PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead!

Pages : [1] 2

Stegura
03-19-2012, 05:55 AM
http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/desktops/movie/tv-the-walking-dead05.jpg

It's my favorite show on TV. I love watching it! Sometimes I even think that it would be cool to live during a Zombie Apocalpyse!

Tonight's Season Finale when Herschel's farm got overrun was intense!!

Any other Walking Dead fans here? :)

Barreldriver
03-19-2012, 06:02 AM
Shit, I missed the finale. Missed most of the second season for that matter, did see when the daughter was found in the barn and a few episodes after. Was really into the show til Full Metal Jousting came on and attentions switched. :p

Contra Mundum
03-19-2012, 06:11 AM
They show the repeats fairly often.

It's probably my favorite show as well. Who was that dude with the sword who cut that zombie's head off? Another new twist to the drama. I guess I wont find out till the fall.

Gaztelu
03-19-2012, 06:14 AM
I saw the pilot and I loved it.

Unfortunately, I have not watched the show since.

CelticViking
03-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Shit, I missed the finale. Missed most of the second season for that matter, did see when the daughter was found in the barn and a few episodes after. Was really into the show til Full Metal Jousting came on and attentions switched. :p

"Stupid, fat Hobbit" :tongue

http://i2.listal.com/image/760258/250full.jpg

Oh well, you can watch it online

http://series-cravings.info/watch-the-walking-dead-online

http://watch-the-walking-dead-online.com/

Stegura
03-19-2012, 06:22 AM
They show the repeats fairly often.

It's probably my favorite show as well. Who was that dude with the sword who cut that zombie's head off?

Apparently, the mystery figure is some African American woman who's an expert in wielding a Kitana! :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michonne

Stegura
03-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Oh well, you can watch it online

First six episodes of Season 1 are on Netflix too!

Vesuvian Sky
10-14-2013, 02:03 AM
Just got done watching season 4's opener.

As always it looks promising. Interesting ending, looks like a new major problem may be coming their way.:naughty2:

Vesuvian Sky
10-14-2013, 02:11 AM
Just watched the first parts of the 'Talking Dead' show (gives behind the scenes accounts plus has the creative team on frequently giving hints regarding what is to come).

Things are going to get rough. Real rough apparently. I can't wait. This is seriously the only show I watch on TV these day.

Vesuvian Sky
10-21-2013, 02:05 AM
damn, an absolutely devastating episode of TWD! :cool:

Rick looked totally frustrated at the end when he had to deal with the walkers. Nothin' goes right in this world. And the very last scene was just stone cold nasty. Its shaping up to be an absolutely brutal season. :Bondage1:

randomguy1235
10-21-2013, 02:21 AM
I really can't get enough of the show... :(

Oneeye
10-21-2013, 02:34 AM
To be honest, I was disappointed with the season opener. It bored me for most of the way, and of course once it started to pick up it was over. Will watch the second episode tomorrow. I download it off of PSN.

Vesuvian Sky
10-21-2013, 02:38 AM
To be honest, I was disappointed with the season opener. It bored me for most of the way, and of course once it started to pick up it was over. Will watch the second episode tomorrow. I download it off of PSN.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.:naughty:

Vesuvian Sky
10-28-2013, 02:05 AM
Not as interesting of an episode tonight but it had some interesting moments. Definitely some serious issues that some of the characters are going to face next episode.

lesson learned: zombie's gush blood pretty good when squashed by car tires.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-28-2013, 02:24 AM
These folks are all amateurs when it comes to fighting the undead.

First, you need to protect your eyes. If you stick one of these walkers and they gush blood into your eyes you're going to be ill and turn; goggles, use them.

Second, if you're out in the wilderness sleep in the trees. Nail in a board to a large thick branch then tie yourself around it so you don't fall off. You won't wake up to a walker standing over you if you do that.

Third, they figured out early in the season if you cover yourself with walker blood and guts they have a difficult time detecting you. Later it was clear you could just chop off their arms and jaws and walk about with them on a leash; the smell of the corpses hides your own smell from the undead.

Fourth, padding. I know it's Georgia and it gets hella hot but you need to cover yourself in case one of those bastards sneaks up on you and tries to take a chunk.

Fifth, when the horde of undead attacked the farm the members of the group didn't have to run off. Just hang out on the roof of the house. If those fuckers don't know you're around they just wander off. They're too far off to smell you.

The current issue with the fence (haven't see tonight's episode) is easily taken care of by creating spiked barricades all along the perimeter as a buffer between them and the fences, or you can just on occasion drive out there with a car and lead them away.

Sixth, from the start I said to myself they need to lock themselves in their cells. They know a natural death leads to becoming a walker also. What if someone has a heart attack at night? They'd turn into a walker and a bunch of people end up dead like last weeks episode.

McCauley
10-28-2013, 02:25 AM
^^ Rick Grimes' brother!

Vesuvian Sky
10-28-2013, 02:33 AM
Fourth, padding. I know it's Georgia and it gets hella hot but you need to cover yourself in case one of those bastards sneaks up on you and tries to take a chunk.

I envision something like this would be particularly useful from my 1980's materialistic childhood:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oOgZucNBasw/TVAbSD6AGyI/AAAAAAAAA9c/9k7prZubEN8/s1600/jakerockwell019.jpg

https://sites.google.com/site/tk111prime/Centurions_Power_Extreme_by_hiraishi.jpg

or even

http://www.cartoonscrapbook.com/02pics/inhumanoids01.jpg

if you can design something to fight subterranean demonoids then surely it will be useful during the zombie apocalypse.

Relevant - that red car from MASK:

http://www.sidekickcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/images1.jpg

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-28-2013, 02:34 AM
^^ Rick Grimes' brother!

All I'm saying is I'd do better job than Rick Grimes.

Why did he kick those people out of the prison and not pick up the hitchhiker? When you're out an about without a home the fewer people the better so you're not hampered but when you have a base the more people the better for scavenging; the more people you have the more territory you can cover more quickly. The more protection you have as well.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-28-2013, 02:36 AM
I envision something like this would be particularly useful from my 1980's materialistic childhood:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oOgZucNBasw/TVAbSD6AGyI/AAAAAAAAA9c/9k7prZubEN8/s1600/jakerockwell019.jpg

https://sites.google.com/site/tk111prime/Centurions_Power_Extreme_by_hiraishi.jpg

or even

http://www.cartoonscrapbook.com/02pics/inhumanoids01.jpg

if you can design something to fight subterranean demonoids then surely it will be useful during the zombie apocalypse.

Relevant - that red car from MASK:

http://www.sidekickcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/images1.jpg

I watched that cartoon. I had the toys.

When I speak of padding, you could use a number of things.

McCauley
10-28-2013, 02:37 AM
All I'm saying is I'd do better job than Rick Grimes.

Why did he kick those people out of the prison and not pick up the hitchhiker? When you're out an about without a home the fewer people the better so you're not hampered but when you have a base the more people the better for scavenging; the more people you have the more territory you can cover more quickly.

That hitchhiker thing threw me off too, he let all those people from Woodbury into the prison, but let that poor guy get eaten.

Vesuvian Sky
10-28-2013, 02:41 AM
When I speak of padding, you could use a number of things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWiPiks1sU

Acquisitor
10-31-2013, 11:38 AM
then new season is very disappointing imo, the show should be cancelled..

Vesuvian Sky
10-31-2013, 12:17 PM
then new season is very disappointing imo, the show should be cancelled..

what specifically disappoints you?

Acquisitor
10-31-2013, 12:22 PM
what specifically disappoints you?

everything: the dialogues, the action, the logic of the actions, everything

it reminds me of the second season which was pathetic

Vesuvian Sky
10-31-2013, 12:29 PM
everything: the dialogues, the action, the logic of the actions, everything

it reminds me of the second season which was pathetic

in regards to logic, perhaps a critique could be made as to why they are not splattering themselves with 'zombie jucie' anymore in order to mask their scents from the zombies. It would seem like the obvious thing to do everytime they go out but I have also accepted that series writers side step logical things every now and then in order to continue the series (naturally) but also find all the different ways to get the characters into new situations.

can't really say too much for the dialouge I suppose. I think its decent but emphasis on the gore can over-ride such a thing.

Acquisitor
10-31-2013, 12:32 PM
this show is just not the same caliber as lets say "breaking bad".. so compared to BB its just trash :\ in quality of logic, dialogues and the plot

Vesuvian Sky
10-31-2013, 12:36 PM
this show is just not the same caliber as lets say "breaking bad".. so compared to BB its just trash :\ in quality of logic, dialogues and the plot

BB though is a totally different world. writers for walking dead have to write differently due to the subjects inherent nature.

Acquisitor
10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
BB though is a totally different world. writers for walking dead have to write differently due to the subjects inherent nature.

ofc its a different world, but the quality of dialogues is something that should be taken seriously

the walking dead sometimes has long annoying irrelevant dialogues, think of season two for example, it was a disaster, I cant believe I kept watching it :)

on the other hand, s03 was alright, especially with the governor who was a well thought through personality.

