PDA

View Full Version : Attacks On Syria, Iran Would Overwhelm Armenia With Refugees

Dr. van Winkle
02-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Attacks On Syria, Iran Would Overwhelm Armenia With Refugees

February 24, 2012

Expert: “Armenia should support stability in Iran”

Armenia will not manage to overcome the flow of the refuges from Iran and Syria if a military struggle is started, Gagik Harutyunyan, head of the scientific-educational foundation Noravanq, announced concerning the issue during a press-conference today.

“Our economy is not ready to accept 50-60 thousand refugees from those countries”, Harutyunyan said during the meeting with journalists.

According to him, Armenians in Iran feel they are treated well and have official protection. Armenian cultural values are protected in Iran and this speaks about the Iranian good attitude towards Armenia.

In this context the politician underlined that Armenia should support stability and be against military actions.

At the same time the expert is sure that the key of the Iranian problem is in Syria. He considers that Iran will lose if the West manages to repeat the Libyan scenario also in Syria.

Harutyunyan underlined that Iran is also able to pursue a flexible policy despite insufficient resources.

Speaking about Azerbaijani actions in case of a war in Iran, Harutyunyan noted that official Baku would first of all think how to save itself and would leave the Karabakh conflict alone.

The expert also underlined that Azerbaijani calls for Iran to mediate in the NK issue are just propaganda as everyone knows the strained relations between Tehran and Baku.

Source: Times.am (http://times.am/?l=en&p=5132)

Swan_
03-03-2012, 04:05 AM
Iran and Syria are our friends and we must stick by them whenever they are harassed by imperialism and their stooges on the ground. The present regime that governs Armenia however has disregarded the basic national interests of our people and the region with its sycophancy shown towards the Americans and EU hegemonists.

The Lawspeaker
03-03-2012, 04:08 AM
The problem is that this Israeli-American aggression (supported by their stooges here in Europe) would lead to a massive wave of Muslim immigrants using Armenia as a transit point to come to Europe. And no: America will not suffer as a result. The victims will be Turkey, Europe, Armenia and probably Russia.

Siberyak
03-03-2012, 04:09 AM
This is exactly why this war can't happen. These freak politicians have got to be stopped

Nairi
03-03-2012, 06:50 AM
The problem is that this Israeli-American aggression (supported by their stooges here in Europe) would lead to a massive wave of Muslim immigrants using Armenia as a transit point to come to Europe. And no: America will not suffer as a result. The victims will be Turkey, Europe, Armenia and probably Russia.

I am not sure how and why Muslims will use Armenia to go to Europe. They have been going to Europe for long time now without taking us into consideration.

Nairi
03-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Iran and Syria are our friends and we must stick by them whenever they are harassed by imperialism and their stooges on the ground. The present regime that governs Armenia however has disregarded the basic national interests of our people and the region with its sycophancy shown towards the Americans and EU hegemonists.

We have good relations with Iran but since when Syria is our friend? You are not Armenian but a troll who wants to show us as friends of Muslims and enemies of Americans and Europeans covering it up with "Imperialism" and "hegemonism"...

You are trolling all threads including Armenian ones!

Swan_
03-05-2012, 05:09 AM
since when Syria is our friend?
For a very long time, ever since the March 1963 Revolution in Syria. My great grandparents were all orphans from the Turks' genocide and they later established a decent life in Beirut. A lot of Arabs welcomed Armenian refugees into their lands.

I'm not particularly religious, but this is a good statement made by the Armenians' Primate of the Diocese of Damascus

http://www.sana.sy/print.html?sid=9067&newlang=eng&req=archive
Archbishop Armash Nalbendian underlined in Christmas sermon that all conspiracies and threats contrived or directed against Syria would “but make us more determined not to concede the legitimate rights of the Arab people.”
He hailed the national unity Syria is enjoying saying it was the only way to confront all these conspiracies.

The Archbishop supplicated God to make peace and amity prevail the world instead of devastation and destruction we are watching these days hoping the new year would be promising to all.

“ Let us, you beloved, rally around the leadership of President Bashar al-Assad in facing pressures Syria is exposed to and supplicate God to foil all colonial schemes as well make Syria the victorious side against all greedy enemies, “ He said.

show us as friends of Muslims
I said that Iran and Syria are our friends, not Muslims. And Syria is not an exclusively Muslim country, but is home to many religions. I don't consider the Turkish, Saudi, and Gulf Arab regimes to be friends.

and enemies of Americans and Europeans covering it up with "Imperialism" and "hegemonism"...
The American regime and those of the big EU countries are our enemies and always have been. It were the Europeans i.e. English, French, and Germans who propped up the Ottoman Empire in the 19th century and contributed to the enslavement of our people. These regimes have always had hegemonistic aims throughout the world, including towards Armenians.

