PDA

View Full Version : Prince Charles Bows down to Multicults...

Nastrander
11-22-2008, 11:39 AM
... and plans to destroy another pillar of British tradition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Prince Charles to be known as Defender of Faith

The Prince of Wales, who is 60 today, is planning a symbolic change when he becomes King by taking the title Defender of Faith to reflect Britain's multicultural society.

The move would mean the monarch, as Supreme Governor of the Church of England, would no longer be known as Defender of the Faith for the first time since the reign of Henry VIII.

The Prince caused controversy within the Anglican church when he floated the idea several years ago of becoming Defender of the Faiths in an attempt to embrace the other religions in Britain.

In a compromise he has now opted for Defender of Faith which he hopes will unite the different strands of society, and their beliefs, at his Coronation.

However, there would be huge obstacles to overcome before the Prince can fulfil his wish which he has discussed with some of his closest advisers. It would require Parliament to agree to amend the 1953 Royal Titles Act which came into law after changes were made for the Queen's Coronation in the same year. A senior source told The Daily Telegraph: "There have been lots of discussions. He would like to be known as the Defender of Faith which is a subtle but hugely symbolic shift."

The Monarch has been known by the title Defender of the Faith ever since the title was bestowed on Henry VIII by the Pope in 1521 for his early support for Roman Catholicism

<more>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/3454271/Prince-Charles-to-be-known-as-Defender-of-Faith.html

Loki
11-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Pathetic. If this was a few hundred years ago, his head would be on the block. How can one respect a monarchy like that? Under Elizabeth II, Britain has given away its own culture to the dogs, and they have trampled it. Shame on her, she must be the worst monarch in Britain's glorious history. And her son doesn't seem much better.

Revenant
11-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Prince Charles to be known as Defender of Faith

Defender of faith what the hell is that?. Wont he be the head of the Anglican Church Of England once he's coronated?.

What is the defender of the faith supposed to defend it against, my guess would have been against other faiths/religions. This is a bit like a footy player saying he wants to play for all teams at once.

Æmeric
11-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Maybe Charles simply recognizes the Church of England for the irrelevent joke it has become & wants to distant himself from it. In actually it is the prime minister of the day who is the head of the Church of England, like the cryto-Catholic ( now officially received into the RC Church?) Tony Blair. Defender of the Faith is an empty title, when was the last time a British monarch defended the Church of England against the liberals & multiculturalists who destroyed it from within.

Oisín
11-22-2008, 01:53 PM
like the cryto-Catholic ( now officially received into the RC Church?) Tony Blair.
Must have been one bloody long first confession.

Loki
11-22-2008, 02:12 PM
What does "defending faith" mean anyway? Is he going to launch a crusade against atheists? Most people in Britain are no longer practising any kind of religion, so I guess this would mean he would be against the majority of Britons in some kind of way. Which is what we knew already anyway.

Vulpix
11-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Prince Charles is a poor idiot. He has lived embedded in cotton-wool all his life so it is of little surprise he has no common sense.

I'm actually more surprised when he says something that does make sense :coffee:.

Oresai
11-22-2008, 06:20 PM
The Prince caused controversy within the Anglican church when he floated the idea several years ago of becoming Defender of the Faiths in an attempt to embrace the other religions in Britain.

hey, does that mean he`ll be championing heathenry as well? woohoo....

(yup, that was sarcasm....)

Skandi
11-22-2008, 06:47 PM
^Yes not being a Christian I'm not terribly hurt by this, and although it is no doubt aimed at Islam it should catch everything else also.

Loyalist
11-22-2008, 10:37 PM
I won't go into the standard rant about multicultarism and assaults on tradition, but rather consider the positive side to this. The title was bestowed on Henry VIII by the Pope; it represents an attack on Protestantism, and shouldn't be used to represent those few Anglicans left that truly embrace the principles of the Reformation. Charles himself seems to be moving a bit too far into the Anglo-Catholic realm to champion a Protestant denomination, and hopefully his age will prevent him from ever bringing his pro-Rome, pro-multicultural agenda to the throne.

Arundel
04-11-2009, 04:05 AM
Must have been one bloody long first confession.

If Charles is so dedicated to 'the faith', how did he get away with adultery.
When a husband carries on, even flaunts another woman while he is married, that is about as bad as you can get. I believe in many christian faiths, adultery is a serious thing. His was especially cruel, because it was right in front of the whole country.

Rember when his phone conversation with Camilla was monitored, and he told her he had to fill up his tank every week with her. Now what kind of religion condones that?

Fortis in Arduis
04-11-2009, 01:43 PM
I won't go into the standard rant about multicultarism and assaults on tradition, but rather consider the positive side to this. The title was bestowed on Henry VIII by the Pope; it represents an attack on Protestantism, and shouldn't be used to represent those few Anglicans left that truly embrace the principles of the Reformation. Charles himself seems to be moving a bit too far into the Anglo-Catholic realm to champion a Protestant denomination, and hopefully his age will prevent him from ever bringing his pro-Rome, pro-multicultural agenda to the throne.

Indeedy. Could you be a lamb and explain to this ex-Anglican ignoramus what the story is with the Reformation and the covernanters, and how this relates to our situation today?

I think that the monarchy are a serious problem now.

Beorn
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM
If Charles is so dedicated to 'the faith', how did he get away with adultery.

Perhaps because his marriage to that schizo was what would be called an arranged marriage.

I'm glad that Prince Charles has finally found the peace and love that Camilla gives him.

They look happy together.

Freomæg
04-11-2009, 02:20 PM
He might aswell go ahead and amend official documentation to reflect the practical application of multiculturalism to Britain. I mean, it's a significant step for those of us with an eye on tradition, but to the masses, Britain is already wholly multicultural and multifaith anyway. Reversing this proposed change by Prince Charles will be no more difficult than reversing multiculturalism on the ground level, so it's really not that big a deal to me.

Rather, I see it as proof that the Monarchy are well-and-truly invested in the Globalist swindle - seeking to undermine cultural unity/stability in the name of Cultural Marxism (ironically enough), for their own power gains.

Fortis in Arduis
04-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Rather, I see it as proof that the Monarchy are well-and-truly invested in the Globalist swindle - seeking to undermine cultural unity/stability in the name of Cultural Marxism (ironically enough), for their own power gains.

Cythraul, this is why I have sympathy with the Protestant cause - I mean the REAL one, not the Church of England or the institution of the British monarchy.

It took men to establish Britain as we know it, not institutional clergy, not elected or hereditary monarchs, these principles need to be extended into our democratic structures.

They principles are not exclusive to Christian thought either, they are entirely universal, and if we succeed we will create serious ripples... :)

Yes, the marriage to crypto-Stuart Diana was probably in the pipeline for generations...

Talk about mixing business with pleasure: Diana f***ed just about everything in uniform.

Treffie
04-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Let's not forget that good Ole Charlie Boy is a fan of all things Islamic, so no surprise here.