PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if a woman is interested in you.

Scrapple
03-16-2012, 05:56 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2115808/The-look-love-How-womans-glance-tell-man-shes-interested-walk-away-now.html

SaxonCeorl
03-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Wow, that's complicated! So, we have to remember all sorts of eye movements and glances?

I find that when a girl says "I like you," or "do you wanna go out?" it's generally an indication that she's interested.

Also, I've heard that if a women is sitting next to you and she crosses her legs so that her knees are toward you, that means she likes you. I'm not so sure about this, though, because I've had women sitting next to me who keep crossing their legs back and forth. So, maybe it just means she had to pee?

la bombe
03-18-2012, 02:17 AM
The looking down thing is definitely accurate, it's hard to meet someone's glance when you find them really attractive so the natural instinct is to look down or to the side.

Supreme American
03-18-2012, 02:20 AM
The looking down thing is definitely accurate, it's hard to meet someone's glance when you find them really attractive so the natural instinct is to look down or to the side.

I have that problem. I think it comes from shyness, though.

Supreme American
03-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Wow, that's complicated! So, we have to remember all sorts of eye movements and glances?

I find that when a girl says "I like you," or "do you wanna go out?" it's generally an indication that she's interested.

Also, I've heard that if a women is sitting next to you and she crosses her legs so that her knees are toward you, that means she likes you. I'm not so sure about this, though, because I've had women sitting next to me who keep crossing their legs back and forth. So, maybe it just means she had to pee?

In my experience, people can misinterpret friendliness and politeness for sexual interest and things can get hairy. Due to some unfortunate occurrences in that arena, I tend to prefer more direct communication.

Comte Arnau
03-18-2012, 02:27 AM

Frankly, I find that a bit obvious. As if a man who is in love did otherwise... People who feel in love -I'm not talking about just being sexually interested- tend not to look directly or aggressively, glancing rather than staring, whether it's a woman or a man...

As for the leg and knee thing, I'd say it refers to when a woman is sitting by your side, not in front. If she crosses the leg closer to you upon the farther one, even if she's kind of facing you, she's adopting a typical defensive position. If she crosses her farther leg upon the closer one, she's revealing her inner thigh to you, which is more typical in case a sensual approach is wanted.

la bombe
03-18-2012, 02:32 AM
I have that problem. I think it comes from shyness, though.

I'm not shy at all. I'm actually pretty sociable and I normally have no problem making eye contact but I still find it hard to look people I find attractive directly in the eye.

Supreme American
03-18-2012, 03:23 AM
I'm not shy at all. I'm actually pretty sociable and I normally have no problem making eye contact but I still find it hard to look people I find attractive directly in the eye.

With me, it depends on situation, such as with an attractive man. I tend to look away and get struck silent, or at least near-silent. Shyness is something inherited, and I have it, and it doesn't help me in those situations.

Damiăo de Góis
03-18-2012, 04:54 AM
If they like they will let you know, sometimes in a very obvious way.

Sikeliot
03-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Here's how a guy knows I am interested.

Me: "I'm interested in you. I'll understand if you don't feel the same way, but you deserve to know and it's always worth taking chances!"

Hess
03-18-2012, 05:25 AM

Me: "I'm interested in you. I'll understand if you don't feel the same way, but you deserve to know and it's always worth taking chances!"

you're that straightforward? I think it's cute when girls beat around the bush and play hard to get :cool:

Sikeliot
03-18-2012, 05:27 AM
you're that straightforward? I personally think it's cute when girls beat around the bush and play hard to get. makes things more interesting :cool:

Yes. Why leave a guy wondering? I've missed out on what may have been great relationships in the past because I waited too long to tell the guy I liked him. I no longer make that mistake.

derLowe
03-18-2012, 06:19 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2115808/The-look-love-How-womans-glance-tell-man-shes-interested-walk-away-now.html

A vast over simplification of the matter but to be fair I was not expecting a doctoral thesis in a news paper article.

derLowe
03-18-2012, 06:22 AM

My girlfriend is like that, very straight forward.

Flintlocke
03-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Guys can tell if girls are interested in them and girls can tell too but they're better at it. Don't need to be so scientific or detailed. If you got any doubts grab her boobs. :cool:

Supreme American
03-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes. Why leave a guy wondering? I've missed out on what may have been great relationships in the past because I waited too long to tell the guy I liked him. I no longer make that mistake.

You find this effective for you?