Vesuvian Sky
10-31-2013, 01:04 PM
ofc its a different world, but the quality of dialogues is something that should be taken seriously

the walking dead sometimes has long annoying irrelevant dialogues, think of season two for example, it was a disaster, I cant believe I kept watching it :)

on the other hand, s03 was alright, especially with the governor who was a well thought through personality.

I think people watch the WD more for the atmospheric nature of the show plus the action scenes/makeup, and the overall premise. Dialouge could be worse really.

Acquisitor
10-31-2013, 01:09 PM
I think people watch the WD more for the atmospheric nature of the show plus the action scenes/makeup, and the overall premise. Dialouge could be worse really.

yes ok the atmosphere I understand, but its been going on for a forth season now.

the first season was brilliant, now it becomes way too repetitive imo.

survival in the post apocalyptic world is a nice thing to show ofc, but more variation is needed to make the show better.

atm they sit in this prison, they talk, occasionally they shoot some walkers and bury them, while sometimes they have to leave for a short while where they meet more walkers. And all the time they engage in endless dialogues about nothing.

they have to show more about the outside world imo, about how others survive in this world, new communities and so on.

they could also show how low people can fall under the right conditions, for example the government and his gang was a good example of that.

Vesuvian Sky
10-31-2013, 01:16 PM
yes ok the atmosphere I understand, but its been going on for a forth season now.

the first season was brilliant, now it becomes way too repetitive imo.

survival in the post apocalyptic world is a nice thing to show ofc, but more variation is needed to make the show better.

atm they sit in this prison, they talk, occasionally they shoot some walkers and bury them, while sometimes they have to leave for a short while where they meet more walkers. And all the time they engage in endless dialogues about nothing.

they have to show more about the outside world imo, about how others survive in this world, new communities and so on.

they could also show how low people can fall under the right conditions, for example the government and his gang was a good example of that.

the show is definitely more cyclical in nature in that its an ebb and flow of violence, then introspection, relative periods of stablization, then collapse etc. so its very "patterned". this type of thing I find appealing so naturally the show draws me in more. it mirrors the rise and fall of various civilzations which I enjoy very much studying so its naturally appealing to me more.

'differet strokes' as the saying goes...

Max Power
10-31-2013, 01:20 PM
I'd agree with Acquisitor...it's garbage. I've an avid fan of the comics and it just reached its 10 year anniversary and still has so much momentum. The show doesn't develop any of the characters practically. Rick is still struggling with really rigid and outdated ideas of morality whereas comic Rick long ago molded himself to this new world after the suffering they endured. It just seems too soap operay. In order for this to win me back, by the middle of this season they need to leave that god forsaken (and boring) prison like they did in the comics. That "on the road" part after the prison is what made them who they really became and we're still missing that. As well as the aforementioned lack of or delay in character development they hardly make any characters likable other that Darryl (who didn't exist in the comics).

Vesuvian Sky
10-31-2013, 01:29 PM
I'd agree with Acquisitor...it's garbage. I've an avid fan of the comics and it just reached its 10 year anniversary and still has so much momentum. The show doesn't develop any of the characters practically. Rick is still struggling with really rigid and outdated ideas of morality whereas comic Rick long ago molded himself to this new world after the suffering they endured. It just seems too soap operay. In order for this to win me back, by the middle of this season they need to leave that god forsaken (and boring) prison like they did in the comics. That "on the road" part after the prison is what made them who they really became and we're still missing that. As well as the aforementioned lack of or delay in character development they hardly make any characters likable other that Darryl (who didn't exist in the comics).

That's why I haven't read the comic yet, as I'm sure it would lead to dissapointment. TV writers always do things differently then the comic versions of what they're replicating. One will only naturally be let down otherwise.

Vesuvian Sky
11-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Well I have to say the last two episodes of the Walking Dead sucked pretty hard. But this one was pretty damn good. Let's just say, someone came back:

http://images.tvfanatic.com/iu/t_full/v1384259550/return-of-the-governor.png

Finally broke from the jail stagnation.

Rudel
11-18-2013, 02:14 AM
I only watch the Walking Dead because there's not much to watch. Utter crap compared to the comics.
No development whatsoever, stagnating plot populated with anecdotal crap. It doesn't play at all on the strengths on the universe, it's a huge waste of material.

Vesuvian Sky
11-18-2013, 02:20 AM
I only watch the Walking Dead because there's not much to watch. Utter crap compared to the comics.
No development whatsoever, stagnating plot populated with anecdotal crap. It doesn't play at all on the strengths on the universe, it's a huge waste of material.

This is the weakest season IMO but others got dissatisfied earlier. The obvious disappointment for yourself is reading the comic first. The show will never be as developed though or have the type of feats that a comic would since its life span by inherent nature is much more finite. The overall premise is still interesting though. It probably has 2-3 more seasons left to it.

Acquisitor
11-18-2013, 07:48 PM
the governor is prolly the most/best developed character of them all..

Vesuvian Sky
11-18-2013, 08:10 PM
^The guy who plays him is a pretty solid actor too.

Acquisitor
11-18-2013, 08:53 PM
^The guy who plays him is a pretty solid actor too.

yes...

Acquisitor
11-25-2013, 08:39 PM
the governor clearly is saving season 4.

Vesuvian Sky
11-25-2013, 09:06 PM
the governor clearly is saving season 4.

Last 2 episodes have been pretty good. I especially liked the governor's return. He is seriously perhaps the most badass character on the series. It certainly has been my least favorite season as some of the episodes have been near boring. Its also loosing its atmospheric edge.

But yeah the gov episodes...pretty badass.

Acquisitor
11-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Last 2 episodes have been pretty good. I especially liked the governor's return. He is seriously perhaps the most badass character on the series. It certainly has been my least favorite season as some of the episodes have been near boring. Its also loosing its atmospheric edge.

But yeah the gov episodes...pretty badass.

he made me watch the show again :x

he is brilliant.. a real psychopath

PS. lol at the Jason Friday the 13th lake scene :)

Vesuvian Sky
11-25-2013, 09:11 PM

That was a very well shot scene.:)

Very picturesque in a lot of ways.:D

Luv the gov's psycho-path music too...the "pounding sounds".

Empecinado
11-25-2013, 09:15 PM

Yes, a text-book psycopath, he shows all the psycho traits.

Btw, I think Hershell and/or Daryl are gonna die in the text episode...

Acquisitor
11-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Yes, a text-book psycopath, he shows all the psycho traits.

Btw, I think Hershell and/or Daryl are gonna die in the text episode...

as long as the psycho survives :P

he is carrying this season on his shoulders imo.

who cares about the prison, about anyone in it, about that one legged man or that black sword warrior, they are all irrelevant when this psycho is in the series.

Max Power
11-26-2013, 11:44 AM
I like the Governors return as well. I don't even care what's going on in the prison at this point. The Governor, while much more sadistic and brutal, is more like comic book Rick Grimes. He shifts his morality to adjust to this new world. Rick's still being a total pussy about everything and it just isn't in like with the character I loved reading.

Acquisitor
11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
I like the Governors return as well. I don't even care what's going on in the prison at this point. The Governor, while much more sadistic and brutal, is more like comic book Rick Grimes. He shifts his morality to adjust to this new world. Rick's still being a total pussy about everything and it just isn't in like with the character I loved reading.

yup, the prison with its one legged man, with the leader and his son is "so" boring. It's unreal how boring it is.

the governor has hijacked the show, and by doing so he saved it.

Empecinado
11-26-2013, 12:15 PM
That's why the serie sucks...most of the episodes are pure soap-opera boredom in the prison, they use a exciting final to episodes to ensure that you continue addicted and they introduce some good final episodes to make you forget about all the other shit episodes. I prefer by far Sons of Anarchy, there all the episodes have a lot of action and some psychos Gobernator-style.

Max Power
11-26-2013, 12:27 PM
And where the fuck did the music come from during "dramatic scenes"? They started that...this season? It's pretty gay.

Rudel
11-30-2013, 11:15 PM
The Governor, while much more sadistic and brutal, is more like comic book Rick Grimes.
That's what I thought too. They should just kill all the "good guys" now and make it about the Governor.

The series turned all the major characters into flat and uni-dimensional bores (or just killed them before they could be interesting), while making the Governor (a character not that good in the Comics) pretty awesome. I think the acting is a big part of it.

Vesuvian Sky
12-02-2013, 02:03 AM
OK so the first 50 minutes or so of this early season finale was alot of talking and this and that...

BUT holy shit!

The last 10 minutes were an adrenaline pumping slug fest!

I'm still tryin' to chill...

Rudel
12-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Fuck me, that was the first episode that went accordingly to the comic books in like 3 seasons, and that was the first time I hoped the scenario would diverge.

Acquisitor
12-02-2013, 01:02 PM
the governor :(

the one legged man old man is a good loss imo.

Max Power
12-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Fuck me, that was the first episode that went accordingly to the comic books in like 3 seasons, and that was the first time I hoped the scenario would diverge.

