PDA

View Full Version : Advice to go on a Diet

Terek
04-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I do not want to annoy you with this topic, this is only an actual question for advice.

What kind of a diet and how is it possible for someone who has NO support from the surrounding people? That is, always with relatives who cook something with much fat and say "Eat, eat!"?? If to say to go on a diet is a bad thing? How can I do this in a healthy way?

I do know that, I am one of the more full figured women here on this forum, and it is clear that this is not a bad thing at all, but don't feel healthy now. Also, I will be returning to study and live abroad in the West where there is a different perspective about attractiveness, and as I weight almost 64 kg that is 140 lb I realize that this is too much. It is because I am still young, and right now I think this makes me appear older than my age. There are a lot of larger women in my family, except for the most part it is because they have given birth to many children. There also has been a problem with heart disease that I want to avoid.

So do you have for me health advice? Either something I should or should not be eating, or what to say to the people who tell me to eat something that I should not.

Supreme American
04-04-2012, 07:39 PM
As far as "dieting" goes, as far as I know it's not suggested in the sense of cutting back a while to lose however much weight. The point is changing your lifestyle permanently to get rid of the weight and keep it off through more watchful choices and reasonable portions and so forth. You can have bad stuff, just keep it minimal. Eat more low calorie things like vegetables, fish, salad, etc.

PetiteParisienne
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
You and I weigh about the same, Groz! I love being voluptuous, but I keep myself healthy by exercising regularly and eating well.

I recommend that you keep a food diary. Write down everything that you eat. It will give you perspective by showing you how much you actually consume.

Corvus
04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
I would recommend you to do exercise.
A work out three times
a week helps a lot to
burn a lot of calories and is much more sustainable than a diet.

Do some running for approx. an hour or at least fast walking
and train your abdominal muscles with sit ups, push ups etc.
It will burn calories and strenghten your shape.
As you are a woman that is enough. If you would be male I would recommend you
to focus more on the upper body with additional weight training.

Concerning food, try to cut back the carbohydrates.
Avoid chocolate and other sweets and try to eat more vegetables and fruit and proteins.

derLowe
04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
I do not want to annoy you with this topic, this is only an actual question for advice.

What kind of a diet and how is it possible for someone who has NO support from the surrounding people? That is, always with relatives who cook something with much fat and say "Eat, eat!"?? If to say to go on a diet is a bad thing? How can I do this in a healthy way?

I do know that, I am one of the more full figured women here on this forum, and it is clear that this is not a bad thing at all, but don't feel healthy now. Also, I will be returning to study and live abroad in the West where there is a different perspective about attractiveness, and as I weight almost 64 kg that is 140 lb I realize that this is too much. It is because I am still young, and right now I think this makes me appear older than my age. There are a lot of larger women in my family, except for the most part it is because they have given birth to many children. There also has been a problem with heart disease that I want to avoid.

So do you have for me health advice? Either something I should or should not be eating, or what to say to the people who tell me to eat something that I should not.

Don't eat after 6, I am the leanest member of my family and I swear by this.

Anarch
04-13-2012, 10:59 AM

Ah, well. First, you don't actually need other people in order to lose weight. I'm not being pedantic. What you need is an ideal of what you want to transform yourself into. Don't think thin, think fit. Think strong, think fast. Cut down on carbohydrates - bread, rice, pasta. Carbohydrates break down into sugars which will help your energy levels, but if you don't use it, it'll turn into fat, which is harder to break down. Eat plenty of vegetables, broccoli in particular is great. Eat meat regularly. Steak is good, chicken is better. Protein helps build muscle and speeds the recovery of whatever exercise you do, and the more muscle you've got on your frame, the better your body will be able to consume energy, which is what helps you lose weight. Don't hesitate to take vitamin and mineral supplements

What you want is to cut down on your carbs and increase your protein. Protein helps you feel full, so you don't eat as often. That said, don't skip meals. When you consistently skip meals, your metabolism slows down so your body can store up what energy it does take in. It works for polar bears, but they get pretty fat before hibernation. Eat fruit between meals to stimulate your metabolism.

This won't work without exercise - which is what the diet is designed to help. Interval training is great for weight loss. Sprint for a minute or two, then walk, then sprint, then walk. Your body alternating between high bursts of energy and then trying to recover will do a lot more for your cardiovascular fitness than just going for a really long moderate paced jog. Cycling is great too, as is swimming.