Comte Arnau
03-18-2012, 05:24 PM

That could be good after a short time, but not right in the beginning -unless both are just wanting a one-night stand or something of the like. Usually it's nice to have some little playing before, behaving like a shy teen again for a short time, advancing gradually, is always cool, as long as it doesn't get neverending.

Mordid
03-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Experts on human mating state that women may display the following signals when they are interested in you:

1. She blushes in your presence.

2. She plays with her hair in your presence.

3. She walks past you more than once. She is trying to get your attention.

4. She keeps looking at you. She can not take her eyes of you.

5. She shows some flesh in your presence, like pulling on her collar or lifting up her dress.

6. She moves closer to you.

7. Her chest is facing you.

8. She smiles at you with a full set of teeth; not just the upper row.

9. She stays near you for most of the night.

10. Her head tilts slightly down when you look at her; especially if she is blushing at the same time.

11. Her shoulders are slightly raised when she is talking with you.

12. Her arms are open and to the side when you talk to her.

13. Her pupils are enlarged when you make eye contact with her.

14. She licks her lips in your presence.

15. Her head is tilted slightly to the side when you talk to her.

16. She breaks apart from her group of friends to talk to you.

17. You are with a group of people and she talks to you more often than anyone in the group.

18. She asks you questions about yourself.

19. She laughs at all of your jokes.

20. She says that you are cute. (Obvious)

21. She tells you something personal about herself.

22. She compliments one of your clothing items.

23. She asks for a cigarette or for a light.

24. She asks for the time.

25. She makes verbal contact with you before you make verbal contact with her.

26. She mentions that she is recently out of a relationship.

27. She says something overtly sexual to you; even if it is in a joking manner.

28. Her attitude is more playful with you than with other members of the group.

29. She touches you in any way.

30. She gives you any kind of compliment.

Experts on human mating state that women may display the following signals when they are not interested in you:

1. She has her arms crossed in your presence.

2. She turns her back to you.

3. She turns her shoulder to you; i.e. giving you the cold shoulder.

4. She appears stiff in your presence.

5. Her legs are tightly crossed in your presence.

6. She does not make eye contact with you.

7. She pretends that she does not notice you.

8. She talks to friends instead of you.

9. She does not display any emotion when you make your approach.

10. She clings to her friend when you approach her.

11. She pretends she is lost in the music when you make your approach.

12. She does not smile back at you.

13. Her head tilt is perfectly strait.

14. She does not raise her shoulders at all when you make your approach.

15. Her lips are pursed in your presence.

derLowe
03-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Experts on human mating state that women may display the following signals when they are interested in you:

5. She shows some flesh in your presence, like pulling on her collar or lifting up her dress.

10. Her head tilts slightly down when you look at her; especially if she is blushing at the same time.

17. You are with a group of people and she talks to you more often than anyone in the group.

Experts on human mating state that women may display the following signals when they are not interested in you:

This sounds more like infatuation than interest.

la bombe
03-18-2012, 05:41 PM

You find this effective for you?

I've found that boldness works when it comes to sex, but when it comes to romantic relationships, people usually want what they can't have.

Duke
03-18-2012, 05:43 PM
this articles are a trap, man should not know or care about this, because if you do, you'll probably blew it.

Bardamu
03-18-2012, 05:47 PM
For young guys in the dating game this site is invaluable for general psychology of women in the mode of dating: http://heartiste.wordpress.com/
It doesn't touch much on what women are great at, which is motherhood, but it does minutely dissect the dating game in all its gory details from a male perspective.

hajduk
03-18-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't know, perhaps Bakura will give us some advices :laugh:

la bombe
03-18-2012, 06:10 PM
For young guys in the dating game this site is invaluable for general psychology of women in the mode of dating: http://heartiste.wordpress.com/
It doesn't touch much on what women are great at, which is motherhood, but it does minutely dissect the dating game in all its gory details from a male perspective.

From what I've just read of this blog, it's disgusting :rolleyes:

Supreme American
03-18-2012, 06:15 PM

I scanned it and saw something about women enjoying color coordinating together. I laughed and closed the page.

Supreme American
03-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I've found that boldness works when it comes to sex, but when it comes to romantic relationships, people usually want what they can't have.

That's been the case for me a number of times.

la bombe
03-18-2012, 06:17 PM
I scanned it and saw something about women enjoying color coordinating together. I laughed and closed the page.

