PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of tattoos??

bluesky
03-18-2012, 06:45 PM
What do you think of tattoos??

Duke
03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
I have one, but i dont like them on women

Corvus
03-18-2012, 06:56 PM
I do consider getting one, but not the average stuff
every 2nd person has. It depends on the motive.

Chronos
03-18-2012, 06:59 PM
I kind of like the *idea* of a tattoo, at least from an aesthetic viewpoint. But, for some reason it just rubs me as vulgar.

Supreme American
03-18-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't find men with tattoos and piercings attractive. Sometimes you can see something cute underneath if they'd just get rid of the garbage, though.

jerney
03-18-2012, 07:11 PM
I've never really been a fan :shrug:. I think the majority look bad/trashy, especially when they're in places that can't easily be concealed with clothing, but very occasionally I'll find a tattoo nice, but only if it's a small, discrete, and meaningful

Mary
03-18-2012, 07:14 PM
I guess it's nice if you're a gang member or a sailor.

http://memearchive.net/memerial.net/1610/tattoo-locations.jpg

Duke
03-18-2012, 07:22 PM

i am green zone

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
03-18-2012, 07:26 PM
on girls it looks hot sometimes, but only as a point of "lust" and also makes me wonder if they have Aids or HIV for some reason.

however, I think that natvie tattoos from Hawaiians, or native Americans are okay, hawaiian natives tattoos look like they "fit" and they are from a right of passage.

but it only works if u are an actual native
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yzAUZ2yZyeA/TQtrQU9Nl-I/AAAAAAAAAFI/DCoXn7oNogU/s1600/Hawaiian-Tribal-Tattoos1.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eXB-dCzFSus/TStKbA6NQxI/AAAAAAAADlg/GP2romPRIJs/s1600/Polynesian%2BTattoo%2Bsymbols%2B3.jpg

Neanderthal
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Green and emerald zone are ok, pink zone tattoos are lol.

Duke
03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I also like simplistic tattoos with some meaning, I dont like "work of arts"

Lumi
03-18-2012, 07:39 PM
I have three. One on my upper right arm, one on my lower right arm and one on my lower left arm.
I plan to get one on my upper back (a memorial to the family and friends that I've lost), one on my upper left arm (a ying yang symbol, but with a wolf and a fox instead) and one on the back of my neck.

Racial Observer 1814
03-18-2012, 07:49 PM
A legit art form. I may get one soon.

SaxonCeorl
03-18-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't really like them. They've come to represent the exact opposite of individualism and independent thought. Some "sleeves" on girls look okay. I view the body as it's own art and don't think it should be altered, other than through exercise and fitness.

finşaų
03-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I can't take them seriously. They represent degeneration to me and thus I will never have one.

Loddfafner
03-18-2012, 08:44 PM

Yeah, that about covers it. Me, I don't have any mainly because I like to be able to go incognito anywhere. In some of of my friends, even a minor tat would raise eyebrows. For others, my lack of tats is what raises the eyebrows. For them, tats don't really count unless they are on your neck, forehead, or knuckles. They sometimes come to regret the ones on their foreheads as they get older, whether it is because they made them very identifiable in police lineups, or they hindered the task of getting a job that would cover child support and pharmaceutical expenses. One good friend has had so many tats on his knuckles for various crews he has been in. Each was covered over by another set of alarming initials. His next set will have to be in white on a black background.

Tattoo artists have tried to claim dibs on patches of my skin, and maybe if someone comes up with a design I can live with I will give in. In the meantime I just make sure to avoid passing out at their parties.

Wanderlust
03-18-2012, 08:56 PM
I like tattoos but for the time being I don't have any. I *really* adore piercings though, I have quite a few.

Ariets
03-18-2012, 09:45 PM
I really depends on a tattoo design and shape of body. Personally, I want to tattoo most of my body - but for now I have only a swastika, triskelion, two of gg allins tattos and a 'scum fuck' letters written on my body :thumb001:

Gratis
03-21-2012, 12:57 AM
They're stupid. No, your body is not a 'canvas', you cunt.

SilverKnight
03-21-2012, 04:30 PM
few little exceptions, like name of a son/daughter, father mother, but they're ugly overall.

GeistFaust
03-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I tend not to think highly of them, but then again it depends on the artist and the content of the message being sent. I think tattoos tell us something about a person, and are an individual's desire to communicate themselves their feelings about self and others in some manner. I think some tattoos can be quite harmless, and sometimes getting yourself branded or tattooed is a way of bonding among people, especially in the military.

I think in a sense it can create a certain togetherness of self, and I think impressing a mark on yourself reveals something about your personality disposition. I think it shows you have closed yourself off to certain things, and you hold onto this symbol or mental archetype as an integrable element and component of self.

I think this can be find, unless someone is making some insidious and evil thing an integrable element of self, which I think could let some unwarranted energy forces enter the dynamic processes of the mind.

memobekes
03-21-2012, 04:48 PM
What do you think of tattoos??

Tattoos look hideous.

Enforce the ban!

Europa
03-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Tattoos are usually simbol of profanity and low self esteem,let alone the fact how hard It'd be to find a well paid job with some visible tattoos.However some temporary tattoos are a bit more accepted.It is a personal choice whether to have one or not,but as far as I know once you have started there is no way to stop with one.:coffee:

wvwvw
08-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Volume 7, Book 71, Number 636:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, “The effect of an evil eye is a fact.” And he prohibited tattooing :nod:

rothaer
12-19-2023, 10:13 PM
Some look good and some look ugly. But the crucial point is not the look. It's about the assignment to lower social classes. Although the tattoo trend has expanded the last decade into circles where a tattoo would have not been thinkable before and I also personally know tattoed people that I find okay, it would still signal to me (in case of a woman) that it's no individual that I could seriously be with. I would feel to have failed if I ended up with a woman that has a tattoo.

Again: I do not criticise anyone and a tasteful tattoo can look good aesthetically. But it simply has this social dimension that can not be ignored.

Batavia
04-19-2024, 12:37 PM
Depends on the motive and the place.
But normally I don´t have a problem with it, I have a few tattoos myself.