Weight training helps a bit, you don't have to freak out about turning into something resembling a condom full of walnuts. As I said earlier, muscle burns energy by virtue of its very existence (so long as you maintain the muscle - it will atrophy if you don't use it over time) so you've got nothing to lose by lifting weights, doing pushups, squats, situps, pull-ups. It will take a hell of a lot of dedicated weight training to turn you into something resembling a Chinese swimmer:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCTHqAvhbuzAs5pSSejmGaiwYezkpqU Yv0BKUMYCKAvLNMUm-Rng

so I wouldn't freak out at the idea unless you lose the plot and want to turn into a human tank :p

I understand you're Muslim, so I won't recommend you do what I do and have bacon, but if you can stomach the idea, animal fat helps boost your testosterone levels a bit, which will help in building muscle. Just eat whatever fat is on your steak.

During all this, do not forget to drink plenty of water. 3-4 litres per day is good. If you're not properly hydrated, you'll run a higher chance of copping a lactic-acid build-up, which really, really hurts and actually breaks down your muscles and can hamper your training (remember - think positive, you're not trying to lose weight, you're trying to get fitter, faster and stronger). Asides from hydrating, learn various stretches that will work the muscle groups you use.

Contrary to popular perception, stretching before a workout is not good for you, but do a decent warm up before you go nuts. A short jog to help pump the blood works, then do some range of movement exercises (swing your arms in circles if you're going to do pushups, stand on the spot and alternat lifting your knees towards your chest and jog on your spot while getting your heels to tap your butt, if you're going to do running).

The faster and stronger you get, the better your immune system will be, the better your body will be at flushing out toxins, and you'll have a much lower chance at getting heart disease.

I hope that helped, best of luck to you :thumb001:

P.S. Curvy women are great, and 64kg is not fat. But I do support your mission to get fit :)

Terek
04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Ah, well. First, you don't actually need other people in order to lose weight. I'm not being pedantic. What you need is an ideal of what you want to transform yourself into. Don't think thin, think fit. Think strong, think fast. Cut down on carbohydrates - bread, rice, pasta. Carbohydrates break down into sugars which will help your energy levels, but if you don't use it, it'll turn into fat, which is harder to break down. Eat plenty of vegetables, broccoli in particular is great. Eat meat regularly. Steak is good, chicken is better. Protein helps build muscle and speeds the recovery of whatever exercise you do, and the more muscle you've got on your frame, the better your body will be able to consume energy, which is what helps you lose weight. Don't hesitate to take vitamin and mineral supplements

What you want is to cut down on your carbs and increase your protein. Protein helps you feel full, so you don't eat as often. That said, don't skip meals. When you consistently skip meals, your metabolism slows down so your body can store up what energy it does take in. It works for polar bears, but they get pretty fat before hibernation. Eat fruit between meals to stimulate your metabolism.

This won't work without exercise - which is what the diet is designed to help. Interval training is great for weight loss. Sprint for a minute or two, then walk, then sprint, then walk. Your body alternating between high bursts of energy and then trying to recover will do a lot more for your cardiovascular fitness than just going for a really long moderate paced jog. Cycling is great too, as is swimming.

Weight training helps a bit, you don't have to freak out about turning into something resembling a condom full of walnuts. As I said earlier, muscle burns energy by virtue of its very existence (so long as you maintain the muscle - it will atrophy if you don't use it over time) so you've got nothing to lose by lifting weights, doing pushups, squats, situps, pull-ups. It will take a hell of a lot of dedicated weight training to turn you into something resembling a Chinese swimmer:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCTHqAvhbuzAs5pSSejmGaiwYezkpqU Yv0BKUMYCKAvLNMUm-Rng

so I wouldn't freak out at the idea unless you lose the plot and want to turn into a human tank :p

I understand you're Muslim, so I won't recommend you do what I do and have bacon, but if you can stomach the idea, animal fat helps boost your testosterone levels a bit, which will help in building muscle. Just eat whatever fat is on your steak.

During all this, do not forget to drink plenty of water. 3-4 litres per day is good. If you're not properly hydrated, you'll run a higher chance of copping a lactic-acid build-up, which really, really hurts and actually breaks down your muscles and can hamper your training (remember - think positive, you're not trying to lose weight, you're trying to get fitter, faster and stronger). Asides from hydrating, learn various stretches that will work the muscle groups you use.

