PDA

View Full Version : How much Cherokee does Angie Harmon have?

RottenBeauty
03-05-2012, 10:35 AM
She is of Irish, Greek, and Cherokee descent. I read somewhere that she was half Cherokee, but when she was under attack for her political views (staunch Republican), she said it was because she was white. They were saying she was racist because she didn't like Obama's policies. She also said that just because she doesn't agree with Democrats, it does not mean she is a dumb hick. :p

http://cdn08.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2000/12/21694643-21694645-large.jpg

http://www.fameball.com/imgcache/7/63/4

I am just curious. I think I see some Silvid influence in her eyes.

Queen B
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Her eyes are indeed strange, but I defenately see the Greek in her, though she doesn't pass as that typical

hipaware
03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
10-15%

GeistFaust
03-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Looks to be between Nordo-Mediterranid Atlantid and Atlanto-Mediterranid with a Brunn influence, and some other slightly exotic influences.

Nothing really stands out about her, but there is something there especially in her eye area. I would say she could pass as a Criollo, but I can see her Greek and Irish.

Allenson
03-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Not much, I would reckon. Here's a full-blooded Silvid woman for comparison's sake:

http://www.old-picture.com/indians/pictures/Native-American-Woman.jpg

SaxonCeorl
03-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Well, her nose is about as far from Native American as you can get. I wouldn't have suspected any non-Euro in her. Good for her for not being the typical neo-liberal celebrity :)

Neanderthal
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Her mandible and eyes gives away Amerid vibes; Around 10-15% Amerid probably.

Sikeliot
03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
She doesn't look Greek or Amerindian.. but the combination of her ancestries is such that she could pass as French, Spanish, or Portuguese.

Barreldriver
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
She's probably got as much Cherokee as the other Harmon's from the Southern U.S. have, none. The Harmon family spans far and wide now (Tennessee, Texas, Virginia), originally based out of Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, and since the Reconstruction they've claimed Cherokee ancestry though they're descendants keep getting denied on the paperwork whether they be Harmon, Neal, Burgess, etc...

RottenBeauty
03-05-2012, 05:58 PM
She's probably got as much Cherokee as the other Harmon's from the Southern U.S. have, none. The Harmon family spans far and wide now (Tennessee, Texas, Virginia), originally based out of Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, and since the Reconstruction they've claimed Cherokee ancestry though they're descendants keep getting denied on the paperwork whether they be Harmon, Neal, Burgess, etc...

How do you know this? :P

Anyway, white Americans love to claim Cherokee ancestry. Massive generalization, but it's pretty common.

Barreldriver
03-05-2012, 06:29 PM

It's a guess but I'm basing it on an often discussed Harmon family in the Southern U.S. which spread from the Shenandoah Valley and made it into States like Tennessee and Texas (the later being where Angie was born so it seems more than coincidence to be a Texan and a Harmon).

RottenBeauty
03-05-2012, 06:36 PM
It's a guess but I'm basing it on an often discussed Harmon family in the Southern U.S. which spread from the Shenandoah Valley and made it into States like Tennessee and Texas (the later being where Angie was born so it seems more than coincidence to be a Texan and a Harmon).

The Cherokee comes from her father, I think. Her mother is full Greek.

Barreldriver
03-05-2012, 06:44 PM
The Cherokee comes from her father, I think. Her mother is full Greek.

Ya, her father being a Texan Harmon is what I based my presumption upon the Harmon family from the Shenandoah Valley spread into Tennessee and Texas, the Harmon name is not very common in Texas so there's a likely connection.

The Harmon's and their descendants have tried to claim Cherokee ancestry but have been denied by the tribes and the government, so it is likely that Angie's Cherokee ancestry is nonexistent.

RottenBeauty
03-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Ya, her father being a Texan Harmon is what I based my presumption upon the Harmon family from the Shenandoah Valley spread into Tennessee and Texas, the Harmon name is not very common in Texas so there's a likely connection.

