PDA

View Full Version : Word association

Barreldriver
04-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Regardless the limitations resulting from the nature of forum posting I figured it'd be a good row to play a hand at word association.

Rules:

wiki
"Once an original word has been chosen, usually randomly or arbitrarily, a player will find a word that they associate with it and make it known to all the players, usually by saying it aloud or writing it down as the next item on a list of words so far used. The next player must then do the same with this previous word.

Example: Soda, Sprite, Fairy, Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Pans, Skillet, Kitchens, Refrigerator, Drinks, Soda."

Original word:

Numpty

~Elizabeth~
04-11-2012, 09:49 AM
I've never heard of "numpty" before.

How about another word? :icon_ask:

If not, then can I say "humpty-dumpty" (as in "all the Kings horses and all the Kings men")?

Corvus
04-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Humpty Dumpty was a big white egg :D

Ultimative

~Elizabeth~
04-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Yes, that's right, a big egg that fell off the wall in a nursery rhyme.

Ultimative? I never heard of that either. I guess I'll go with another rhyme or something similar.

new word:
Ultimatum

Foxy
04-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes, that's right, a big egg that fell off the wall in a nursery rhyme.

Ultimative? I never heard of that either. I guess I'll go with another rhyme or something similar.

new word:
Ultimatum

Armageddon. I don't know why. Ultimatum sounds drastical/strong in Italian (indeed it is also an Italian word).

~Elizabeth~
04-13-2012, 05:37 PM
War

Armageddon. I don't know why. Ultimatum sounds drastical/strong in Italian (indeed it is also an Italian word).

"Ultimatum" is pretty common in the USA. The word is used in romantic relationships, when couples are fighting, such as "Are you giving me an ultimatum?!", and, "Yes, I am giving you an ultimatum!". If one person doesn't agree to the ultimatum, they break-up with each other.

heygum
08-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Balkan

Ianus
08-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Peninsula

Shah-Jehan
08-28-2013, 08:37 PM
ended

heygum
08-28-2013, 08:44 PM
ban