Contrary to popular perception, stretching before a workout is not good for you, but do a decent warm up before you go nuts. A short jog to help pump the blood works, then do some range of movement exercises (swing your arms in circles if you're going to do pushups, stand on the spot and alternat lifting your knees towards your chest and jog on your spot while getting your heels to tap your butt, if you're going to do running).

The faster and stronger you get, the better your immune system will be, the better your body will be at flushing out toxins, and you'll have a much lower chance at getting heart disease.

I hope that helped, best of luck to you :thumb001:

P.S. Curvy women are great, and 64kg is not fat. But I do support your mission to get fit :)

This is all great advice, thank you. I do actually exercise enough (except I think I should have more of my weight to be of muslcle instead of fat) my problem is that I eat too much I think. Most food it is very heavy, with a lot of carbohydrates, and butter. I also eat chocolate, almost every day. I am addicted((

I know men think that curvy women are great, but I did not used to be as curvy like this( I feel like I look to old, like I should be long married.

Yes this is a very popular diet. i can't do this with my family though, we all eat together and we eat later.

Anarch
04-13-2012, 03:57 PM
This is all great advice, thank you. I do actually exercise enough (except I think I should have more of my weight to be of muslcle instead of fat) my problem is that I eat too much I think. Most food it is very heavy, with a lot of carbohydrates, and butter. I also eat chocolate, almost every day. I am addicted((

I know men think that curvy women are great, but I did not used to be as curvy like this( I feel like I look to old, like I should be long married.

Cutting down on carbs can be hard. I've been eating pasta like an Italian since I was five years old so I know what you mean :) Chocolate isn't as bad as you think - try dark chocolate instead. I think it tastes better. Butter is better than margarine, it's not as heavily processed. If you're really enthusiastic, there's always Crossfit ;)

tzD9BkXGJ1M

Midori
04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm 165((

Your BMI is still in the normal range. I think that if you lose around 5 kg you should be fine. Also some people carry their weight well (unlike me) which may be the case for you

Caismeachd
04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Stop eating carbs after 12 pm. Do interval cardio 2-3 times a week 20 mins a day. Don't have the mindset that you need others to determine or support your lifestyle. It's really easy to keep that way once you get into the habit.

People who diet often starve themselves etc drastically or they will run 5 hours in one day thinking they will lose excess weight quickly. It doesn't have to be that extreme. If you stick with healthy habits you can lose weight without it being punishment.

And get this, if you eat excessively clean and healthy 6 times a week you can take a "cheat day" and eat whatever you want. It's super easy to stay fit if you get in the right mind set and make it a habit rather than some kind of punishment.

Mary
04-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Does your family cook for you? Are you involved in the cooking at all? The only way you can keep track of your diet is if you cook your own food. That way you can start counting your calories. You have a certain amount of calories you can eat every day and you don't eat more than that.

Europa
04-13-2012, 05:29 PM
'Sex and tea,if it doesn't work drop the tea':D

Anarch
04-13-2012, 05:30 PM
'Sex and tea,if it doesn't work drop the tea':D

On a serious note, sex is actually a really effective cardio workout.

If you're doing it right :thumb001:

Terek
04-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Does your family cook for you? Are you involved in the cooking at all? The only way you can keep track of your diet is if you cook your own food. That way you can start counting your calories. You have a certain amount of calories you can eat every day and you don't eat more than that.

My family is cooking everything and that is the problem!

Also some people carry their weight well (unlike me) and this might be the case for you

I don't know, you others can decide, this is me now http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=750144#post750144

derLowe
04-13-2012, 05:49 PM

I don't know, you others can decide, this is me now http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=750144#post750144

Loooooooooool, I know that one. My mom loves to kill every thing with fat and oil.

iNird
04-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Find out your calorie maintenance and track your food using websites like fitday.com. Maintain a calorie deficiency and you should be fit.

Exercising will help too especially if you can't control the things you eat (like eating at family functions.)

Easiest thing to cut out is soda or any sugary filled drinks. Alcohol too.

Mary
04-13-2012, 06:36 PM

Well, you need to start cooking for yourself. And shopping your own groceries. Maybe you could even cook for your family? At least that way you control what you eat.

If you drink sweet tea, soda or sweet juice and eat any snacks, you need to cut all that out completely.

Chocolate, butter and low quality carbs you should never eat again.

Remember: every calorie counts.

Anarch
04-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Easiest thing to cut out is soda or any sugary filled drinks. Alcohol too.