Amen. Though in the comics it's Tyreese that bites it by having his head lopped off, I thought it was a much needed nod to the comics.

Great episode, and though I liked the Governor he had to go eventually. I'm hoping Hershel dying is Rick's "morality" dying, and he'll starting playing to the new moral order more making the tough decisions he should be making. In the comics everyone gets split up momentarily after the attack, with Rick and Carl on their own which I like that the attack ended in the same manner. I'm also hoping baby Judith was indeed gulped up by walkers and not magically saved by someone, since everyone was accounted for on screen and we never see anyone get her after the gun toting kids drop her car seat. This would also push Rick to where he needs to be.

Can't wait for the second half!

Lábaru
12-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Each new episode the characters are flatter in personality and the best example is daryl, the death of Governor is a shame, could have been more interesting.

SKYNET
12-03-2013, 11:26 PM
the last 8th part of the 4th season is so sad :cry2 it is very stress :picard2:

SKYNET
12-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Each new episode the characters are flatter in personality and the best example is daryl, the death of Governor is a shame, could have been more interesting.

As long as Daryl is okay, I'm happy.

Lábaru
12-03-2013, 11:44 PM
As long as Daryl is okay, I'm happy.

we'll see, he had a walker close at his back and then we lost the image, bitten?

SKYNET
12-04-2013, 12:39 AM
we'll see, he had a walker close at his back and then we lost the image, bitten?

yeah that scene that we had we didn't see what happened exactly, I hope he wasn't bitten :( :( Daryl should be alive.

SKYNET
12-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Hershel :(

Lábaru
12-04-2013, 01:53 AM
yeah that scene that we had we didn't see what happened exactly, I hope he wasn't bitten :( :( Daryl should be alive.

Only if it recover his rol as a tracker / ranger, if he will continue as a babysitter, I prefer him dead.

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-04-2013, 07:11 PM
So sad.

My predictions:

I suspect the girl who shot the lesbian is the one who was feeding the rats to the undead and had that weird altar or whatever it was of a disemboweled rat that Tyreese found. "We have a psycho on our hands," said by Tyreese is called "foreshadowing," my niggas. In the comic book a six year old boy was a psychopath and hence my suspicion.

Daryle won't be bitten; that's absurd. He and Michonne will come across each other. They will come across the lesbian sister who wandered off at the end. She might try to make up for her less than zealous fight but she'll crumble and they take her in instead of killing her. The older sister will be killed by the walkers soon after she kills the Governor. She has nothing left to live for (this part I'm iffy on; she still has her sister but this woman is too traumatized to survive and find her sister).

The baby is dead because of those stupid kids leaving her like they did out in the open. Rick goes into a tail spin. Carl will blame him for all that has gone wrong; similar to the comic book. He'll point out if he had killed the Governor during their first and only meeting Judith would be alive and they still would have home. Carl goes back to having a stone cold attitude but eventually "comes back," so to speak, at the end of the season.

I can't think of anything else right now.

The show is better than the comic. The comic sucks.

Rudel
12-05-2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/victory-baby/say-that-to-my-face-phaggot-not-over-the-internet-thumb.jpg

Max Power
12-05-2013, 03:31 PM

We discussed this before on ABF and I'm just gonna have to say I'll agree to disagree. The comic is far and above better at characterizations than the show. What I will say is that the comic got a little silly at times. Particularly right now with Neegan and his saviors as well as Ezekiel and his kingdom, for those of you keeping up (we're at issue 116 spanning a decade!).

Andrea was written better, Lori was written better, Carl was written way better, Rick was written better and developed logistically, Shane bit it early as he should have, Tyreese was written better. It's almost like they created Daryl and sucked the awesomeness out of everyone else and just had him be this ridiculously mega awesome character who's like over powered.

VAARON
12-05-2013, 03:32 PM
last episode was pure genuis :p

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-05-2013, 03:48 PM
We discussed this before on ABF and I'm just gonna have to say I'll agree to disagree. The comic is far and above better at characterizations than the show. What I will say is that the comic got a little silly at times. Particularly right now with Neegan and his saviors as well as Ezekiel and his kingdom, for those of you keeping up (we're at issue 116 spanning a decade!).

Andrea was written better, Lori was written better, Carl was written way better, Rick was written better and developed logistically, Shane bit it early as he should have, Tyreese was written better. It's almost like they created Daryl and sucked the awesomeness out of everyone else and just had him be this ridiculously mega awesome character who's like over powered.

A good comic book writer is a rarity.

What made the show better for the first two seasons was the strained relationship between Rick and Shane. That those dudes who wrote the comic book let such a great conflict slip by killing Shane off so early (like 4 pages into introducing him?) is a crime against fiction writing.

The Governor with his fall, salvation, and rise back up again only to make the same mistake was great.

Qorgyle
12-05-2013, 04:17 PM
No more prison drama, thank fuck for that.

Balmung
12-05-2013, 04:21 PM
So is it any better? I kind of abandoned the show because it got a little slow. Then I thought about it and realized I disliked the majority of the characters.

SKYNET
12-05-2013, 04:24 PM
I still can't believe Hershel and that governor are dead. I wonder, what will happen next of the serial?

Max Power
12-05-2013, 04:36 PM
A good comic book writer is a rarity.

What made the show better for the first two seasons was the strained relationship between Rick and Shane. That those dudes who wrote the comic book let such a great conflict slip by killing Shane off so early (like 4 pages into introducing him?) is a crime against fiction writing.

The Governor with his fall, salvation, and rise back up again only to make the same mistake was great.

I felt you'd bring up the Shane v. Rick as a positive. I'll give you that against he shitty backdrop of Hershels farm that was way too drawn out, yes it was interesting in theory.I think ultimately Rick bitched out yet again and I lost interest.

Now the Governors story...yes. That was better than the comic.

I still can't believe Hershel and that governor are dead. I wonder, what will happen next of the serial?

If it follows the comic at all, they'll be on the road again and face some horrible situations. Things should get darker. Here's to hoping.

Rudel
12-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Issue 117 is out, mate. But yeah, the Negan thing is silly. Though the comic is entering the post-apocalyptic phase, why the rebuilding of stable societies and feudalization of the American space. It's the more interesting than the survival thing to me.

The characters are not only pointless but also incarnated by mediocre actors.

Vesuvian Sky
02-10-2014, 01:09 AM
mid season of walking dead starts now.:cool:

naturally there will be people bitching about this and that, why they can't fap to the dialogue, blah blah blah, but even as the early part of this season showed us, the show can make some pretty stunning turns at certain points and brings 'em back in.:cool:

DeaththeKid
02-10-2014, 01:37 AM
This show is the most overrated pile of crap I have ever watched. Literally all the characters suck some just suck more then others. They hired some really bad actors and writers. If it was more fast paced then it might be tolerable barley. I forced myself to finish season one but I just can't watch more then half of season 2 some people say it gets better but I just can't watch this shit.

Vesuvian Sky
02-10-2014, 02:02 AM
If it was more fast paced then it might be tolerable barley.

meh, I blame the video games for responses like this among the youth of today.

That, rap music and of course the meth.

Anyway a very psychological mid season premier.

highlight: Michonne goes bat shit nuts and has that creepy flashback.

DeaththeKid
02-10-2014, 02:08 AM
crap accidental post

Vesuvian Sky
02-17-2014, 02:07 AM
Quote of this latest episode: "You've got quite the mouth on you...what else you got"?

Its the debut of the army sergeant guy (Abraham Ford).

Also, you can apparently plow through a relatively large group of zombies so long as you have armor-body. Interesting.

Acquisitor
02-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Yesterday's episode was ok, quite refreshing :)

Dandelion
02-24-2014, 09:55 PM
From the new episodes, best one so far. Still it can't be compared to the last two episodes of the first half-season (episodes 7 and 8 of season 4). Episode 9 was also weak, in my opinion.

Dandelion
02-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Also, you can apparently plow through a relatively large group of zombies so long as you have armor-body. Interesting.

The series isn't known for its realism. Lol.

Vesuvian Sky
02-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Even the mid season has presented some interesting twists and turns already. In terms of scene execution, I felt the scene when Rick had to hide under the bed from the marauders was shot very well. An excellent sense of tension was created, particularly when Rick is looking straight into the eyes of the guy who get's strangled on the floor during the fight for the bed with the other guy. Show can still pull off some of those heavy atmospheric moments.

Vesuvian Sky
02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
The series isn't known for its realism. Lol.

It usually doesn't do too bad but the one scene cracked me up a bit.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
This show is the most overrated pile of crap I have ever watched. Literally all the characters suck some just suck more then others. They hired some really bad actors and writers. If it was more fast paced then it might be tolerable barley. I forced myself to finish season one but I just can't watch more then half of season 2 some people say it gets better but I just can't watch this shit.

It started off with decent pacing but is starting to drag on the longer things go.

I think a lot of the dumb things done (especially by rick) are intentional and to some degree make things realistic. Hershel's dumb move and his whining, and shane going kind of mental, are things that would really happen.

