PDA

View Full Version : Scots Intolerant of Migrants

Loyalist
05-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Scotland needs to stop fooling itself into thinking it is a tolerant and welcoming nation, a specially convened seminar is to be warned.

The event, hosted by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), will hear Scotland is to become increasingly dependent on migrant workers.

But work needs to be done to transform the country's attitudes towards migrants, the EHRC said.

The seminar will be held in Edinburgh on Wednesday.

It is being held in the light of demographic projections that suggest Scotland will face difficulties in the next 15 to 20 years with an ageing population and higher ratio of workers to dependents.

But half of those surveyed for the most recent Social Attitudes Survey believed that Scotland would begin to lose its identity if more Muslims moved to the country, while 30% felt that ethnic minorities and people from Eastern Europe take jobs away from Scots.

Morag Alexander, Scottish commissioner for the EHRC, said the figures betrayed Scotland's perception of itself as a tolerant society.

And she warned the Scotland of 2030 will not be economically or socially fit for purpose unless Scots become more welcoming and tolerant of foreigners. (Continues)

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8046728.stm)

Beorn
05-13-2009, 01:08 PM
The Scottish need to understand that their enemy is not the English and the future does not lie in the abandonment of the Union altogether, as the next pot they jump into (the EU) is at its pinnacle and will burn them more than the English ever did.

England is suffering both cultural decline and native population decline rapidly. All this has taken 50+ years to do.

I wonder how long it will take for Scotland to "assimilate and culturally enlighten"?

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Interesting article. A lot of hogwash to throw in the bin upon receiving- a bit like your advertisement mail... but more disturbing in nature.

The event, hosted by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), will hear Scotland is to become increasingly dependent on migrant workers.Last time I heard and read about Scotland there was still massive unemployment and people had to work in England because there was no work and it will not have changed during this crisis so why the hell would Scotland suddenly be in (future) need of migrant workers ? And if so- why not drag in the Icelanders ?
First Scotland should provide education and jobs for the Scots first. I wonder how reliable this commission is- no wait I know the answer: it's as PC as it gets.

The commission called for better planning for population growth, a stronger policy focus on the issues that deter people from settling in Scotland and a realisation that the country's positive history of welcoming new people means that issues such as racism and inequality are not problems in modern Scotland. I can relate to that: each Scottish family two children (enough to replace the current Scottish population) that are being raised in a loving and caring environment and the reassurance that jobs or university will be available once those kids leave school. The rest is non-sense...

Freomęg
05-13-2009, 01:44 PM
And she warned the Scotland of 2030 will not be economically or socially fit for purpose unless Scots become more welcoming and tolerant of foreigners.
There we go again with this Globalist-Marxist arrogant assumption that both progress and prosperity require multiculturalism. What proof can they provide that multiculturalism = progress? I'm sure I can provide far more proof to the contrary.

"We like to think we are free of racism and other inequalities because we prefer that to the truth."
And again - this automatic linking of nationalism with racism. If Scots are intolerant of some immigrants, it is not necessarily racism.