PDA

View Full Version : Time for a little Dungeons and Apricity...

Barreldriver
05-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Time for a bit of RPG eh? :D I'm a loser I know but heck I'm bored and this seemed like a wacky idea. No cheating. :D

Name: Gundwulf

Level: 1

Race: Hibernobilly

Birth sign: The Warrior

Class: Fighter and banjo picker

Skills: Eating cheese, drinking pints, banjo pickin', axe throwing, and sgian dubh fighting

Attributes:

Strength: 90

Willpower/Magic: 50

Intelligence: 75

Agility: 80

Speed: 65

Endurance: 75

Personality: 60

Luck: 10

Current Weapon: http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/greatsword_2048_267014282

Current Armor: Light Armor

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics8/img4368e7046ddfa.jpg

Appearance: 6 ft. 1in., 300 lbs, rufous hair, light mixed eyes, fair skin tone, occasionally grows mutton chops, hair is typically very curly a.k.a. Bruennfro. Clothing when not wearing armor is overalls or cut off shorts, swat boots, and a t-shirt. Facial features resemble that of an Orc or a Troll.

Character History Grew up in the hills of Tennessee, one of the three "highland" counties. Moved to the mid western United States to receive a better education and job opportunities, is of mixed heritage composed of English, Northern Irish, German, Dutch, Swiss, Swedish, Welsh, Portuguese, and Norman. Gundwulf has had his share of hardship in life and tends to use it as an advantage/motivation, that is if it has not been forgotten, Gundwulf suffers from frequent memory loss and has a tendency towards violent temperament.

Gundwulf has been viewed as the family screw up, and has accomplished very little in the scheme of life so far. Gundwulf is the reigning champion of the tobacco spit fight royal rumble. During which Gundwulf took out 3 opponents at once with a single lip of Copenhagen snuff.

The youthful Gundwulf frequently consumes a variance of beverages, mostly Guinness and Yuengling, and the occasional whiskey. :D Gundwulf is an individual most would say has very poor luck. Frequent accidents occur due to a clumsiness that leads to frequent trips to the emergency room, Gundwulf is what you would call a regular. Despite these clumsy tendencies Gundwulf is a respected fighter, favoring his fists above all, sgian dubh second, and lastly his throwing axe.

Barreldriver
05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Making forgotten additions to OP stats.

SwordoftheVistula
05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
What gaming system are we using?

Barreldriver
05-09-2009, 12:14 AM
What gaming system are we using?

Familiar with how Elder Scrolls Oblivion works? Sort of like that, and combined with D&D. :D We'll start a scenario after enough people make their character introductions, I'm thinking we can work together to come up with some ground rules before we get rolling, the more the merrier.

Aemma
05-09-2009, 12:35 AM
This sounds pretty cool and interesting BD, but I've never participated in a RPG before. I think I'll watch for a bit before I jump in. But I am interested though. :)

Nifty idea! :)

Skandi
05-09-2009, 01:52 AM
A mixture of rules? hmm this will be interesting

Name: Skandi

Race: celt

Birthsign: The thief

Class: Mage

Skills: speachcraft, brewing, alchemy, Stealth, conjuration, destruction.

Attributes:

Strength: 40

Willpower: 80

Intelligence: 90

Agility: 50

Speed: 50

Endurance: 40

Personality: 70

Luck: 50

Weapon-none

Armour class as limited by class, ie either light or none depending on the rules.

SwordoftheVistula
05-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Name: Belglod

Race: Norse

Birth sign: The Troll

Class: Viking

Skills: firebuilding, gaming

Attributes:

Strength: 95

Willpower/Magic: 90

Intelligence: 90

Agility: 30

Speed: 75

Endurance: 85

Personality: 30

Luck: 10

Weapons: Knife, axe, shield

Armor: Helmet, chainmail

Sigurd
05-09-2009, 03:16 AM
I protest. White Wolf rules are much superior to AD&D, or even D&D 3.5 Rules! Let's play a round of Werwolf: The Apocalpyse online, shall we?You even only need D10s mainly! :wink

Alternatively --- could we really use D&D Rules instead of Elder Scrolls Rules, as they're just essentially a lame derivation of any D20 system, which work perfectly for your average computer game, but absolutely suck for Pen&Paper. :tongue

[/GEEKY MODE]

Groenewolf
05-09-2009, 05:13 AM
I protest. White Wolf rules are much superior to AD&D, or even D&D 3.5 Rules! Let's play a round of Werwolf: The Apocalpyse online, shall we?You even only need D10s mainly! :wink

I agree, and also lot more Rolplay options. However I get the feeling we will get a lot Get of Fenris (not as many then when thos would be done on Skadi ;) ) and Fianna, maybe also lots of Black Furies :P .

Sigurd
05-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I agree, and also lot more Rolplay options. However I get the feeling we will get a lot Get of Fenris (not as many then when thos would be done on Skadi ;) ) and Fianna, maybe also lots of Black Furies :P .