But dumbest move of all was to flee the prison...just stupid. It's a mess now but still easy to defend. Not to mention it's lame they had no caches or safehouses set up elsewhere just in case. Even a dugout with a trapdoor would be enough to hide in for the night.

Also they keep going into woods and cramped areas instead of the open. WTF kind of logic is that when you have firearms and are fighting slow moving zombies who can't attack from a distance. But you have to have some way to force conflict I guess. Zombes just are not that plausible an enemy to take over whole world.

Acquisitor
02-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Even the mid season has presented some interesting twists and turns already. In terms of scene execution, I felt the scene when Rick had to hide under the bed from the marauders was shot very well. An excellent sense of tension was created, particularly when Rick is looking straight into the eyes of the guy who get's strangled on the floor during the fight for the bed with the other guy. Show can still pull off some of those heavy atmospheric moments.

yes nice scene, but there is a problem with it. The guy on the bed gets killed by someone and that someone just falls asleep while leaving a fresh corpse right near him. And that for a survivor ;)

Dandelion
02-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Interesting how zombies changed over the seasons, all due to a different director. In Season 1, I still remember, zombies could sprint, climb fences and even use objects as tools to break windows.

Vesuvian Sky
02-24-2014, 10:28 PM
yes nice scene, but there is a problem with it. The guy on the bed gets killed by someone and that someone just falls asleep while leaving a fresh corpse right near him. And that for a survivor ;)

Yeah I was wondering last night which 'zombie' attacked the maruaders? The one Rick 'created' in the bathroom scene or the one in bedroom scene. Although, I thought the guy choked out in the bedroom was still breathing.

Dandelion
02-24-2014, 10:30 PM
The survivor probably was ignorant about the fact everyone is infected and that it only threads into effect after death. Lilly and Tara also survived a long time without knowing that. Most people they see dying get devoured by a pack of walkers, and obviously they can't turn.
Unlikely for marauders though, because they kill people for supplies.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-24-2014, 10:34 PM
The survivor probably was ignorant about the fact everyone is infected and that it only threads into effect after death. Lilly and Tara also survived a long time without knowing that. Most people they see dying get devoured by a pack of walkers, and obviously they can't turn.

I wondered about that, too, but that makes sense. Maybe they will later find that the corpses are coming on much sooner after death.

The annoying one to me was the bus. Though they could have explained that by everyone having died from a grenade thrown through the window or something. Zombines getting in...but unable to get out, and managed to turn everyone without anyone being eaten, is just dumb.

Acquisitor
02-24-2014, 10:35 PM
I wondered about that, too, but that makes sense. Maybe they will later find that the corpses are coming on much sooner after death.

The annoying one to me was the bus. Though they could have explained that by everyone having died from a grenade thrown through the window or something. Zombines getting in...but unable to get out, and managed to turn everyone without anyone being eaten, is just dumb.

still its better than season 2 which was all about doing very stupid things and irrelevant conversations.

Dandelion
02-24-2014, 10:36 PM

Indeed. Only way that could happen is if someone were to throw in fresh corpses and seal the exit.

My favourite seasons remain seasons 1 and 4. I'm glad I managed to pull myself through season 2. Didn't like the search after Sophia much. I've read on a forum that in the comics Sophia survives and becomes an adult young woman, but they probably didn't do that because the walkers are too scary for a child actor.

One detail which bugs me about season 1, though. Why did Merle saw off his hand? 1/2" threaded rod is actually easier to cut through with a hacksaw. No need to cut through handcuffs of hardened steel.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-24-2014, 10:43 PM
still its better than season 2 which was all about doing very stupid things and irrelevant conversations.

Especially rick but I think they were mainly realistic. I would have splitsky from the group or maybe strangled him off in a corner after a couple of them, though.

And it shocks me they all make the mistake of letting children wander around or split form group. Over and over.

Vesuvian Sky
02-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Unlikely for marauders though, because they kill people for supplies.

Yeah exactly. I think Rick's guy was the one that turned zombie. He seemed thoroughly killed.

The bus scene was kinda weird and had me wondering as well. But that's the show for you as at times it seems to require one to fill in the blanks for themselves.

Actually I think we overlooked the tr00 genius of last Sunday's episode: the 'mullet' scientist.

Dandelion
02-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Actually I thinked we overlooked the tr00 genius of last Sunday's episode: the 'mullet' scientist.

The Murican (land of the second amendment) that can't handle a submachine gun and still managed to survive this long. ;)

Surprises me no one mentioned Rosita. She's supposed to wear such an outfit? As a male I'm not complaining, but come on. She even didn't speak a word during her first appearance.

Vesuvian Sky
02-24-2014, 10:52 PM
The Murican (land of the second amendment) that can't handle a submachine gun and still managed to survive this long. ;)

Indeed. Without doubt, the most unrealistic thing presented thus far.:laugh:

Furthermore, if you have a mullet you clearly must have gun skilz. Let's face it, its an obvious qualifier.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-24-2014, 11:01 PM
Actually I think we overlooked the tr00 genius of last Sunday's episode: the 'mullet' scientist.

I kind of liked him.

Vesuvian Sky
02-24-2014, 11:02 PM
I kind of liked him.

Me too actually.

Vesuvian Sky
03-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Wow. I can honestly say this was my least favorite episode of the series ever. it was all about 'feelings'. Fucking :lame:. And that song at the end was annoying as shit. I so don't watch this show for 'feelings' and shitty ass songs.

Also, no mullet scientists or hot ass latinas in fuck-me-military shorts.

Next week better have some real shit go down.

Dandelion
03-03-2014, 03:20 AM
The director might have lost the plot now that the governor is gone? I know that the new characters like the mullet scientist and the latina (less sexualised in the comics) are also in the comics (but I don't read those). We'll see what will happen. I have yet to see the last episode as a non-Murican (always some lag, until someone uploads a good torrent).

Vesuvian Sky
03-03-2014, 03:46 AM
The director might have lost the plot now that the governor is gone? I know that the new characters like the mullet scientist and the latina (less sexualised in the comics) are also in the comics (but I don't read those). We'll see what will happen. I have yet to see the last episode as a non-Murican (always some lag, until someone uploads a good torrent).

The show seems more or less parallel with the comic but the show's plot line thus far tends to 'oscillate' (not exactly the same) in relation to the comic's. Regardless, they'll both line back up usually at the 'critical points' it seems. From what I can tell though, the paths they all are currently following are somewhat similar to the overall idea of the comic. But its definitely not all verbatim.

I have no idea though what they were thinking with this nights episode. Its the first time I was totally disappointed. I guess at times you need 'filler' just to stretch things out. And this is clearly what tonight's episode was: 'filler'.

Acquisitor
03-03-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm through the first half of yesterday's episode and I'm wondering: is she going to give him a bj or not ;)

my mind is dirty I guess.

Prisoner Of Ice
03-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Wow. I can honestly say this was my least favorite episode of the series ever. it was all about 'feelings'. Fucking :lame:. And that song at the end was annoying as shit. I so don't watch this show for 'feelings' and shitty ass songs.

I agree. But they do have to pace a little. If anything they are not nearly so dramatic as you might expect most people to be in such a situation. They seem to be headed more in that direction though, which would really suck.

I don't know why they try to put melodrama and romance in every action or scifi piece and ruin it, people who like that shit can tune into any of 45k other programs to get it.

Prisoner Of Ice
03-03-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm through the first half of yesterday's episode and I'm wondering: is she going to give him a bj or not ;)

my mind is dirty I guess.

I was disappointed she didn't. If it were me she'd have been blowing me 45 minutes after the prison was toast.

Acquisitor
03-03-2014, 04:50 PM
I agree. But they do have to pace a little. If anything they are not nearly so dramatic as you might expect most people to be in such a situation. They seem to be headed more in that direction though, which would really suck.

I don't know why they try to put melodrama and romance in every action or scifi piece and ruin it, people who like that shit can tune into any of 45k other programs to get it.

lol :)

I still want to see them fuck. Finding out whether they will at this very moment, the girl looks ok ;)

Acquisitor
03-03-2014, 04:51 PM
I was disappointed she didn't. If it were me she'd have been blowing me 45 minutes after the prison was toast.

thanks for spoiling it!

surprised that its not going to happen, everything appears to be leading to it, and a passionate nearly porn scene wouldn't ruin the show.

Empecinado
03-03-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't know why they try to put melodrama and romance in every action or scifi piece and ruin it

Easy, to attract female audience xD

Empecinado
03-03-2014, 04:58 PM
lol :)

I still want to see them fuck. Finding out whether they will at this very moment, the girl looks ok ;)

Give up it, this serie is fully anti-erotic. For example the actress Alanna Masterson has a nice tits and there appears covered with a shirt that makes her look like George Bush on vacations..what a waste :picard2:

Acquisitor
03-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Give up it, this serie is fully anti-erotic. For example the actress Alanna Masterson has a nice tits and there appears covered with a shirt that makes her look like George Bush on vacations..what a waste :picard2:

well yes I agree, but this blonde young chick in this episode looked appealing to me for some reason, and as an old creepy man I'd love to see this guy she is with taking advantage of her innocent looks and nature. It would benefit both of them to do it in that particular episode and in that particular state.