I just read this gem about a high school teacher who left his wife and kids for a student

It doesn’t get much more ALPHA than winning the utter devotion of a hot babe half your age. For those wondering, I consider leaving your loyal wife and kids to live with a younger, hotter woman to be legitimate grounds for the wife to initiate divorce proceedings and extract some type of payment for damage inflicted. Shocking that you hear a man like me say this? Well, what this guy did was break a deal. Broken deals usually come with consequences. This is why I counsel men to avoid modern marriage altogether: it’s a RAW FUCKING DEAL for men because it requires most of the sacrifice to come from the man’s end of the bargain. A man has to turn his back on much more of his natural sexual predilection in the decision to commit to marriage than does a woman. Why do you think women are so eager to rush into the nuptial shackles bond?

:rolleyes:

Supreme American
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
@La Bombe, that's a loser.

Corvus
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Honestly, I didn`t figure it out until now.

Bardamu
03-18-2012, 06:55 PM

Yes, he can be disgusting, but there are accurate understandings of how modern men screw up when approaching strange women. The whole Alpha Omega thing is on some levels accurate in understanding the dynamic in dating, and attracting a women's interest.

Supreme American
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes, he can be disgusting, but there are accurate understandings of how modern men screw up when approaching strange women. The whole Alpha Omega thing is on some levels accurate in understanding the dynamic in dating, and attracting a women's interest.

This is 100% stupidity. http://heartiste.wordpress.com/the-sixteen-commandments-of-poon/

That isn't dating, it's game-playing. I wouldn't date someone that acts like that.

XIV isn't bad, but besides that...

Richard
03-18-2012, 08:31 PM

Grab her ass or GTFO

Mordid
03-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Grab her ass or GTFO
Me back in the day:
http://iamhilarious.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/grabass.jpg

Bardamu
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
This is 100% stupidity. http://heartiste.wordpress.com/the-sixteen-commandments-of-poon/

That isn't dating, it's game-playing. I wouldn't date someone that acts like that.

XIV isn't bad, but besides that...

Roissy's site isn't for females actually. :D

Black Sun Dimension
03-18-2012, 11:58 PM
I was at this conference not too long ago and there was this chick that keep wanting to engage in conversation with me in the middle of the event. I was very concentrated on the event so I hardly payed any attention to her. She was a friend of my brother's girlfriend. Then the lunch break came and we went out to get some food. At first I thought she was was interested in me, but then her boyfriend, who wasnt at the conference, joined us at the table. I was puzzled by her behavior. I shrugged, laughed to myself and went back to eating my french fries.

Supreme American
03-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Roissy's site isn't for females actually. :D

I see that, but the suggestions he has are dumb. I prefer honesty. I don't like being toyed with.

Bardamu
03-19-2012, 12:44 AM
I see that, but the suggestions he has are dumb. I prefer honesty. I don't like being toyed with.

No, but chances are like most women you probably adore a guy who can properly dominate you.

Feral
03-19-2012, 12:45 AM

A man who loves you will feel the need to deserve you, and not only will wait for you but will do everything he must for it. :thumbs up

Supreme American
03-19-2012, 12:50 AM
No, but chances are like most women you probably adore a guy who can properly dominate you.

I don't know what you mean by properly dominate me.

Bardamu
03-19-2012, 01:11 AM
I don't know what you mean by properly dominate me.

I don't either. All that is personal as can be. It is generally safe to say women aren't turned on to men who are submissive to them. For marriage it is often a different story.

la bombe
03-19-2012, 01:21 AM

Pick up artists are usually successful because they prey on a woman's emotional weaknesses and need for validation. "The game" is just that, a stupid game for immature (and usually misogynistic men) who aren't appealing enough to attract women without resorting to such stupid tactics. I know guys who are into that alpha/beta/PUA/game/swag BS and pretty much of all of them are awful human beings.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of them tend to go after foreign women and enjoy projecting their hatred onto women of their own ethnic group/nationality. Like this guy, who wrote such masterpieces as "Bang Colombia" and "Don't Bang Denmark"

Roosh Vörek is a Maryland-raised PUA ("pick up artist") whose specialty is sex with foreign women; his blog is a sales vehicle for his books like Bang: The Pick Up Bible and Bang Iceland: How to Sleep With Icelandic Women in Iceland, which one Icelandic feminist group described as a "rape guide."

Vörek likes to talk about his many "notches" (seductions) and such things as "American cunts who I want to hate fuck." He adds: "I'll be the first to admit that many of my bangs in the United States were hate fucks. The masculine attitude and lack of care these women put into their style or hair irritated me, so I made it a point to fuck them and never call again."