If you can't cut alcohol consumption, stick to clearer spirits - avoid rum and whiskey and drink vodka or gin (if you're feeling British) instead. Darker spirits have more impurities, which will impede your body's normal functioning. A hangover is proof of this :thumbs up

Terek
04-14-2012, 07:02 AM
If you can't cut alcohol consumption, stick to clearer spirits - avoid rum and whiskey and drink vodka or gin (if you're feeling British) instead. Darker spirits have more impurities, which will impede your body's normal functioning. A hangover is proof of this :thumbs up

I don't drink..

Anarch
04-14-2012, 07:07 AM
I don't drink..

Obviously. :embarrassed My apologies.

Siberyak
04-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Dont eat an hour before sleep.

Hurrem sultana
04-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Dont eat an hour before sleep.

actually don't eat after 19h

sturmwalkure
04-16-2012, 01:42 AM
Groznenka.

I'd recommend cutting out soda, sweets and trying not to eat between meals. Exercising a few days a week helps of course. We're the same age and the same height and weight range. This same thing has worked for me in the past. :)

Incal
04-16-2012, 04:34 AM
Don't do diet. Eat as much as you can followed by sit-ups, that way all the fat will go to hips, legs and ass.

Supreme American
04-16-2012, 04:43 AM

When do you go to bed? If I eat too long before sleep, I wake up very hungry.

PetiteParisienne
04-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Maintaining a consistent and moderate exercise routine is so important, I've found. Even just walking for 30 minutes 3-5 times a week can make a huge difference.

Queen B
04-19-2012, 02:34 PM

Are you sure your relatives are not Greek? :lol:

Anyway....
1) Drink a looooot of water. And if possible, with some lemon drops inside.
2) Don't eat after 7-8 at evening.
3) Always is eat a salad together with your meal

Terek
04-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Are you sure your relatives are not Greek? :lol:

Anyway....
1) Drink a looooot of water. And if possible, with some lemon drops inside.
2) Don't eat after 7-8 at evening.
3) Always is eat a salad together with your meal

It's a Southern Europe thing :)

Anyways, I appreciate this advice. It is good to keep in mind. I do exercise, actually, it is just difficult now because I can't just go run on the street, it is less convenient here... and I actually do eat well, as in only food that is cooked at home. I don't eat processed foods and I don't drink soda or alcohol. My problem is portion sizes, as always.. I just like the food TOO MUCH and can't ever reject it..

Queen B
04-19-2012, 06:33 PM

Anyways, I appreciate this advice. It is good to keep in mind. I do exercise, actually, it is just difficult now because I can't just go run on the street, it is less convenient here... and I actually do eat well, as in only food that is cooked at home. I don't eat processed foods and I don't drink soda or alcohol. My problem is portion sizes, as always.. I just like the food TOO MUCH and can't ever reject it..

Me,too. But where I wanted to lose weight, I was following that. I didn't lose too much, but from 62, went to 56kg, which is okay, I guess.

Mary
04-19-2012, 06:41 PM

Running sucks anyway, get a light kettlebell and work out with that. 20-30 minutes a day will do the trick.

PetiteParisienne
04-19-2012, 10:30 PM

We're very similar! I do run a bit, though. There is a great public garden nearby that has jogging paths.

Terek
04-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Really, I do know everything I am doing wrong, since I moved back to Grozny, really.

I eat late, everyone at home does, we all have other things during the day and family members insist to cook long and elaborate meals that are finished at 10pm and everyone goes to the table and has to eat them.

I also eat between meals because I am bored with nothing to do, and if I am at home I go to the refridgerator and see what is available as a snack.(

And I have this routine, that I am annoyed at work, tell someone that and go eat something)

In addition, everyone in my family just insists on feeding me, all the time!

In short, I live in a very boring city, in which sometimes the most interesting thing to do is to sit down and eat with family.

dralos
04-22-2012, 06:30 PM
groznenka eat you kosher food:D
and if you're bored my princess,you have my invitation for a week of fun in brussel:thumbs up

CelticViking
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Healthy, restaurant-quality alternatives to fast food
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46644

Mortimer
04-25-2012, 02:51 PM
I guess proffessionals would recommend you the eating pyramide, i was recommended it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/USDA_Food_Pyramid.gif

of course knowledge is there, but there is lack of strength and will power

ficuscarica
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Really, I do know everything I am doing wrong, since I moved back to Grozny, really.

Why do you want to loose weight. Your body looks good in your avatar. It looks thousand times better than a skinny model. Men want women with some curves, some fat on hips and butt. :thumb001:

Anyway, if you want to loose weight do some sports. You will eat less and burn more energy at the same time.

