PDA

View Full Version : Sweden: Government planning to ban smoking in public places

Styggnacke
03-16-2012, 06:24 PM
The Swedish government is looking at extending a current ban on smoking to include several outdoor spaces in a bid to reduce children's exposure to the dangers of second-hand smoke.
http://www.thelocal.se/39684/20120315/

Comments?

Vasa
03-16-2012, 06:26 PM
I reject this proposition, where will it end? You cannot forbid everything, so a line must be drawn somewhere.

Styggnacke
03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
I reject this proposition, where will it end? You cannot forbid everything, so a line must be drawn somewhere.
I agree. I was also against the ban on smoking at restaurants and pubs.

Vasa
03-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes, also there is no stats behind these anti-smoke arguments. There is, so far as im concerned no stats about people suffer from health problems / death directly and only by second hand smoking. Negative consequences by second hand smoking have to be in such high frequence and ammount you practically have to live exposed in a smoke filled room 24/7. No one will grow cancer by just walking by someone smoking on his balcony.

Lumi
05-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Even though I don't live in Sweden, my parents and little sister do. I agree with this Law. Why? Because second hand smoking is just as lethal as first hand smoking.
I don't want my little sister to breathe in toxic fumes from ignorant people smoking around her in public places.