PDA

View Full Version : On This Mother's Day...

Aemma
05-10-2009, 03:26 AM
On this Mother's Day I wish to thank a very special person in my life who has offered me the gift of relevance to my very earthly existence, my beautiful son. :) The Norns sought fit to have a beautiful spirit choose me as its mother some almost 13 years ago and I have endeavoured to keep their trust in me to be all that I could be as the female nurturing parent of this most incredible of creatures. When I look deep into his milk chocolate eyes which are framed by a thick mass of long black eyelashes, I see all that was and ever has been and ever shall be: myself, my husband, our parents, our forebears, our ancestors, our people. I see a continuity of blood and spirit and purpose. I see a continuity of love, respect and loyalty. I see a continuity of meaning and solidarity. I see the tangibility of continuity.

Were it not for the birth of this splendid creature over a decade ago, I would not be the woman I am today. Were it not for the birth of my son, my blinders to some of the ills which plague us today would not have been lifted. Born from my loins is a male child who is growing up in a world that is quite different than that in which I grew up. He is a male child of Northern European descent. He is a minority in a sea of equal opportunity strategies, yet he is not seen as an equal in such strategies. Doors are already closed to him for the sheer reason that he is a male who is not a visible minority. He doesn't know this yet. And I haven't the heart to tell him that this is the world in which we live. But there'll be time, much later, to discuss some of these ugly realities of life, well after the tears shed over his first rejection by a girl and the shouts of glee over getting picked for a particular school sports team have come and gone. In the meantime I must live with this dirty little secret. I don't relish the day that he finds out that he is not considered an equal candidate for work despite his intellect, his work ethic, his drive to succeed but most importantly, his ability. I don't relish the day that such a realisation might make him feel like less of the great human being that he is. I don't relish the day that his spirit is broken as a proud man of Northern European descent. It is my job to make sure that this last one especially will not happen. The Norns have gifted me; my ancestors have entrusted me. All I can do is to continue to do my job to the best of my capability and to mitigate as best as I can some of the negative influences on his Being.

On this Mother's Day, I raise a horn to my beautiful son and thank him for he himself having given *me* Life. :)

Sol Invictus
05-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Would like to wish a happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers here . You're the ones who make it possible for heroes to come to birth into this world, and we owe you an enormous debt for committing your body to nurture us all. To the wives as well, without your support and guidance men would have no purpose and no reason to continue the fight, or any fight for that matter. Women really are the greatest thing ever.

Rainraven
05-10-2009, 05:13 AM
I have just spent an hour talking on the phone to my mum...

Same as I do every Sunday :D

My Mother is an amazing person and since I left home has also been a great friend. Yes I'm a mummys girl, so sue me :p But whenever something happens in my life the first person I want to share it with is my mum. And even when she's a wee bit crazy I love her to bits and want to thank her for everything she's done for me and her constant support.

And to all the other mothers out there, keep it up. You are appreciated :D

Euroblood
05-10-2009, 08:44 PM
To all the mothers out there have happy Mother's Day. :)

ClassicGoddess
05-10-2009, 10:29 PM
from my home to yours...

Aemma - i can completely relate to what you're saying about the blinders being lifted b/c of your son...i had the same experience...my son is the most amazing gift i've ever received and i strive each day to guide him away from the path(s) that only mean him harm...and like you, i wouldn't be the woman i am today without my son...

On this day, i miss my mom and gran a whole lot...but my boy is the light in the darkness...

Happy Mother's Day to all the apricity mothers here :)

Solwyn
05-11-2009, 02:41 AM
I miss my mommy:(

Brynhild
05-11-2009, 05:09 AM
I didn't share the special relationship that mothers and daughters should have with my mum so well. I can only hope that I maintain a good relationship with my daughter, along with my sons.

Hope all the mums on Apricity had a happy mother's day.

archdunk
04-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Happy mothers day to all moms here. Let us not forget to give her this day. this day should be worry free, relaxed, and fun for our moms and ofcourse, a little something like a mothers day poem would be nice.

archdunk
04-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Happy mothers day to all moms here. Let us not forget to give her this day. this day should be worry free, relaxed, and fun for our moms and ofcourse, a little something like a mothers day poem (http://www.cakeandaprayer.com/cake-shop-by-occasion/Mothers-Day-Prayer-Gift.php) would be nice.

when is mothers day again?

Blossom
04-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Happy Birthday Mamma! I love you so much..and I will always stay by your side just as you did everytime I needed your help. There were bad and good moments, but I bet we'll just remember the good ones.

I wont buy any present..because she loves when I do things artcraft and so. She appreciates that a lot. So I will do her a bracelet of quarz.

Well...mother's day in Spain is in May but well:)

Comte Arnau
04-16-2011, 12:04 PM
[I]
Well...mother's day in Spain is in May but well:)

Yeah, that's what I was going to tell you. In Spain it's always the first Sunday in May! :p