Bardamu
03-19-2012, 01:32 AM
la bomb,

There are many pissed off men out there -- many for good reason, some are just cads. The dynamic between males and females in the erotic market, i.e. when they are picking each other up, is not often discussed. Roissy's website makes a point of discussing it in detail. There is a lot to be found there that is insightful and that decent men can learn from. For one thing, don't be an easy conquer for the women if you really want to get them into your bed. Women are not generally interested in men like that, yet so many white men run around in this pathetic beta male state, and it doesn't do them a bit of good. The cure for beta submissiveness is not assholism, although sometimes no doubt it spins off that way.

Feral
03-19-2012, 01:40 AM
la bomb,

There are many pissed off men out there -- many for good reason, some are just cads. The dynamic between males and females in the erotic market, i.e. when they are picking each other up, is not often discussed. Roissy's website makes a point of discussing it in detail. There is a lot to be found there that is insightful and that decent men can learn from. For one thing, don't be an easy conquer for the women if you really want to get them into your bed. Women are not generally interested in men like that, yet so many white men run around in this pathetic beta male state, and it doesn't do them a bit of good. The cure for beta submissiveness is not assholism, although sometimes no doubt it spins off that way.

Definitely the worst thing that could happened to love, in general terms, is to have been absorbed by this capitalistic world. I prefer not to say anything else because I don't want to enter into a discussion. But for the ones who are really interested in love, I would recommend them to read "The Art Of Loving" by Erich Fromm, it worths to be read. :coffee:

Bardamu
03-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Definitely the worst thing that could happened to love, in general terms, is to have been absorbed by this capitalistic world. I prefer not to say anything else because I don't want to enter into a discussion. But for the ones who are really interested in love, I would recommend them to read "The Art Of Loving" by Erich Fromm, it worths to be read. :coffee:

Talking about what turns women on is a matter of genetics more than economics, whereas women being free agents in the market place has everything to do with economics and politics. The causality is of course the family, and the breakdown of the family will indeed eventually lead straight to the destruction of Western civilization.

Susi
03-19-2012, 01:59 AM
"Hey, I like you"
"Want to go out and do something?"
etc etc

Racial Observer 1814
03-19-2012, 02:04 AM
You will know, it's one of the most natural things on Earth! :thumb001::thumb001:

Phil75231
03-19-2012, 02:24 AM

you're that straightforward? I think it's cute when girls beat around the bush and play hard to get :cool:

In the end, it depends on the personality of the guy, his communication style - and not the least of all the particular setting and the nature thereof. For example, it's unwise to use the same approach techniques at a pub/club/bar than at an astronomy or birdwatching club meeting. You have to tailor your approach for the situation or - better yet (for the sake of true-to-you) don't meet others in settings that don't mesh well with your personality. Ultimately YOU have to know where YOU feel most comfortable, not merely take the approach "go to where the most people are". The latter approach is, at best, good for hookups and nothing more.

Feral
03-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Talking about what turns women on is a matter of genetics more than economics, whereas women being free agents in the market place has everything to do with economics and politics. The causality is of course the family, and the breakdown of the family will indeed eventually lead straight to the destruction of Western civilization.

In regard to genetics, I'll not disagree --at the moment.
About the economic part, I believe it's too complex to talk about it (at least in this topic).

Maybe some day I'll open another topic to talk about it and explain my beliefs and points of view, and I'll glady read your own toughts about it. At the moment, I think the best to do is to leave this topic alone. :P

Phil75231
03-19-2012, 02:41 AM
la bomb,

I'm a little familiar with Roissy, and can't say I'm a big fan. Admittedly, he's probably good if you're just looking for a booty call and nothing more - but that's as far as it goes. One thing that worries me about these "Game" sites/ blogs is that they all start from the same fundamental assumption, which in turn suggests a false corollary assumption:

*Getting laid is/ought to be the "end all, be all" of a man's existence.
*(The corollary) If a heterosexual man isn't scoring, then he's a chump - end of story.

Now I will be the first to admit that strong sex drives are natural for young males. Even so, it does not follow that the above two assumptions are true, pop media propaganda notwithstanding. In fact, I think the media artificially inflates the above attitudes to an unnatural degree, thereby leading to so much stress and strife among men in general (at least in the sexual department). Clearly, this is not a healthy mentality for a man to be in. In fact, I'll say the media environment puts so much pressure for a man to "be a man" with regard to scoring with women that it actually contributes to more beta-ness. After all, if you're exposed to thousands of hours of such messages over the past 10 or so years, that's got to affect your thought process somehow - including matters about this issue.

