PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Copenhagen!

Thorum
05-20-2009, 12:21 PM
"This postcard city [Copenhagen] is no longer a museum piece, but a lively, up-to-the-minute metropolis brimming with creative energy and youthful optimism."

You must admit, Copenhagen is one of the most beautiful and vibrant cities in the world. I want to visit someday!! :)

"Copenhagen’s Bohemian Soul (http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/travel/17surfacing.html)"

Slideshow (http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2006/11/05/travel/20061105_COPENHAGEN_SLIDESHOW_1.html).

:thumb001:

Treffie
05-20-2009, 12:27 PM
You must admit, Copenhagen is one of the most beautiful and vibrant cities in the world. I want to visit someday!! :)

Last time I was there, I got pushed over by an Iraqi running for the bus! :mad:

Thorum
05-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Last time I was there, I got pushed over by an Iraqi running for the bus! :mad:

That's the spirit of optimism we like around here...OK, I don't want to visit.

Treffie
05-20-2009, 12:33 PM
That's the spirit of optimism we like around here...OK, I don't want to visit.

Sorry, didn't want to spoil the mood. ;)

No, architecturally it's a very nice city. Typically, I stayed near the Carlsberg Brewery on Vesterbrogade and Nyhaven is very quaint, but it is a very expensive city. I would recommend the place. :thumb001:

Vargtand
05-20-2009, 12:34 PM
d: ¡ɯɹoɟ ɹo ʎɐʍ ʎuɐ uı ʎɹʇunoɔ ʎpoolq ʇɐɥʇ ƃuısıɐɹd oʇ ɟlǝs ʎɯ ƃuıɹq ʇou uɐɔ ı ou ˙˙llǝʍ sı uǝƃɐɥuǝdoɔ ɥɐǝʎ

Treffie
05-20-2009, 12:45 PM
d: ¡ɯɹoɟ ɹo ʎɐʍ ʎuɐ uı ʎɹʇunoɔ ʎpoolq ʇɐɥʇ ƃuısıɐɹd oʇ ɟlǝs ʎɯ ƃuıɹq ʇou uɐɔ ı ou ˙˙llǝʍ sı uǝƃɐɥuǝdoɔ ɥɐǝʎ

Sorry, I don't agree. ;)

Zankapfel
05-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Copenhagen has a very stylish and distinct architecture and I loved its colours.
If you got a chance to visit the Royal Yatch Club you'll probably agree the waterfront is also amazing.
I hated Christiania or w/e its name, but I still think it's an overall beautiful city.

Vulpix
05-20-2009, 01:13 PM

What is this, Exercise Your Neck Day :D?

Thorum
05-20-2009, 01:14 PM
What is this, Exercise Your Neck Day :D?

Varg has been nipping at the bottle again.....:p

Lars
05-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Copenhagen is great because:
there aren't any skyscrapers
over a third of the citizens use their bicycles
has the world's best metro
it's full of Danes :D
there are many small and big parks
many high quality museums
has many pedestrian/car-free zones YAY

But I don't want to live there. :P

Brännvin
07-13-2009, 03:53 PM
I hated Christiania or w/e its name, but I still think it's an overall beautiful city.

Why not?

The climate there, is it too hippie to your taste? :D

Zankapfel
07-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Why not?

The climate there, is it too hippie to your taste? :D

Maybe? :D
It just doesn't add up with the rest of the city imo (goes from sober and well-structured to just messy), and ruins the urban landscape.