PDA

View Full Version : Swedish language metal music

Óttar
05-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Neue Deutsche Haerte music such as Rammstein, Megaherz, Eisbrecher, Letzte Instanz, and Leichenwetter all sing in German, along with Medieval and Medieval metal acts like Tanzwut, Corvus Corax, In Extremo and Subway to Sally in nice clear, clean vocals. They have all helped immeasurably in my study of the German language well before there were any classes available.

It is unfortunately not easy to find Swedish speaking metal or hard rock acts.. It is even harder to find Irish Gaelic speaking bands.

Can anyone tell me of any Swedish or Irish speaking bands?

Finntroll sings in Swedish but it's in that completely unnecessary and unintelligible shrieking and pseudo-macho quasi-eunuch growling that I can't stand..

Psychonaut
05-10-2009, 09:45 PM
A good Swedish metal/punk band with easily understandable lyrics is Hel. Here are a few of their songs:

mq04wrSmO-Y

tpROmRKp-5w

w_COIIFwfBw

Freomæg
05-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Not so much metal as folk-rock/metal, but try Otyg:

lUrI7K0IsVo

I believe it's sung in Old Swedish.

Vulpix
05-10-2009, 09:48 PM
You can find some band names here (https://www.flashback.info/showthread.php?t=789794). Too lazy atm :P.

Ladejarlen
05-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Vintersorg, Pest, Istapp:)

YggsVinr
05-11-2009, 01:07 AM
Neue Deutsche Haerte music such as Rammstein, Megaherz, Eisbrecher, Letzte Instanz, and Leichenwetter all sing in German, along with Medieval and Medieval metal acts like Tanzwut, Corvus Corax, In Extremo and Subway to Sally in nice clear, clean vocals. They have all helped immeasurably in my study of the German language well before there were any classes available.

It is unfortunately not easy to find Swedish speaking metal or hard rock acts.. It is even harder to find Irish Gaelic speaking bands.

Can anyone tell me of any Swedish or Irish speaking bands?

Finntroll sings in Swedish but it's in that completely unnecessary and unintelligible shrieking and pseudo-macho quasi-eunuch growling that I can't stand..

Its actually quite easy, unless you want the vocals to be entirely clean. Most metal bands that sing in Swedish tend to be viking, folk, or black metal bands. Just in case you have a change of heart about harsher vocals, you can trying checking out Manegarm, Thyrfing, Sigrblot and others of their ilk. There are also, of course, some straight up black metal bands who sing in Swedish or at least occasionally do, f.ex. Setherial on their debut have a few songs in Swedish. If you're really set on clean vocals then I suggest you hit up metal-archives.com and do an advanced search.

Tabiti
05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Valkyria (Swe)
fPoU6XxvmgY

Manegarm
4Qi55brVbnQ

Thyrfing
JKL7Uc89jFM

Siebenburgen
bJIPW3AJlak

Óttar
05-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks, I'll give Otyg, Hel, and a few others a shot.

The vast majority of Black Metal constitutes unintelligible shrieking. The point of listening to metal pa svensk is the ability to comprehend.

It's like CoF (How commercial they are is beside the point as back when they weren't pop, they still did this) with Shakespearean lyrics invoking moon goddesses and mentioning the Galli (eunuch priests who served Kybele), but what difference does it make? Nobody would appreciate Shakespeare if it was shrieked unintelligibly at the theater. They might as well be recording their hawking a loogie first thing in the morning.

Too bad there isn't any swedish industrial metal a la Rammstein or Eisbrecher.

I've been enjoying Eisbrecher's song "This is Deutsch." on their album Suende.

Óttar
05-14-2009, 06:11 PM
You can find some band names here (https://www.flashback.info/showthread.php?t=789794). Too lazy atm :P.

That forum had a link to a Swedish band that imitates Rammstein.. I can't access that post because I'm not a member of the forum.. Do you know who they are?

post #30 in that thread BTW.. Though they apparently sing in Naerpa dialect. Hopefully that's not some backwater Mundart. :D

Ladejarlen
05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
That forum had a link to a Swedish band that imitates Rammstein.. I can't access that post because I'm not a member of the forum.. Do you know who they are?

Sure you dont mean a Norwegian band? We have one band that mimicks Rammstein in nynorsk, the band is called Rammsund.
http://www.myspace.com/rammmsund

On topic: Check out Vintersorg

Loyalist
05-14-2009, 06:28 PM
That's Swedish about covered, and as for Irish Gaelic, try Cruachan. Most of their songs are in English, unfortunately, but they do have a good number in the former, and some which mix the two.

Md1j_AjoqhU

Óttar
05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Sure you dont mean a Norwegian band? We have one band that mimicks Rammstein in nynorsk, the band is called Rammsund.
http://www.myspace.com/rammmsund

On topic: Check out Vintersorg

It's post #30 on that thread from Queen Fox "metal pa svensk". I can't access it because I'm not a member... I've heard Rammsund, and friended them on myspace.

I listened to Vintersorg's Till Fjaells last night.

Brännvin
05-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Njord

5GowOe93kCE

Korpöga

fCwIvHcs0b4

Blå brigader

Jb-ijMtEDhQ

Phlegethon
06-03-2009, 11:44 AM
yHl-YhvRuE4

bvXL2JoxYAk

qxi_JPOHNTw

Not to forget

5x-bUTWTTcs

And last but not least, from Emil i Lönneberga:

FS_dQWNdxvk

Ladejarlen
06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
NXVcxGW1d_0

HawkR
06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Like, hello? You've totally forgot Falconer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB087L5NrzE&feature=PlayList&p=15E8F27562AF2B55&index=0

Phlegethon
06-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I mentioned Mithotyn. Almost the same.

Brännvin
06-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Völund Smed - Hälsningar Från Rurik :thumb001:

j3qUy_FPdDY

Völund Smed - Fosterland

QuCJHg3R0mI

völund smed-kämpa

9uQM-72Rogg