PDA

View Full Version : Neo-Nazis Attack Holocaust Survivors

Beorn
05-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Neo-Nazis screaming 'Heil Hitler' attack concentration camp survivors during memorial service for 345,000 dead

Survivors of a Nazi death camp were shot at and abused as they gathered to remember their liberation.
Masked neo-Nazi thugs screamed 'Heil Hitler!' and 'This way for the gas!' at ten elderly Italian men and women, who returned to the site of the Mauthausen concentration camp in Austria.
The gang also fired air guns at a group of 15 French survivors, many dressed in the striped pyjama-style uniforms they wore as inmates. One suffered a head wound while another was injured by a shot in the neck. The four thugs managed to escape.
Jewish leaders in Austria were appalled by the weekend scenes that marred events marking the 64th anniversary of the camp’s liberation by American troops.

An estimated 320,000 people were murdered or worked to death at Mauthausen and its outlying slave labour installations.
Jewish leaders condemned Saturday's incidents, which marred events marking the 64th anniversary of the camp's liberation by U.S. troops.
The attacks came near the Ebensee sub-camp of Mauthausen on Saturday in two separate incidents involving Italian and French survivors
The prisoners at Ebensee worked in underground factories which manufactured Messerschmitt airplanes.

'In the first instance a group of French survivors were attacked by four armed men clad in camouflage gear,' said Willy Mernyi, head of the Mauthausen Committee of Austria.'The attackers shot at the group of fifteen survivors with what police assume was plastic air gun pellets. One person was hit in the head while another was injured by a shot in the neck.
'People come to remember the dead and pay their respects and are met with this kind of terror.'
The second incident happened a short time later when 10 Italian survivors who gathered nearby for a similar ceremony were attacked.

While they were not fired on, the neo-Nazis again hurled abuse and shouted Nazi slogans while giving the Hitler salute.
But the same spirit that kept them alive back then was still evident among the survivors who fought with the cowards who desecrated the memory of their dead comrades.

They even succeeded in ripping the mask from one of them and taking his picture with a mobile telephone camera.
Regional police chief Alois Lissl said the survivors and their families showed 'extreme courage' in fighting back.
'Unfortunately, the men managed to escape but we know that they spoke in a local dialect,' he said.
Ebensee mayor Herwat Loidl condemned the modern-day Nazis, declaring: 'They will not be allowed to gain a foothold in our community.'
He called on Austrians with information as to the identities of the thugs to turn them in.
Some 7,000 Mauthausen survivors and their families from 42 countries travelled to the Mauthausen complexes at the weekend for the remembrance services.
“At least we set out to do what we wanted to – to honour the dead and remember the liberation,” added Mernyi.

An estimated 320,000 people were murdered or worked to death at the camp.

Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1180599/Neo-Nazis-attack-concentration-camp-survivors-memorial-service-345-000-dead.html)

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1180599/Neo-Nazis-attack-concentration-camp-survivors-memorial-service-345-000-dead.html)

Beorn
05-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I wonder if 320-thousand people died in that camp? Or was it 345-thousand? :rolleyes:

Either way, pretty poor taste by the four masked men.

British and Proud
05-13-2009, 04:19 PM
They're just moronic, violent Nutzis by the sound of it. Really, what have they done for their 'cause'?

I can't stand the whole 14/88, Nazi-worshipping scene. There's nothing wrong with the objective encapsulated in the Fourteen Words, other than its association with these cretins and the '88'...which I have long suspected is deliberate.

Psychonaut
05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I wonder if these types are smart enough to realize that doing things like this hurts the very cause that they are allegedly working towards. Doing things like this ensures that both them and their message will be disregarded. No one listens to what street thugs have to say.

British and Proud
05-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I wonder if these types are smart enough to realize that doing things like this hurts the very cause that they are allegedly working towards. Doing things like this ensures that both them and their message will be disregarded. No one listens to what street thugs have to say.

Call me a cynic, but I have often wondered whether these events aren't orchestrated by the powers that be and then sensationalised by the media. Hasn't the preservation of Occidental culture been deliberately associated with thuggery and violence?

Romper Stomper (Australian)

http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members3/667/703667/images/09_romper_stomper.jpg

American History X (USA)

http://www.lawrencelab.org/Outreach/2006/TitusPage/images/American%20history%20x.4.jpg

Made in Britain (UK)

http://www.dvdoutsider.co.uk/dvd/pix/m/madeinbritain1.jpg

This is England (UK)

http://electricityandlust.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/this-is-england-combo.jpg

Now, it could be said that the films represented the 'nationalist scene', but I believe they actually perpetuate it. It's a question of whether life imitates art or art imitates life...