Aces High
04-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I guess proffessionals would recommend you the eating pyramide, i was recommended it.

A so you look like that because you actually ate a pyramid........i think they had something else in mind tbh...;)

Now when you regurgitate it....put it back,the Egyptians are looking for it everywhere.

ficuscarica
04-25-2012, 02:59 PM

The pyramide is fine for those who have a good weight. If you are overweight reduce the carbs a bit. You need the proteine in order to keep your muscles.

Terek
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Why do you want to loose weight. Your body looks good in your avatar. It looks thousand times better than a skinny model. Men want women with some curves, some fat on hips and butt. :thumb001:

that's nice) it's still too much though

Fortis in Arduis
04-25-2012, 04:10 PM

The food pyramid was popularised by the US Department of Agriculture, to the satisfaction of economists, rather than dieticians.

The result:

F.A.T.

Maddy
04-26-2012, 01:56 AM
I'd say a mostly raw food diet will work wonders...not only will you loose weight, but your skin will appear nicer, you'll have more energy, and a better piece of mind. The first few weeks you may feel a bit icky on the diet, because your body is going through detox. I wouldn't say going raw is a diet, it's more of a way of life...I've done it for months at a time, but had to stop when I went back to school.....the downside is...you have to eat constantly...and I couldn't...although, every now and again I go back to it as a quick detox. It's not for everyone, of course...but even if you don't want to go fully raw...incorporating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, along with water & herbal teas is great! Here is a website...but pm me if you want to know more...Good luck!
http://www.rawfoodlife.com/#axzz1t6ipf6ez

D_Sheetz
04-26-2012, 04:15 PM

to be honest, you can eat just about anything as far as food goes, as long as you eat it at the appropriate time so that your body can use the nutrients correctly, with the right exercise and lifestyle, there really is no need to diet..

Fortis in Arduis
04-27-2012, 01:47 AM
I have been eating just fruit and mostly pears for the past five days, apart from last night, when I ate some vegetarian snacks like dolmades and houmous, which put the breaks on the detox. It has helped me quit coffee again.

My yoga practice has improved.

So, there is detoxification to consider. I have dropped a waist size from 34cm to 32cm, and it was easy.

PetiteParisienne
04-27-2012, 05:01 PM
I have been eating just fruit and mostly pears for the past five days, apart from last night, when I ate some vegetarian snacks like dolmades and houmous, which put the breaks on the detox. It has helped me quit coffee again.

My yoga practice has improved.

So, there is detoxification to consider. I have dropped a waist size from 34cm to 32cm, and it was easy.

Well done!

Azalea
05-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Sow how is everything going with your diet, Groznenka?

Nurzat
05-13-2012, 09:11 PM
anyone tried palaeo? :D

PetiteParisienne
05-13-2012, 10:52 PM
anyone tried palaeo? :D

A friend of mine did. She lost a bit of weight.

Terek
05-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Sow how is everything going with your diet, Groznenka?

It's not. I give up.

I am actually going to try something else. It's called the "Leave Chechnya Diet."
It goes like this:
1. Get my American visa.
2. Buy flight to New York
3. Go back there
4. Live with my old roommates again
5. Cook together or for myself (NOT: Big Chechen Деца (Aunt) cooking, who is used to being a mother of seven and still cooks for seven, and insists that all is eaten) and I don't like most of the food you find in America anyway
6. Be thin again :D

Clifton
05-14-2012, 02:17 PM
As far as "dieting" goes, as far as I know it's not suggested in the sense of cutting back a while to lose however much weight. The point is changing your lifestyle permanently to get rid of the weight and keep it off through more watchful choices and reasonable portions and so forth. You can have bad stuff, just keep it minimal. Eat more low calorie things like vegetables, fish, salad, etc.

Hello,
Well do you wana suggest any diet food for the sake of weight loss?
as for diet Question i try it since years,
But am looking any permanent cure would you help me?

Chatwin
11-22-2012, 03:31 AM
Hi Terek,
Some advices for you to go on diet.
Exercise daily to burn fat, boost metabolism and lose weight. Set small goals, put fun in the progress and stay close to people who motivates you. Never stop experimenting , keep your workout journal and note what works for you. Break your meals in 5/6 small meals and add fruits and vegetables more in your diet plans. Drink more water than routine, start green tea and avoid beverages, soda and even diet soda.