Empecinado
03-03-2014, 05:05 PM
well yes I agree, but this blonde young chick in this episode looked appealing to me for some reason, and as an old creepy man I'd love to see this guy she is with taking advantage of her innocent looks and nature. It would benefit both of them to do it in that particular episode and in that particular state.

http://s5.goodfon.com/wallpaper/previews-middle/576919.jpg

Vesuvian Sky
03-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Actually, when they were playing the drinking game I was hoping she was going to say 'Well I never fucked a guy...' and then voila, she get's taken to pound town.:cool:

The writers missed a tr00 golden opportunity here.:picard2:

Then again I think her character is minor so.....

Prisoner Of Ice
03-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Sorry I spoiled it, figured you had finished it by then.

Holy Jesus, glad I checked for myself. Even if they don't show nudity it is surprising how little sex there is, especially with this episode. World is ending, they are drunk, she's obviously into him. Nope, no sex.

Maybe that's because he is probably supposed to be the hero that nerds relate to. When you have him getting laid instead of having a tortured shit life it appeals less to teenage boys.

Acquisitor
03-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Actually, when they were playing the drinking game I was hoping she was going to say 'Well I never fucked a guy...' and then voila, she get's taken to pound town.:cool:

The writers missed a tr00 golden opportunity here.:picard2:

Then again I think her character is minor so.....

I was sure the sexuality question was going to be raised during the game and that she was going give him a direct hint about it.

Dandelion
03-03-2014, 05:21 PM
I have no idea though what they were thinking with this nights episode. Its the first time I was totally disappointed. I guess at times you need 'filler' just to stretch things out. And this is clearly what tonight's episode was: 'filler'.

I'm still about to watch it. I'm expecting something like the Fly episode of Breaking Bad. That's the one episode I skipped entirely once I realised it didn't have any plot development anyway (about 15 minutes in).

Vesuvian Sky
03-03-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm still about to watch it. I'm expecting something like the Fly episode of Breaking Bad. That's the one episode I skipped entirely once I realised it didn't have any plot development anyway (about 15 minutes in).

This episode is definitely 'skipable'. Matter of fact, save yourself a solid 45 minutes of your life and skip it. This episode was so non-crucial to the overall plot.

Vesuvian Sky
03-10-2014, 02:05 AM
not too bad. better then last week for sure. things got shaken up a bit. one of the more interesting things was Darrel meeting up with the 'marauders' who Rick was dealing with 2 weeks ago and joins them. Everyone is heading to 'Terminus' now.

Dandelion
03-10-2014, 02:18 AM
I wish I could watch it now, but as a non-Anglo I have to wait until a working torrent arrives.

Vesuvian Sky
03-10-2014, 02:21 AM
I wish I could watch it now, but as a non-Anglo I have to wait until a working torrent arrives.

its pretty worth it to watch this week. so i'd hang in there. a few other things go down as well.

Acquisitor
03-10-2014, 05:27 PM
its pretty worth it to watch this week. so i'd hang in there. a few other things go down as well.

getting it :)

Acquisitor
03-10-2014, 07:30 PM
the hot blonde betrayal

lol :)) just when I thought she was finally going to be violated (holding hands together, him carrying her, the long look they had given each other..) the damn girl disregards his safety, future and life and abandons him in a sea of walkers. Message to nerds boys watching the show: females are bad, dont get around them, buy comic books and watch tv instead :D

Prisoner Of Ice
03-10-2014, 07:32 PM
the hot blonde betrayal

lol :)) just when I thought she was finally going to be violated (holding hands together, him carrying her, the long look they had given each other..) the damn girl disregards his safety, future and life and abandons him in a sea of walkers. Message to nerds boys watching the show: females are bad, dont get around them, buy comic books and watch tv instead :D

Probably a good message.

It seemed more like she was kidnapped though, and the whole thing was a setup. No way a dog would survive that long on its own.

Acquisitor
03-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Probably a good message.

It seemed more like she was kidnapped though, and the whole thing was a setup. No way a dog would survive that long on its own.

yes I thought that for a second too, that the dog must have had the owner around when it ran away. But the dog was also very dirty, as if nobody was around to care for it, while the house was taken care of very well.

Smaug
03-10-2014, 07:40 PM
I watch it.

Vesuvian Sky
03-17-2014, 01:59 AM
pretty hardcore. a complete travesty. and I won't say no more.

Vesuvian Sky
03-24-2014, 02:02 AM
word of advice in the zombie apocalypse: don't steal or plant shit on others like a punk ass cop and break the "claim rule". if you saw tonight's episode then you'll know what I mean.

Constantine
03-28-2014, 06:53 AM
That was pretty brutal. Guess that's the law of the land though. Can't say he didn't get what he deserved.

armenianbodyhair
03-28-2014, 07:01 AM
I've been told I should watch this but usually I just watch dexter and scandal.

Vesuvian Sky
03-28-2014, 12:42 PM
That was pretty brutal. Guess that's the law of the land though. Can't say he didn't get what he deserved.

Indeed.:ranger:

Do watch the show. Its so brutal and w/o remorse.:Bondage1:

wvwvw
03-28-2014, 12:58 PM
I fear no zombies: :cool:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/25/article-0-1C8E3D1800000578-773_634x358.jpg
Dead smelly: Using a combination of three terrifyingly disgusting smells, a chemist believes she can create 'death cologne' that mimics the smell of rotting human flesh to fool zombies

DEATH COLOGNE INGREDIENTS
It features just three chemical compounds.
Putrescine and cadaverine are the main ingredients, which are emitted early on in the decaying process.
Both organic chemical compound are produced by the breakdown of amino acids in living and dead organisms and are toxic in large doses.
They are largely responsible for the foul odour of putrefying flesh, but also contribute to bad breath and can be found in semen.
Methanethiol, which smells like rotten eggs is also added to the 'perfume' to create its offensive bouquet.

Dr Raychelle Burks of Doane College in Nebraska says that the zombie-repellent or ‘death cologne’ can be made using just three chemicals – and that a little would go a very long way.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2589081/Would-wear-EAU-DE-DEATH-Chemist-designs-perfume-notes-rotting-flesh-save-zombie-apocalypse.html#ixzz2xGI7zk3h

Smaug
03-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Carol killing Lizzie was heartbreaking.

Vesuvian Sky
03-28-2014, 01:05 PM

Just remeber, look at the flowers:

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/vivid_flowers-wide.jpg

Smaug
03-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Just remeber, look at the flowers:

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/vivid_flowers-wide.jpg

http://static1.allkpop.com/forums/signature/2014/03/32766_1395131265_SIG.png

Constantine
03-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Yeah, it was pretty shocking. I kinda saw it coming though. It was the only real course of action at that point.
I literally saw no other way it could've been done.

Smaug
03-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah, it was pretty shocking. I kinda saw it coming though. It was the only real course of action at that point.
I literally saw no other way it could've been done.

I agree. It was the only way out.

Prisoner Of Ice
03-31-2014, 01:51 AM

It's worth watching. I was cool towards it the first few episodes but it caught on with me.

Prisoner Of Ice
03-31-2014, 01:52 AM

And such a waste. She would have made a perfect rape slave ones she got a little older.

Vesuvian Sky
03-31-2014, 01:54 AM
That was fucking stressful. I think this topped even the stress the governor-showdown episode caused. Think I'll take a shower now.

Fucking devastating.

Smaug
03-31-2014, 01:54 AM
And such a waste. She would have made a perfect rape slave ones she got a little older.

I agree the actress who play her will become a very attractive woman when she gets older, but your comment was rather sick.

Prisoner Of Ice
03-31-2014, 01:55 AM
Ok, so season finally tonight. Wanna bet that they just got offered human flesh at the end of the last episode?

I don't know how stupid someone could be to hear about this big 'terminus' thing (not the most comforting name) and expect it to not be cannibals or something. Especially when you arrive and no one is visible except some hippy chick frying up some human flesh. Signs everywhere and there's just one person visible in the whole compound?

Smaug
03-31-2014, 01:55 AM
That was fucking stressful. I think this topped even the stress the governor-showdown episode caused. Think I'll take a shower now.

Fucking devastating.

Ohhh bloody hell, I'll only watch tomorrow!

Vesuvian Sky
03-31-2014, 01:56 AM
Ohhh bloody hell, I'll only watch tomorrow!

Its not even completely finished yet....final few seconds are playing....

Smaug
03-31-2014, 01:58 AM
Its not even completely finished yet....final few seconds are playing....

Tomorrow I only get home 11pm :(

Vesuvian Sky
03-31-2014, 01:59 AM
Tomorrow I only get home 11pm :(

patience...its worth it.

Vesuvian Sky
03-31-2014, 02:02 AM
"they're screwing with the wrong people...."

last words till next season. time to hit the shower.

