PDA

View Full Version : Cocaine Found Floating in Air of Spanish Cities

Tabiti
05-15-2009, 06:14 PM
MADRID — Agence France-Presse reports that Spanish scientists have detected the presence of cocaine in the air of Madrid and Barcelona by using a new technique for the first time.

The scientists looked for 17 components in five different types of illegal drugs — cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, cannabinoids (marijuana byproducts) and lysergic acid (LSD).

The results revealed cocaine is the predominant drug in the air of the two cities, the CSIC research institute said Wednesday.

It was found in concentrations of 29 to 850 picograms per cubic meter of air. A picogram is one trillionth of a gram.

The study is the result of the first use of a new method for the detection of drugs in the air, adapted specifically for the researchers, who are to publish their results in the review Analytical Chemistry.

"Heroin was also found in detectable levels in the samples taken in Madrid, but not in those from Barcelona," the CSIC said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520172,00.html

Birka
05-15-2009, 07:40 PM
WTF?

The Rain in Spain is mainly full of Cocaine.

Äike
05-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Cocaine floating in the air... This world is turning worse with every passing day:eek:

The Lawspeaker
05-15-2009, 07:58 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Cannabis_flowering.jpg

After reading this I wouldn't be too surprised if the air above the Netherlands was also filled with a particular drug.....

Electronic God-Man
05-15-2009, 07:59 PM
There was also a study done recently that said that cocaine (among many other drugs) was present in the water supplies of most large US cities, like Philly, New York, LA, etc.

The Lawspeaker
05-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I begin to wonder: how many traces are being found in the water supplies and in the air ?

Tabiti
05-15-2009, 08:03 PM
There was also a study done recently that said that cocaine (among many other drugs) was present in the water supplies of most large US cities, like Philly, New York, LA, etc.
Drink water! Breath the air! It makes you happy :D

The Lawspeaker
05-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Also leaves me to wonder: how many drugs is being actually used and produced. Sure there must be some police records.
;) Also interesting to know would be to find out where the largest concentrations are and since cocaine used to be a rich men's drug it will not be found in the Bronx I guess.

But now I know why a walk through the city and drinking a glass of water always makes me so hyper ^^

Electronic God-Man
05-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Cocaine floating in the air... This world is turning worse with every passing day:eek:

Do what I do. Just take a deep breath and try to calm down...hmm, that doesn't seem to be working anymore. :D

Tabiti
05-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Who said you shouldn't drink water from the pipes :D