The Lawspeaker
03-05-2012, 05:11 AM
I am not sure how and why Muslims will use Armenia to go to Europe. They have been going to Europe for long time now without taking us into consideration.
Iran borders Armenia and in the case of a war between the U.S/ Israel and Iran Armenia might be the only "safe" way out.

Nairi
03-05-2012, 05:14 AM
For a very long time, ever since the March 1963 Revolution in Syria. My great grandparents were all orphans from the Turks' genocide and they later established a decent life in Beirut. A lot of Arabs welcomed Armenian refugees into their lands.

I'm not particularly religious, but this is a good statement made by the Armenians' Primate of the Diocese of Damascus

http://www.sana.sy/print.html?sid=9067&newlang=eng&req=archive
Archbishop Armash Nalbendian underlined in Christmas sermon that all conspiracies and threats contrived or directed against Syria would “but make us more determined not to concede the legitimate rights of the Arab people.”
He hailed the national unity Syria is enjoying saying it was the only way to confront all these conspiracies.

The Archbishop supplicated God to make peace and amity prevail the world instead of devastation and destruction we are watching these days hoping the new year would be promising to all.

“ Let us, you beloved, rally around the leadership of President Bashar al-Assad in facing pressures Syria is exposed to and supplicate God to foil all colonial schemes as well make Syria the victorious side against all greedy enemies, “ He said.

I said that Iran and Syria are our friends, not Muslims. And Syria is not an exclusively Muslim country, but is home to many religions. I don't consider the Turkish, Saudi, and Gulf Arab regimes to be friends.
The American regime and those of the big EU countries are our enemies and always have been. It were the Europeans i.e. English, French, and Germans who propped up the Ottoman Empire in the 19th century and contributed to the enslavement of our people. These regimes have always had hegemonistic aims throughout the world, including towards Armenians.

After the gneocide many countries helped Armenians, including English,French,Germans,Americans, that is how we have Diasporas there, but welcoming Diaspora has nothing to do with foreign policy of Syria and Armenia which are far from being friendly. If you don't consider Europe friendly what is your purpose of you being on this forum aside from mispresenting Armenia and Armenians???

Nairi
03-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Iran borders Armenia and in the case of a war between the U.S/ Israel and Iran Armenia might be the only "safe" way out.

Armenia will not even be able to host Iranian Armenians, I doubt very much they will open borders for Iranians, we are only less than 3 mln in Armenia, their refugees will be more than all our population.

Swan_
03-05-2012, 05:20 AM
If you don't consider Europe friendly what is your purpose of you being on this forum aside from mispresenting Armenia and Armenians???
I'm really getting tired of all these dumb, knee-jerk responses.

First, there's no such thing as a cohesive entity called "Europe". It's a big continent with lots of different countries that have completely different histories. Some parts of Europe have absolutely no connection to me, such as Scandinavia. And other parts of Europe share a lot in common with me, such as the Balkans.

And I consider some parts of the European continent to be friends such as Greece, Bulgaria, and above all Russia, but certainly not the English, French, and German imperialists.

After the gneocide many countries helped Armenians, including English,French,Germans
They're the ones that made the genocide possible. If not for them, Russia would've liberated us in 1878.

Nairi
03-05-2012, 05:22 AM

First, there's no such thing as a cohesive entity called "Europe". It's a big continent with lots of different countries that have completely different histories. Some parts of Europe have absolutely no connection to me, such as Scandinavia. And other parts of Europe share a lot in common with me, such as the Balkans.

And I consider some parts of the European continent to be friends such as Greece, Bulgaria, and above all Russia, but certainly not the English, French, and German imperialists.

You are jumping from one thread to another, I am still waiting for your translation on another thread.

Mosov
03-05-2012, 05:33 AM
I've said time and again. Armenia must not allow large influx of Muslim migration due to the demographic imbalance. Birth rate in Armenia is very low. As of now there's only about 1,000 Muslims living in Armenia.

Nairi
03-05-2012, 05:42 AM
I've said time and again. Armenia must not allow large influx of Muslim migration due to the demographic imbalance. Birth rate in Armenia is very low. As of now there's only about 1,000 Muslims living in Armenia.

Who are they? It seems you don't count 60.000 Kurds as Muslims, they are not religious anyway and don't have their Mosques, the only Mosque in Armenia is for Iranians.

Nairi
03-05-2012, 05:44 AM

They're the ones that made the genocide possible. If not for them, Russia would've liberated us in 1878.

Why do you bother to post BS about Armenia making us Muslim states friend and enemies of Europeans when you said

I am neither a pro-Armenian

Whatever happens to us is none of your concern according to you own statement.

Mosov
03-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Who are they? It seems you don't count 60.000 Kurds as Muslims, they are not religious anyway and don't have their Mosques, the only Mosque in Armenia is for Iranians.

Yezdis are not Muslim.