Vargtand
05-13-2009, 08:34 PM
What a bunch of fuck heads, how is that beneficial for their cause? might make one suspect that they are trying to slander the NS movement.. but then again we all know that some of them manages to do very well on their own! :P

Vulpix
05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Not really the best PR for them, is it??

Sol Invictus
05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Disgraceful.

Loddfafner
05-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Call me a cynic, but I have often wondered whether these events aren't orchestrated by the powers that be and then sensationalised by the media. Hasn't the preservation of Occidental culture been deliberately associated with thuggery and violence?
Now, it could be said that the films represented the 'nationalist scene', but I believe they actually perpetuate it. It's a question of whether life imitates art or art imitates life...

These films reflect the kinds of dramas that often do come up among skinheads, and they also inspire skins to play out such characters. This is England hit especially close to home. I doubt there is any orchestration but white power skins certainly play into the hands of those who would dismantle our culture.

Spaniard_Truth
05-13-2009, 10:23 PM
The media lies and exaggerates. How much of this articles is true 20% 10%? It doesn't even sound realistic. If you were going to risk your freedom for your beliefs, you might as well do something 'big' rather than try to injure some old person with an air rifle.

Beorn
05-13-2009, 10:33 PM
If you were going to risk your freedom for your beliefs, you might as well do something 'big' rather than try to injure some old person with an air rifle.

Remember Michael Stone? He did the exact same thing in Milltown. Although he was rather more successful in his initial intentions.

Some people are just idiots. Whatever cause they may support.

Perhaps it may have been a conspiracy to besmirch the name of Neo-Nazis (if one can), but I always feel there are too many conspiracy theories.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Disgraceful.
If true. Then it is indeed really disgraceful. Now let's just wait for next weeks newspapers alright ? Then the story usually gets toned down a bit.

Tabiti
05-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Unfortunately, yes, this is the whole nationalist/patriot image in the eyes of the world. We suffer from such "individuals" (or I'll be more correct using the word "flocks" instead).

Rasvalg
05-14-2009, 02:39 PM
We talk of how people are brainwashed by the media, then we talk about how bad these folks are for the cause. Now then if it really went like this then yes they are complete fools. The thing is that they and most of the Skins and Nazis out there are brainwashed into thinking that is the way to represent themselves. The other thing is is that we have just read an article obviously biased to the survivors and believed the majority of it so then we are just as much at fault.
The problem is is that the people on this forum seem to be well educated or at least smarter than most but yet we like to leave the blinders on too. I do it when I don't want to have to roll my eyes and say "here we go again" but rather just let things slide.
Basically what I am saying is that most of the people out there are so brainwashed into stereotypes that that is all that they know and we as folks who have started to take the blinders off even we sometimes forget about media bias and going out to help dumbasses like the four in this article so that they all can see the light.

Manifest Destiny
05-14-2009, 02:55 PM

You're probably on to something there. I've read a decent amount about America's "militia movement". Our government likes to infiltrate "extremist" groups. You know how to spot a government infiltrator? He's the one advocating illegal activities!

Loki
05-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Neo-Nazism disgusts me. It almost always goes hand-in-hand with below average intelligence (although some of them actually think they are clever), hence the prevalence of mindless violence like in this case. Just a bunch of criminals.

Jamt
05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Apart from the bad perception and the stupidity of neo-nazis, I believe they are evil and weak.

British and Proud
05-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Remember Michael Stone? He did the exact same thing in Milltown. Although he was rather more successful in his initial intentions.

Michael Stone is seen by many Unionists to be a hero. He attacked an IRA funeral, attended by those who support and finance it, as well as members of the child-murdering, terrorist organization itself.

Basically what I am saying is that most of the people out there are so brainwashed into stereotypes that that is all that they know and we as folks who have started to take the blinders off even we sometimes forget about media bias and going out to help dumbasses like the four in this article so that they all can see the light.

Yes, it sounds like you might be talking about symbolic interactionism, or a premise that is quite similar:

Herbert Blumer (1969), who coined the term "symbolic interactionism," set out three basic premises of the perspective:

"Human beings act toward things on the basis of the meanings they ascribe to those things."

"The meaning of such things is derived from, or arises out of, the social interaction that one has with others and the society."

"These meanings are handled in, and modified through, an interpretative process used by the person in dealing with the things he/she encounters."

Essentially I believe many people are 'actors' and behave like they believe they ought to given a certain situation/role. Some think it 'cool' to behave like characters from Romper Stomper...and behave and act like them.

You're probably on to something there. I've read a decent amount about America's "militia movement". Our government likes to infiltrate "extremist" groups. You know how to spot a government infiltrator? He's the one advocating illegal activities!

