. My paternal great-great grandfather is French.

I mentioned Greek female and eastern Bloc male.

The opossite (Greek male and Eastern bloc female) is not rare at all :lol:for the reasons mentioned above.

bimo
02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
those whore marry greek man just for money not because they find greek man more attractive , for what i've seen greek guys look effeminate and metrosexual , and non athletic , even the guys from milan (the capital of mode with paris ) look more masculine than greek man , for greek girl they are pretty for me but i prefer bulgarian girl more beautiful and attractive :thumb001:

Wanderlust
02-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Greeks are actually Christianized Turks

:D I'm joking

Sub-Saharan to be more exact. Thing is that my country doesn't have 10% of Muslim population. The next time be more careful while kicking Historical Knowlege and well-proven Demographic Facts™, mmkay? :wink

Your trolling is way too crass given that you are a female, I have yet to see a decent post of yours.

I'm not joking.

Mordid
02-24-2012, 12:22 PM
You are a cheap troll
Now, I realise that she's nothing like Mordid who happen to be successful troll.

poiuytrewq0987
02-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Sub-Saharan to be more exact. Thing is that my country doesn't have 10% of Muslim population. The next time be more careful while kicking Historical Knowlege and well-proven Demographic Facts™, mmkay? :wink

Your trolling is way too crass given that you are a female, I have yet to see a decent post of yours.

I'm not joking.

She does have a point. To become Greek during the founding of the Greek state it was only required that you be Christian and live in Greece. This was enshrined in the Constitution. No other requirements were levied. This eventually led to easy integration of thousands of Anatolian Christians who most likely had little to do with Balkan Greeks genetically. Greece expelled Muslims of Greece during the population exchange even though they were Greek in blood.

The convention affected the populations as follows: almost all Greek Orthodox Christians (Greek- or Turkish-speaking) of Asia Minor including a Turkish-speaking Greek Orthodox population from middle Anatolia (Karamanlides), the Ionia region (e.g. Smyrna, Aivali), the Pontus region (e.g. Trapezunda, Sampsunta), the former Russian Caucasus province of Kars (Kars Oblast), Prusa (Bursa), the Bithynia region (e.g., Nicomedia (İzmit), Chalcedon (Kadıköy), East Thrace, and other regions were either expelled or formally denaturalized from Turkish territory.

About 500,000 people were expelled from Greece, predominantly Greek Muslims, and others including Turks, Muslim Roma, Pomaks, Cham Albanians, Megleno-Romanians, and the Dönmeh.

The population exchange all in all... was a disaster for Greece as it absorbed a lot of foreign Christians. Greece tossed out its ethnic Greeks just because they followed a different denomination of the Abrahamic religion. It's akin to exchanging Bosnian Muslims for Turkish/Anatolian Christians.

bimo
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM

abe grcite samo s ciganske kurvi moje da ebat v bulgaria

Wanderlust
02-24-2012, 12:46 PM
She does have a point. To become Greek during the founding of the Greek state it was only required that you be Christian and live in Greece. This was enshrined in the Constitution. No other requirements were levied. This eventually led to easy integration of thousands of Anatolian Christians who most likely had little to do with Balkan Greeks genetically. Greece expelled Muslims of Greece during the population exchange even though they were Greek in blood.

The population exchange all in all... was a disaster for Greece as it absorbed a lot of foreign Christians. Greece tossed out its ethnic Greeks just because they followed a different denomination of the Abrahamic religion. It's akin to exchanging Bosnian Muslims for Turkish/Anatolian Christians.

indeed, however, the 'thousands of Anatolian Christians' that no one can exactly define how many they were, pale in front of the 11 mil Greeks she so easily generalized, esp. when she knows well that her country is facing the same demographic problem. I don't recall any Greek here chimping out blaming neighbouring countries in their tongue btw. since some of you actually want to talk about prostitution in the Balkans go English and let the others participate, too. I translated some of the post made in previous pages and they made me sick.

Europa
02-24-2012, 12:58 PM
I was talking about myself, my genes. I am genetically similar to other exYus, don't know about others but I'd reckon my family is in the same boat and my family isn't a small one neither...

I don't really care about old ethnographic maps, they're just that... old. Bulgarians lost the Balkan wars, the World Wars, and as a result our cultural union was severed. Bulgarians and Macedonians haven't lived in the same country for 99 years and counting.

We may share historical roots but we're more Yugoslav and related to Serbs and Croats than to Bulgarians. I've never been to Bulgaria but the country seems very foreign to me compared to Serbia or other exYu countries where I feel familiar.

