PDA

View Full Version : Why are Kids Getting Pink Slime for Lunches?

CelticViking
03-23-2012, 11:59 PM
What do you get when you combine ground up beef “trimmings” — which are various beef scraps and cow connective tissues — with ammonium hydroxide (basically a solution of ammonia in water)? Its formal name is “Lean Beef Trimmings,” but it’s being more aptly referred to as “pink slime” — and it’s coming to a school cafeteria near you.

The Pepto-Bismol-colored concoction known as pink slime can legally make up 15 percent of any given beef product, which shaves about 3 cents off the cost for a pound of ground beef.

The USDA has decided this makes good business sense for the school lunch program, and has ordered 7 million pounds from the slime’s maker, Beef Products Incorporated (BPI).

This isn’t the first time, either — they’ve been buying it for years.

As you might suspect, people are concerned.

“Mystery meat” in school lunches has long been the butt of jokes, but no one really wants their child eating a substance that can be compared to any color of slime.

Even putting the “yuck factor” aside, there are some very valid reasons to question why anyone, let alone children, should eat this product.

http://www.odinistpressservice.com/2012/03/19/why-are-kids-getting-pink-slime-for-lunches/

Osweo
03-24-2012, 12:47 AM
I luv Pepto-Bismol :P

larali
03-24-2012, 01:22 AM
My kids eat regular shit that I pack for them...

MNKraut
03-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Because ZOG based institutions like pubilc school systems do not want to afford real food. If you eat shite like that you find yourself washing it down with more pink slime (bismuth).

Absinthe
03-24-2012, 05:01 PM
My kids eat regular shit that I pack for them...
I was gonna say, whatever happened to mommies packing up lunchboxes with home-made goodies? :thumbs

If I had a kid, I'd never let him/her eat at the school cafeteria. I remember from my own school years that they sold the most disgusting, fattening and poor quality food there. From chips and gummy bears to the infamous "toast" with doughnut bread soaking in oil that every Greek my age should remember about. I'd pack my kid some real food, it's even cheaper to make your own that buy that crap :)

derLowe
03-24-2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.odinistpressservice.com/2012/03/19/why-are-kids-getting-pink-slime-for-lunches/

Every time I hear pink slime, I have the ghost busters them song playing in my head.

PetiteParisienne
03-26-2012, 11:30 PM
I think that school lunches are universally abominable. Parents who pack healthy food for their children are wise.