I have the same preconception. I almost always played a Fianna, though my first two or three characters were all Get of Fenris. I remember vividly that I also played two female characters - one was a blonde/blue gal from Sweden who sang in a Melodic Black Metal band (a Finna, duh) who was so obsessed with solving enigmas that all others in the party would commonly utter "Women" ... the other one was my very first character, a very butch and rather slutty bi-sexual Get of Fenris gal. :D

Mate of mine played a Metis with Horns as a deformity. They were interviewed by the police and he was asked as to his horns. He claimed "I am a role-player and thought they'd look cool, so I got them done, like an aesthetic operation". He was institutionalised, and the character was out of the story. :eek::cool::p

On D&D at some point I also got into the habit of playing female characters (very stereotypical females and all, too! :tongue) but all the DMs in the school gathered one day to forbid me to play female characters --- I'd often pick sorcereresses with such a high charisma score that I'd constantly get male NPCs to fail their charisma checks when I innocently blinked at them, and they'd invite me to dinner instead of scolding me. That was perceived as very annoying.

I was also actively vetoed by a few D&D DMs to play Chaotic Evil characters. I did always warn them that I WOULD play them as misanthropic sadists, but they found out that I came up with more evil ways of self-gain for my character, which was conceived as very evil and annoying and "inconducive" to party cohesion. :D

Either way --- so when I couldn't play Chaotic Evil females anymore ... I just started playing male, Neutral Evil (though sometimes True Neutral) druids ... so far my polar bear always impressed the ladies. Stopped playing annoying bitches, started playing arrogant bastards. Thought before about adding to the insult by playing a Fallen Paladin that way, but decide that Paladins were gay either way... :tongue

Though, really ... my Lawful Evil Cleric ruled too --- We sabotaged a city, I was to be governor for a while ... let theocratic tyranny rule, oppression of the people by word of the law! :thumbs up ... Though my leftie DM got a bit annoyed because I seemed to satirize Muslims in the process. Since it even was a dwarf, it had the beard for it. Requirement for the public: Wear a "religious beard" or suffer to be condemned and locked up as "infidels". :wink

Sigurd
05-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Name: Johan "Seppl" Fockinger

Race: Teuton, Subgroup Bajuvar

Birthsign: The Lady (He knows it may not always be of much use to him --- but shrugs it off, claiming that you just can't determine at which time of the year your parents enjoy themselves)

Class: Skald/Bard

Skills: Blades (Bastard Sword), Alchemy, Speechcraft, Mercantile, Illusion, Blocking, Enigma-Solving, Ambidexterous use of sword --- and some "useless skills": Drunken Poetry, Accordeon-Playing, Whistling Bird Songs, Yodeling, Tobacco rolling on Finger Flicking, Binge Drinking, Lecturing, Womanizing ... and of course, Regional Champion of Spitting Cherry Seeds.

Attributes:

Strength: 60

Willpower: 60

Intelligence: 80

Agility: 65

Speed: 60

Endurance: 55

Personality: 85

Luck: 35

Weapon: Bastard Sword, used single-handedly. Preferred left-handed use, but has been taught by father how to fight ambidexterously, sometimes changes fighting hand during combat.

Armour: Light armour, uses no shield.

Appearance: 6'4", approx. 215 lbs. ... has light-brown hair of shoulder-length, usually worn open, striking clear-blue eyes, 3-day-stubble, facial features a bit like a younger Viggo Mortensen. Casual wear: Light and brown leather trousers and a short-sleeved shirt preferentially in wooden colours. Has a burning sun-cross tattooed on his left upper arm and a scar along the right side of his chest from a practical joke which backfired.

Character History: Grew up as the eldest son of the chieftain, Focko, in the village named after his great-great-great-grandfather of the same name (Focko) - Fucking. His father wanted his son to become a fighting young man and chieftain, and taught him some skills from an early age. His mother, Thusnelda, was from a merchant family and taught her son in the finergy of trading. However, the boy was really more interested in the work of his grandfather, Isingnix (translation: Bavarian for "I sing nothing" :D), who was the village bard. His grandfather taught him how to play the accordeon, how to imitate the birds' song, how to compose poetry and how to yodel.

But, being a charismatic young man, he was up to no good and his village was soon tired of his practical jokes. His charisma was well-liked with the lasses as was his proneness to get himself into trouble --- and his ingeneousness at practical jokes was popular with the lads. He is a three times champion of spitting cherry seeds, much to the dismay of his father, to whom his eldest son became a continuous embarassment.

When he had put a visiting chieftain's life at danger by tampering with his drink, it was too much and his father decided to disown his son. Left on his own, he travelled the land and tried to make money off his poetry and singing. Often people would approach him with logical problems and so he taught himself to solve enigmas/puzzles. He also tried his hands at card-games, but due to only not being the most lucky of the bunch, soon lost much of the money he had made, and had to find himself a different means to make his living.

And here we are...

Barreldriver
05-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Crap I forgot character history and appearance. :(

Rainraven
05-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Is this only for experienced player or would you be willing to expain to noobs how to play?

Vargtand
05-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Well I am not familiar with the D&D rules, but I will play by TES III rules :P

SwordoftheVistula
05-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I never liked the White Wolf system. Call of Cthulu had a good system for modern era games, and GURPS was pretty versatile too.

Scandalf
09-24-2013, 11:02 AM
I never liked the White Wolf system. Call of Cthulu had a good system for modern era games, and GURPS was pretty versatile too.

I agree on the fact that the White Wolf system rules weren't that good. But everything else was awesome!
GURPS makes for the supreme modern/realistic/versatile rules system.