EagleAtHeart
11-22-2012, 03:35 AM
There's nothing wrong with fats. in fact, you should probably eat a lot of fat in the morning, it will keep you satiated and will keep hunger at bay.

You can also use appetite suppressants like hoodia gordoni or Adderal.

This way you're not thinking about food all the time.

Then just eat lots of salads, lean proteins (whey, chicken, turkey, etc.) and keep your calorie intake low.
Do lots of cardio... but diet is the most important thing.

Calories in => calories out. You can lose weight just by manipulating your caloric intake

kreesey
11-23-2012, 03:21 AM
utting down on carbs can be hard. I've been eating pasta like an Italian since I was five years old so I know what you mean Chocolate isn't as bad as you think - try dark chocolate instead. I think it tastes better. Butter is better than margarine, it's not as heavily processed.

Didriksson
03-01-2013, 11:19 AM
The rule number one is to eat healthy. Sticking to some strange diets that restrict you from certain kinds of food will give you a short lasting effect and eventually when you'll start to eat normally again you'll gain all the lost weight back + you'll end up weighting more than you did when you started to diet. Trust me, I've gone trough it.

What helps me is counting calories. A lot of people don't like doing it, but they still somehow manage to eat healthy and stay fit, but it's my way to control my weight and there are many different methods how to stick to your diet.

Of course there are some foods that I avoid, like different sweets, but I do eat something sweet if I really want to and again I just try to stick to the calorie amount that I allow myself to eat every day. I don't eat anything fried, but occasionally when I'm eating out or visiting someone I get to eat fried potatoes or meat. I definitely avoid eating junk food. It's important to avoid flavoured drinks like different juices and the same goes to carbonated drinks, like cola, ect.

It's advisable to replace meat with veggies, but it doesn't mean that you can't eat any meat at all. I usually prefer white meat, like chicken, usually boiled since it's the healthiest way how to eat it or fish. I really love tuna, I try to eat it at least once a week. I don't eat any kinds of sausages, because you never know what they put in them, they're definitely not healthy.

I drink 3.5% milk, eat the fattiest yogurts because imo the real stuff is the best, but again, I eat reasonable amounts of them, for example, every morning I start with a 10% greek yogurt, 250 grams, it doesn't make you fat.
You can try making different salads form veggies or adding meat to them, just better avoid adding mayonnaise or any kind of souse. Sometimes I add lemon essence to my salad. I don't use any spices, including salt and sugar, never. I've heard there are some spices that help to lose weight, but I honestly don't bother myself with that, since the whole picture is what matters and not some 'magical' component of your daily diet.

It's really extremely important to plan your meals! If you don't do that, you'll end up 'cheating' and you'll gain weight eventually. It's also really important to eat at least three times a day, don't skip any meals. I try to stick to the plan where I eat breakfast, than I have a snack between breakfast and lunch, usually a banana, because it gives me that feeling of satiety, then I have lunch, it's the main meal of my day. Usually I treat myself with something sweet after the lunch, like a sweet jelly or a pudding. Between lunch and dinner I rarely have any snacks, but if I do, I choose some kind of a fruit. I try to keep the dinner simple and light. I might eat a salad with cottage cheese.

I've been a bit obsessed with organic food. I always check all the ingredients and if I see at least one 'E' I just don't buy it. Some of the stuff they put in food can make you fat and sick as well.

Basically you can eat everything, what matters is how much you eat and how the food has been prepared.

At the beginning it might seem really hard, but it really gets easier and easier with time. I'll admit that I have my 'bad days' too, but again one day eating bad will never win over a month eating healthy. ;p

p.s. I don't have any support at all and I've fought a lot about this with my close ones, but at the end of the day it's your life, your choices. :)

thetank
03-02-2013, 05:54 AM
if losing fat is your only goal then there are no specific foods that will make you fat..the only thing that makes you fat is a caloric surplus you can still eat ice cream and pizza and still lose fat as long as it in moderation...just go on a caloric defecit and you will lose fat plain and simple

Banjo
05-21-2013, 09:54 AM
It was hard for me too, always have been big (also in structure and length, not only fat), surrounded with a family that eats alot and loves junk, I couldn't do it. But as food is the second best pleasure, I only lost weight and felt good those times when I was really physically active. I think some people might cut down on the amount food, others like me just need to focus on eating better food, and working out more :p I lost 10 kg in 3 months when I did an internship, just because it was hard work, carrying wine boxes and deliver them all days among with walking all over the region for trying to sell wine to restaurants.