PDA

View Full Version : I want more handouts, says 18-year-old mother-of-three

Vulpix
05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I want more handouts, says 18-year-old mother-of-three who left her £1m home for a Big Issue seller (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1180617/I-want-handouts-says-18-year-old-mother-left-1m-home-Big-Issue-seller.html)

Last updated at 10:47 PM on 11th May 2009

At the age of 14, Catherine Scott left her wealthy parents' home to have a baby with a Big Issue seller.
Four years later, she has just had twins by another man more than twice her age.
As a result, she is demanding a better home from the council and more handouts so, she says, she can teach her children not to turn out like her.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/11/article-1180617-04E5CE03000005DC-481_468x508.jpg

Catherine Scott, 18, left, with partner Dean Evans, 40, their twins Presley and Amber and Mr Evans's ex-wife Susan Blake

The 18-year-old rebel, a solicitor's daughter from a £1million house in Sevenoaks, Kent, is not satisfied with the three-bedroom flat, thought to be owned by a housing association, where she and her fiance live in Margate.

She says taxpayers should provide a four-bedroom house in a more affluent area for her, jobless 40-year-old Dean Evans and their children.

Miss Scott, whose boyfriend has five other children by three ex-wives, is also demanding more benefits, saying that £16,000 a year is not enough to live on.

'It's a farce,' said Miss Scott, still in Pembury Hospital after giving birth to Presley and Amber by caesarean section ten days ago.

'We're not being fussy but we don't know anyone and there are 52 steps up to our front door. We also have to share the garden with six neighbours.'

Miss Scott says she refused to attend school from the age of 12 and became pregnant a year later by a 29-year-old Big Issue seller she met at the station.

At 14, she gave birth to a son but after six months she left him with her parents Katherine and John, saying she could not cope. She moved in with a friend and moved out with the friend's husband, Mr Evans, after beginning an affair in 2007.

The couple have already been evicted from one flat for not paying their rent and claim their human rights have been breached because the council will not rehouse them.
Miss Scott told Closer magazine: 'I'll make a good mum this time.'

Puffing on a cigarette, she added: 'I'm a natural with the twins because I'm more grown up. I can't wait to take my babies out of the hospital to show them off. We'll be OK - we'll get child benefit, child tax credits and milk tokens.'

The mother, who plans to have Amber and Presley's names tattooed on her shoulders, added: 'We don't want the twins to turn out like us. We want them to do well at school. I didn't, because I left at 12, and now Dean's 13-year-old son Dylan is better at maths than me.

'Of course, if Amber fell pregnant when she was young I'd support her, but I'd rather she was a ballet dancer or a model.'

The couple compare themselves to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Mr Evans, who claims to have slept with more than 200 women and aspires to have ten children, hopes Presley will be a footballer.

He was not present at the birth of the twins. But he asked his first wife Sue Blake, 51, with whom he split in 1998 after cheating on her, to hold his fiancee's hand.

The former builder pays no maintenance for his children as he has been unable to work since suffering a groin injury when he was impaled by a steel girder in September 2006.

Now he is hoping for a £200,000 compensation payout to give his new family a 'good start'.

He said: 'I do my best on my benefits, but more money would be nice. I got a crisis loan off the DSS and topped it up with the government maternity grant so I could get them nice stuff. More than £1,000 went on clothes - I got Presley a Spurs kit and bib. I also bought a double buggy, a couple of cots - and a new puppy.'

At the Scott family home, Catherine's sister Charlotte, 20, said: 'What has she done now, for God's sake? We do not want to talk about her.'

Treffie
05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
The mother, who plans to have Amber and Presley's names tattooed on her shoulders, added: 'We don't want the twins to turn out like us. We want them to do well at school. I didn't, because I left at 12, and now Dean's 13-year-old son Dylan is better at maths than me.

Hardly surprising if you ask me.

She says taxpayers should provide a four-bedroom house in a more affluent area for her, jobless 40-year-old Dean Evans and their children.

How about paying for sterilisation first?

Puffing on a cigarette, she added: 'I'm a natural with the twins because I'm more grown up

Let us decide on that one

The couple compare themselves to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

WTF?

He said: 'I do my best on my benefits, but more money would be nice. I got a crisis loan off the DSS and topped it up with the government maternity grant so I could get them nice stuff. More than £1,000 went on clothes - I got Presley a Spurs kit and bib. I also bought a double buggy, a couple of cots - and a new puppy.

