PDA

View Full Version : Serbian eye colour

hajduk
03-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Journeyman i wrote that average Serb from Serbia from what ive seen has
medium brown hair and light (or light mixed) eyes .
Just out of curiosity I wonder are brown eyes perceived as exotic in Serbia?

MandM
03-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Just out of curiosity I wonder are brown eyes perceived as exotic in Serbia?

well it looks that it depends on who u ask, but in reallity no

hajduk
03-15-2012, 01:53 PM
well it looks that it depends on who u ask, but in reallity no

Most Serbs I met had either blue or green hazelish eyes, so I agree with Sorab that light eyes are most common among Serbians

Heretik
03-15-2012, 01:59 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/Westernparadigm_blue_eye_color_map.jpg

Though, I would say Serbs are most definitely closer to 49% than 20%. When it comes to this map, I am not certain about Croatia but OK.

Mordid
03-15-2012, 02:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/Westernparadigm_blue_eye_color_map.jpg

Though, I would say Serbs are most definitely closer to 49% than 20%. When it comes to this map, I am not certain about Croatia but OK.
That pigmentation map is not accurate. I've been to some part of Northern Poland and they have the same amount of light eyes as their Southern counterparts.

Heretik
03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
I'd say it's close to accurate but not completely accurate. If anything, northern Serbs should have the same percentage of light eyes as Croats.

Sorab
03-15-2012, 02:40 PM
I'd say it's close to accurate but not completely accurate. If anything, northern Serbs should have the same percentage of light eyes as Croats.
Map is inaccurate like most of such maps...
In reality highest concentration of light eyes among Serbs are in central Serbia
(Šumadija,Pomoravlje ) then western (Užice ,Valjevo ,Požega ) also parts of southeastern
Leskovac,Vranje etc)and southwestern (Raška oblast).In the north this varies more with less consistency.In towns generally it ranges from 40-60 % (blue ,green ,gray ,light mixed ) and up to 90 % in some rural areas.

Heretik
03-15-2012, 02:53 PM
And you base this on which research? Sorab population research 2012 based on 100 people you have seen?

MandM
03-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Most Serbs I met had either blue or green hazelish eyes, so I agree with Sorab that light eyes are most common among Serbians

well everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but if u and sorab say its light eyes then then who am i to argue :thumb001:

Sorab
03-15-2012, 03:24 PM
And you base this on which research? Sorab population research 2012 based on 100 people you have seen?

Very funny ...I ve been to almost every part of Serbia in past 3-4 years and its
no mystery that map is inaccurate.Everyone who visited the above mentioned parts can aknowledge what i wrote from a very superficial observation .

Heretik
03-15-2012, 03:27 PM
So, you spend your free time observing population's eye colour, carefully writing it down and making statistics? OK, if that is the case, tell us, what's your input number of subjects observed, broken down to exact percentage of dark and light eyes, when you are able to give us percentages... You are one funny guy Sorab, I really cannot see why you get so aggravated if Serbs have dark or light hair/eyes.

Sorab
03-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Tens of thousands to say at least .Its easy to draw such conclusions as i did without calculator :) In photos and videos i posted u can reach also very high number of observed individuals combined for yourself if you want to .Only thing funny is your interest in this topic .Im only generous and willing to share the truth .

Radojica
03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Map is inaccurate like most of such maps...
In reality highest concentration of light eyes among Serbs are in central Serbia
(Šumadija,Pomoravlje ) then western (Užice ,Valjevo ,Požega ) also parts of southeastern
Leskovac,Vranje etc)and southwestern (Raška oblast).In the north this varies more with less consistency.In towns generally it ranges from 40-60 % (blue ,green ,gray ,light mixed ) and up to 90 % in rural some rural areas.

Up to 90% :suspicious:? Where? You see, from my observations, farther you go to the South, percentage of light eyes drop. And I came to this conclusion after my army time (where in my unit of 45 soldiers 30 were from Kragujevac to Vranje and Leskovac), excursions, time I spent in Russia (where majority of people were from Kragujevac, Kursumlija, Novi Pazar and Priboj). Population in Vojvodina have the biggest light eye percentage in Serbia from what I have seen. Now, people usually see what they want to see so I am not saying it's not true what you are saying, but you cannot say something like that as you did not make any official research by usage of proven methods.

All those "researches" are very easily to be misused for personal point of views. I am not saying you have the one, but, smanji malo, cigo :D

Heretik
03-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Tens of thousands to say at least .Its easy to draw such conclusions as i did without calculator :) In photos and videos i posted u can reach also very high number of observed individuals combined for yourself if you want to .