The Harmon's and their descendants have tried to claim Cherokee ancestry but have been denied by the tribes and the government, so it is likely that Angie's Cherokee ancestry is nonexistent.

Testing shows that many white Americans who claim Native actually do not have it, and those who do are usually 10% or less.

Barreldriver
03-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Testing shows that many white Americans who claim Native actually do not have it, and those who do are usually 10% or less.

:thumbs up Tis true. I have a suspicion as to why these myths got passed down.

For some it was to hide negro admixture, for others it may have been a way to cope within patrilinear Southron society, for others it may have been a crafty scheme to get free money.

Sikeliot
03-05-2012, 07:14 PM
I'd bet if she has anything it's black admixture, for the reason stated above. People often claimed Cherokee to explain ambiguous features if they didn't want to be grouped into the black category because of the One Drop Rule.

Yogurthouse
03-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Not much

Gaztelu
03-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Nothing really stands out about her, but there is something there especially in her eye area. I would say she could pass as a Criollo, but I can see her Greek and Irish.

You do know what a criollo is, right?

Anyway, the only racially suspicious thing about her is her pigmentation, although that alone does not say much.

Sikeliot
03-06-2012, 01:27 AM
I think she has a SW Euro look about her.

RottenBeauty
03-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Here she is when young:

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Angie_Harmon_seventeen_magazine_cover_1987.jpg

I think younger pictures help because Hollywood is plastic city, so features on a lot of actresses have been altered.

Why do I recognize her?

Wait . . . I just realized who she looks like! Ali Mcgraw!

Yogurthouse
03-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Here she is when young:

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Angie_Harmon_seventeen_magazine_cover_1987.jpg

I think younger pictures help because Hollywood is plastic city, so features on a lot of actresses have been altered.

Why do I recognize her?

Yes, you are right about that

Supreme American
03-06-2012, 02:16 AM

Anyway, white Americans love to claim Cherokee ancestry. Massive generalization, but it's pretty common.

In the past few years, actor and father of Angelina Jolie, Jon Voigt, admitted that he faked having Indian ancestry in the 1970s because it was the "in" thing to do and he did it to bump his career.

Padre Organtino
03-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Here she is when young:

Why do I recognize her?

Judging by this pic she may have distant Black ancestry.

Bozkurt_Karabash
03-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Judging by this pic she may have distant Black ancestry.

Not really... if anything Native American is more credible. Looks slightly mongoloid

zack
03-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Her mandible and eyes gives away Amerid vibes; Around 10-15% Amerid probably.

Who looks more amerindian me or her?

rashka
03-06-2012, 02:45 AM
She was quite hairy when young. I guess she still is but uses wax. I agree with the statement above that her coloring is kind of dark and her inner eyes are what give her a more exotic look.

Is she 3/4 European and 1/4 Cherokee?

RottenBeauty
03-06-2012, 05:14 AM
She was quite hairy when young. I guess she still is but uses wax. I agree with the statement above that her coloring is kind of dark and her inner eyes are what give her a more exotic look.

No. It is distant and unconfirmed ancestry. Her mother is Greek, and her father is Irish with distant Cherokee.

The dark coloring and hairiness comes from her Greek mother. Her father, Larry Harmon, is pretty whitebread. That is where her Cherokee comes from.

Grandfather from her father's side:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XE2UVeLX5D4/SHJ17_IoDSI/AAAAAAAAArI/Vyx0hlq8HtA/s400/Larry+Harmon.jpg

RottenBeauty
03-07-2012, 05:32 AM

If she considers herself a white woman, then I am guessing not. Plus, her father and his family do not look like they have significant Cherokee ancestry (look like regular white Americans) and keep getting denied by the tribe, which is why I say it is distant.

I do think she is exotic, though, but the "darkness" could easily come from her mother.

Summer
04-03-2012, 11:11 PM
about 20%