PDA

View Full Version : Call on all Aussies to fight racism

microrobert
03-21-2012, 05:57 AM
Call on all Aussies to fight racism

Federal Race Discrimination Commissioner Dr Helen Szoke is calling on all Australians to battle racism in their community.

Her call comes as the nation celebrates Harmony Day, and marks the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1636007/Call-on-all-Aussies-to-fight-racism

Contra Mundum
03-21-2012, 07:47 AM
She means to battle white people. Racism from non-whites is excused.

CelticViking
03-23-2012, 06:21 AM
What about stopping these gangs?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/vic/-/watch/28693345/train-passengers-terrorised-by-gang/

Nairi
03-23-2012, 07:01 AM
erm, there is racism in Australia?? :confused:

Caismeachd
03-23-2012, 09:26 AM
lol the Australian people I've met over the years ( I've met a decent amount. They'd considered moving me there but I don't have 5k for visa) are the most laid back racists possible. If a Palestinian lives in Australia he will be exceptionally racist against Jews. He'll go up to them in stores and question if they're Jews before he buys anything. A bit forward? A regular Aussie will usually just talk about how some gland in an aborigines brain is much larger and that's why they can drink and huff petrol and not die. If a Jew is Australian/likewise, they'll go up to any Arab store owner and ask if they're anti-isreal. Very forward people.

Don't think you need to call on Aussies to fight on racism so much as you just need to relax and be happy you're lucky enough to live Australia. That's badass.

Albion
03-23-2012, 11:34 AM
lol the Australian people I've met over the years ( I've met a decent amount. They'd considered moving me there but I don't have 5k for visa) are the most laid back racists possible. If a Palestinian lives in Australia he will be exceptionally racist against Jews. He'll go up to them in stores and question if they're Jews before he buys anything. A bit forward? A regular Aussie will usually just talk about how some gland in an aborigines brain is much larger and that's why they can drink and huff petrol and not die. If a Jew is Australian/likewise, they'll go up to any Arab store owner and ask if they're anti-isreal. Very forward people.

Don't think you need to call on Aussies to fight on racism so much as you just need to relax and be happy you're lucky enough to live Australia. That's badass.

Yeah, the Aussies are our cooler offspring. ;)

Caismeachd
03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Minimum wage is $20/hr in Australia. More average people are making $50/hr. Aussie dollar matches up with US dollar almost perfectly now because US dollar is shit (Min wage in US is $7/hr and more often than not people are making $7/hr lol). So when Aussies come here on vacation they really take advantage and live like kings. Met a lot over the years. They're all racist as hell.

AussieScott
03-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Bloody racist anti-racists they need to put into a Hessian sack towed out to sea, and thrown into a deep, deep current. :D

Caismeachd
03-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Bloody racist anti-racists they need to put into a Hessian sack towed out to sea, and thrown into a deep, deep current. :D

For the diggers!

Odoacer
03-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Minimum wage is $20/hr in Australia. More average people are making $50/hr. Aussie dollar matches up with US dollar almost perfectly now because US dollar is shit (Min wage in US is $7/hr and more often than not people are making $7/hr lol). So when Aussies come here on vacation they really take advantage and live like kings. Met a lot over the years. They're all racist as hell.

Minimum wage in Australia is AUD 15.51, which is about USD 16.11 at the current exchange rate (USD 1 to AUD 0.9626). Minimum wage in the US is USD 7.25, which is about AUD 6.98 - quite a bit lower. And yet:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b1/GDPPC_vs_Median_Income.svg/800px-GDPPC_vs_Median_Income.svg.png

Granted, that's 2007. :P

Caismeachd
03-26-2012, 06:06 AM
Minimum wage in Australia is AUD 15.51, which is about USD 16.11 at the current exchange rate (USD 1 to AUD 0.9626). Minimum wage in the US is USD 7.25, which is about AUD 6.98 - quite a bit lower. And yet:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b1/GDPPC_vs_Median_Income.svg/800px-GDPPC_vs_Median_Income.svg.png

Granted, that's 2007. :P

Ok, well that means the average blue collar guy in Australia (the miners are making $50/hr) are making more money than the upper mid class white collar workers in the US.

It's only true. AUS has the best govt in the world. Average Aus is making over 2x more minimum wage than the average American. The quality of life standards are certainly 2x more for the same workers on either country. US is a nihilistic depraved empty vacant shithole. That's what you have to realize.

AussieScott
03-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Ok, well that means the average blue collar guy in Australia (the miners are making $50/hr) are making more money than the upper mid class white collar workers in the US.

It's only true. AUS has the best govt in the world. Average Aus is making over 2x more minimum wage than the average American. The quality of life standards are certainly 2x more for the same workers on either country. US is a nihilistic depraved empty vacant shithole. That's what you have to realize.

$15.51 an hour is the minimum wage for a full/part time worker with benefits that make up for it. $20 an hour is minimum wage for a casual position, with no benefits, but still includes superannuation when on a permanent basis.

Driving a dump truck on a mine pulls $4400 a fortnight in the hand, given you work 10 to 12hrs a day 7 days on and 7 days off in a remote place. Even Administration on a mine pulls $5000 a fortnight.

The mining industry only employs about 250000 people.

There is also a shortage of blue collar workers due to the mines sucking them all up, so builders are on $60/hr and mechanics, auto electricians can charge anywhere between $90 to $120/hr.

Considering Australia pays around $6.20 to $7.20/gallon of petrol, we need the pay as Australia can be bloody expensive.

Anarch
03-26-2012, 01:06 PM
It's only true. AUS has the best govt in the world.

... We've got Julia Gillard. You've got to be kidding.

AussieScott
03-26-2012, 02:21 PM
... We've got Julia Gillard. You've got to be kidding.

She and Labor will be gone for a very, very long time come the end of 2013. Just took the cricket bat to state Labor in Queensland and it was a slaughter. If the LNP had not given state Labor the status of a party, they would not be in opposition as Labor did not win enough seats. If that translates federally, Labor would not win any upper house seats in QLD.

Odoacer
03-26-2012, 06:58 PM

Not really. The chart shows that GDP per capita AND median disposable household income in the US are both higher than in Australia. So the average American is making more than the average Aussie. Simple fact.

It's only true. AUS has the best govt in the world. Average Aus is making over 2x more minimum wage than the average American. The quality of life standards are certainly 2x more for the same workers on either country.

The average American isn't making only minimum wage.

US is a nihilistic depraved empty vacant shithole. That's what you have to realize.

Not any more so than any other Western country, really.

AussieCelticLass
03-27-2012, 11:26 AM
As I said on a thread under the same title on Stormfront, this ''fight against racism'' does not apply to me because I do not identify as 'Aussie', I identify as European. Reading the Herald Sun's soppy Australia Day garbage which included the sentence ''Living in Australia can mean kicking your thongs off at the beach, but it can also mean kicking off your thongs to pray at a mosque'' did it for me. I refuse to identify with a country that is committing genocide against my race.

nzsnowman
06-08-2012, 03:54 PM
erm, there is racism in Australia?? :confused:

Actually Aussies do have a bit of a reputation for saying racist shit, but it's never to the point where they're lynching people or anything crazy like that.

She means to battle white people. Racism from non-whites is excused.

I often try to point this out to people, the white south africans I've met know this better than anybody.