PDA

View Full Version : Soulmates in different Race

Mortimer
03-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I dont know if Spirituality is the Right Subforum if not move it please to the right one.

Its a Question i bother about. Can ppl of different races be soulmates?
I think yes, everything points to it, we got whites and blacks loving eatch other, but just sometimes i get some strange thoughts that if someone looks very different its harder to see yourself in him/her? But than again if we get familiar with their looks over time it could be possible.

---

Any thoughts.

Supreme American
03-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Soul mate is a false concept.

Mortimer
03-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Soul mate is a false concept.

I think its important to have an soulmate, but thats for another discussion.

Btw, i got just now the strange thought that maybe its harder to see the deep suffering and the true romance of the soul in a other race than your own.

derLowe
03-01-2012, 05:30 PM
I think its important to have an soulmate, but thats for another discussion.

Btw, i got just now the strange thought that maybe its harder to see the deep suffering and the true romance of the soul in a other race than your own.

I am with Lagergeld on this one. There is no such thing as a soul mate, it is a concept that has caused many hardships for people.

RitinNair
03-01-2012, 05:33 PM
No.

HqiWFLsgVi4
zq7rgl3VyLU

Mortimer
03-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Also do you think in general that marriages of a similar background tend to be more happy?

Contra Mundum
03-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Also do you think in general that marriages of a similar background tend to be more happy?

No question about it.

Mortimer
03-21-2012, 07:08 AM
No question about it.

did you ever bothered why that is?

Contra Mundum
03-21-2012, 07:14 AM
did you ever bothered why that is?

People from similar background would probably feel more comfortable with one another, and could be more open and honest about their feelings and opinions. If you're married to someone of another race, you're not as free to express an opinion on racial issues, especially if there is some racial divide in the country they live in. That would create some tension in the relationship if they cannot relate to one another openly and honestly.

Mortimer
03-21-2012, 07:16 AM
People from similar background would probably feel more comfortable with one another, and could be more open and honest about their feelings and opinions. If you're married to someone of another race, you're not as free to express an opinion on racial issues, especially if there is some racial divide in the country they live in. That would create some tension in the relationship if they cannot relate to one another openly and honestly.

wouldnt that be true for a national or religios divide as well? but yes i tend to agree with you.

Contra Mundum
03-21-2012, 07:20 AM
wouldnt that be true for a national or religios divide as well? but yes i tend to agree with you.

Yes, I started to include religion as well. Depends on the country. In America, there wouldn't really be much conflict between a Catholic and Protestant like there would be in Ireland.

zack
03-21-2012, 08:40 AM

Well I can only speak for the United States,but the interracial divorce rate is higher than the same race divorce rate. It really is not about race per se but about culture and back ground. People of different back grounds will have more conflict. The children are the victims in these types of marriages.

Although i will say that the high divorce rates seem to follow down the white female line. That is white females with any non-white male have higher rates of divorce and marital instability.

With White males it is different. White male-Asian female only has a 4% higher chance of disruption. White male-Black Female has the lowest chance of disruption.

Interestingly the only non-white males that have the same rate of divorce for white women in a intermarriage is "Hispanic male-White female". Although these Hispanics identify as white anyways so there is probably not much conflict in a racial sense.

In many cases White females that marry non-white are expected to adopt the culture of the non-white male. This is why many White women who date black men or are married to one have a ghetto accent and speak in Ebonics.They are not allowed to have an opinion on racial issues. She essentially becomes lost to White America and ceases to defend other whites in the interracial house,if she was of the defending her race type in the first place.

The other side of the coin is that white females that go into these kinds of relationships never had or suppress ethnic/racial identity.

Bakura
03-21-2012, 08:47 AM
I dont know if Spirituality is the Right Subforum if not move it please to the right one.

Its a Question i bother about. Can ppl of different races be soulmates?
I think yes, everything points to it, we got whites and blacks loving eatch other, but just sometimes i get some strange thoughts that if someone looks very different its harder to see yourself in him/her? But than again if we get familiar with their looks over time it could be possible.

---

Any thoughts.

Isn't you was against miscegenation some months ago? Did you maybe fell in love with some blue eyed pale blonde austrian chick. :D

zack
03-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Although i would agree with Lagergeld. A soul mate does not exist in my mind. Even if one existed where would you find him/her?

Love is a chemical reaction in the brain designed by evolution to keep the parents together for the kids. Love is practically a fleeting illusion.

This is why the west has such a high divorce rate!

derLowe
03-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Although i would agree with Lagergeld. A soul mate does not exist in my mind. Even if one existed where would you find him/her?

Love is a chemical reaction in the brain designed by evolution to keep the parents together for the kids. Love is practically a fleeting illusion.

You can have love, just not the kind you see on TV.

Mortimer
03-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Isn't you was against miscegenation some months ago? Did you maybe fell in love with some blue eyed pale blonde austrian chick. :D

not yet bro, but it could maybe happen.

Bakura
03-21-2012, 09:11 AM

This is because west is too brainwashed with these trash pseudo-scientific mindsets.

rhiannon
03-21-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure soulmates actually exist, per se. However, you can find true love among people of any race. Love, attraction, and affection for a person are based on human factors which transcend race or culture.

rhiannon
03-21-2012, 09:38 AM

Yes.

But this is not set in stone. If you are asking for generalities, however, then the answer is yes.

rhiannon
03-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Interestingly the only non-white males that have the same rate of divorce for white women in a intermarriage is "Hispanic male-White female". Although these Hispanics identify as white anyways so there is probably not much conflict in a racial sense.

Also: Catholicism. Most Hispanic men follow it....at least this is the case for Mexican men.