PDA

View Full Version : Sad and confused: I've been deliberately left out of the family tree!

Kazimiera
03-29-2012, 11:51 PM
I've started looking into my genealogy, especially on my father's side since I know basically zilch about it. With a stroke of luck I happened upon his family on an internet site. I do know that he had married again in the meantime and has another child by a new wife.

The family tree was done by a combination of the family members and he is on it too.

Then I noticed something odd.

He is listed as being currently married and having one child (my half-sister) from that marriage. He has also listed being married to my mother and being divorced. But guess what! No me! So from looking at the tree one can only see that he was married and divorced and that no children came of that marriage.

I'm not cross about it, but I must say that I am somewhat confused. He has 8 other siblings and all of them know about me. But nobody has included me.
:(

PetiteParisienne
03-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Its as if the whole lot of them have consciously decided to leave me out.

:(

Oh, Loony. I can't imagine how you must feel. That's so hurtful.

Kazimiera
03-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Now I understand why she never bothers to speak of him. If I could I would completely deny that I even have his genetics in me. :mad:

Pallantides
03-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Your father seem like an asshole, the guy is obviously not worth your time.:)

My father is also an asshole, but at least he acknowledge that I am his son.:p

Hurrem sultana
03-30-2012, 12:18 AM
I am so sorry to hear that :(

Osweo
03-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Perhaps you're not there out of sensitivity to the feelings of some of the half siblings or whatever, though I'm surprised your mother is... :ohwell: I certainly would be disgusted if anyone listed my father's (non-existent but hypothetical) children from his second marriage, in a tree that I was part of.

However, when you fill in these online tree templates, sometimes you are asked for things in a certain order, and would have to go back manually to add things that the program doesn't cater for, like half-siblings and so on. :shrug:

As for arsehole relatives, we have to remember that there were other generations leading up to them who might well have been non-arseholeish, and from whom we ourselves may draw certain traits. :)

Kazimiera
03-30-2012, 12:40 AM
As for arsehole relatives, we have to remember that there were other generations leading up to them who might well have been non-arseholeish, and from whom we ourselves may draw certain traits. :)

Thank you for that. I never thought about it from that angle and you are 100% right.

Momadevia
04-26-2012, 01:10 AM
I have no suggestions, but just wanted to say that THE SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME! About 48 hours ago I found my now-deceased father's Find-a-Grave page, sponsored by a younger half sister, who failed to mention either me or his first wife, my mother. We were not close, and in fact I never even met him until adulthood, and then only once, so I don't think I am going to make a big issue out of it, but still it is a bit of a jolt. They seem to have some trouble dealing with reality for whatever incalculable reason.....
However, I did get some pictures I had never seen before...

Melina
04-26-2012, 01:31 AM
Loomy I know how you must feel. But now that you are a woman think about your future and forget about him. Don't let this situation with your father be a domino effect, meaning when/if you want to be a mother one day make sure to choose wisely the father of your child. So this does not repeat again with your offspring.

Peterski
10-28-2018, 08:53 PM
Why would he do that to you?

RenaRyuguu
11-16-2018, 12:40 PM
That sucks. I don't know if I'd be a part of my paternal family tree.

Because when my dad died I didn't want to be part of the funeral or obituary because my half brother and his mother tarnished the surname. I even had to change it as not to be associated with them when going around town if someone asks for my ID and such.

cyberlorian
11-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Poor Kazimiera :(
Did you ask it your father?