Vesuvian Sky
03-31-2014, 02:43 AM
Fuck one last thing:

This is probably w/o doubt the worst show to watch before going into work on Monday....my adrenaline level.:picard2:

Prisoner Of Ice
03-31-2014, 07:34 AM
Pretty good, though the first fight scene was a little too forced. It could have come together but maybe it was the editing that was off. Seemed too much like the bad guys were just sitting there waiting to get killed.

Still no sign they are cannibals but I am sure that's coming, the 'making us stronger' part was more than a tad ominous.

SKYNET
04-03-2014, 06:04 PM
I've watched the last 16th part of the fourth season couple minutes later. The next fifth season will be started around October 2014.

Virtuous
04-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Can't wait for next season.

SKYNET
04-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Can't wait for next season.

Same

Vesuvian Sky
10-13-2014, 01:54 AM
And we are fucking back!

And with a boom! Literally.

First episode of season wasted no time in being utterly 'cut-throat' (a very fitting description if you've seen this already).

Also I luv seeing hipster garbage trash getting eaten and fleshed ripped off by zombies.:thumb001:

The tone of the season is set with this quote: "You're either the cattle or the butcher".

randomguy1235
10-13-2014, 02:12 AM
And we are fucking back!

And with a boom! Literally.

First episode of season wasted no time in being utterly 'cut-throat' (a very fitting description if you've seen this already).

Also I luv seeing hipster garbage trash getting eaten and fleshed ripped off by zombies.:thumb001:

The tone of the season is set with this quote: "You're either the cattle or the butcher".

It was an amazing premiere for sure :). Although I did sympathize for the terminus group after learning about their circumstances. Does it justify their brutality and cannibalism? Definitely not, but the episode did end on a depressing note.

Vesuvian Sky
10-13-2014, 02:18 AM
It was an amazing premiere for sure :). Although I did sympathize for the terminus group after learning about their circumstances. Does it justify their brutality and cannibalism? Definitely not, but the episode did end on a depressing note.

Per your spoiler comments yes its an interesting twist they put in there. Notice how I made my post before that scene was played. I wonder if I posted after, would it have changed my words in anyway?:icon_ask:

Conan on 'Talking Dead' is hilarious. He described Gareth the leader as every Starbuck's annoying frustrated hipster manager type and that they all must die anyway screw feeling sorry for them.:laugh:

The viewer poll condemned the 'Termites' actions too: 97% saying they should get what's coming to them.

Drawing-slim
10-13-2014, 02:26 AM
Is this show worth watching!?

Vesuvian Sky
10-13-2014, 02:27 AM

http://www.thugeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/fuck_yea.png

randomguy1235
10-13-2014, 02:28 AM

No question :p. It's one of the very few shows that I'll even turn on my television for; it's just that good.

Smaug
10-13-2014, 02:42 AM
Where is VesuvianSky??????

What adventure!!!

Vesuvian Sky
10-13-2014, 02:44 AM
Where is VesuvianSky??????

What adventure!!!

I think even HP Lovecraft was blushing a bit after tonight's epi.;)

I'm glad its October again.

Hail Horror, Hail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfRGvrfdpds

Smaug
10-13-2014, 02:47 AM
I think even HP Lovecraft was blushing a bit after tonight's epi.;)

I'm glad its October again.

Hail Horror, Hail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfRGvrfdpds

My good chap! I knew you wouldn't let me down.

LightHouse89
10-13-2014, 02:57 AM
Pretty good, though the first fight scene was a little too forced. It could have come together but maybe it was the editing that was off. Seemed too much like the bad guys were just sitting there waiting to get killed.

Still no sign they are cannibals but I am sure that's coming, the 'making us stronger' part was more than a tad ominous.

well they ate people and ended up getting eaten in the end...the theory they had was completely true for them.

Prisoner Of Ice
10-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Is the "we're the same" guy the same guy as in the "then" scenes?

Virtuous
10-13-2014, 08:03 AM
*scrolls down hastily*

If I see a spoiler I swear I'll knock your heads with a beer can.

Ctwentysevenj
10-13-2014, 08:29 AM
I used to see walking dead at my previous work place:thumb001:

Anglojew
10-13-2014, 08:32 AM
No question :p. It's one of the very few shows that I'll even turn on my television for; it's just that good.

I started watching "Z Nation" which is also good but not great like WD.

SKYNET
10-13-2014, 11:35 AM
I used to see walking dead at my previous work place:thumb001:

:lol:

Dictator
10-13-2014, 11:57 AM
The tv series sucks.

Vesuvian Sky
10-13-2014, 02:47 PM
The tv series sucks.

https://www.wordans.ca/wvc-1362762386/wordansfiles/images/2013/3/8/182504/182504_340.jpg

http://www.tubanda.com.ve/Archivos/Notas/201302092210272479.jpg

Dictator
10-13-2014, 05:01 PM
https://www.wordans.ca/wvc-1362762386/wordansfiles/images/2013/3/8/182504/182504_340.jpg

http://www.tubanda.com.ve/Archivos/Notas/201302092210272479.jpg

It all started with bad writing (cough Lori grimes cough) and the baby shouldn't be alive.

Vesuvian Sky
10-13-2014, 05:45 PM
It all started with bad writing (cough Lori grimes cough) and the baby shouldn't be alive.

I take you're in the 'comic book is better' crowd.

Dictator
10-13-2014, 05:57 PM
I take you're in the 'comic book is better' crowd.

I'm not in the crowd because I dislike people but I agree that the comics are better.

Vesuvian Sky
10-13-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm not in the crowd because I dislike people but I agree that the comics are better.

You mean the characters in the show, or both? You're displeased w/ character development it then?

Dictator
10-13-2014, 06:02 PM
You mean the characters in the show, or both? You're displeased w/ character development it then?

Yes, they had to kill Lori because of bad writing, thus changing the fact that baby was killed. If the baby was killed Rick would be a far better character.

StormBringer
10-13-2014, 06:04 PM
I've been cooling off the series for a while, but I'll muster the strength to watch it to its tedious end, though they can still pack a punch here and there.Still haven't seen the new episode :D

The franchise in general is pretty good, I loved The Rise of the Governor and the Telltale video games, comics in general aren't really that popular around here any more, so I haven't checked that out.

Vesuvian Sky
10-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Yes, they had to kill Lori because of bad writing, thus changing the fact that baby was killed. If the baby was killed Rick would be a far better character.

Yeah this is an ever present theme on this thread and its usually because: you've read the comic first. You're almost guaranteed to be disappointed no matter what.

Vesuvian Sky
10-20-2014, 02:02 AM
Not as good as last week but didn't expect it to be. Still was interesting and worth watching.

Gabriel may = never trust the most religious sonofabitch. They're just waiting to screw you over according to some. And Rick suspects this. Though it could also be misplaced mistrust.

Other very promising foreshadowing events took place regarding Beth. Terminus related shit goes down but, hey, a man's gotta eat after all.

Dandelion
10-21-2014, 07:42 AM
The fifth season started with a bang. Episode one might have been the best episode thus far and I'm glad episode two is following that line. Seems the directors/writer have more options now the group is back together. Season 4 had that as a weakness in that it often felt random.

Dandelion
10-21-2014, 07:45 AM
Gabriel may = never trust the most religious sonofabitch. They're just waiting to screw you over according to some. And Rick suspects this. Though it could also be misplaced mistrust.

Gabriel is indeed a egotistical sonofabitch. The reason he could stay alive was because he locked himself in keeping all the food reserves for himself locking other survivors out. The carving on the church leads us to believe this.

No idea how no survivor could break in.

Vesuvian Sky
10-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Gabriel is indeed a egotistical sonofabitch. The reason he could stay alive was because he locked himself in keeping all the food reserves for himself locking other survivors out. The carving on the church leads us to believe this.

No idea how no survivor couldn't break in.

I wonder if we'll get more info too regarding his 'girlfriend'. He certainly had a guilty conscious thing going on in the 'water scene'. We'll learn more of his methods as time goes on.:icon_yes:

Vesuvian Sky
10-27-2014, 02:04 AM
A real roller-coaster ride filled with high's and lows. And an amazing tease at the end. Highlights:

-Gabriel reveals even more what a pussy douche he is
-'Terminus' really got what they deserved. I mean really. Wow.
-So sad towards the end.:(
-And what the fuck is going to be revealed happened to Carol?

Lol! Slash is on the 'Talking Dead'. And so is the actor who played 'Gareth'.

Smaug
10-27-2014, 02:14 AM
A real roller-coaster ride filled with high's and lows. And an amazing tease at the end. Highlights:

-Gabriel reveals even more what a pussy douche he is
-'Terminus' really got what they deserved. I mean really. Wow.
-So sad towards the end.:(
-And what the fuck is going to be revealed happened to Carol?

Lol! Slash is on the 'Talking Dead'. And so is the actor who played 'Gareth'.

Se5-Ep2 final's scene was... shocking.

Vesuvian Sky
10-27-2014, 02:18 AM
Se5-Ep2 final's scene was... shocking.

Even more shocking: "I'm tainted meat!".:eek:

Smaug
10-27-2014, 02:34 AM

Hahaha

Anthropologique
10-27-2014, 02:35 AM
What is this fascination with zombies?