Highly empirical method. Well done! :lol:

Typical southern Serb:

http://www.topnews.in/files/images/AlexanderSkarsgard3.jpg

Sorab
03-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Heretic i did measure some percentages from group photos ive seen but its visible in reality without calculations .
Radojica smanji ti malo sa glupim štosovima ...
Army time is credible? Im talking about many towns , villages population ive seen and observed .In western Serbia and around Užice (old statistic says around 30 % pure blue eyes there),Valjevo ,Podrinje from Šabac to Zvornik where
in some villages i rarely saw a person who isnt light eyed .In Šumadija Mladenovac, Lapovo , Gornji Milanovac-Rudnik regions is where the highest concentration of light eyes for Šumadija and generally whole of Serbia. Then in Kraljevo-Ibar valley ,Kopaonik Raška region (Brus, Aleksandrovac ,Raška ).Also in villages around Suva Planina and along Morava valley (Kruševac ,Jagodina) .Parts of SE Serbia around Prokuplje ,Leskovac (Serbian villagers ) etc .Southwestern Serbia (Nova Varoš ,Ivanjica ,Čajetina ,Prijepolje etc).My mother is from far north (where ive been many times and seen people from many places of Banat ,Bačka)and i dont want to depreciate someone with my statements .The divide in Serbia is not north-south but more of east-west .This "north is lighter" doesnt apply for Serbia if you count ethnic Serbs .North probably has lower percentage of Romani ,Karavlach ,Albanian and others in comparison ...only .
Heretik these are Serbs from Vranje region in SE Serbia
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5402/435l.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/435l.jpg/)
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5217/vranje71024x683.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/vranje71024x683.jpg/)
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4400/hrolekari.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/hrolekari.jpg/)

hajduk
03-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Dude why did you split the thread? No it is me to blame for the shitstorm

Heretik
03-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Your obsession with nordicism,blondism and blue eyes is a bit disturbing. But go on... If it rocks your boat...

Heretik
03-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Dude why did you split the thread? No it is me to blame for the shitstorm

So that when supermods have to ban someone they know exactly who! :D :D ;)

rashka
03-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Your obsession with nordicism,blondism and blue eyes is a bit disturbing. But go on... If it rocks your boat...

Well yours is even more. That map does look very deceiving and looks like creator was having a hard time with it and really screwed up with Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia who have the same level of each eye color. According to the mape Serbia is same as Portugal, 3/4 Spain, Southern France and half of UK and almost all of Ukraine and half of Switzerland....and Turkey :confused: ! What is strange is that Southern Montenegro shows even lighter eye percentages than Serbia. Dalmatia is lighter than Ukraine? Very funny indeed.

There is a wide gap between 20% and 49%. Serbia has brown, blue, green and gray eyed people. It is not a rarity for any of these colors. The area with the most light eyes is the sumadija region.. And you will almost always see some blue eyed Serbs within a group.

Heretik
03-16-2012, 02:54 AM
Well yours is even more.

Lol, this is probably the first time I even decided to join a discussion like this. I haven't done this before for reason now very obvious. Go away rashka.

Insuperable
03-16-2012, 03:21 AM
Well yours is even more. That map does look very deceiving and looks like creator was having a hard time with it and really screwed up with Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia who have the same level of each eye color. According to the mape Serbia is same as Portugal, 3/4 Spain, Southern France and half of UK and almost all of Ukraine and half of Switzerland....and Turkey :confused: ! What is strange is that Southern Montenegro shows even lighter eye percentages than Serbia. Dalmatia is lighter than Ukraine? Very funny indeed.

There is a wide gap between 20% and 49%. Serbia has brown, blue, green and gray eyed people. It is not a rarity for any of these colors. The area with the most light eyes is the sumadija region.. And you will almost always see some blue eyed Serbs within a group.

I see you have never been to Dalmatia but ofcourse you will say that you have been

Heretik
03-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Rashka and Sorab on one of their research trips:
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/479563/479563,1314091982,6/stock-photo-portrait-of-boy-with-girl-walking-to-school-83285464.jpg

Drawing-slim
03-16-2012, 06:50 AM
:D:D

Sorab
03-17-2012, 01:13 AM
:D:D:D:D

safinator
03-17-2012, 01:16 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorab
03-17-2012, 03:01 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I base it on reality, like it or not .Rashka did pointed out the major flaws of the map so i have nothing to ad .If i wrote Serbs look like apes and walk on four legs my comment would be much appreciated by many here.But when the truth is unveiled im labeled as a nordicist as an counter argument .Very funny indeed...

Hess
03-17-2012, 03:08 AM
The most common eye colors among Serbs are Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, and Steel Grey.

Example-
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1323/1394234396_5b5e137a23.jpg

Anyone with eyes darker eyes than these is a Gypsy, and anyone who disagrees with that is an Anti-Serbian Troll (and probably a Gypsy)

rashka
03-17-2012, 03:11 AM
The most common eye colors among Serbs are Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, and Steel Grey.

Anyone with eyes darker eyes than these is a Gypsy, and anyone who disagrees with that is an Anti-Serbian Troll (and probably a Gypsy)

and all Croatians are scando-nordids :laugh2::laugh2:

Heretik
03-17-2012, 04:25 AM
and all Croatians are scando-nordids :laugh2::laugh2:

Oh you have researched Croats too? :D :D :D

Drawing-slim
03-17-2012, 11:18 AM
The legend has it: that if you were to stare at serbian eyes, you have a much better channce at surviving if you you were droped in the middle of pacific ocean from a helicopter deep 2000 feet and make it out alive.

Serbian eyes are so blue and hypnotizing in fact, that one cant help oneself but be frozen in an ocean of helpnesness and immdiatly drown if happen to stare.
I say legend because there's noo recorded survivers after staring at serbian eyes to live and tell tell the tail.
Eccording to rashka:d

Flintlocke
03-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Eyes are such an outside superficial thing. Can we have more useful conversations like Serbian vaginer tightness? :D

hajduk
03-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Control your med behavior.

Trun
03-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Yet another topic about Scandiserbians :rolleyes:

Why don't we make a topic which is more prestigious, having light eyes, or having a mansion in Beverly Hills?