This following is an article originally published in The Mail on Sunday. Unfortunately it no longer appears on their website and so I have reproduced it in full here:

Agent provocateurs on Anti Bush demonstration
Written by Yasmin Whittaker Khan, Mail on Sunday
Monday, 23 June 2008

Last Sunday afternoon in Parliament Square, Central London, and several thousand anti-war protesters were gathered to mark President George W. Bush's last official visit to Britain.

The crowd was, as usual, relaxed, supportive and friendly. So friendly that some people reckon an anti-war demo is a good place to find a partner. It certainly beats internet dating.

The man I was to meet that day, however, left me angry and bemused.

At the start, the demo - organised by Stop The War Coalition, CND and the British Muslim Initiative - was peaceful, if lively.

Many protesters came with hooters, drums, screeching whistles and saucepan lids - every one of them passionately opposed to the invasion of Iraq.

But looming over us ominously was a heavy security presence: riot police, armed officers, even snipers on rooftops.

These days it appears permissible to wave a gun at Britons exercising their democratic rights.

The plan was to walk up Whitehall and deliver a letter to Downing Street, where Bush was meeting Prime Minister Gordon Brown. No chance. We found the road cordoned off with two rows of railings and columns of policemen.

As a throng of protesters built up by the barriers, an extremely animated demonstrator in a white T-shirt caught my eye.

He was near the front screaming abuse at the police and trying to get a friend further back to join him. The second man sheepishly refused his encouragements to edge forward.

The man in the T-shirt was tall, well-built and handsome, smiling but with a hint of menace. He pushed aside children and elderly people.

He continued to shout slogans such as: 'Pigs Out.'

On his back was a black rucksack and he carried a professional-looking camera with a large telephoto lens. Hardly the sort of kit for a few snaps of his day out.

My friends and I, standing a few rows back, asked him a couple of times to calm down, but he ignored us.

I wondered why I was drawn to him. Was it his dark good looks or was I worried for the safety of my 70-year-old friend and children nearby?

Then it dawned on me. I had met this man at a party. I tapped him gently on the shoulder and said: 'Have we met before?'

Instantly he recognised me. 'Hi, how are you? It's really nice to see you here.'

My puzzlement grew. This chap wasn't really the sort you'd expect to see shouting abuse at police officers at an anti-war demo. He was, after all, a policeman himself - and a high-ranking one at that.

I'd met the police inspector at a party around last Christmas. The local mayor was there, along with councillors from other parties and journalists. I'd been asked along by a friend.

Later, we went to a local gay club, where I danced with him and a few others until 3.30am.

He had a bolshie charm, was cocky and a little manipulative. He was also highly entertaining, bragging about his work in the police and how important he was.

I remained bemused about his presence at the demo. I asked if he would send me copies of his demo photos. He replied: 'No, they're to put on my bedroom wall.'

I then casually asked why he was shouting anti-police slogans.

'Funny you chanting that,' I said, 'when you're a policeman.'

They don't have my sort in the police, love,' he said camply, so I would assume he was referring to being gay. A few seconds later, he melted into the crowd.

I wondered whether he was at the demo undercover, deliberately whipping up trouble that he could capture on camera. That would then be used to malign anti-war protesters as dangerous and violent subversives.

Of course, it is possible he was there off-duty to support the anti-war cause, but it is hardly likely he would enjoy chanting slogans against the police.

Equally, he could have been legitimately monitoring the crowds, but again he surely would have been quieter.

I realise there are times when the police need to work undercover if they suspect a crime is being committed. But that is quite different to going into a crowd as an agitator to create disruption.

I went home from the demo feeling furious and did a little research into him. It turns out that he is on more than nodding terms with controversy.

A year ago he advertised himself on the internet looking for sexual contacts with men.

There are plenty of gay policemen - which is to be applauded - but few advertise themselves as such on the internet. It isn't sensible, let alone dignified. Still, I expect the uniform is an extra marketing tool.

I also found out that he is no mere rank-and-file officer.

Last week, it was reported that police at the demonstration had made 25 arrests - including a 60-year-old woman for indecent exposure.

Ten officers suffered minor injuries and two protesters were taken to hospital.

Stop The War has organised about 20 marches in the past, all of which have been peaceful. This is the first where there has been violence.

I cannot say this man was responsible for the trouble, but I saw him try his best to urge the crowd forward.

It is hard not to despair at the remarks of the Metropolitan Police's Deputy Assistant Commissioner Chris Allison, who told reporters: 'We are seriously disappointed by the irresponsible and criminal action of those who have challenged police ... We have done nothing but negotiate to make their demonstration a success.'

But however you look at it, the thuggish behaviour of the man I saw is hardly what you expect of someone employed to protect the public.

Our civil liberties are being eroded daily. The likes of this man are playing a part in destroying the few we have left.

If our security relies on idiots like him creating their own evidence to reinforce fear, who can we trust?

------------END-------------