Smaug
10-27-2014, 02:37 AM

It's just a series?

LightHouse89
10-27-2014, 04:09 AM

I laughed because I was like wow what idiots! The best scene was when Rick bashed their brains in with a machete. I wondered though....had the governor never found the prison and instead found sanctuary LOL.....ofcourse with the tank and his army, a big show down and Murral still alive.

LightHouse89
10-27-2014, 04:11 AM

Not sure. It is just a catchy show....I will say the concept of such beings interests me. However one would think that an incident such a rabies would be more rational hitting mankind as oppose to zombies or people who come back from the dead. I will say I like old zombie movies like George Romero films like the original dawn of the dead not the remake that was horrible. Also the crazies was nice especially the old one.

LightHouse89
10-27-2014, 04:13 AM

No idea how no survivor could break in.

There is more to it than meets the eyes. I too suspect there is something rather unsettling about him.

Vesuvian Sky
10-27-2014, 04:14 AM
I laughed because I was like wow what idiots! The best scene was when Rick bashed their brains in with a machete. I wondered though....had the governor never found the prison and instead found sanctuary LOL.....ofcourse with the tank and his army, a big show down and Murral still alive.

Probably THE Dynamite scene of tonights episode. Total "look who's the REAL badass" moment. Also thought it was impressive how he shot Gareth's fingers off.

LightHouse89
10-27-2014, 04:20 AM
Probably THE Dynamite scene of tonights episode. Total "look who's the REAL badass" moment. Also thought it was impressive how he shot Gareth's fingers off.

Yes at the end is what interested me the most. You finally figure out Beth is in some hospital probably in Atlanta or who the hell knows where. What I also found odd was the map Rick was handed and the fact they still did not leave Georgia and the map looked like it started in Massachusetts [where I live] and ended in Washington DC......I laughed when I noticed this in the end. Maybe I was not paying close enough attention to it?

Vesuvian Sky
10-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Yes at the end is what interested me the most. You finally figure out Beth is in some hospital probably in Atlanta or who the hell knows where.....

The teaser at the end was ridiculous. What happened to Carol? What's Beth's fate? Its shaping up to be a solid season.

StormBringer
10-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Shouldn't have read this page xD

Dandelion
10-27-2014, 12:42 PM
I've read the comics and I hope season 5 will introduce us to Negan.

LightHouse89
10-27-2014, 12:58 PM
I've read the comics and I hope season 5 will introduce us to Negan.

You are officially a nerd.

Dandelion
10-27-2014, 01:23 PM
You are officially a nerd.

I don't care. It's the only comic I read, online via comic rack even. It's a story-telling medium just like any other.

I mean episode 2 is even written by the writer (Robert Kirkman) of the comic series and the entire story of episode 3 is more or less covered in the comic. Yet you loved it. Makes you a nerd as well then.

Vesuvian Sky
11-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Beth!

I think tonight's epi deserves a music video tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaI97Q5K30c

Tonight was kinda weird post-apocalyptic medical drama that left you hanging and asking more questions. May not even get answers/conclusion next week. :/

Emily Kinney who plays 'Beth' is soooo cute on the 'Talking Dead' tonight.:o

StormBringer
11-03-2014, 05:15 PM
The entire episode just kinda seemed weird to me...
Before I thought the series was moving too slow, now I think it's moving too fast. xD

Raven_
11-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Beth is one of the less interesting characters (the episodes involving only her and Daryl were total rubbish, imo), but this episode was a good deviation from the main story line which has been getting only more and more boring.

Vesuvian Sky
11-03-2014, 05:23 PM
The entire episode just kinda seemed weird to me...
Before I thought the series was moving too slow, now I think it's moving too fast. xD

Definitely. It had alot to do with being in a hospital setting. The series started out like that with Rick waking up in a hospital bed and then this episode brings you back to a similar setting. It's sort've disorienting too and its strange to see the city and all bombed out let alone how people managed to hold out in a hospital during all the chaos (though they explain why but still...). Plus there were quite a few creepy moments within the actually show. The officers and their behavior definitely leave you very uneasy. They themselves are too unstable. It's all off-beat but clearly meant to be that way, not at all unintended.

Dandelion
11-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Now going the watch this Beth episode.

EDIT: Good episode. Not the best, but something different. Now it's confirmed that Daryl and Carol got separated.

Vesuvian Sky
11-10-2014, 02:01 AM
lol! the 'mullet' was full of shit.xD which follows the comic. I 'cheated' a little here so I knew this was coming.

the part before the very end was actually kinda hilarious. first time I ever cracked up from an epi of the WD. poor Abe. he's one frustrated dude now.

Oneeye
11-10-2014, 03:49 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/s720x720/10749472_992849144059357_1748686810_n.jpg?oh=d654f 34dc78f6d08ea73af1c8b589761&oe=546315F6&__gda__=1415783497_c62bfacd54ae40f8d91c98a93b9324c 3

Mn The Loki TA Son
11-10-2014, 04:07 AM
I love The Walking Dead! :cool:

StormBringer
11-10-2014, 06:16 PM
At the 6th episode
Seriously?Haha!I just stumbled on an article in which it says there's going to be the 6th season as well, could that be reason they just did this?Anyway, R.I.P. Eugene?

Vesuvian Sky
11-10-2014, 06:24 PM
At the 6th episode
Seriously?Haha!I just stumbled on an article in which it says there's going to be the 6th season as well, could that be reason they just did this?Anyway, R.I.P. Eugene?

Nope. Eugene is a phoney even in the comic.

Linebacker
11-11-2014, 01:34 AM
That ginger guy with the handlebar stash is my new favorite character,one tough motherfucker he is.

I bet he'll make it to the end of the series

Unome
11-11-2014, 01:41 AM
I started watching it last week, on Season 2.

I won't read this thread until I'm caught up.

Dandelion
11-11-2014, 03:36 AM
lol! the 'mullet' was full of shit.xD which follows the comic. I 'cheated' a little here so I knew this was coming.

the part before the very end was actually kinda hilarious. first time I ever cracked up from an epi of the WD. poor Abe. he's one frustrated dude now.

They are going through parts of when the comics series was truly getting good. The big lines are found in the comic, but the details are filled in differently, so it keeps being surprising even for a comic reader.

Oneeye
11-11-2014, 04:26 PM
That ginger guy with the handlebar stash is my new favorite character,one tough motherfucker he is.

I bet he'll make it to the end of the series

His red hair irritates me, it looks like it was dyed with Kool Aid.

Linebacker
11-11-2014, 04:32 PM
His red hair irritates me, it looks like it was dyed with Kool Aid.

Thats not important,what is important is that he is one badass motherfrucking GI,he killed Eugene with a few elbow strikers(Or is he still alive?)

Oneeye
11-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Thats not important,what is important is that he is one badass motherfrucking GI,he killed Eugene with a few elbow strikers(Or is he still alive?)

I just keep wondering how much time he spends scavanging for red Kool Aid to keep it that way when he could be grabbing other stuff. xD

Linebacker
11-11-2014, 04:46 PM
I just keep wondering how much time he spends scavanging for red Kool Aid to keep it that way when he could be grabbing other stuff. xD

His hair looks natural.

Ice cube
11-11-2014, 04:47 PM
His hair looks natural.

Sup holmes. Which part of mexico are you from?

Linebacker
11-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Sup holmes. Which part of mexico are you from?

Texas

Oneeye
11-11-2014, 04:49 PM
His hair looks natural.

No way that is his natural hair color. I'd guess him as a blond.

Dandelion
11-11-2014, 05:00 PM
His hair colour is indeed fake:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Michael_Cudlitz.jpg

He still fits his role.

Vesuvian Sky
11-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Eugene is not dead as he was not featured on the 'body count' on the Talking Dead show which recaps each new epi right after its aired. Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_%28season_5%29

Dandelion
11-11-2014, 08:29 PM
He neither looked dead to me. Never thought about it that way. :) Sure the blows are deadly.

Vesuvian Sky
11-17-2014, 02:03 AM
oh so they ran Carol over...

Other then that not much else to say. Only 2 episodes left.

Alessio
11-17-2014, 02:06 AM
F*ck that sneaky prick who's lying about his status as the solution for the zombie disease ! They should've killed him immediately :mad:

Dandelion
11-17-2014, 02:06 AM
Ah, the episode has been aired. Better not read more lol. Thanks for spoiling me, but it's my fault for clicking here really.

Alessio
11-17-2014, 02:07 AM
Ah, the episode has been aired. Better not read more lol. Thanks for spoiling me, but it's my fault for clicking here really.

Sorry bud...

Dandelion
11-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Sorry bud...

Doesn't matter. I've only read the post above yours btw. Now going to download it. :p

Alessio
11-17-2014, 02:10 AM
I'm watching Gotham now and it's actually a pretty good series as well.

Alessio
11-17-2014, 02:11 AM
Doesn't matter. I've only read the post above yours btw. Now going to download it. :p

Dandelion
11-17-2014, 02:16 AM
Guess I'll have to wait, for the torrents aren't up yet. :p

Alessio
11-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Guess I'll have to wait, for the torrents aren't up yet. :p

Which ones are you looking for ?