Yes, must get the essentials, especially the puppy which will give him more income when he's trying to shift the Big Issue.

SwordoftheVistula
05-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Who leaked the script for Idiocracy II?

It's no wonder so many people have a lackadaisical attitude towards being taken over by muslims when such specimens come from the native population.

Lady L
05-12-2009, 12:30 PM
With a story like this one...:rolleyes: I just want to add that it would be nice if some people would want to do well for themselves and for their children, instead of depending on someone else to support them. This is what makes Government funding look bad. Some people really do need a little bit of help and they should get it. But, this is what I call " milking it " :wink When you have 2 people who are ready for children, and plenty able to work, this is when they should be told no! Then, maybe they would get off their lazy ass and do it themselves. :rolleyes: You would also think that if a young girl is going to pick a man twice her age, she would pick one well established. :cool:

SwordoftheVistula
05-12-2009, 01:05 PM
That's the problem with government funding, is it inevitably leads to cases like this, and there's no real way to keep people like this from collecting while allowing 'deserving' people to get help.

Vulpix
05-12-2009, 01:14 PM
That's the problem with government funding, is it inevitably leads to cases like this, and there's no real way to keep people like this from collecting while allowing 'deserving' people to get help.

Debatable, however surely the current system does (next to) nothing to minimize the "milking" by undeserving individuals.

Lulletje Rozewater
05-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Debatable, however surely the current system does (next to) nothing to minimize the "milking" by undeserving individuals.

I saw on Sky-news that parliamentarians in Britain have been doing this too in a disguised way

Rainraven
05-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Miss Scott, whose boyfriend has five other children by three ex-wives

He must have strong little swimmers ^_^

she can teach her children not to turn out like her.

And is she herself not proof that coming from a rich family in a big house does not make you a decent human being? The fact that she believes an extra bedroom and less stairs will make her children more intelligent, or indeed ballet dancers just shows what an imbecile she is. She needs to support and encourage them to stay in school and teach them good work ethic, whether it be in a dingy flat or a mansion.

Sol Invictus
05-13-2009, 12:45 AM
He must have strong little swimmers ^_^

Or he's been very busy. :p

Skandi
05-13-2009, 02:03 PM
whether it be in a dingy flat or a mansion.

I would have thought that there would be more desire to do well if you come from said dingy flat, as you wouldn't want your children to grow up in the conditions that you did.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Looks like she is wasting her life with the wrong man. One that has a number of children with "exes" as well.

And now she wants more money and compares her little "family" with one of famous stars- well she may be right as it seems to be unruly enough.
Well Ms. Scott I have an advise for you: why don't you and that so called fiancée of yours go out and work for it ? If you, Mr. Evans can afford to make children with no less then three women then that injury of yours can't be that bad.

Groenewolf
05-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I have two things to say. First she should be happy with what she has now. A three bedroom flat is a lot espaily considering their income, or lack of real income.

Secondly, considering the promiscuous behaviour of her fiancee. And the fact he does not pay child support for any of his childeren. I already pity her. Because I think it is highly unlickly that he will improve.

Vargtand
05-13-2009, 08:31 PM
I think there should be a certain IQ level that must be attained in order to receive social benefits...

Sol Invictus
05-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Social welfare I believe should be only given to working class men and women who've fallen on hard times, and the disabled. The screening process isn't near as thorough as it should be, and the inability to close your legs in my opinion doesn't constitute hard times, it's theft from your community who pay into it to help their fellow community members, and it's a slap in the face. That's why I kind of think that social welfare should be paid into localized treasuries in the communities to be dispersed to those who need it to prevent any kind of theft from it, and at least you'll know exactly who is receiving it if that person is living next door to you, that way you know if they are abusing the system an assembly can cut them off and perhaps oust them from the community.

Jamt
05-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Dean Evans is the guy from the opening scene in Idiocracy,
groin injury and all.

Spaniard_Truth
05-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Hmm, while she seems like a bad apple with good parentage and therefore good genes, she's wasting them on the trash of society. This is, however, being better than the average trash-trash relationship, which will spawn even less desirable children. And let's face it, at least they are British. The money would otherwise be going to Bosnian gypsies and African tribes.

I've long since stopped caring about social leeches. After all, I don't like this modern society and don't really care about the depletion of its coffers. In fact, it is 'good citizens' that are maintaining the systems that are destroying the European people, so these people I don't really mind and wouldn't if they were Spaniards either.

Birka
05-13-2009, 10:14 PM
I wonder about the future of the Human race.:confused: