PDA

View Full Version : Scotland fans pledge their allegiances for Euro 2012

Graham
04-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Scotland fans pledge their allegiances for Euro 2012
http://sport.stv.tv/world-sport/302332-scotland-fans-pledge-their-allegiances-for-euro-2012/
Only 2% of supporters will cheer on the English at this summer's tournament, instead preferring to back the leading lights of the game.

02 April 2012 11:34 GMT

http://files.stv.tv/img/articles/302332-scotland-fans-pledge-their-allegiances-for-euro-2012-410x230.jpg
Andres Iniesta has been tipped to light up Euro 2012 with Spain. Pic: ©SNS Group

Almost two thirds of Scots say they will support reigning champions Spain at the forthcoming European Championships.

A survey by Scotpulse has found 62% will follow Vicente del Bosque’s side in the summer, with 60% backing them to retain their trophy.

The Republic of Ireland will be the second most supported nation, with 53% pledging their backing, with The Netherlands and Germany in third and fourth respectively.

England made it into the top five of sides the Scottish public will follow in Poland and Ukraine, with 31% intending to cheer them on.

Only 2% of the 400 surveyed believe our southern neighbours are capable of ending their 46-year wait for a trophy, with Germany tipped as second favourites behind Spain.

The star names from the Spanish top flight are amongst those most are looking forward to seeing light up the competition, with Spain’s David Villa and Andres Iniesta, together with Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo, whetting the appetite.

Seven out of ten of those surveyed are eagerly anticipating the start of the tournament on June 8, despite Scotland again failing to make it into the competition for the first time since 1996.

Although Craig Levein’s men won’t be there, STV will have live coverage of 14 games, a dedicated highlights show and plenty of online analysis throughout.

Graham
04-02-2012, 11:05 AM
That's right, we jump on the glory Hunting band waggon. :D Our national team is so crap.

Damião de Góis
04-02-2012, 04:42 PM
That's right, we jump on the glory Hunting band waggon. :D Our national team is so crap.

lol, Spain is a bit boring to watch with those 5000 passes until they eventually win 1-0. Are you sure you picked the right team to support?

Graham
04-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Was at the game Scotland 2-3 Spain. Infact, my avatar was before the game in Glasgow at some Spanish tapas place.

We were shown to be inferior. Chasing shadows. Great to watch live.

I'd be more inclined to Support Portugal over Spain though. For a small country you haven't half produced some brilliant footballers.

Damião de Góis
04-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Was at the game Scotland 2-3 Spain. Infact, my avatar was before the game in Glasgow at some Spanish tapas place.

We were shown to be inferior. Chasing shadows. Great to watch live.

I'd be more inclined to Support Portugal over Spain though. For a small country you haven't half produced some brilliant footballers.

We lost 1-0 to them at the world cup with an offside goal. Their passing of the ball annoyed me. :D

Graham
04-02-2012, 05:18 PM
We lost 1-0 to them at the world cup with an offside goal. Their passing of the ball annoyed me. :D

Just have to find a way to deal with it. My Manager Tip: Play a Tactic of 2-8-0, every midfielder on a free role. :thumb001::D

Break that down ya fuckers!!