Dandelion
11-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Which ones are you looking for ?

It isn't up yet, Walking Dead s05e06.

Maybe it is. Going to check kickass.to (blocked in Belgium, so I use a proxy).

Alessio
11-17-2014, 02:19 AM
It isn't up yet, Walking Dead s05e06.

I was checking too 2day :p So you have seen ep. 4 & 5 ?

Dandelion
11-17-2014, 02:21 AM
I was checking too 2day :p So you have seen ep. 4 & 5 ?

Yep. I've seen every episode except for the upcoming one (whether it has been aired already or not, I never check the hour). I read something about Carol's fate and it might have been a spoiler. She was brought in on a gurney in episode 4.

Alessio
11-17-2014, 02:23 AM
Yep. I've seen every episode except for the upcoming one (whether it has been aired already or not, I never check the hour). I read something about Carol's fate and it might have been a spoiler. She was brought in on a gurney in episode 4.

Aaah okay; I thought my comment was the spoiler :p (that Eugene isn't a scientist and all)

StormBringer
11-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Two more episodes this year, this is going to be good. :D

Linebacker
11-17-2014, 08:44 PM
I just watched it myself.

I hate how they separate storylines in the episodes,I want to see whats going on with Sarge Ford and that group,fuck Daryl and the old woman,and this new guy from everybody hates Chris.

Empecinado
11-18-2014, 10:16 AM
SPOILER

http://38.media.tumblr.com/894af5b0526926e9f1fbc95b65444469/tumblr_nf5kl6sdR41rs7eaxo1_500.jpg

Vesuvian Sky
11-19-2014, 01:51 AM
personally, I'd like to see the head cop of the hospital picked off. quite the bitch that one is.

Unome
11-21-2014, 08:29 AM
I'm on Season 5!

Season One: 9/10
Season Two: 6/10
Season Three: 7/10
Season Four: 8/10

It's a great series

Vesuvian Sky
11-24-2014, 02:02 AM
This part of the season has moved incredibly fast. Perhaps too fast. These last two episodes were somewhat weak as a result. But nonetheless its been an incredible first half of the season. Next week is the closer for the early season. So its probably going to be pretty bloody and you know some peeps are gonna die. I'm predicting quite a few disasters.

Until next week.

Dandelion
11-24-2014, 02:07 AM
Half seasons easily have good finales.

Vesuvian Sky
11-24-2014, 02:11 AM
Half seasons easily have good finales.

Can't quite remember but I think the final showdown with the governor was a half season finale. And that was pretty bad ass.

Dandelion
11-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Can't quite remember but I think the final showdown with the governor was a half season finale. And that was pretty bad ass.

That was the season 4 finale indeed. The second half of season 4 was less epic as a result (because the group was scattered).

Vesuvian Sky
12-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Yup a fucking tragedy at the end. I had a feeling it was gonna be that one. And the other. Total fucking downer. Pretty hard down note to end the first half on.

randomguy1235
12-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Yup a fucking tragedy at the end. I had a feeling it was gonna be that one. And the other. Total fucking downer. Pretty hard down note to end the first half on.

It really was. Having to see Maggy's reaction was heart-wrenching too :(

Vesuvian Sky
12-01-2014, 02:53 AM
It really was. Having to see Maggy's reaction was heart-wrenching too :(

Its weird too because alot of WD season enders leave your heart pumping. But the whole movement of this season was fast and furious in the beginning and then now this: a very slow let down. So very different than the norm.

Now on the Talking Dead there is this really awkward interview with Emily Kinney. It was tragic and all but, yeesh, this interview is not really helping.

Vesuvian Sky
02-09-2015, 01:59 AM
The afterlife-hallucinations.

Explored again in this episode. Offered a few surprisingly compelling moments. And the return of the Governor (among others). I dunno though. I have a feeling that things may not be as amazing as they were in prior seasons and the show has moved surprisingly fast and converged with the comic at the various key points. And the whole concept of 'where we are going to go next' is still the main issue which naturally has run its course, even for yours truly. But truthfully that's the way the comic goes mostly as well, that is playing off rival factions, one stationed at point A the other at point B.

One of the things I've discussed about this show is how can it explore 'the bigger questions'. Like what is the cause of the virus? Can it be cured? What's going on in other countries? Actually would have been pretty worthwhile I think if it diverged from the comic a bit and used Eugene as the vehicle to explore the first of these. They claim they are prepared for possibly 5 more seasons....

So will this show still be able to pull it off? Or has it perhaps completely run its course and destined only for 2 more seasons or less?

Unome
02-09-2015, 02:58 AM
The Walking Dead should receive a plot-twist.

Introduce half-dead, half-alive zombies who are semi-conscious, run, and may still have memories. And have this all-of-sudden, like a few of the previous main characters come back to the show, but are the second-tier zombie. So they start wreaking havoc.

Then even further down the timeline, you could have a third-tier type zombie who is a zombie for all intents and purpose, but is still conscious and "one of the humans".....

There's a lot of great possibilities. I'm surprised nobody's thought of this yet

EDIT:

Imagine the main cast running from a zombie who runs after them, they enter a building or climb up onto a roof, thinking they've escaped, but then the semi-intelligent zombie climbs up after them, or enters building through side doors. That would be awesome!

wvwvw
02-09-2015, 04:39 AM
Those who don't live in the US can see the Walking dead episodes from this site:

http://www.cucirca.eu/watch-the-walking-dead-online-streaming/

Season 5 has been the worst imo so far.

Kamal900
02-09-2015, 04:45 AM
I haven't watched the T.V series but i sure love the video game of the walking dead :thumb001:

Linebacker
02-12-2015, 07:15 AM
What happened to this show anyway?Was episode 8 the last of the season?

It seemed to end too early.

Hong Key
02-12-2015, 07:22 AM
What happened to this show anyway?Was episode 8 the last of the season?

It seemed to end too early.

they took a mid season break

---

No. in
series No. in
season Title Directed by[57] Written by[57] Original air date[5] U.S. viewers
(millions)
52 1 "No Sanctuary" Greg Nicotero Scott M. Gimple October 12, 2014 17.29[58]
53 2 "Strangers" David Boyd Robert Kirkman October 19, 2014 15.14[59]
54 3 "Four Walls and a Roof" Jeffrey F. January Angela Kang & Corey Reed October 26, 2014 13.80[60]
55 4 "Slabtown" Michael E. Satrazemis Matthew Negrete & Channing Powell November 2, 2014 14.52[61]
56 5 "Self Help" Ernest Dickerson Heather Bellson & Seth Hoffman November 9, 2014 13.53[62]
57 6 "Consumed" Seith Mann Matthew Negrete & Corey Reed November 16, 2014 14.07[63]
58 7 "Crossed" Billy Gierhart Seth Hoffman November 23, 2014 13.33[64]
59 8 "Coda" Ernest Dickerson Angela Kang November 30, 2014 14.81[65]
60 9 "What Happened and What's Going On" Greg Nicotero Scott M. Gimple February 8, 2015 15.64[66]
61 10 "Them"[67] Julius Ramsay Heather Bellson February 15, 2015
62 11 "The Distance"[67] Larysa Kondracki Seth Hoffman February 22, 2015
63 12 "Remember"[67] Greg Nicotero March 1, 2015
64 13 David Boyd March 8, 2015
65 14 Jennifer Lynch March 15, 2015
66 15 Michael E. Satrazemis March 22, 2015
67 16 Greg Nicotero March 29, 2015

Linebacker
02-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Holy shit you are right,now that I looked Ep 9 is out.Thats for the reminder.

DRUM
02-12-2015, 07:41 AM
Fuck yeah back again :D Totally forgot cause of exams

Vesuvian Sky
02-16-2015, 02:04 AM
Ok so basically they walked around the whole time, ate a few dogs, and talked about their feelings. Daryl actually cried. Then something interesting almost happened but didn't. Then they went into a barn and almost get eaten. Then a mysterious stranger shows up with 'good news'. This was literally the entire epi. They really should have taken some plot turns and expanded on other things. Now they write an entire epi's that are essentially filler. The mysterious stranger thing will just be another lead into another faction war.

The aim right now is to make it to DC. But its becoming too easy to say who cares and if the show goes like this it could easily be dead itself. Haven't checked the current ratings out though...

Alessio
02-16-2015, 02:12 AM
I have some catching up to do :)

Vesuvian Sky
02-16-2015, 02:19 AM
Lauren Cohan (plays Maggie BTW) looks fucking gorgeous right now on the 'Talking Dead'. Holy fuck.:)

You know its pretty bad when TD is more interesting than the actual episode.

StormBringer
02-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Last two episodes have been kinda artsy fartsy and "deep", I'm not used to that kind of stuff from Them. xD
Was doing bit a re-run together with my brother, got though the 1st and 2nd season easily enough, but I got bored right after Woodbury got introduced and quit.Think he's still hanging to the plan.