Still, Roissy is right about one thing - do not approach a woman when in a half-timid state. If you find you're in such states within a particular venue (bars, etc), then that scene probably is NOT for you in the first place. You're better off figuring out which "scene" you are best with. Even to do this, you have to figure out what your authentic interests are (hint: if an activity allows you to forget about sex for literally hours at a time, chances are that's the scene/activity you should concentrate on AND become competent and knowledgable as you can at it!). Then, find venues highly likely to be filled with people who would appreciate or be interested in your chosen activity. This will open doors for conversations dealing with topics you are comfortable with. THAT will send your self-confidence skyrocketing - and we all know that confidence is a huge aphrodisiac for women.

However, confidence - true self-confidence - does not pop up in a vacuum. You can't will it into existence. It has to be based on something you are good at (this is where the activities and interests comes into play).

MOST important, though is this: do NOT worry too much about getting a girl, otherwise you'll just give yourself anxiety. Learn how to unchain your self-esteem from how women react to you. That will help your confidence AND devote your mind and energies to more productive activities. Even if you don't get a girl, at least you can salvage SOME good memories from those years. In the end, it's more important to be happy than it is to get steady sex anyway.

Chronos
03-19-2012, 03:01 AM
One could always resort to guessing...

Comedy aside, empirically speaking i've found that prolonged conversations about everything and anything seem like a good sign; women (real women, that is) tend to first fall in "love" with the mind of a man, then to him as a whole. Take note of this.

derLowe
03-19-2012, 04:46 AM

*Getting laid is/ought to be the "end all, be all" of a man's existence.
*(The corollary) If a heterosexual man isn't scoring, then he's a chump - end of story.

Perhaps that should read:

*Raising a family is/ought to be the "end all, be all" of a man's existence.
*(The corollary) If a heterosexual man isn't fathering kids , then he's a chump - end of story.

Sex is just one step in a process, it cant be the final step if it is, something is broken.

The Lawspeaker
03-19-2012, 04:53 AM
The dating world = a seriously fucked up place.

Phil75231
03-19-2012, 05:00 AM
Perhaps that should read:

*Raising a family is/ought to be the "end all, be all" of a man's existence.
*(The corollary) If a heterosexual man isn't fathering kids , then he's a chump - end of story.

Sex is just one step in a process, it cant be the final step if it is, something is broken.

This certainly DOES apply to men who seek to raise families of their own. Certainly your remarks are better than the ones by me you quoted.

Even so, I can't quite agree with it all the way, for it also puts pressure on men, only in much more potentially disasterous ways - namely pressuring men who aren't father material into taking on the responsibility. In that case, it'd be worse for the child. In the end, I have to say the end all, be all of a man's life is to live his life as he sees fit as long as it doesn't harm or demean others. If he sees it fit to have a family, more power to him. If not, at least there's one more "unfit father" nipped in the knick of time. Quality Over Quantity (in this case, men/family/kids).

Jake Featherston
03-19-2012, 05:53 AM

No woman, in the history of the world, has ever said any such thing.

Barreldriver
03-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Dang, always figured a woman didn't mind ye if she weren't sprayin' ye in the face with pepper spray or calling animal control for fear that sasquatch escaped. :p

Contra Mundum
03-19-2012, 06:15 AM
A girl at a store asked if she could go home with me. Does that mean she's interested in me??

Feral
03-19-2012, 06:18 AM
A girl at a store asked if she could go home with me. Does that mean she's interested in me??

Well... If you're here now, and alone, then I can assure you she doesn't like you anymore. :p

Nah, but seriously, the important thing is in what she may have been interested on. I couldn't say, there's not much information about it.

Leliana
03-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Just use common sense then you don't need to read threads like this one. Some people think too much and do too less. :rolleyes: Don't be curious! Act!

Incal
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
She will laugh at all your jokes, even the lamest ones.

Mordid
03-19-2012, 06:13 PM
She will laugh at all your jokes, even the lamest ones.
The girls who's laugh at all your lamest jokes are either self-conscious or pretend to laugh. ;)

Aiur
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Hmm, i dont have this problem, i think all women are interested in me :>

Richard
03-19-2012, 07:56 PM
It's so simple,why dont you ask to go out on a date?If she says NO she's not interested,if she says YES she's givin you a chance.

Phil75231
03-21-2012, 03:45 AM
"What to do on a Date". A canned hokey advise film presented to 1950s high school students - and lampooned on Mystery Science Theater 3000 (a TV show spoofing the worst of the worst old films, for those too young to remember or not from the US) :D

GVytXppIFw0

Supreme American
04-11-2012, 05:37 PM

Very true.