PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Kemp Slammed by His Own Son

Tabiti
05-15-2009, 08:30 PM
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2009/05/06/transnational-white-supremacist-arthur-kemp-slammed-online/

by David Holthouse on May 6, 2009

The apple may have fallen quite far from the tree in the case of notorious South African white supremacist Arthur Kemp, who in recent years has become a key transnational player in both the far-right British National Party (BNP) and the neo-Nazi National Alliance in the U.S.

Someone identifying himself as Kemp’s 16-year-old son, using the moniker “Stephan Kemp,” has been taking the elder Kemp to task for being a “racist ass” and a lousy father on the anti-hate blog Lancaster United (motto: “taking on the BNP and the other riff-raff on the far-right”).

The first comment from Stephan Kemp appeared last September, relevant to an article on the controversy that erupted when the BNP began recommending its members read Kemp’s pseudo-history tome, March of the Titans: A History of the White Race. At grueling length, the book claims to document the history of “white race” from 35,000 B.C. through the 20th century, and credits whites with virtually all cultural and scientific advances, anywhere, ever.

A cozy bedtime story it’s not. Hence Stephan Kemp’s complaint:

“I remember almost every night when we would ask for a bedtime story (when most NORMAL fathers would read their children a normal book) he [Arthur Kemp] would instead tell us stories about how the white race was all supreme and then read us chapters from his horrible book “March of the White Titans” [sic]. Well, Dad, if you ever read this or even hear about it I just wanted to let you know that I HATE YOU!! You have no idea what I went through at school because of you, you twisted my mind and made my entire childhood a horrible misery. You will never understand what you have done to me.”
The comment concluded: “This human (if you can even call him that) should be deported back to South-Africa and jailed.” It was signed, “Stephan Kemp (Arthur Kemp’s son).”

The commenter listed his location as Benoni, a city near Johannesburg, South Africa.

Last November, Stephan Kemp was back on Lancaster United, commenting on the BNP’s efforts to celebrate a “White History Month.” As part of the festivities, the BNP was again promoting March of the Titans.

“Picture this situation,” wrote the commenter identifying himself as Kemp’s son. “I am fast asleep in bed on a Thursday morning and when I wake I find that he [Arthur Kemp] is gone and then I receive a phone call from him telling me that he is on a flight to London. THIS ASSHOLE DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE MANNERS TO SAY GOODBYE TO MY FACE!! I have not seen my father in now ‘bout 2 and a bit years. All he EVER cared about was that stupid book.”

Kemp’s book continues to be marketed by the BNP’s Excalibur merchandise outlet.

[Kemp´s ex-wife comments]
Karen Kemp said,

on May 10th, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I am the ex wife of Arthur Kemp and the mother of Stephan - at first I also had some concerns about Stephan’s letters however this has been the only way he can communicate with his father and in many ways it has been a healing process for him, so I let it carry on. He has had a need to confront his father, however Artjur refused to even speak to the child, hence the need to resort to this sort of public airing of private matters. He is also a very mature 16 year old (now nearly 17) and I feel he has the right to voice his views.

As to the disinheriting - what a joke! His father has nothing to give him anyway and pays for very little as it is. I am sure that Stephan would rather not inherit the rights to his father’s books, which is the sum total of his possessions. Understand the man was always a bit work shy and spent the majority of his time and effort on his book, not exactly a way to guarantee building a great financial base. The only thing his father contested in the divorce was the amount of maintenance, never once objected to the fact that I have sole custody and guardianship of the children which means he has no say whatsoever over the balance of their lives.

British and Proud
05-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Interesting, but I believe Arthur met his current wife just a few years' ago and thus would have little to do with bringin up his wife's offspring.

Beorn
05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
An election looming?: Check
Far left involved?: Check
A public figure of the far right?: Check
An unsubstantiated slur?: Check
A mass of people believing it to be "ZOMG! Itz reel, nnevrythin!!11"?: Check

:coffee: I'll have two sugars with that bullshit pie, please!

Groenewolf
05-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Is the splcenter not a socalled 'anti-hate' group? Wich makes this piece not so relaible.

Loki
05-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Is the splcenter not a socalled 'anti-hate' group? Wich makes this piece not so relaible.

Oh, well spotted. Yes, I would call into question its veracity just because of that alone.

Inese
05-16-2009, 11:39 AM
A father is a father and people should not talk bad about the own family!! :mad:

SwordoftheVistula
05-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Interesting, but I believe Arthur met his current wife just a few years' ago and thus would have little to do with bringin up his wife's offspring.

The complaint comes from his ex-wife and her kid, not his current wife or any children she may have. Wouldn't be the first time someone badmouths a former spouse, and gets her kid into it as well.

Story sounds a bit fishy anyways: being associated with 'white supremacy' makes one a laughingstock at a (presumably white) school in South Africa? The guy who essentially does 2 jobs for the party (running the news website and Excalibur) as well as various speaking engagements is "work shy"?