PDA

View Full Version : For Lovers of Trumpet Music

rashka
02-24-2012, 02:41 AM
American Trumpeter Joey DeFranceso, interviewed by gorgeous Katarina in Belgrade. The other guest is Dejan Petrovic, a famous Serbian Trumpet player from Western Serbia.

Awesome video and music :thumbs up

UisVcF3UbT8

Guapo
02-24-2012, 03:20 AM
This type of music, along with that so-called Czech "Polka" music, was invented in Serbia from the military marching bands that wanted to play something more folkish rather than militant in the 1800's

The Journeyman
03-23-2012, 07:45 AM
From wikipedia:

"trubači" (трубачи, the trumpeters) are extremely popular, especially in Central and Southern Serbia where Balkan Brass Band originated. The music has its tradition from the First Serbian Uprising. The trumpet was used as a military instrument to wake and gather soldiers and announce battles, the trumpet took on the role of entertainment during downtime, as soldiers used it to transpose popular folk songs. When the war ended and the soldiers returned to the rural life, the music entered civilian life and eventually became a music style, accompanying births, baptisms, weddings, slavas, farewell parties for those joining military service, state and church festivals, harvesting, reaping, and funerals."

I've noticed there is a lot of room for improvisation with this music, but I think with other traditional forms of Serbian folk music like Kolo.

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.

N0hmM6y906o

Guapo
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
F

N0hmM6y906o

Quite a few Nordish Serbs in that video, eh Hess?

rashka
04-06-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.

N0hmM6y906o

That was a Serbian funeral :sad: so sad. Was this a movie? It seemed so real.

rashka
04-06-2012, 04:35 PM
The first video has been cancelled by youtube.

Here is a replacement video for the same topic.

Xlcq3RskPJk

Lena
04-06-2012, 05:02 PM
:D

g7lw3cyWDHY

Kazimiera
02-19-2013, 08:55 PM
---> moved to Film, Music and TV