PDA

View Full Version : Do the Finns have a nationalist party?

British and Proud
05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Have you anything similar to the BNP?

I am familiar with the parties of Italy, France, Belgium (Vlaams Belang), etc, but I was wondering whether the Finns, having seen what has happened in other European countries and still being relatively homogenous, have established a nationalist party?

EWtt
05-14-2009, 06:02 PM
There's the True Finns (Perussuomalaiset) party.

The party is known for its anti-EU stance, and considered by most to be nationalistic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Finns

And Suomen Sisu is one of the nationalist movements.

Suomen Sisu is a Finnish nationalistic association that stands against unlimited immigration and seeks to promote patriotism and nationalism. Suomen Sisu supports the idea of independent national states that govern themselves alone and opposes supranational co-operation, especially the European Union.

http://www.suomensisu.org/

British and Proud
05-14-2009, 06:18 PM

http://www.suomensisu.org/

Thanks for your reply! That's reassuring to know - I just hope they begin to attract success.

Btw, it would be nice if supporters of nationalist parties could write a little about their country's party - this is after all a cultural/ethnic preservation forum, and I believe the ballot box is the way forward. Perhaps it could be 'stuck' so that it is noticeable to new visitors?

Eldritch
05-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I am a member of Suomen Sisu. The org is currently in some turmoil due to there having been many changes in prominent positions. Many old-skool SS members think the new leadership is too "kosher" and PC. But we'll see how that turns out.

The chairperson of Perussuomalaiset, Timo Soini, flaked out of appointing Jussi Halla-aho, the leader of the so-called "maahanmuuttokriittinen" ("immigration-critical", an important distinction from being "anti-immigration") movement, in the forthcoming EU elections.

Halla-aho won a landslide victory in last autumn's municipal elections, and even since then the mainstream media in this country have been in a state of panic about him. Soini lost his nerve at the most crucial moment, which is something that won't be quickly (or ever) forgotten or forgiven. The only thing that prevented the nationalist front in Finnish polirics from being torn into two was Halla-aho's wise, and remarkably unselfish, decision to bow out instead of running anyway on his own ticket.

Then again, Soini doesn't need "us", since his party is soaring in popularity anyway.

Lenny
05-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Halla-aho won a landslide victory in last autumn's municipal electionsSorry, I'm a little confused. Do you mean to say that a Finnish nationalist party has representation in the Finnish parliament? Is it a "first past the post" system or proportional representation?

Eldritch
05-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Do you mean to say that a Finnish nationalist party has representation in the Finnish parliament? Is it a "first past the post" system or proportional representation?

No, Halla-aho won a tremendous victory without being a member of any established potical party. That's how sick ordinary Finns are of the current kakistocracy.

Eldritch
05-29-2009, 07:45 AM
After the True Finns's betrayal of real Finnish nationalists, there are now two different parties starting up as alternatives. Everything is still under development, but I'll keep keep reporting for anyone who is interested.

Skandi
05-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Jussi Halla-aho, did he not make some stupid comments about women and rape.

Lahtari
05-29-2009, 01:41 PM

He said that IF someone HAS to get raped as a result of irresponsible immigration policies, he hopes that at least the ones responsible - green-left female multiculti-activists and their supporters - would be targetted INSTEAD of random people. Needless to say, the media didn't handle that blog-statement very objectively.. :rolleyes: ;)

It was the same thing with one of his older blog posts where he said he was playing with the idea of shooting a gay man in the street who insisted of having oral sex with him - and now he got prosecuted and his gun permit re-examined. (Like the essential thing would be that the man was gay instead of that he was harassing him..).

Eldritch
05-29-2009, 05:40 PM

May I ask where and how did you hear about this?

Moonbird
07-16-2010, 07:20 AM

There's also Suomen Kansan Sinivalkoiset.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/sinivalkoiset/

I am a member of Suomen Sisu.

What would you say the main political differences are between the True Finns and Suomen Sisu?

The Ripper
07-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Suomen Kansan Sinivalkoiset are not a serious alternative in my opinion.

I've been happy to note the attempts by some True Finns to forge the party image into that of a "nationalist workers' party".

The True Finns are a populist discontent/protest party so-far, while Suomen Sisu is more of a think-tank that tries to formulate modern nationalist thought, at least this is my perception. I would join but I'm unsure of the current state and direction of the organization, they do indeed seem to have gone "kosher".

Muutos can suck my balls.

Eldritch
07-17-2010, 09:58 PM
What would you say the main political differences are between the True Finns and Suomen Sisu?

Well first of all SS is not a political party nor does it seek to become one.

However many current and former SS activists are also involved with PS: Halla-aho, Teemu Lahtinen, Johannes Nieminen etc.

As you may know, originally SS was the Suomalaisuuden liitto (http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomalaisuuden_liitto)-jugend.

Moonbird
07-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Well first of all SS is not a political party nor does it seek to become one.

However many current and former SS activists are also involved with PS: Halla-aho, Teemu Lahtinen, Johannes Nieminen etc.

As you may know, originally SS was the Suomalaisuuden liitto (http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomalaisuuden_liitto)-jugend.

Yeah not much love lost for the Swedish language in Suomalaisuuden liitto.:ohwell:

The Ripper
07-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah not much love lost for the Swedish language in Suomalaisuuden liitto.:ohwell:

Indeed, some times it seems to me that their only raison d'être is to oppose Swedish in all forms and shapes, and those who speak it. I would understand if it was hostility to the segments of the SFP-controlled Swedish-speaking political establishment that seeks to undermine Finnish nationalism and cultural interests, but their total lack of perspective in the matter is highly depressing.

It is only positive that SS is independent of them.

Eldritch
07-21-2010, 10:11 PM

True enough. I agree with Riipp btw, and in my own personal experience the dislike/hostility hasn't been carried on to younger SS activists. Some maybe, but that's not what sets the tone. I never would have joined SS in the first place, if the only thing they had an interest in was torpedoing the interests of some other group. I have no time for such nonsense -- nor does anyone else in this country, whether they realise it or not.