PDA

View Full Version : What makes you happy/soothens you?

Sabinae
03-02-2012, 01:48 PM
From the little walks in life, everyday happenings or memories, what puts a smile on your face and makes your heart sing?
Did anyhting happen today that sincerely made you laugh?
How about sharing.

I'll go on first. Few little things that bring me comfort, and pleasure:
- chocolate...or a good perfume
- a long bath
- The Apricity :wink

Queen B
03-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Spending time with a kid/baby/toddler.

Treffie
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Smoothing my cat. In fact, I think I'll do just that, especially after being on the phone to the tax office for the past 39 minutes :zzz:

Sabinae
03-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Adding:

-a new phone :tongue

Queen B
03-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Adding:

-a new phone :tongue

You got a new one?

Sabinae
03-02-2012, 02:30 PM
You got a new one?

I shall this next week... hopefully a new laptop too! Yay! I'm feeling geekish :D:tongue

Playing with a child...fills my heart in deeper ways. You are right, dandelion, a child can bring out the purest smile one can have on their lips, and heart!

lepa
03-02-2012, 02:35 PM
- new boyfriend.
- chat with friends.
- shopping.
- sweets.

Teyrn
03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Pachelbel's Canon in D Major.

Sabinae
03-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Pachelbel's Canon in D Major.

Oh, I love this one! It is set as a ring tone for my best friend :D:D

Teyrn
03-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Oh, I love this one! It is set as a ring tone for my best friend :D:D

It was one of the earliest classical pieces I fell in love with. I love Orff's Carmina Burana about the same but that isn't what I'd call soothing music. :p

mymy
03-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Big cup of coffee in the sunny mornings...
Cooking
All the other typical female things: shoping-heels, make up, clothes... cosmetics, massages, coloring nails... smelling flowers, lol, yes even that...
Nice bath, with pieces of apples and roses...
Good books, music, play in theater...
Taking care about others

The Apricity, yes, agree with Sab, awesome place!

And in the end, but the most important: Love in any form... giving, receiving... :heartbea:

Rastko
03-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Cofee and cigarette with my friends.
Being moderately drunk.
Looking at my girlfriend when she is thinking.
Flirting.

Masturbating.Gross but honestly. :D

PetiteParisienne
03-02-2012, 02:49 PM
-Walking in the local gardens early in the morning.
-Cooking and baking.
-Reading.
-Being cozy indoors during a thunderstorm.
-Crocheting.
-Being with friends and family.
-Horseback riding.
-Hearing my baby laugh.

Grumpy Cat
03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Carving up the side of a hill or mountain with my snowboard.

Teyrn
03-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Looking up at a cloudless sky at night and seeing the stars gives me a feeling of intense satisfaction and joy. It reminds me that I have the ability to think beyond the confines of the earth's mundanity. This is one of my favorite sites in the world:

http://www.almanac.com/sites/new.almanac.com/files/orion_constellation_small.jpg

Orion's constellation.

Sabinae
03-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Carving up the side of a hill or mountain with my snowboard.

AD, thats awesome! And you are in the perfect country for such!

Last I tried... I fell flat on my bottom... :laugh: I'm a menace when it comes to snowboarding... the least I can do is skate, but, to me, that isn't exactly soothing... Im still scared of falling flat on the ice :D

Grumpy Cat
03-02-2012, 03:02 PM
AD, thats awesome! And you are in the perfect country for such!

Last I tried... I fell flat on my bottom... :laugh: I'm a menace when it comes to snowboarding... the least I can do is skate, but, to me, that isn't exactly soothing... Im still scared of falling flat on the ice :D

I actually can't skate very well. This is ironic because my grandfather was a hockey player and my mother a figure skater.

I prefer individual activities, like snowboarding. I find social activities very stressful and need a break from them. I just play the social person.

Flintlocke
03-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Killing my enemies in battle and raising the bloody sword to the sun in honor and yelling Mars' name! Or puppies, puppies are fine. :D

Leadchucker
03-02-2012, 03:17 PM
A day on the beach fishing. Catching something is not important rather just being there for a sunrise over the ocean, the sound of the surf, the being alone with my thoughts for a few hours while enjoying the outdoors.

Cooking a great meal. Besides the satisfaction of accomplishment there's the sharing of the love put into the cooking.

A long flight with my model sailplanes in thermals sharing the sky and nature's energy with the birds and just relaxing.

Many kinds of music can make me happy depending on my mood, it could be from Bach to Alice in Chains all in the same day.

On the beach:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/420255_2624476705801_1671751199_1606321_1042913782 _n.jpg

SilverKnight
03-02-2012, 03:21 PM
My Gf
My Music
My Heritage
and My Imac :D

Baron Samedi
03-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Being intoxicated.

Since I have stopped that for good... Nothing now.

Grumpy Cat
03-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Being intoxicated.

That's been my thing, lately. I know it's bad.

I don't go on a snowboard intoxicated, that's actually illegal here.

lI
03-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Walks in the woods, especially at night. I'm only semi-domesticated, I guess :D

Amapola
03-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Being with family.

Grumpy Cat
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Right now, Jose Cuervo.

Black Sun Dimension
03-03-2012, 02:44 PM
That feeling you get when you finish work and you know you have all the weekend free to do whatever you want without worrying about deadlines and shit.

Foxy
03-03-2012, 02:54 PM
When my boyfriend tells me: "Tonight I bring you to the Chinese restaurant, and I pay for both!" :thumb001:

Sex... honest answer.

Germanicus
03-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Enjoying my wifes company,...going out for meals in local pubs,...walking my 2 staffies,..one or two drinks on an evening just chilling out watching a bit of TV. (MOTD saturday night)

Pallantides
03-03-2012, 03:05 PM
dLp-JgswVb4

Supreme American
03-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Accomplishing goals in life and the Florida beach vacation I just paid $$$ for.

Teyrn
03-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Being intoxicated.

Since I have stopped that for good... Nothing now.

Artificial happiness created by booze isn't true happiness and then there are the side-effects like hangovers, etc. :(

Mortimer
03-03-2012, 03:46 PM
good meal:D
sometimes internet, a nice pm/email...but sometimes internet is even more stress. so undecided on internet

Mordid
03-03-2012, 03:47 PM
vodka.

Mortimer
03-03-2012, 03:48 PM
vodka.

yes a bit of alcohol is sometimes not bad...

Mordid
03-03-2012, 03:49 PM
yes a bit of alcohol is sometimes not bad...
add redbull and coke = superB

Mortimer
03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I dont know if it was Lenin, Stalin or someone else who said it but.... he said something along the line

"Give a man a bottle of wodka, an kg potatoes and a wife in his bed, and he is happy".....

Leadchucker
03-03-2012, 03:56 PM
vodka. Try it with root beer...yes, really :D

Rosenrot
03-03-2012, 04:07 PM
- Inspiration caused by music
- Visual stimulation by beautiful things
- Euro mans
- Alcohol
- Drawing, writing, express myself
- Try new things
- Family and friends company
- Meet new interesting people and places
- Traveling expectative
- Good food
- Get over myself
- Laught. A lot.

Europa
03-03-2012, 04:12 PM
The smiles of my children.

Leadchucker
03-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Traveling expectative

You have to love this, I do. It has it's own special mix of excitement and apprehension at the same time.:thumbs up

Black Sun Dimension
03-03-2012, 04:40 PM
BBQ and cold beer on a hot afternoon weekend at your backyard, with some chilling music, comfy chairs, friends and family to talk and tell jokes, some snacks to dip in the guacamole while you wait for the meat to be ready.

All this shatters when you realize its your turn to wash the dishes and clean up the mess.

ariaka
03-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Listening to a water fountain.

rhiannon
03-04-2012, 02:49 AM
My husband
My children
My cats
Music
Colored lights and candles burning
Perfume
Bubble Baths
Back Massage
A cool, cloudy day in the forest and mountains
Swimming anywhere
Bike Riding
Our hottub

Gaztelu
03-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Soothing piano music
Travel
Beautiful days
"Chill" parties
Early morning strolls in the rural countryside
Looking at city lights from an elevated place
Looking at the stars in the middle of nowhere
Victory

GeistFaust
03-04-2012, 02:59 AM
Nothing makes me feel better than overcoming some struggle or challenge, Exercising makes me feel good, Intellectual Stimulation by reading philosophical books always made feel on a high, Proving others wrong makes me feel good, Independently determining myself, Freely wandering in nature, and fighting liberals and other degenerate scum.

Grumpy Cat
03-04-2012, 04:12 AM
I know this may sound weird, but my job.

No cooler feeling than solving a problem, or having something you designed or wrote deployed. It's a sense of accomplishment.

The act of working on it is fun and relaxing, I compare it to doing a crossword puzzle. But solving the problem is like the feeling of completing a crossword puzzle x 10.

Crossword puzzles soothe me too.

Sikeliot
03-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Eating a lot.. not a good thing to admit but I love eating. I will go through bags of chips at a time and then go for the ice cream next. D:

European Loyalist
03-04-2012, 06:47 AM
-playing music (except when I have a solo in orchestra :embarrassed)
-listening to music
-cycling
-skiing
-hiking
-talking with and meeting other young rightists! :) (When you are surrounded by braindead hipster liberals/politically apathetic people another rightist is like a brother/sister to you.)
-seeing and studying our beautiful peoples and cultures and acheivements :)

Mosov
03-04-2012, 06:49 AM
sleeping

Sikeliot
03-04-2012, 06:53 AM
sleeping

I agree with this as well. Especially sleeping after a shower, with wet hair. Some people hate sleeping with wet hair, but I love it.

Marmie Dearest
03-04-2012, 07:14 AM
nice long walks in lovely weather (or even not-so-lovely weather, if I'm properly dressed for the occasion)

baking or a trying a new recipe

cats

the smell of freshly turned earth in a garden

long drives on back country roads

listening to music

museums and historic houses

good movies

literature that I personally enjoy (not something I'm made to read!)

derLowe
03-04-2012, 07:16 AM
I know this may sound weird, but my job.

No cooler feeling than solving a problem, or having something you designed or wrote deployed. It's a sense of accomplishment.

The act of working on it is fun and relaxing, I compare it to doing a crossword puzzle. But solving the problem is like the feeling of completing a crossword puzzle x 10.

Crossword puzzles soothe me too.

You remind me of the fictional character "Inspector Morse". :D

derLowe
03-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Diving underwater while holding my breath.

I get such a wonderful sense of isolation when I do that. I can be under water for up to a minute just enjoying the solitude. When it rains it is even more beautiful at the bottom of the pool, the rain drops just puncture the water surface making a breath taking show.

Grumpy Cat
03-19-2012, 08:57 PM
You remind me of the fictional character "Inspector Morse". :D

Haha... well, today I got a rush at work. I solved a problem that I had been working on for two weeks and it was driving me stir crazy.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybujsiloo1qgbzuz.jpg

Caismeachd
03-22-2012, 08:34 AM
A good jog sprint, but I've been out of the habit due to injury.

Hiking. Only mountains or areas which have nice viewpoints. I don't like too rural very much.

Tea - chamomile is my favorite.

A good movie. Something I haven't discovered yet. Not some Hollywood tripe but something like discovering Kurosawa or Tarkovsky for the first time.

Having a few people in my life I can trust and confide in but this is the most volatile of everything I've written so that's why it's last.