PDA

View Full Version : Might as well

Barreldriver
03-12-2012, 04:14 AM
I know I may seem like a hypocrite for doing this given my past oppositions to this sort of thing, however what harm can it do? Might as well indulge a bit.

At the moment I am flying solo and it has been over a year since I last dated anybody, back in Tennessee within my hometown and most communities in the county and nearby counties the younger generations are migrating out and there's not many people left outside of the elderly or relatives in my case given that I do not desire to date a grandmother or a cousin I figure I might as well present myself here as opposed to some random site where familiarity is nonexistent.

Had considered finding a Yankee woman where I'm currently displaced at in Ohio, however I am not impressed by what I have seen in my times dating up here and find many of the people that I currently live around and have dated in the past to be very rude and generally mediocre in terms of being able to maintain a decent conversation or demonstrate a relaxed disposition, in a metropolitan area it is a tedious task to find singles period let alone someone that I would envision myself staying with.

A bit of background (for pics those are readily available in the appropriate thread):

6 ft. 1 in. tall
278 lbs
fair complexion with farmer's tan
light-mixed eyes
dark brown hair

Orientation - Straight

Occupation: University Student (history major with intent to switch to philosophy given my aptitudes), when not in session I work as a day laborer with my uncle's construction crew. Duties entail: pouring and raking concrete, general prep for a concrete pour, cleaning and maintaining tools, setting up scaffolding, general prep for a masonry job, mixing mortar, and other introductory masonry labor.

In the past work has not been so steady because of the recession state of affairs however there has been talk of more work to be had in the future and despite poorly funded bank accounts at the moment (two accounts in Ohio, one account in Tennessee) the future looks more promising if things go as planned in terms of there being demand for the crew's labor.

Past mistakes:

I have two misdemeanor offenses to my credit, I was an irresponsible teenager and paid the price, I have learned my lesson and am taking the appropriate measures to make right wrongs and eventually expunge my short record.

Residence:

Ideally I would be living on my family's farm in Tennessee, however a fire before my birth nipped that in the bud and we had to sell our 100 acre farm and all 40 head of cattle. We used to be a part of the upper yeomanry and were a Confederate family having held 2,400 acres at one point but war and depression have a way at widdling away at wealth so holdings had been drastically reduced over the years.

After the fire we lived as tenants in Tennessee being disinherited but in Ohio my grandfather retreated and established a 4 acre residency where I lived during my later teens (early psychological phases of development spent in Tennessee around those of my ethnic group in order to enforce culture&identity, later phases spent in Ohio where access to suitable education was to be had). We plant green beans and used to sell rabbits.

At the moment I reside with my mother (from a divorced home and I know that sounds lame to reside as such as someone from a strictly patrilinear homestead however it has benefits in that I am saving money in transit to the university and rent expenses). If times get rough the pater familias is more than willing to aid me however I refuse to abuse that gratitude and will call upon aid only when in dire circumstances.

Transportation:

Right now I rely on the RTA metro while in city, when in Tennessee or at our retreat residency in Ohio I walk everywhere I go as it is healthy for the bones and generally a conscientious endeavor. I hold a drivers license but find driving to be an unnecessary and cost ineffective transportation method at the moment.

I do not currently hold a passport or know how to negotiate air line travels however that is something that I do not think myself incapable of figuring out.

Future:

Upon completion of my bachelor's degree I aim to return to Tennessee as to repurchase my family's farm and resume where my great grandfather left off. Given the land prices in my home county this is a reasonable aim if I can save up enough money while in college (college debts to be paid by revenue generated from the farm and other labors). If in the event I cannot secure the family farm I have a series of alternative plans. First return to Tennessee, rent in the county seat of Livingston and work a trade and ideally purchase a less expensive tract of land or rent from a decent home (cost of living is very low in my hometown). Second plan is to return to Tennessee but another county where opportunities may be more bountiful, the Nashville area is a hot spot in terms of jobs however it has a much higher cost of living. Third is to consider an out of state locality to be determined relative to circumstances when time comes.

One may question why pursue a degree if the above be the plan? Simple answer, bodies age and bones become brittle it is wise to establish an education so that if in the event hard labor becomes out of the question I can fall back on my degree and find an appropriate career.

The added bonus is that I have completed training as a Graphic Design Artist at a two year Career Center so if all else fails I can find work in an artistic field.

Hobbies:

I play the banjo and practice my skills as an illustrator. I am generally not fond of firearms these days however I can shoot and do not object to hunting or plinking when I can afford to do so. I also engage in archery but an injury to my right hand makes that activity a bit difficult. I also toy around in the field of logic in order to better hone my critical thinking abilities.

Monogamy: 100% monogamous, no ifs ands or buts. Not only because it is tradition but demonstrates loyalty and common decency.

Particulars in females:

I will not lie in that I do appreciate an attractive woman however I am not conceited by any means and will not base my interest in a woman solely on looks, that would be purely idiotic on my behalf. I do appreciate a woman that can have a meaningful conversation that is beyond the scope of trivial pop-culture (nothing grinds my gears more than past dates who talked about nothing but NASCAR or some reality tv spiel, I can understand declaring an interest in certain activities but if that is all one talks about it gets dull very quick), and last a sense of humor. I will admit to being a bit overly facetious to a fault at times however I am working on moderating my wind up merchant character, even still a good laugh goes many miles and it doesn't do nobody any justice to come off as "stiff". Also as a story teller I like to be surrounded by others of similar habit, a good yarn catches my fancy.

Particular ethnicity is not so much an issue for me these days as it was in the past. In the past I was caught up in the failure of my own parents marriage and had fallaciously attributed it to the fact that my father is a Southron while my mother is a Yank. In more recent days I can find merits in cultures beyond that of my own and would be interested in trying out exogamy.

Skoal. :thumb001:

Mortimer
03-12-2012, 05:31 AM
Good luck.

Baron Samedi
03-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Would racemix.

rhiannon
03-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Skoal. :thumb001:

Barreldriver, your honesty is to be commended:)

Barreldriver
03-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Barreldriver, your honesty is to be commended:)

Thanks. Feel a bit awkward doing this in such an impersonal manner so to say, but no harm no foul can result as far as I can predict. Used to figure that even though I ain't wealthy and am in a financial rough spot (not that my family as a whole is poor, I just don't want to abuse my grandfather's generosity) that the fact that I engage in meritorious manual labor and have outlines for future success would be redeemable to some extant, but many of the lassies that have shown interest in me in the past have been interested in more immediate financial benefits as if patience is not a virtue after all and lost interest after more detailed discussion about what it is that I do, I would have thought that my two misdemeanor offenses would have been the negative thing but they seemed to not care about that so much as how much I could spend at the moment. :P