I wasn't talking about ethographic maps,but DNA-haplogroup maps.I don't understand why you Macedonians get so upset when somebody speaks about Bulgaria.I never said anything about Macedonia being Bulgarian,Creek or Serbian. There is one thing you should understand.Look alike and being one are two different things let alone "feel like". DNA cannot be wiped off like it or not.Of course a Bulgarian,Serb,Macedon...or any other person could feel himself whoever he likes but in fact DNA wise he could be from absolutely different area,respectevly belong to a different sub-race.

poiuytrewq0987
02-24-2012, 01:02 PM
indeed, however, the 'thousands of Anatolian Christians' that noone can exactly define how many they were pale in front of the 11 mil Greeks she so easily generalized, esp. when she knows well that her country is facing the same demographic problem. I don't recall any Greek here chimping out blaming neighbouring countries in their tongue btw. since some of you actually want to talk about prostitution in the Balkans go English and let the others participate, too. I translated some of the post made in previous pages and they made me sick.

Greece's population in the 1800s was around 4-5 million in Balkan Greece. The total of deported Anatolian Greeks/Christians was around 1.3 million and official estimates put Greeks of Balkans and Anatolia around 6 million by 1800. So, it's quite reasonable those Anatolians make up a significant part of the Greek genepool today.

I don't really believe Anatolian Greeks who were only Greek by virtue of Church, not by their tongue or blood were the same as Balkan Greeks who are similar to us genetically (even Greece got its infusion of Slavs but were quickly Hellenized by Byzantines). Anatolian Greeks were really just Hellenized (by way of religion) Anatolians similar to Cypriot Greeks.

The irony in all this is Greece exchanged their Dehellenized Greeks for Hellenized non-Greeks.

I agree with you about the recent posts made against Greek women. They were quite disgusting and untrue. No one should stereotype a people, we've got all our bad seeds, the Bulgarians are not without theirs and neither are the Greeks nor any other people.

poiuytrewq0987
02-24-2012, 01:03 PM
I wasn't talking about ethographic maps,but DNA-haplogroup maps.I don't understand why you Macedonians get so upset when somebody speaks about Bulgaria.I never said anything about Macedonia being Bulgarian,Creek or Serbian. There is one thing you should understand.Look alike and being one are two different things let alone "feel like". DNA cannot be wiped off like it or not.Of course a Bulgarian,Serb,Macedon...or any other person could feel himself whoever he likes but in fact DNA wise he could be from absolutely different area,respectevly belong to a different sub-race.

Haplogroup maps? :confused: We can't define ethnicity by haplogroups.

Mordid
02-24-2012, 01:04 PM
I totaly agree with you Mordid.:thumb001:
agreed my arse.

Wanderlust
02-24-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't really believe Anatolian Greeks who were only Greek by virtue of Church, not by their tongue or blood were the same as Balkan Greeks who are similar to us genetically (even Greece got its infusion of Slavs but were quickly Hellenized by Byzantines). Anatolian Greeks were really just Hellenized (by way of religion) Anatolians similar to Cypriot Greeks.

well, that's debatable, judging from what the Turkish members occasionally say, they might have been even more European than you and me.

I'm not talking about these posts btw, but thanks anyway.;)

Trun
02-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Because of some slight arguments about who are more beautiful between two ethnicites, this is my opinion about the problem:

About men: Greek men are trying to resemble the Italian men from what I've seen: hair waxed with olive oil, thick beard, "fancier" behaviour. I don't know how successful are they, I have heard only Italian men to have a good reputation among the Western women. Good luck for Greeks.
On the other hand, Bulgarian men have been known as the machos of the Eastern (now ex) bloc. Adventures with Russian, Czech, Polish, Swedish women under the hot sun on the Wog sea coast...
I can't say who are more handsome because I'm straight, lol.

About women: I don't think there is a comparison, though Greek women are hawt too. Bulgarian women have been considered as the hottest for hundreds of years by different peoples :P They have mostly dark hair (though one can find enough light haired girls as well), Slavic influenced faces but more gracile bodies and features than other Slavic women. In a nutshell, our women combine the best features of the two kinds of most beautiful women in the world - Slavic and Mediterranean women.

morski
02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Because of some slight arguments about who are more beautiful between two ethnicites, this is my opinion about the problem:

About men: Greek men are trying to resemble the Italian men from what I've seen: hair waxed with olive oil, thick beard, "fancier" behaviour. I don't know how successful are they, I have heard only Italian men to have a good reputation among the Western women. Good luck for Greeks.
On the other hand, Bulgarian men have been known as the machos of the Eastern (now ex) bloc. Adventures with Russian, Czech, Polish, Swedish women under the hot sun on the Wog sea coast...
I can't say who are more handsome because I'm straight, lol.

About women: I don't think there is a comparison, though Greek women are hawt too. Bulgarian women have been considered as the hottest for hundreds of years by different peoples :P They have mostly dark hair (though one can find enough light haired girls as well), Slavic influenced faces but more gracile bodies and features than other Slavic women. In a nutshell, our women combine the best features of the two kinds of most beautiful women in the world - Slavic and Mediterranean women.

Source or GTFO!:)